Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,815 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:17 PM

Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) (70663 Views)

Man Arrested In Abia For Faking Own Kidnap, Demanding N3m Ransom / Dethroned Lagos Traditional Ruler Sentenced To 15 Years For Faking His Kidnap (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by stormborn28(m): 8:57pm On May 24, 2020
Godwin616:

Notwithstanding, She went too far. Ordinary changing your sim card for a moment will suffice. How can you be wishing yourself dead. For wetin nah!

She's 19
Her number is switched off, but I'm sure they will still be able to trace her in Lagos by using their village people living there.
She no wan make dem even bother look for am at all.

1 Like

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by tunjijones(m): 8:59pm On May 24, 2020
naija4life247:

That will be obtaining by false pretence and it is criminal. Right now, she has committed no offense.

Faking ones death is a punishable crime in Nigeria law
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by dazzlingd(m): 9:03pm On May 24, 2020
dominique:
Many poor Nigerian parents have multiple kids so they can financially exploit them when they're barely out of their teens. How most of these kids graduate from school, they don't care. They'll be calling their kids in school that there's no money for food at home, that's beyond pathetic!

Africans should STOP having more kids than they can cater for and STOP mounting financial pressure on kids that didn't ask to be born.

So bad, many people are very irresponsible.
People with such mentality have an IQ of the size of a pea...birth children and start mounting pressure on them to send money..very bad and disguting

1 Like

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Darato: 9:03pm On May 24, 2020
Ulunne777:
I feel for her greatly. She's tired of the exploitation. Such pressure leads alot of girls into selling their bodies.

Police should release the girl to go back to work and plan her life too. 6

Read this
https://www.nairaland.com/5876887/girl-faked-death-real-story#89866515
Though I believe she has learnt her lessons and I hope the family she almost implicated forgives her soon
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by highbee02: 9:05pm On May 24, 2020
Imagine if a guy now marry that girl, the financial pressure would be shifted to the innocent guy and as a result the guy too would die prematurely. Who knows may be her father died from the financial pressure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Darato: 9:07pm On May 24, 2020
Davash222:
You refused to train your daughter, but you want her to be sending money to you regularly.. Where do you expect her to get the money? Prostitution??
Police should please release that girl.

You should hear the real version of the story from Riyagoddess. The girl works with them.
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by paulolee(m): 9:10pm On May 24, 2020
Aditkd:
My dear, it’s not the child’s fault. It’s long years of suffering and she has a look of someone who was once malnourished that just wacked her facial appearance. Really feeling for her.
yup...my bad...dts if my joke na bad joke oo

1 Like

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Mynewdawn15: 9:11pm On May 24, 2020
Feyang:
Hello house ,I need a human right lawyer to fight for my freind,his younger brother was going to work on the 15 th of March ,when some sars guy told him to enter the bus and took him to ikeja SARS office,and labelled him a cult guy,since then the dad and mum have been going there but they did not allow them access to see the boy,nobody no we're the boy is now or not Alive,I need some one to stand for my freind so that we can see is brother ,any help or any lawyer in the house please drop ur number

Take it to Twitter, tag segalink, Acp Ishaku, SIAF_NG and POLICENG_CRU.

You don't need a lawyer sef
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Mynewdawn15: 9:12pm On May 24, 2020
Feyang:
Hello house ,I need a human right lawyer to fight for my freind,his younger brother was going to work on the 15 th of March ,when some sars guy told him to enter the bus and took him to ikeja SARS office,and labelled him a cult guy,since then the dad and mum have been going there but they did not allow them access to see the boy,nobody no we're the boy is now or not Alive,I need some one to stand for my freind so that we can see is brother ,any help or any lawyer in the house please drop ur number

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Nobody: 9:15pm On May 24, 2020
Is there anything the police can't arrest one for in Nigeria?

If she claims to be dead no be she get her self she dey wish evil?

I no overstand sef.
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by NairaMaster1(m): 9:23pm On May 24, 2020
swtdrms:
So many parents are irresponsible. I've seen girls like that who are in school and still send money to their mothers at home. It's so pathetic

The more reason why our girls have turned coded protitutes.

You have said it all
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Enculer: 9:33pm On May 24, 2020
Why do African parents have an entitlement attitude?

African parents can be a curse and not a blesing to their kids.

First, they have sex and populate like rabits, second they plan poorly for their kids future and finally, they over-burden their kids with financial responsibilities.
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by wanakak: 9:36pm On May 24, 2020
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by folu4real(f): 9:54pm On May 24, 2020
Davash222:
You refused to train your daughter, but you want her to be sending money to you regularly.. Where do you expect her to get the money? Prostitution??

Parental pressure leads some into stealing, fornication, Lies etc. She needs to be counsel not arrested

1 Like

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Feyang: 9:55pm On May 24, 2020
Mynewdawn15:

I don't use twitter is there no any other way to to contact someone so that they can call the ipo in charge of the case
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Feyang: 10:00pm On May 24, 2020
If we can we even get some one to call the police officer in charge of the case,because the parents don't use twitter me my self also ,so is just direct help they need to speak to the officers,because I don't know why the dad can not see him or they are hiding something
Mynewdawn15:

Take it to Twitter, tag segalink, Acp Ishaku, SIAF_NG and POLICENG_CRU.

You don't need a lawyer sef
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by jaxxy(m): 10:04pm On May 24, 2020
dominique:
Many poor Nigerian parents have multiple kids so they can financially exploit them when they're barely out of their teens. How most of these kids graduate from school, they don't care. They'll be calling their kids in school that there's no money for food at home, that's beyond pathetic!

Africans should STOP having more kids than they can cater for and STOP mounting financial pressure on kids that didn't ask to be born.

It’s clear the police don’t know their work. They investigate cases with a one track mind. They can’t even see the child abuse here from the parents in particular. undecided

They better release the innocent gal.
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Mynewdawn15: 10:13pm On May 24, 2020
Feyang:
I don't use twitter is there no any other way to to contact someone so that they can call the ipo in charge of the case
Call 08057000001 or 08057000002 explain what the issue is to them, they will help you out

1 Like

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by DAVE5(m): 10:23pm On May 24, 2020
bestman09:

She went too far.

They should release her and let her pick up her life

Meanwhile they don cast her, her mumsie go resume money collection
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 24, 2020
OsuMustGo:
grin
Honestly, I don't blame the girl.

Some African parents are very stupîd and useless.

The amount of pressure they put on some children is the reason why the society is as it is.

I'll prefer that they arrest the useless mother instead and not the girl.

A teenager that is supposed to taken care of is the one the useless mother is dependent on and mounting pressures on to send money. SUCH USELESS MOTHER WON'T EVEN MIND TO KNOW THE SOURCE OF THE MONEY. Whether she's stealing or doing prostitution won't be her concern. ALL SHE WILL CARE ABOUT IS JUST FOR HER TO SEND MONEY.

The old generation have seriously failed us. The situation of this country is an example. They have made mess of everything and later, you'll be hearing children of this generation blablabla...

Useless old hag.

I swear cry
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by kikelomojessy(f): 11:14pm On May 24, 2020
Davash222:

You are very correct, she should be released immediately.
That's how parents will use their demands to push Thier kids into doing all sorts of bad things that society frowns at. Now that she is earning legitimately they still won't let her rest.
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Majesty33(m): 11:14pm On May 24, 2020
That's Nigerian parents for u. I'm happy every Nigerian youth is getting wiser now. As for me I give what I have and don't stress myself on problems that I cannot solve. The girl in question is a good girl and she doesn't want to become coded olosho inorder to please high demanding parent.

2 Likes

Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by LtChisom: 11:28pm On May 24, 2020
bestman09:

She went too far.

They should release her and let her pick up her life
She has done noting wrong at all.
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by sharpwriter(m): 11:31pm On May 24, 2020
Godwin616:

Where is your location.

Lol... I'm not the owner of those instagram handles... Segalink is a man (human right activist)

While opetodolapo (Dolapo Badmus) is a classy police woman.

Send message to them on instagram.... I think Segalink can also be contacted on Twitter.

You may get help from them, Segalink especially.
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by redsun(m): 11:59pm On May 24, 2020
sapientia:
I don't really blame her.

First offender that felt exploited.

And she is even working as a maid.

Her only offence was trying not to be led into stealing to pay her mother's bills.

A good lawyer will get her off before any Judge cos Judges are humans that understands.

She hasn't committed any crime. Nigerian police are lawless that is she's been arrested. It could have been a crime if she had intended to commit insurance fraud.

Her main ulterior motive could be that she thinks her mother is a witch and faking her own death will be about the only way to escape from her for good. Nigerians are crazy in all sorts of ways, primarily due to fundamental ignorance. She is a victim of a society that thinks backwards.
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by eievans(m): 5:52am On May 25, 2020
[quote author=abluck post=899153
Just look at face she bi like person way dey suffer from maltrition
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Fucsheetup(f): 6:31am On May 25, 2020
Feyang:
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by EdmundDantes(m): 7:17am On May 25, 2020
DanseMacabre:
Very sharp girl.

But she should have faked her kidnap instead and used the ransom to be catering for her leeching relatives.

Na who wan pay the ransom? The "leeches"?
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Douglasemmyo: 8:00am On May 25, 2020
Moo � people still dey, I never knew o!
Re: Girl Arrested For Faking Own Death To Avoid Financial Pressure From Mom (Photo) by Braindealer(f): 8:02am On May 25, 2020
Brika:

https://globaltimesng.com/19-year-old-girl-arrested-for-faking-own-death-on-facebook-to-avoid-financial-pressure-from-mom/
She did wrong by faking her death. Even tho i can feel her pain, but the girl just wants to live her life. She should have just stood strong to her mother.

But you never can tell what that girl is going through in her family to warrant such an action that even involved friends.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lady Shoots Man Dead For Refusing To Kiss Her In US (Photo) / Police Arrest Kidnapper Anthony Ndubuisi, Uncover Victims Bodies In Septic Tank / EFCC Arrests 7 MAPOLY Students And Others For Yahoo Yahoo With Juju (See Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.