Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? (54199 Views)

Why Do You Give Money To Your Mom Instead Of Your Dad? / Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" / What's The Craziest Thing Your Mom Ever Caught You Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by sacramento1212: 2:15am On May 29, 2020
megareal:
I would never have married a man like my Dad even if they added 100 mil on top. God forbid.

grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Awaoyelmoni(m): 4:36am On May 29, 2020
O.p those things you mentioned I could swear you were referring to my mum. Like, I've told myself that a choice of wife shouldn't come hard for me because I'll look out for a girl that's a direct opposite of my mum. Gosh the disdain with which she treats us, how can a parent cause so much pain to her children in such an unfeeling , inconsiderate manner? plus the emotional blackmail, almost as though she did us a favor birthing us, and when I see women several years into marriage unable to take in I just throw my hands up in exasperation.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Nobody: 6:03am On May 29, 2020
Grandmeister:

I say the same for my dad, the luckiest man to ever live(RIP dad)...how he snagged a woman like my mum...that's his greatest blessing from God...I will marry a woman half as good and productive like my mum..and if I were a woman..I will marry a man like my dad...he made me realise that honesty, integrity and knowledge superceeds money..a husband and a father without rival.

Awww... It's heartwarming to know you came from a happy home. I pray God blesses you with a happy home as well so your children can say better than this.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Nobody: 6:04am On May 29, 2020
Awaoyelmoni:
O.p those things you mentioned I could swear you were referring to my mum. Like, I've told myself that a choice of wife shouldn't come hard for me because I'll look out for a girl that's a direct opposite of my mum. Gosh the disdain with which she treats us, how can a parent cause so much pain to her children in such an unfeeling , inconsiderate manner? plus the emotional blackmail, almost as though she did us a favor birthing us, and when I see women several years into marriage unable to take in I just throw my hands up in exasperation.

Wow!
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by alexola20(m): 8:35am On May 29, 2020
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by alexola20(m): 8:37am On May 29, 2020
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by phr0nesis(m): 9:50am On May 29, 2020
Pearl543:

Lmao... I am sorry but you are funny.
Lol... No need to apologise
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Pearl543(f): 10:04am On May 29, 2020
phr0nesis:

Lol... No need to apologise

Alright, I pray you get the lady of your dreams.
Have a nice day. wink
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by sugarberry12(f): 10:19am On May 29, 2020
I will marry some1 like my dad over and over again...he is just the best for me

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by phr0nesis(m): 11:37am On May 29, 2020
Pearl543:

Alright, I pray you get the lady of your dreams.
Have a nice day. wink
Amen and Thank you smiley
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by clintdadon(m): 5:12pm On May 29, 2020
Alero3Arubi:
When you age and start handling adult responsibilities, then you understand your parents more.
You begin to appreciate the sacrifices they made, the decisions they took, the lives they lived, the memories they could make for you.
With time you begin to become your parents too.
You make the same choices too.
Then you know what love means.[s][/s]
Sometimes too, you abandon everything they were and create a new path.
But in all your parents choices makes ypu who you eventually become.[s][/s]
Never forget where you came from. NEVER!

I disagree
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by 6ixT8: 6:23pm On May 29, 2020
is it that some of you don't realise that the love your parent shows you is entirely different from the one they shows their partner? that is in most cases.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by saasala(m): 7:00pm On May 29, 2020
DukeNija:

What does this have to do with the topic? Or am I missing something?

Saying that his comment is not related to the topic confirms you brain dead.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Sierusvirus(m): 7:12pm On May 29, 2020
salt1:

Poor child! It appears that you grew up in a dysfunctional home and imagined it was normal.
Please don't get married until you heal.

The message was meant for those who understands, live your life the way it pleases you.

For you to respond tells me more about you.

It obvious you are the only person that grew up in a functional home.

Good luck
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Sierusvirus(m): 7:17pm On May 29, 2020
SavageBoy:

We should thank you for what

In your mind now, you've spoken something sensible abi

I was expecting response like this.

It might not make sense to you, live your life the way it pleases you.

Have a nice day.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by emmaodet: 11:07pm On May 29, 2020
crackland:
More men will definitely want to marry women like their mothers, but very few women will want to marry men like their fathers.

Says a whole lot... grin

It seems there is an innate hatred by a high percentage of ladies towards their dads and men n general.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by emmykey0128(m): 6:50am On May 30, 2020
God will never allow me to marry someone like my mum, she is the definition of anything called bad wife, I stopped talking to her 12 years ago, I m not always happy with whenever I remember all d time I spent with her, RIP 2 my dad, he tried 2 warn us when he was alive bt we are 2 young to understand, my mum cheats, very diabolical, she nags, wicked, a ripper, and she is totally against her children going to school, I can't even say everything on here bt I repeat almighty God will never allow me to marry such a devilish woman
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by KingAzubuike(f): 9:30am On May 30, 2020
Iamikeokwu:
My mom yes, my dad nope
Till today, I'm yet to see a woman as good spirited like my mother, I do compare her with other women,but I've not seen anyone like my mother.
My mum loves us so much, she has patience like no other, takes care of my dad, she will even buy my dad cloths, she will cook good foods for him and us, my mum would serve herself last, my dad first and us, many times my mum won't eat fish because of my dad and us, she would say, if she eat it, what will my dad and US eat tomorrow.
My mum would take care of her in-law (my uncle) when they come visit, my dad that is the owner of visitor would say my uncle should manage one useless soup like that,but promise him he would eat heaven and earth on phone call but would refuse to drop 1kobo, but my mum would go to the market, buy everything for soup, pound pounded yam for him. When my cousins visit, she would do same. When they had accident, my mum took them in for a year and did lots of care. They all love my mum, especially my cousins, they come to our house to do any small holiday.
But if my maternal aunts or relatives should come, my dad would intentionally leave the house and won't drop 1kobo. Before I never knew why my maternal aunt dislike my dad until I grew up, I bet my sister not try that shit with me, I will hate her together with her useless husband.
Conclusion
I will treat your people exactly how you treat my people, treat them like thrashes, in fact, I would travel whenever they said they want to visit or lie that I am sick. Thats one of the thing I hate most about my mother, she no dey do TIT for TAT for people

My mum is extremely intelligent, very good in mathematics, with her friends, shes always wanting them to grow, but due to envy, shes usually hated and later loved so so much by thesame people that once did her wrong. In the street, the teenagers are usually are friend, and they would trust her more than they trust their parents during the adolescent age. My mum is also very forgiving, too merciful and emotional.
Conclusion
I'm no way like her, I forgive but van never forget especially if you intentionally plan and do me bad, I will not hate you nor like you either, and we no go dey greet forever, until we meet in heaven

My mum was loved by her mother in-laws and before she died, she prayed so much for her because my mum really took good care of her She takes completely after her mother, my grandmother, my grandmother was an illiterates but a business woman, she would feed her husband, feed her junior wive and all her children, my grandmother would even take food to give to my paternal grandmother. My grandmother died 15years ago and my mum still cry whenever she remember her mother.

But with all these, I can never and will never be like my mother nor my grandmother in all parts, God did not make women to carry heavy responsibilities
My dad is a good person, but my mother completely spoilt him that he doesn't know his responsibilities, he won't pity her and tell her she should stop using her money for the house, my mum bought the highest thing in the house, my dad used his own money as a philanthropist and he doesn't even know how to manage or price things, he can buy something worth of #5000 for #10,000 outside, but can not give my mother #500. He would give her 2k for soup, my mum would buy something worth 6k, and my dad go still chop the biggest part of it. My mum eats very little food
Conclusion
As for me, i will be the first to serve myself, and even put 3fishes under my rice, cover it with soup, then add another fish on top the rice if its my money that is the highest in the soup

There are so many things I don't like about my dad, but he doesn't maltreat us, just that he doesn't plan for us. If my dad just received salary and you ask him, he will give you anything, but if you don't ask him, you will not collect 1kobo, and in the next two weeks, the money would have finished. Meanwhile, my mother would have planned how she would give you money this month, next month, infact for the year. Whether you ask my mum or not, she has already set aside money for you, you don't have to explain to my mum that you need so and so, she already knows and would plan it for you, but my dad, you will need to explain and re explain. And my dad's salary is almost double that of my mum.
My mums property is much more than my dad

If my mum advice my dad, and his friends or relatives say something else, my dad would agree with those ones, and afterwards he would be ashamed to tell my mum that he changed the plan, and he would later use style to beg my mum and ask for another advice

If my mother had married someone like herself, they would have grown so much together, and we the children would be in extremely high places today. I can be friends with someone like my dad, but not marry someone like him.

Truth be told, my mums IQ is extremely higher than that of my dad, so I understand him, and my dad never stayed with his parents, he was made to live with several people for no reason than to suffer because his parents believe that you need to suffer in life to be successful. Whereas, my grandmother was a disciplinarian, and she gave my mum and my aunt, the best of trainings. And my mum's dad was very good to her while she was growing up, and she used to tell me how her dad loved her while she was a child and growing up until she married my dad that her dad did not approve of.
Conclusion
My mum over suffered with my dad when we were extremely wretched (beyond poor), I can not suffer with anyone in my life, its either you suffer your own suffer alone and I suffer my own suffer alone, but to suffer together, its not possible.
If I were my mum, I would have divorced my dad a long time ago, not because he's poor, but because of his lackadaisical attitudes especially when he told my mum that he doesn't buy children things(new baby's stuffs).
My dad is extremely hardworking and would choose him as a father always, at least his 100% better than many of his mates, but his association with my mother is a parasitic relationship

Okay
You people are really failing to reason well . Mother-child relationship is totally different from. Mother-father. You saw her as a nice and good woman doesn't mean your father saw the same in her. If your father always quarreled with her, there was usually a reason behind it. So you people actually saying you can actually marry someone like your mum are simply looking at it from the angle between u and her.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by KingAzubuike(f): 9:40am On May 30, 2020
angelfallz:

The guy is right though. When you see women that have deep hatred for men, and there are many in this forum, it is because they have a bad relationship with their fathers.
Women that have good relationships with their fathers don't habour that kind of hatred.
I believe as they grow older, they'll understand better. Most women usually tell lies against their husbands to their kids an most of them won't realize the truth until it's too late.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by KingAzubuike(f): 9:52am On May 30, 2020
Fredoallan:

I respect women but to be honest with you, women are same everywer. Both the old and young women are same bro. Some just good in pretending while some can’t.

I grew up in abusive home too. My dad used to beat my mum. But to be honest, my dad was a very gentle man and easy going but my mum always look for his trouble. It’s got to a stage dah my mum start portraying my dad has d bad one to us. Fear women. My dad is hard working. He will go out to work in other for us to eat while my mum was full house wife. Women are just naturally greedy, garrulous and devilish.

I realized all my mistakes late. My dad had gone to rest when I realized all my mistakes. Please don’t follow ur mum’ advise, take care of your dad.

RIP dad. I miss you
When I was young and ignorant , I went through all this and thought it was the truth. Anytime they quarreled, she always told people negative things about him, she even went ahead to lie to people she was the one paying my school fees and she built our house lol.. I was in JSS class when my father told me about what she's been telling people. The man nearly broke down in tears. The woman was a master emotional blackmailer. If you quarreled today, she's so perfect in sugarcoating the whole story and event just to suit her and make people think you were the one at fault. She was so greedy, self centered and cared of herself first before others. To cap it up , she was very lazy . She'll rather call her friend's daughter to sweep the sitting room for her rather than doing it herself. You bring a wife to introduce to her, she will show you hell and give you a Thousands reasons why you must not marry her. Soemeone you barely know lol.. and my dad no too mind, anything you bring home as wife even if na goat, he will accept and advice you. That woman no be mother abeg. Most people won't realize this until it's too late. If you're fighting with your dad, please reconcile with him because your mother is most likely the cause of your bitter relationship with your dad. Tho not all dad's are good but in 70% of the bad dad's out there, it's the mother that have been giving people negative thoughts about them to be honest. As you grow older, you'll begin to see the truth and realize you have been wrong all these while.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by content208: 10:44am On May 30, 2020
Ladycewhy:
and did i tell you I came here or opened this account to look for man or impress anyone? . undecided. You all want gender war on this forum and I fought one war today ,that is my acheivement grin

"You all want gender war".

Where is that coming from? Have you discussed with all the men and women on this forum before you made that general statement?

I hope you know that hasty generalization is a sign of mental dumbness and outright stupidity.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by megareal: 11:16am On May 30, 2020
sacramento1212:

grin cheesy cheesy
Nso ke asak? grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by sacramento1212: 3:11pm On May 30, 2020
megareal:

Nso ke asak? grin

Ado se nsak now grin. Ame nie mfoniso ke afo ame ador ebe, replica ete mfo ke abasi akpe uno grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by viktuur8(m): 5:16pm On May 30, 2020
grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Nobody: 7:13pm On May 30, 2020
Both of Dem
I don't pray too embarassed
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by megareal: 11:09am On May 31, 2020
sacramento1212:

Ado se nsak now grin. Ame nie mfoniso ke afo ame ador ebe, replica ete mfo ke abasi akpe uno grin grin
I for remain laikdat na. Mkpa tie do nte spinster. cheesy
How far. Covid 19 unam die ke ukang udo?
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Generalgoshen: 1:43pm On May 31, 2020
Rozz:
lol easier said ...
a trial will convince
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by content208: 3:51pm On May 31, 2020
Ladycewhy:
and did i tell you I came here or opened this account to look for man or impress anyone? . undecided. You all want gender war on this forum and I fought one war today ,that is my acheivement grin

Imagine. So abusing people's ancestors is an achievement to you? Like the other guy said, you haven't recovered from whatever turned you to what you have become
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by sacramento1212: 6:45am On Jun 01, 2020
megareal:

I for remain laikdat na. Mkpa tie do nte spinster. cheesy
How far. Covid 19 unam die ke ukang udo?

Lol...ukpu doho spinster dumo kied. Ima akpa take control grin. COVID-19 ado political ye mkpo unam akpugho. Yak afid owo ekpeme idem but the NCDC numbers ado political mbok idoho nte COVID-19 ibaha but they've turn it now to avenue of cashing out the illegal way.
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by megareal: 12:09pm On Jun 01, 2020
;
sacramento1212:

Lol...ukpu doho spinster dumo kied. Ima akpa take control grin. COVID-19 ado political ye mkpo unam akpugho. Yak afid owo ekpeme idem but the NCDC numbers ado political mbok idoho nte COVID-19 ibaha but they've turn it now to avenue of cashing out the illegal way.
grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by Ladycewhy(f): 8:11am On Jun 03, 2020
content208:

Imagine. So abusing people's ancestors is an achievement to you? Like the other guy said, you haven't recovered from whatever turned you to what you have become
So what do you have to say about your brothers turning Nigeria into rape headquarters of the world? grin grin grin
Re: Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? by content208: 11:09am On Jun 03, 2020
Ladycewhy:
So what do you have to say about your brothers turning Nigeria into rape headquarters of the world? grin grin grin

And what about your sisters that use their own legs to follow a guy into secluded places, like bedroom without anyone forcing them only to come out to cry rape?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

My Husband Seeks His Father’s Permission Before Intercourse: Wife / Boy, 5, Asks Mom For Haircut To Look Like His Friend, Wins Everybody's Hearts / I'm A Proud Single Mother Of 9-Years-Old Dude; Lady Reveals On Facebook. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.