Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim (47664 Views)

Emilio Ballack's Injuries Were So Severe, Those Who Treated Him Are In Trauma / Emilio Ballack Dies In Quad Bike Accident / Emilio Ballack Is Dead! Michael Ballack Son Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Adjovi: 5:44pm On May 26, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
What are you talking about ? Is it not the same messi he caged in Anfield for 90 minutes last season. May be you don't even watch football

He was watching the back of the TV.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by espn(m): 5:44pm On May 26, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
What are you talking about ? Is it not the same messi he caged in Anfield for 90 minutes last season. May be you don't even watch football
Oga read before jumping...is this the messi we have 5-7 years ago...be sincere with yourself...Who is Van Dijk when messi was hot...
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Adjovi: 5:46pm On May 26, 2020
espn:
Oga read before jumping...is this the messi we have 5-7 years ago...be sincere with yourself...Who is Van Dijk when messi was hot...

Another excuse just to support your view......I guess you are either a barca or man u fan.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Daguccizgreat(m): 5:46pm On May 26, 2020
espn:
You are not making sense at all young man. Messi is the current world best so what shit are you talking about ?
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Daguccizgreat(m): 5:47pm On May 26, 2020
Adjovi:

Another excuse just to support your view......I guess you are either a barca or man u fan.
Don't mind the guy. He has no point to make
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by pretyval: 5:47pm On May 26, 2020
The truth irrespective of whether it was credible or not is that Van D stood no chance against those men.... in my opinion he is good but there are better defenders in the world in modern football.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Adjovi: 5:48pm On May 26, 2020
RTSC:

It is easy to break goal scoring records in an era where mustafi and David Luiz are starting defenders for a top 6 team.

In the era of Terry, carvalho, vidic, Ferdinand, Rafael, Campbell, silvestre, salah no go reach box 18.

It's easy indeed. I be footballer if anyone is deceiving you that scoring is that easy , you are jonzing.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by csamii: 5:50pm On May 26, 2020
openmine:

Exactly!
Truth is they just hate the fact that VVD is at liverpool!
If he was at barca or madrid or chelsea,or even manutd,he would called him the best!

Just like they're hyping their man Maguire.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Adjovi: 5:50pm On May 26, 2020
pretyval:
The truth irrespective of whether it was credible or not is that Van D stood no chance against those men.... in my opinion he is good but there are better defenders in the world in modern football.

Which men? All these people you guys mentioned self rely on pace and power of which van dijk thrives . He'll mark all of them with ease especially drogba.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by IkpuNneGi(m): 5:50pm On May 26, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
You know little about football for saying such. The player most of you regard as greatest of all time (messi) was caged in Anfield by Vvd and co for 90 minutes and eventually lost out in an embarrassing way. Think before you write
Shut Tha Fvck Up

And vvd was beaten home and away by ATM

1 Like

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by espn(m): 5:51pm On May 26, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
You are not making sense at all young man. Messi is the current world best so what shit are you talking about ?
kid dont address people with uncouth language...You can simply pass your point by bin reasonable with your comment...
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Adjovi: 5:51pm On May 26, 2020
IkpuNneGi:
Shut Tha Fvck Up

Due to keeper error.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by uyiv(m): 5:52pm On May 26, 2020
Bros, oil dey your head
EmeraldKing7:
People go dey anaylse real life football like PlayStation

Because u don't see Van dijk performing sliding tackles like Terry or getting red cards like Ramos or getting his hips twisted like puyol does not mean he is not a good defender

The stats don't lie.Since Van dijk came to Liverpool,their defense has improved immensely.He commands the back 4 like a leader and improves his fellow comrades.Guys like matip,Arnold,Gomes and even lovren have improved very well

As for those saying football today is easy.
let me tell u something, Liverpool had 97 points last season and still finished second.
Chelsea had 95 and won it.Leicester won it with 85 points..Even Arsenal invincibles did not even win the league with 97 points
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by IkpuNneGi(m): 5:53pm On May 26, 2020
Adjovi:

Due to keeper error.
keeper error??

I laugh in Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Daguccizgreat(m): 5:54pm On May 26, 2020
IkpuNneGi:
Shut Tha Fvck Up

You are uncivilized for using such words on me. Shallow minded fellows like you do not know that Liverpool played champions league finals back to back immediately VVd arrived at anfield. Liverpool cannot continue to reach the champions league final year after year. It's not their birth right
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Adjovi: 5:55pm On May 26, 2020
uyiv:
Bros, oil dey your head

He's saying the fact. As a defender you should calculate and anticipate your moves especially 5&6(central defender) any mistake can lead to a goal, so you have to learn and mark like van dijk. That's why Liverpool have conceded less goals and have second highest clean sheet if not the first.

1 Like

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Adjovi: 5:55pm On May 26, 2020
IkpuNneGi:
keeper error??

I laugh in Nonsense

Yeah same nonsense you have been saying since.

1 Like

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by openmine(m): 5:55pm On May 26, 2020
espn:
When messi was hot?
In oda words,the goals scored by messi last season were all penalties abi?
Arguably the best player in the world is now cold,according to you, and yet that same player scored twice against liverpool at nou camp!
Na wa for una ohh grin grin
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Daguccizgreat(m): 5:58pm On May 26, 2020
espn:
kid dont address people with uncouth language...You can simply pass your point by bin reasonable with your comment...
You ain't feeling fine at all. Do you know how old I am dude ? I'm sure you are not up to my younger sister's age so choose your words carefully
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Daguccizgreat(m): 5:59pm On May 26, 2020
openmine:

When messi was hot?
In oda words,the goals scored by messi last season were all penalties abi?
Arguably the best player in the world is now cold,according to you, and yet that same player scored twice against liverpool at nou camp!
Na wa for una ohh grin grin
He's a confused fellow. Just leave him alone
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by IkpuNneGi(m): 6:00pm On May 26, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
You are uncivilized for using such words on me. Shallow minded fellows like you do not know that Liverpool played champions league finals back to back immediately VVd arrived at anfield. Liverpool cannot continue to reach the champions league final year after year. It's not their birth right
Oga go your way joor

Civilized human being bean
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by Afamed: 6:22pm On May 26, 2020
ekevwe:

Why rating Van Dirtk this high? He is just playing top football for just 3 yrs now. He is not even a top defender compare to Tony Adams, Jam Stan, Ferdinand, John Terry, Vidic.....

These defenders faced alots of good strikers compare to this modern era that the strikers are very lazy
Na waaa for you ooo. Those Defenders you mentioned were in another world entirely.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by amoreobansu: 6:25pm On May 26, 2020
paulolee:
lol...i guess dt tweet is fake coming from a professional like micheal ballack, bt lets assume he tweeted it, I think the tweet is soo on point..van dijk is a good defender bt I think he is just soo overated by the over hyping british media to make the world seems that they gat the best defender in thier league bt dnt get me wrong because am taking nothing from the fact that he is the best defender in the league nt not the best in the world...i give him big respect for controlling the liverpool defense with so much confidence and his giant body structure dt do installs fear in some players bt I think he is not up to the level of some defenders like ramos, pique, chiellini, bonucci, godin, thiago silver, john terry, nemanja vidic, puyol, thuram, nesta etc in thier prime n these past defenders wasnt that hyped to the point of winning a ballon d or, the funny thing is that the british media wont mind going ahead to say that van dijk is the best ever, afterall they onced compared hazard n sterling goal ratio on their best seasons last 2 season to ronaldo n messi's performance but we all know how it ended....is it not d same van dijk dt we saw being afraid against f.cb at camp nou n was caught sleeping wen suarez ran inbetween him n d oda defender to score the first goal n was pictured ball watching messi second goal??... was he not taken to d cleaners against salzburg in anfield by dt asian kid dt Liverpool jus signed...if those listed legends are currently in epl expecially d stuborn drogba, hungry henry n dt bully costa, i guess van dijk would work more than this current season bt still be said to be the best defender in epl bcoz none id better than that i have seen for now....my opinion..

*Aguero took 255 Premier League fixtures to reach 177 goals(Active). Henry took 258 (Retired)...

*Aubameyang scored 50 in just 52 games for the club, while record goalscorer Thierry Henry doesn’t make the top ten.

*Harry Kane has scored 138 career goals for club in 198 appearances(Active). Drogba scored 100 goals in 226 appearances for Chelsea (Retired).

*Messi was unstoppable vs Man United in the 2 Champions League finals. Manchester United best defence ever failed to stop him...

2 Likes

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by engrchykae(m): 6:49pm On May 26, 2020
ProfAmaben:
Very true, seems the quality of football is on a rapid decline. If not, explain why a decent player like Dembele would cost 144million, or Coutinho 160million?
In the world today, how many people can we call "Strikers"? Imagine Erlin Braut Haaland a 19 year old having a price tag of 100 million Euros, Lautaro Martinez 111 million Euros, Mbappe has no price tag and could go for 250 - 300 million pounds easy.
The players today won't even break the first eleven of most top teams back then, AcMilan, Juve, Inter, Barca, Real Madrid etc are clubs that Jordan Henderson can't even be a reserve player, yet he captains the current champions league holders and would soon be premiership champions.
can you imagine that Luis Fabiano and Ricardo Kaka were reserve players in 2002.
When in 2000,Etoo couldn't make Madrid first team,loaned to malorca from where he came to Barca.
You are right,football have declined so much.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by ProfAmaben(m): 6:54pm On May 26, 2020
engrchykae:
can you imagine that Luis Fabiano and Ricardo Kaka were reserve players in 2002.
When in 2000,Etoo couldn't make Madrid first team,loaned to malorca from where he came to Barca.
You are right,football have declined so much.
The Sevilla goal scoring machine that always made Real Madrid cry back then, you really understand football to decipher what I wrote. The so-called Van Dijk can't bench Nesta, Maldini, Jaap Stam, Fernando Hierro, Fabio Cannavaro, Marcel Desailly etc... The financial aspect has killed the sport.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by engrchykae(m): 6:55pm On May 26, 2020
espn:
Rubbish...we are talking about great defenders you are saying shit...Can Van Dijk face messi...Rooney...Ronaldo.. ronaldhino...jay jay...in der peak?
what maldini,jaap Stam, Franco baresi couldn't do,you want Virgin to do.
Cr7 will mess him up.
Messi will feed him grass.
Dingho will murder him.
Rooney will still get the better of him.
Animal tevez,that one na kill im go kill Van dijk
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by paulolee(m): 6:57pm On May 26, 2020
amoreobansu:

*Aguero took 255 Premier League fixtures to reach 177 goals(Active). Henry took 258 (Retired)...

*Aubameyang scored 50 in just 52 games for the club, while record goalscorer Thierry Henry doesn’t make the top ten.

*Harry Kane has scored 138 career goals for club in 198 appearances(Active). Drogba scored 100 goals in 226 appearances for Chelsea (Retired).

*Messi was unstoppable vs Man United in the 2 Champions League finals. Manchester United best defence ever failed to stop him...
i love this...nice statistics bt still dnt get ur conclusion...meaning the defense bk den is weaker or the past attackers are not that deadly?? pls try n let me understand lets ague with facts

1 Like

Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by peeddy(m): 6:59pm On May 26, 2020
Exactly my argument with one Liverpool fan like 3 months ago. The quality of attackers is low in premier league now compared to those days where every club has that deadly striker that can harm any team. Though, his argument is that van dijk is the best defender to have played in the premier league and that statement sound like a blasphemy to where the likes of John Terry, Ferdinand and co are
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by paulolee(m): 7:00pm On May 26, 2020
Adjovi:

All of you just keep talking out of hate.....if you know nothing about football just stfu. Van dijk marks the very right way a defender should mark, you don't just jump on tackles, you anticipate and calculate. He's not perfect because no one is. A quick reminder, he won the ball from Messi that led to the 3rd goal for Liverpool against Barca last season, you can Goan watch the replay. At camp nou he was one Vs like 4 Barcelona players Messi was with the ball in Liverpool's penalty box and he won the ball from Messi.... So you all should stop hating on this guy, he's good.
i can neva hate on good things wen i see one..i kno he is good and the best in epl bt i said i have seen better defenders than him and still insist that he is overhyped and would struggle against past more deadly strikers....pls try n stop using foul words(stfu) wen next u mention me...it would help u
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by espn(m): 7:04pm On May 26, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
You ain't feeling fine at all. Do you know how old I am dude ? I'm sure you are not up to my younger sister's age so choose your words carefully
guess you are sick in the head...how old are you guy...imagine the nonsense...tou think am a kid right...The youngest in my family is married with kids....you think you can come here and address people anyhow...why mention me in the first place and use stupid words to pass ur point...
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by engrchykae(m): 7:04pm On May 26, 2020
ProfAmaben:

The Sevilla goal scoring machine that always made Real Madrid cry back then, you really understand football to decipher what I wrote. The so-called Van Dijk can't bench Nesta, Maldini, Jaap Stam, Fernando Hierro, Fabio Cannavaro, Marcel Desailly etc... The financial aspect has killed the sport.
I have lost interest in football,it's all about the money now for football.
You are talking of Van dijk benching Nesta,Maldini or jaap Stam,but I tell you he can't play their reserve because he must have to be better than the Marco matarazzis, Lilian thurams and Eric Abidals in order to make the bench.
British guys are really annoying.
Re: Drogba Lucky Not To Face Him' - Henderson Defends Van Dijk Over Ballack Claim by bkool7(m): 7:06pm On May 26, 2020
GistmeBlog:
Didier Drogba Fires Back, Says Van Dijk Wouldn't Last A Minute With Him, See His Comments HERE

Yea right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Odartey Lamptey Discovers 3 Of His Kids Are Not His / Pictures Of Mcgregor And Mayweather Compared To Titanic / Kenneth Omeruo And Super Falcons Star, Asisat Oshoala Spotted Together In UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.