Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me (117680 Views)

Kelechi Iheanacho ‏and Ndidi Wilfred Look Dapper In Suits / Kelechi Iheanacho Wore Igbo Cap To Leicester City Vs Swansea Game / Kelechi Iheanacho Leads Celebration Party After Eagles' Match In Yaoundé (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by Nobody: 9:39am On May 25, 2020
Longman8:
It is not the fault of the people who we have helped or mingled with to forget us especially when they are doing well in life.out of %100 only %5 will come back to show appreciation or reciprocation that is the nature of life for you.I feel the guy's pain sha, but be sure that there is a reason for every life event. people change, things happen but the most important thing is that LIFE GOES ON.

Appreciation for what actually??

My very close childhood friend. We went to same primary and secondary and we were very close. I helped him a lot during exams and all. He is now a very popular musician in Nigeria and has moved on with his life.

I wish him well and I don't feel entitled to anything from him.

The truth is nobody owes you anything. It's bitter but it's the truth.

6 Likes

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by slaypapa: 9:39am On May 25, 2020
This life sha, when some people make it in life they will term others as lazy not knowing it's by grace. I knew people that work day nd night but are yet to be rich while someone will start today and make it.

Never look down on people but pray for grace to locate them too so that they will be happy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by 1Sharon(f): 9:39am On May 25, 2020
Allwell96:
I have a similar story some years ago, but grace found me. I'm now almost richer than the guy. For the first time in many years, he came looking for me last Christmas. To God be the glory.

So it's a competition undecided
Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by Xclusiveme: 9:40am On May 25, 2020
Abeg, leave kelechi alone o. Which kin nonsense story u wan tell ur children. If u were hustling really hard and doing well, u won't sit down and be typing this rubbish. U need Wisdom sha, not everyone have it.
Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by Nobody: 9:40am On May 25, 2020
amliftedhigher:
MY CHILDHOOD FRIEND HAS ROSE TO STARDOM AND HAS FORGOTTEN THAT I EXIST.

Kelechi Iheanacho was my childhood friend, we grew up together in the same neighborhood Nekede Old Road Owerri IMO state. We played the street balls together under the rain and scorching sun. We attended the same primary school; Unique Nursery and primary school Umualum Nekede No 4 b/stop as at then but has relocated to a new site now. We did almost everything together but today grace has found you and you've rose and clapped your way into the corridors of fame and stardom, you're now a celebrity not just in Nigeria but all over the world.

I remember how we conquered the environments of Ama - ato. Azuatalam, Chigozirim known as Podosky and you and I. If we are not there the games won't be fun but you've forgotten so fast and now mingles with those that you met after being famous.

We played an academy club "Danish" together for years before you moved to Taye academy how can you just forget those days so fast?

I remember how happy i was when i watched you play for Nigeria under 17 in UAE 2013.. I was not surprised when you conquered the world in that stage because i knew how good you were prior to then. Your senior brother Uchenna couldn't give me your contact because we are no more on the same pedestrian, you've moved higher.

Hear this,

I'm writing this not because hunger has finished my life but because a picture with you now will serve as a story i will tell to my children. Don't forget that the bodyguards and security personnel guarding you from people coming close to you, were not there when we use to go to the bush in Uzo ubi those days in search of riped fruits. It pains my heart that you've forgotten most of us who suffered with you and grew up together with you in the hood.

It's hard for me to get reach to you again as i've followed you in all social media platforms, Instagram, twitter, e.t.c. But it's easy if you want to get to me, if really you want to.

Please whoever that can reach out to Kelechi Iheanacho should help me and show him this letter and tell him it was written by Bala as i was nicknamed those days.

Rising to stardom doesn't mean you should forget those who grew up with you. I still remember paying for some matches we watched together at the viewing centres even game centres for PS2 (PlayStation). The things we did together are so enormous that i can't put all in writing.

Friends, i know Kelechi Iheanacho may not see this but you that is reading it now, don't forget the people with you now when luck shines on you.

Don't call them lazy, poor or feel irritated when you see them coming to you. We all started from somewhere and grace found you.

Godswill Uche (A.K.A Bàlà)

Oga move on, he didn't hold your destiny down . You suffered with a lot of people, not just Kelechi. He's important on your list because he made it. Nigerians sef with their mentality, I remember, I remember. ...keep on remembering

3 Likes

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by Nobody: 9:40am On May 25, 2020
gypsey:
I didn't even understand that guy's comment to be honest, the way he described his so called childhood friends as if they are in competition, those are not childhood friends they were probarbly people he came across, my childhood friends i was happy to hear how well they are doing, we are glad some of us did well the ones that are still struggling we encouraged not beat them down or made them feel ashamed. That individual and his so called childhood friends are an envious bunch.

it isn't a competition! in my view anyway.
true bro
Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by Bgorgeous: 9:41am On May 25, 2020
What is he owing you? Break away from that entitlement mentality please

1 Like

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by jaxxy(m): 9:42am On May 25, 2020
doggedfighter:
Just as you have opened this thread for kelechi hope you will open other threads about all your childhood friends and neighbours.

Rememberance is a choice so many may choose not to make.

May wealth go round so we won't be seeing this kind of threads.

He might just want to associate with his frnd and not looking for hangouts. Everything isn't about money. There are close frnds we genuinely like to catch up with talkless of when they have become world known. However its his choice and it's not a must to associate with every person u once knew. Sm can be nuisance also bt o like to see good frndship continued and sustained not those jealous or fair weather frnds.

1 Like

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by jamace(m): 9:42am On May 25, 2020
Success has many brothers/sisters/mothers/fathers/friends/village relations/town relations/state relations and even national relations.

Success is most of the time overwhelmed by all of the above.
Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by nanakgh(m): 9:43am On May 25, 2020
1Sharon:

Best believe if this man and kelechi meet without receiving any money...he'll go on social media again to call Kelechi Stingy and wicked

Don’t always assume the worst in people. You don’t know this man, the least you can do is give him the benefit of the doubt.
Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by Crownfitsme2019(m): 9:43am On May 25, 2020
Let be realistic cousin, nephew or immediate family whom your parent have sacrificed all they are for might forget you.

2 Likes

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by Mariangeles(f): 9:43am On May 25, 2020
jaytee01:
Kelechi owes you nothing. Stop already with this clout chasing and pick your butt off the floor .

Go get a life!

Don't see it that way.
It is not about owing, it's about reaching out and touching the lives of the people who you once shared in your dreams and aspirations.
God bless Cristiano Ronaldo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by doggedfighter(f): 9:44am On May 25, 2020
fullblast:

Mehnn! You are so overloaded. I really respect you. Thumbs up.

Much thanks, dearie grin grin
Have a great day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by Nobody: 9:44am On May 25, 2020
It's good to reach out to old friends especially when you're in a position to help out. If you're trying to climb, this has the ability to drag you down because friend and families will put a heavy burden on you that you'll almost run crazy. Talking from experience. Now I'm wiser. Especially now that I've contributed the little I can in the life of most of my old niggas and family members.

I didn't regret reaching out and contributing the little I can in people's lives. Although this put a financial burden on me but now I can look back and say, "when the money was coming in bulk, I didn't forget you completely, I did the little I can". That's if tomorrow they ask for my help and I couldn't render it. I know people have the tendency to forget the ones you did before and have label you wicked if you stop giving them. Now business is rough. The world is facing crises. I can focus on myself with prudence and rightful spending.

If tomorrow I become made with multiple investments and sources of incomes approaching 6 figures in multiple currencies, I'll definitely become a philanthropist and what kind of a philanthropist would I be if I don't start with my home boys? We don't owe people anything. But it's good to never forget your home boys and the people around you when you didn't have too much

2 Likes

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by 1Sharon(f): 9:45am On May 25, 2020
nanakgh:

Don’t always assume the worst in people. You don’t know this man, the least you can do is give him the benefit of the doubt.

I read his write up and you said I shouldn't assume the worst?
Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by jaytee01(m): 9:46am On May 25, 2020
bestpunterever:
Look at this clown, you are behaving as if u never reach out to somebody to help you in one way and other.
You are unbelievably stupid. How many childhood friends have you been helping in your life?

This man's sense of entitlement made nonsense of his plea. While it is good for his friend to help him out, you can't go around telling sob stories to paint others in bad light just because you never made it on their level. Nothing in that story will make me believe that Kelechi owes him anything.

4 Likes

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by makewetalk2: 9:46am On May 25, 2020
I tell you.
The fool doesn't know that he is making his friend look bad before the whole world. The writer here is not a friend but a gold-digger. One has to move on and stop being entitled.
Imagine the horrible name that he is giving the guy on the international stage. He could simply have posted the picture and said whoever can help me to reach my old friend should kindly do me some justice. I miss him and would love to reconnect. simply.
Meanwhile, kelechi is not the only friend he played with. How has he reached out to others?

The worst pals in one's life are old pals.
Kalapizim:
Crazy !

Nobody owes you anything, get your feet up and quit this sense of entitlement you have !

3 Likes

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by Dididrumz(m): 9:47am On May 25, 2020
uvie66:
in life you make friends and drop friends.

That's also true.
Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by Nobody: 9:47am On May 25, 2020
jaytee01:
Kelechi owes you nothing. Stop already with this clout chasing and pick your butt off the floor .

Go get a life!
You sound like the saddest individual ever, your life must be soo shiit! People like you would have no friends, would probarbly live in a very expensive mansion alone, no friends, no wife and no one, with millions in the bank and die lonely old and sad. sad and a cat or dog would inherit your all your wealths. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by ppogba: 9:47am On May 25, 2020
This young man is reciting the book of lamentation for nothing sake.
Has he ever come across or heard of people who helped in no small measure to some one else's success only to be ditched and forgotten?
You only passed thru childhood with him for goodness sake. We all did that with some other people.

Bottom line:
You are still a young man and as you grow older you will understand better the broader meaning of the term "human beings".
Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by tommy589(m): 9:48am On May 25, 2020
Orpe7:
Yes Kelechi owes him nothing however we don't know the sacrifices he made as a friend for kelechi to be where he is today.
Reminds me of the story of the Notorious BIG when his friend went to prison for him so he could focus on his music. Biggie later made it, should people be telling his friend biggie owed him nothing?
Sometimes the people that we come across in life are the catalyst to where we are today. Little or insignificant their actions are in our lives, doesn't mean we should pretend like they never existed

God bless you. The milk of human kindness no longer flow in some people
Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by Olakunleyakub(m): 9:48am On May 25, 2020
No one is entitled to anybody's money and you don't have the right to tell people how to spend their money but the true test of human character comes from the way you treat people below you especially the old friends you started with when you have nothing.
jaytee01:

Go get a life!

2 Likes

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by Nobody: 9:49am On May 25, 2020
RapistOnBail:
I got disgusted reading comments from page 1-5.

Why are Nigerians so Entitled to others wealth?

To the Fvg that created this rubbish, go and hustle. If I was kelechi, I would splash dirty water on you whenever I see you doing shoe shiner work.

Entitlement kill everyone out there. Don't hustle pls!
bro you have issues and you better fix it before is too late and those comments you claim read from 1-5 you did not read complete so go back and read it again so you don't act stupid twice on monday morning..God bless
Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by doggedfighter(f): 9:49am On May 25, 2020
jaxxy:

He might just want to associate with his frnd and not looking for hangouts. Everything isn't about money. There are close frnds we genuinely like to catch up with talkless of when they have become world known. However its his choice and it's not a must to associate with every person u once knew. Sm can be nuisance also bt o like to see good frndship continued and sustained not those jealous or fair weather frnds.
I agree with you totally

1 Like

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by Nobody: 9:49am On May 25, 2020
amliftedhigher:

But Buhari remembers even his dead primary school mate. He even give them that are dead appointments

Oga, your reasoning is faulty.

If you change your thoughts, you can overtake kelechi in one year.

But you are not aware of that.
Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by ACE1010: 9:51am On May 25, 2020
jaytee01:

Go get a life!

I agree Kelechi owes him nothing, but Kelechi has a human face!! I'm sure if you were in Godwin Uche's shoes your drum would have been louder grin cheesy undecided
Life is a teacher you know undecided undecided
Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by Buffalo2(m): 9:51am On May 25, 2020
Alex96:

That picture is a free download from Alamy just like getty. You posted a free stock picture of two kids playing ball
I was wondering cos none of the kids resembles Kelechi o
Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by bestpunterever: 9:51am On May 25, 2020
jaytee01:
You are unbelievably stupid. How many childhood friends have you been helping in your life?

This man's sense of entitlement made nonsense of his plea. While it is good for his friend to help him out, you can't go around telling sob stories to paint others in bad light just because you never made it on their level. Nothing in that story will make me believe that Kelechi owes him anything.
I repeat you are more stupid, if you think it's a bad idea to reach out to your old bosom friends who negleted you after getting to a peak in life.
Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by ojuu4u(m): 9:52am On May 25, 2020
Jodera:
Sometimes, when people shout, "nobody owes you anything, even your closest friends", sometimes I just shake my head.
Either people are surrounded by wicked friends or they don't share so many fond memories with some close friends that they just forget them easily. I know if C. Ronaldo have forgotten his closest friend who made way for him to rise to stardom, some wicked people will say Ronaldo doesn't owe him anything. Thank God Ronaldo isn't like that.
Back to the matter, there are some people in life you can't and ought not to forget no matter how made you've made it in life. Yes, this life is a personal race, but there some people who helped you get where you were with their sacrifices and commitment. Being at the top and saying you owe those people nothing and they should go hutsle their own, or saying they have entitlement is been heartless of the highest order. We should stop all these please, only few people (and I mean very few people) get to the top without commitment and sacrifice from people or friends.

Mind you, the above post is for very close friend(s) that you people have passed through a lot together and not normal friend or peer group mates

We meet to part and we part to meet. Nooooooobody owes anybody obligations to assist him or her except one's clooooose siblings. Most especially kids, wife and parents.
My closest friend in pry 6 then, years after years, we hardly talk even on Facebook. Did we have quarrel? Not for once.

In Nigeria we normally angry unnecessarly on someone who owes us nothing, when you get to a joint ,if don't buy for them they become angry, when u board same vehicle you don't pay for then, quarrelling. When u date a girl and parted, in future she meets u as better person and refuse to start footing her bills wahala*.....you grew up with friend who didn't contribute penny when you are struggling , you latter make it in life " open letter.....

6 Likes

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by humilitypays(m): 9:52am On May 25, 2020
RoiTV2020:
Kelechi isn't as bad as the OP is trying to paint him. You can't remember everyone from your childhood

Is it not same Kelechi who took his best friend with him to England and it was reported that he even bought a house for him over there? That his best friend (from childhood) acts as his PA and everything.

Sometime last year, one of his old friend and PA in Owerri was involved in an auto crash and lost his life. It was reported that he works under Kelechi from Owerri, and he is one of dem old boys.

Op, maybe you guys didn't keep in touch for many years before he blew. He probably can't remember everyone.
Best comment!

Nobody forgets his close pals. I know how many of my very close friends I have helped their life to become better and still planning for the last one I got to know about recently, his condition now in the village got me teary.

I also remember how some close friends helped pull me up when I was down, and that I will never forget.

So op, think well, maybe you and Kelechi weren't that close before he became successful, maybe your friendship were during teenage hood which can easily be forgotten, God will bless you too okay, so keep working on your own life and dream, don't give up, but I pray he sees this and help you out

2 Likes

Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by doggedfighter(f): 9:52am On May 25, 2020
mrcrabs:

God bless you for this comment...
Thanks,boss
Re: Godswill Uche 'Bala': Kelechi Iheanacho, My Childhood Friend Who Forgot Me by OlalekanMultiD(m): 9:53am On May 25, 2020
jesmond3945:
This is the same problem I have with Nigerians. If kelechi was still hustling in Nigeria, I don't think this guy would even want to associate with him. Kelechi owes you nothing, go and hustle so that you can be better than kelechi.

you I mean you gangan can't never be better than kelechi iheanacho
Trash

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Shows Off His Home. Fans React (Photos, Video) / Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam To Retain Heavyweight Title / Nigeria Vs Japan: RIO 2016 Olympics 5 - 4 On 5th August 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.