Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) (70669 Views)

Man Arrested In Abia For Faking Own Kidnap, Demanding N3m Ransom / Dethroned Lagos Traditional Ruler Sentenced To 15 Years For Faking His Kidnap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 24, 2020
psalmistkakah:
Are u an imposter of slowmirr...damn nigarr
Second in command grin
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by psalmistkakah(m): 8:06pm On May 24, 2020
Nurudeen06:

Second in command grin
Ok..ride on general..
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by raphy(m): 8:08pm On May 24, 2020
just imagine the suffering she has been going through and her.mum put pressure on her to send money..
she is sharp to fake her death just to save as she let them.knw she is not dead as i keep following the news since why will they end up arresting her when she has GIven her reasons .

this Nigeria police need to disbanded shit .

the girl neck has grown long and bones is just rushing out to show her struggle to survive .

God will fight her battle I don't even know if she will get a job after am the family drama.

naija parents can kill there children for money...

1 Like

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 24, 2020
psalmistkakah:

Ok..ride on general..

Thanks

I'm just managing the affairs of NL in place of his absence grin

#Keeping his office safe

1 Like

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by OVB123: 8:09pm On May 24, 2020
For those of us condemning her action, will don't know d burden that she is carrying. How can a girl that is not up to 20 years old, carry d responsibilities of d family. Such young girls end up being prostitutes or arm robbers. Pls, i want to used this medium to appeal to our parents to give birth to children u cn take care of.

3 Likes

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by stormborn28(m): 8:14pm On May 24, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Very sharp girl.

But she should have faked her kidnap instead and used the ransom to be catering for her leeching relatives.
kidnap?who is to pay and who benefit?
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Blackdeewhy(m): 8:15pm On May 24, 2020
Now she will loose this JOB, loose her FRIENDS, and at last she will loose the so CALLED mother when she (mother) realized the daughter has nothing.
Let me keep quiet before I break this TABLE.

1 Like

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by 9gerian: 8:15pm On May 24, 2020
Kidnapping is worse and a more serious crime.

Not sure faking death would be as severe especially since the mother was giving the poor daughter pressure for money.

I think it is wrong for parents to put children under much pressure for selfish financial benefits. Gentle encouragement yes, but so much pressure- no!

The poor lady is just trying to work (as house help) to save some money for her education- haba!

DanseMacabre:
Very sharp girl.

But she should have faked her kidnap instead and used the ransom to be catering for her leeching relatives.
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by chigoizie7(m): 8:17pm On May 24, 2020
She could have just cease all form of communication with her family. Change Facebook, phone number and everything
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by DarmosRaimos(m): 8:17pm On May 24, 2020
was this not the girl that made news headline recently about her dying recently and was later found. I think the Yoruba people will say that ORI BI BE KO NI OGUN ORI FIFO. she should not have done this to herself no matter the situation.
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 8:18pm On May 24, 2020
HRHQueenPhil:
May God have mercy on the girl

Why shud such a young gal be working and sending money to her parents? Is a teenager supposed to be the breadwinner of the family? The gal tried to liberate herself from family slavery and abuse. That gal shud be in skol ideally.

What a useless country we live in. What is she being arrested for In civil climes her parents will be arrested undecided

The police doesn’t know their job angry Backward society angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by stormborn28(m): 8:18pm On May 24, 2020
Mstick:
Irresponsible mother, for the lady to go this far only god knows the immense pressure they've put her on.

That's how they push their kids into illegal activities just to satisfy their monetary lust.

very useless mother

1 Like

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by stormborn28(m): 8:21pm On May 24, 2020
Blackdeewhy:
Now she will loose this JOB, loose her FRIENDS, and at last she will loose the so CALLED mother when she (mother) realized the daughter has nothing.
Let me keep quiet before I break this TABLE.
no the mother is the criminal and loser
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by MrPaul2: 8:23pm On May 24, 2020
Davash222:
You refused to train your daughter, but you want her to be sending money to you regularly.. Where do you expect her to get the money? Prostitution??
Police should please release that girl.
.....and arrest the mother and uncle ASAP
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by DanseMacabre(m): 8:25pm On May 24, 2020
9gerian:
Kidnapping is worse and a more serious crime.

Not sure faking death would be as severe especially since the mother was giving the poor daughter pressure for money.

I think it is wrong for parents to put children under much pressure for selfish financial benefits. Gentle encouragement yes, but so much pressure- no!

The poor lady is just trying to work (as house help) to save some money for her education- haba!

My comment was obviously tongue-in-cheek bro.

It's crazy what some Nigerian parents put their kids through with their penchant for emotional blackmail.

As if they gave birth to one with little but retirement plans on their fvcking minds.
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 24, 2020
dominique:
Many poor Nigerian parents have multiple kids so they can financially exploit them when they're barely out of their teens. How most of these kids graduate from school, they don't care. They'll be calling their kids in school that there's no money for food at home, that's beyond pathetic!

Africans should STOP having more kids than they can cater for and STOP mounting financial pressure on kids that didn't ask to be born.
When I become governor of my state,I will jail any parent or parents who engage their children in child labor. It is really pathetic they couldn't make it in life,yet have kids only for their economic exploitation? I will deal with them all!!

1 Like

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Aditkd(f): 8:27pm On May 24, 2020
My dear, it’s not the child’s fault. It’s long years of suffering and she has a look of someone who was once malnourished that just wacked her facial appearance. Really feeling for her.
paulolee:
chai...sori to say bt dt face wey i c 4 dt pics b lyk wu don die already bcox id face b lyl obituary pics...na joke oo
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 24, 2020
stormborn28:
very useless mother
Most Nigerian mothers are. Do you believe that most Nigerian mothers use their daughters to rob their husbands? Thereby teaching them early the love of money which they end up bringing through prostitution.

1 Like

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by stormborn28(m): 8:31pm On May 24, 2020
pocohantas:

I never knew I would see you make a sensible comment in my lifetime.
pocohantas

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Goddys(m): 8:32pm On May 24, 2020
Feyang:
yes a free service the boys parent there are poor ,just want to ask the police the we're about of the boy ,they have the ipo number ,want to know the reason why we can't see the boy for 15 days now

okay...sorry about your friend. You cannot get probono service from a lawyer online. Law practice is a business.

Go to any NGO you know and explain the plight of your friend. They may assist you to hire a lawyer
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by stormborn28(m): 8:32pm On May 24, 2020
Moralgladiator:
Most Nigerian mothers are. Do you believe that most Nigerian mothers use their daughters to rob their husbands? Thereby teaching them early the love of money which they end up bringing through prostitution.
yeah, I'm aware of that.. Terrible orientation they get while growing up

1 Like

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Monday60655(m): 8:34pm On May 24, 2020
Though the girl went too far to the extent of declaring herself dead, but the pressure from some parents are always difficult to contain with at times
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by stormborn28(m): 8:36pm On May 24, 2020
divineuk:
She went too far... it’s shouldn’t be death.
did you read the reason why
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Gazzy88(m): 8:38pm On May 24, 2020
dominique:
Many poor Nigerian parents have multiple kids so they can financially exploit them when they're barely out of their teens. How most of these kids graduate from school, they don't care. They'll be calling their kids in school that there's no money for food at home, that's beyond pathetic!

Africans should STOP having more kids than they can cater for and STOP mounting financial pressure on kids that didn't ask to be born.
The cause of this is illiteracy in the part of most parents which led to procreation of many kids to cater for and insensitivity on the part of the govt for allowing this social ill.
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 24, 2020
Arrested for faking her own death? under what juridictions? faking ones own death is a crime in nigeria? grin
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Dannyfan(m): 8:46pm On May 24, 2020
When u hv a poor parents know u are codely and partially alone. Imagine that uncle that is bordered about her death and not border to cater for her. The best thing is to release everybody involve in the case and solve it within the family, it's a family issue.
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by dominique(f): 8:48pm On May 24, 2020
eyinjuege:
Why are some Nigerian parents like this for God's sake?
Poor girl.
Imagine having to fake your own death to avoid pressure from them.
You will see a young girl, who her father and mother is happy that a man is sponsoring in school. They will even collect money from her proceeds from selling herself to a man or several men.
How can a parent do such. It's unfair.
A 19 year old barely knows how to make any money or figure their life out, and the little she's making as a housemaid they're still demanding from her.
Witches and wizard family

It's so rampant these days it's worrisome, boys are not left out too. How can you be asking your undergraduate child without a steady means of income to send money to you? It's beyond absurd! This is part of the reason girls are going into prostitution and boys into cybercrimes. I read a post sometime ago on fb when a lady of 20 years and final year in the university being sponsored by boyfriend and "man friend" (most likely a married sugar daddy) complained bitterly about how her parents constant demands were weighing her down. A lot of people in the comments section had similar complaints. Nigerian parents are not trying at all

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by stormborn28(m): 8:49pm On May 24, 2020
ezechi24:
this old meat 19years?
reason with brain not ANUS... After all you are not her parents to know her age... Nonsense everywhere
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by tfelicityk(m): 8:52pm On May 24, 2020
Dangerous game

Who gave her this idea?
What prompted her?
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 24, 2020
pocohantas:

I never knew I would see you make a sensible comment in my lifetime.

Lwkmd grin
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by stormborn28(m): 8:56pm On May 24, 2020
dragunov:

Ahe needed not to have gone yo that extent. All she needed to do is to simply get a new line and stop using the old one. I be like say the girl de watch too much movies.

She's 19
Her number is switched off, but I'm sure they will still be able to trace her in Lagos by using their village people living there.
She no wan make dem even bother look for am at all.
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by sapientia(m): 8:56pm On May 24, 2020
I don't really blame her.

First offender that felt exploited.

And she is even working as a maid.

Her only offence was trying not to be led into stealing to pay her mother's bills.

A good lawyer will get her off before any Judge cos Judges are humans that understands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Shoots Man Dead For Refusing To Kiss Her In US (Photo) / Police Arrest Kidnapper Anthony Ndubuisi, Uncover Victims Bodies In Septic Tank / EFCC Arrests 7 MAPOLY Students And Others For Yahoo Yahoo With Juju (See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.