Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,456 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? (11387 Views)

Ignore Rumours That Fulanis Are In Imo To Kill Igbo People — Uzodinma [VIDEO] / Imo To Recover Oil Wells From Rivers / Oshiomhole Came To Imo To Insult Me Instead Of Selling APC Candidate - Rochas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by Kinematics: 1:16pm On May 25, 2020
Sammy07:
UDmaster, totit, Amarabae, dedetwo, omonnakoda, sunshineg5

Pipeline label codes are colored green for oil, red for gas and blue for products, such as gasoline, propane and ethylene

Niger delta should be complaining, not you guys

Allow them to be feeding their ego...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by PortHarcourt1st: 1:17pm On May 25, 2020
Kinematics:

Allow them to be feeding their ego...

PORT HARCOURT slum dweller, your own is just to move around like a bat. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by PVision2020(m): 1:21pm On May 25, 2020
I don't get this guys rant...You provide gas in exchange for money and you're shouting.
If the SE can afford it what stop Seplat and Co. from supplying them?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by totit: 1:27pm On May 25, 2020
PVision2020:
I don't get this guys rant...You provide gas in exchange for money and you're shouting.

grin grin grin

Those people are just a bunch of funny bunch.
Left for me, I would have even preferred we take it over without paying a dime. grin. Their igr is nothing to write home about yet they receive more than they give back. So, who's milking who? While SW, on the other hand, receives less to what its contributes to the country's igr so I repeat, who's milking who?

I am done talking abeg. grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by AlabiJ: 1:30pm On May 25, 2020
Sammy07:

We don't care.
At least there is gas in SS.

Smh. You fall hand sha. A simple Google search would have showed you enough proof that both Lagos and Ondo (Ororo field) have proven Gas reserves. There is even a thread about it on this forum.

https://www.nairaland.com/3106511/lagos-ondo-states-gas-reserves

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 25, 2020
Loooolllz. Just reading all the replies here make me laugh. Igbos are so clannish, petty and myopic.

Are you your own nation, with your own separate constitution, to do as you please with whatever natural resources found under your soil? Especially when you are well-compensated by the federal government for them?

And you are the same people always saying it is a question of time Igbo man becomes Governor of Lagos!!!

You want to go up and down and benefit from the liberal and inclusive policies of others whereas you feel nothing you have must benefit other Nigerians.

Just hope any non-Igbo supporting Igbo Presidency, for the sake of "equity", is noting this from Igbos who are irredeemably hateful, clannish and wicked.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by Amarabae(f): 1:38pm On May 25, 2020
PVision2020:
you talk like an illiterate, a state has no right to sell its oil or gas.
it is a federal govt right through the NNPC,
the bone of contention here is the piping of gas from IMO to Lagos by the FG

9 Likes

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by omonnakoda: 1:41pm On May 25, 2020
Amarabae:

Is that happening today?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by kayfra: 1:48pm On May 25, 2020
Amarabae:

There is nothing to contend with but simple economics. You channel resources where it profits you the most.

This is why I wish NNPC was privatized so we won't have to deal with emotional outbursts such as this. For the umpteenth time. The SE is poor and can't afford anything

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by omonnakoda: 1:53pm On May 25, 2020
Amarabae:

Has that ever happened

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by Amarabae(f): 1:55pm On May 25, 2020
kayfra:

The SE is poor and can't afford anything

but your brothers and sisters are in the hot sun there hawking agbo and disturbing Igbos on radio with their fake herbal drugs.
lol,

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by googi: 1:56pm On May 25, 2020
AlabiJ:

Smh. You fall hand sha. A simple Google search would have showed you enough proof that both Lagos and Ondo (Ororo field) have proven Gas reserves. There is even a thread about it on this forum.

We have oil. We have gas. But cannot eat, drink or have money to buy oil and gas.

Yet Lagos and America have huge supply and once they stop buying, your oil and gas become useless.

You go into Recession and Famine. Think!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by PVision2020(m): 1:59pm On May 25, 2020
Amarabae:

The illiterate here is you who can't understand the simple law of demand and supply. The licence for those gas fields were given to Seplat and Co. who are majorly Igbos but they are not emotional quack economist like you who doesn't understand the fundamentals of Economics.
For Seplat to recoup his investment, he pipes and supply to readily available market(s).

And just to be clear, SW receives Gas majorly from the Niger delta and not some esusu gas from Imo

https://seplatpetroleum.com/operations/oml-53/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by RuggedSniper: 2:00pm On May 25, 2020
Sammy07:
UDmaster, totit, Amarabae, dedetwo, omonnakoda, sunshineg5, PHijo

Pipeline label codes are colored green for oil, red for gas and blue for products, such as gasoline, propane and ethylene

Niger delta should be complaining, not you guys
You are the ONLY person who has made the most sense with the pictorial gas pipeline route you attached to your post. The Niger Delta and NOT Imo is actually the origin of the industrial gas used by industries in Lagos, Ogun, PH and elsewhere in Nigeria. Most of the pipeline gas is actually coming in from Itsekiri and Ijaw gas fields in Delta State for Lagos industries and the West African Gas Pipeline Project for Ghana and others.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by kayfra: 2:02pm On May 25, 2020
Amarabae:

but your brothers and sisters are in the hot sun there hawking agbo and disturbing Igbos on radio with their fake herbal drugs.
lol,

She made a funny. grin

We can't contend with the thousands of daily economic migrants from the SE. All my life, it's been a one way traffic with Igbos flooding the SW seeking economic opportunities. The funny thing is once they make a living wage in the SW, they never ever go back and this includes their kids and subsequent generations. Thats why we have millions of Yorubanized Igbos all over the SW that speak Yoruba as a primary language having no inkling of Igbo. I mean zero knowledge of Igbo.

Give them another generation, you won't even know thier provenance any longer. As years goes by, less of them are going back for that annual pilgrimage back to the East. I am positive you fall under what I just described. It's your reality, not mine grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by RuggedSniper: 2:03pm On May 25, 2020
AlabiJ:

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:08pm On May 25, 2020
AlabiJ:

You have gas and struggle all the way to east to get gas that will power Yoruba land, keep deceiving, no gas in Yorubaland, that would've been Obasanjo's first project when he was the head of state instead of spending billions of dollars to lay pipeline from the east to west

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by PVision2020(m): 2:09pm On May 25, 2020
totit:

grin grin grin

Those people are just a bunch of funny bunch.
Left for me, I would have even preferred we take it over without paying a dime. grin. Their igr is nothing to write home about yet they receive more than they give back. So, who's milking who? While SW, on the other hand, receives less to what its contributes to the country's igr so I repeat, who's milking who?

I am done talking abeg. grin
The way they reason is mind boggling. And they have this herd mentality, both their Educated and Ipob miscreants reason alike... Emotional without Logic.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:12pm On May 25, 2020
These are Gas fields

There's no gas in Yorubaland

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:16pm On May 25, 2020
See gas fields dotted with black

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by kayfra: 2:17pm On May 25, 2020
post=89945311:
These are Gas fields

There's no gas in Yorubaland

That's fine. The prioritized market is in Yoruba land. Same way the primary consumers of Nigerian crude are foreigners. You can now get a pat on your back
Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by PVision2020(m): 2:21pm On May 25, 2020
kayfra:

She made a funny. grin

We can't contend with the thousands of daily economic migrants from the SE. All my life, it's been a one way traffic with Igbos flooding the SW seeking economic opportunities. The funny thing is once they make a living wage in the SW, they never ever go back and this includes their kids and subsequent generations. Thats why we have millions of Yorubanized Igbos all over the SW that speak Yoruba as a primary language having no inkling of Igbo. I mean zero knowledge of Igbo.

Give them another generation, you won't even know thier provenance any longer. As years goes by, less of them are going back for that annual pilgrimage back to the East. I am positive you fall under what I just described. It's your reality, not mine grin
Baba I dey tell you. They only embark on their annual December pilgrimage and ultimately return in body bags.
Their new generation are not even following the above pattern anymore. I have many of them as friends. They speak fluent Yoruba and knows very little of their native Igbos, their playlist is full of Olamide, Zlatan, Naira Marley and Co. In 30years time we may have no option than to naturalize them since they would have lost the iota of Igbo in them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:22pm On May 25, 2020
Let me zoom

From this map blue dots oil fields, red Gas fields non in Yoruba land

Only Lagos with blue with oil field

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by MetaPhysical: 2:23pm On May 25, 2020
Dedetwo:
I honestly believed that disintegration of Nigeria will teach many Nigerian lesson for life. I wish my prayers would be answered. Most Nigerians have been rendered useless by the deceitful roof called Nigeria. The irresponsible nature of Nigeria has permeated to the society's socio-politico-economic mannerisms. These are loudmouthed dingbats who are so desired to flood the forum with charts of IGR of Lagos but failed to show how federal government skewed policies especially in citing of certain amenities tend to affect such charts. I am sick and tired of these nonsensical shenanigans from certain characters in Nigeria.

Calm down!
Calm down now in Jesus name!!

This topic is not about IGR. This is talk about trunking gas from Imo to Lagos. Focus.

1 Like

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:29pm On May 25, 2020
MetaPhysical:

Calm down!
Calm down now in Jesus name!!

This topic is not about IGR. This is talk about trunking gas from Imo to Lagos. Focus.
Shell and Seplat

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by kayfra: 2:33pm On May 25, 2020
post=89945834:

Shell and Seplat

For Seplat to be able to service his loans and make a profit. It's in his best interest and the interest of his shareholders and paymasters to pipe every cubic foot of gas to the masters den (SW) grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by tyup(m): 2:34pm On May 25, 2020
Captainrambo2:

And you foolishlish grabbed 2nd as your birth right. undecided
Northern sokoto blooded
you have to get brain/sense while you still got the time undecided
Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 25, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

South West cannot survive without south East, my Cent.
What has been seen, cannot be unseen.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by AlabiJ: 2:35pm On May 25, 2020
post=89945193:

You have gas and struggle all the way to east to get gas that will power Yoruba land, keep deceiving, no gas in Yorubaland, that would've been Obasanjo's first project when he was the head of state instead of spending billions of dollars to lay pipeline from the east to west

Will you shut the fvck up and stop shouting like a retorded goat. Na so e pain you reach??

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/05/05/with-huge-gas-reserves-of-650bcf-lagos-joins-oil-producing-states/

Go and commit suicide since you are in so much pains.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by Anambra1stSon(m): 2:36pm On May 25, 2020
kayfra:

For Seplat to be able to service his loans. It's in his best interest and the interest of his shareholders and paymasters to pipe every cubic foot of gas to the masters den (SW) grin
Can you afford gas, when house rent is hard for you guys to pay
They are helping Nigerians and foreigners in your region.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are FG Pumping Gas From Imo To Lagos State? by kayfra: 2:38pm On May 25, 2020
post=89946018:

Can you afford gas, when house rent is hard for you guys to pay
They are helping Nigerians and foreigners in your region.

This is where that pesky but persistent poverty statistics comes into play and why investment decisions such as the one you just showed from Seplat points to where the money is. Trust me, if he could run a profitable company by selling to the SE that would be his preference. I mean why not? SE is closer to where the gas is but yet he still has to transverse thousands of kilometers to sell where the market really is.

You are full of contradictions and can't seem to form a coherent argument beyond your primal urge for emotional gratification by empty showboating grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Adulterated Fuel: Marketers Fear Court Cases, FG To Compensate Car Owners / Buhari: Nigeria Air To Take Flight By December / Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Gombe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.