Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,001 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity - Religion (196) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity (124603 Views)

New Changes For Jehovah's Witness: Women Can Wear Trousers, Men Must Not Wear.. / Study The Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses! / What Does This Mean: Spirit,Water And Blood Bear Witness On Earth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (234) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 31, 2020
rabzy:

What's this KJ you are always talking about, I believe the scriptures not KJ..what is KJ, if you mean King James version, millions of Christians have lived and died before king James commissioned that version and the KJ version was based on other earlier versions. King Henry the 7th also commissioned a Bible like a 100 years before king James, other kings in Germany, Spain etc also commissioned scholars and clergy to translate the Bible into their own language even before the KJV.
So why this fixation on king James version of the Bible.

It's the official version for Trinitarians! smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by rabzy: 9:42am On Aug 31, 2020
Maximus69:

Lol i want him to give his reasons. Then maybe we can discuss the KJV of the Bible at length based on the stated purpose of why the Bible translation was commissioned and scholastic reviews of the Bible version. Because people want us to believe it's the best and authorized version, the Catholic church a thousand years before the KJV declared the Latin Vulgate as the only authorized version of the Bible and if you are caught with any other, you would be burned at the stake. What made wycliff, Tyndale and a host of others defy the church and did their own translations. The KJV was based on these guys work, after the KJV, others also reviewed the version and saw a need to do newer versions.

3 Likes

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 31, 2020
grin
rabzy:

Lol i want him to give his reasons. Then maybe we can discuss the KJV of the Bible at length based on the stated purpose of why the Bible translation was commissioned and scholastic reviews of the Bible version. Because people want us to believe it's the best and authorized version, the Catholic church a thousand years before the KJV declared the Latin Vulgate as the only authorized version of the Bible and if you are caught with any other, you would be burned at the stake. What made wycliff, Tyndale and a host of others defy the church and did their own translations. The KJV was based on these guys work, after the KJV, others also reviewed the version and saw a need to do newer versions.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Janosky: 9:01pm On Aug 31, 2020
Maximus69:

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by brocab: 2:47am On Sep 01, 2020
Maybe they did die-before the KJ's existed-but the KJ's was written so we could understand the scriptures in a more profitable way.
The KJ's is knowing to be the closes to the truth.
Don't forget the Watchtower had printed the KJ's on there press-so if you are saying the KJ's isn't worth valve-then the Watchtower had wasted there time trying to create something that means nothing.
And I suppose it doesn't mean anything to you-because God's Word isn't something you would call your own-instead you would prefer a comic book story-on how the world will establish itself when Michael returns as King.
Well the bible was written for us to learn-without the manuscripts God's name only existed through Word of Mouth-praise the Lord-we had Spirit filled disciples-like Paul who wrote most of the New Testament!
But as centuries past-people have tried to write their own manuscripts-not understanding the Spirit of God-but decided to change history taking the matter into their own hands trying to be God Himself-these have led people further away from any truth about God.
Just like you-believing you don't need any bible manuscripts, just like the Pharisees they spoke of God-but their hearts were further away from God...
rabzy:

What's this KJ you are always talking about, I believe the holy scriptures..what is KJ, if you mean King James version, millions of Christians have lived and died before king James commissioned that version and the KJ version was based on other earlier versions. King Henry the 7th also commissioned a Bible like a 100 years before king James, other kings in Germany, Spain etc also commissioned scholars and clergy to translate the Bible into their own language even before the KJV. So why this fixation on king James version of the Bible.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by rabzy: 4:44pm On Sep 01, 2020
brocab:
Maybe they did die-before the KJ's existed-but the KJ's was written so we could understand the scriptures in a more profitable way.
The KJ's is knowing to be the closes to the truth.
Don't forget the Watchtower had printed the KJ's on there press-so if you are saying the KJ's isn't worth valve-then the Watchtower had wasted there time trying to create something that means nothing.
And I suppose it doesn't mean anything to you-because God's Word isn't something you would call your own-instead you would prefer a comic book story-on how the world will establish itself when Michael returns as King.
Well the bible was written for us to learn-without the manuscripts God's name only existed through Word of Mouth-praise the Lord-we had Spirit filled disciples-like Paul who wrote most of the New Testament!
But as centuries past-people have tried to write their own manuscripts-not understanding the Spirit of God-but decided to change history taking the matter into their own hands trying to be God Himself-these have led people further away from any truth about God.
Just like you-believing you don't need any bible manuscripts, just like the Pharisees they spoke of God-but their hearts were further away from God...

Can you come up with proof of your statement that the KJV is closest to the truth? Don't just make statements and expect people to believe

What are you even talking about, when did you and I discuss bible manuscripts, please can you highlight where I said I don't need Bible manuscripts.

I can tell you that before the advent of internet I had up to 5 different Bible versions I use. When I go out preaching I often go with two then, but internet has given access to more versions, so am absolutely lost on what you are saying

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
rabzy:

Can you come up with proof of your statement that the KJV is closest to the truth? Don't just make statements and expect people to believe

What are you even talking about, when did you and I discuss bible manuscripts, please can you highlight where I said I don't need Bible manuscripts.

I can tell you that before the advent of internet I had up to 5 different Bible versions I use. When I go out preaching I often go with two then, but internet has given access to more versions, so am absolutely lost on what you are saying

He has practically nothing as in NOTHING to say! cheesy

All what is in his head are those fabulous stories that his Pastors infused there so seeing you not acknowledging the fabrications of his Pastors, he's pained to the marrow. So he's battling bitterly to condemn you and your JW teachings but it's just a pity he has no point!

FRUSTRATION comes when you're battling to establish what is not true or when you're fighting profusely to refute what is obvious! smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Eagban(m): 5:36pm On Sep 01, 2020
Im not a JW but this Trinity stuff is somehow.You can never win an argument on Trinity with a JW,they seems to have alot to back up their argument.
Just ask the Jehovah's witnesses why Jesus claim to be Son of God a subject of contention by the Jewish leaders.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by rabzy: 5:48pm On Sep 01, 2020
Eagban:
Just ask the Jehovah's witnesses why Jesus claim to be Son of God a subject of contention by the Jewish leaders.

The Jews were expecting Christ, the son of God as prophesied by Isaiah, someone who will fulfill all the prophesies of the Messiah right away, in fact close to Jesus death on the month of olives his apostles asked him if it was time for him to restore the kingdom of Israel. They all wanted liberation from the yoke of Rome and they thought the Messiah will do it.

Jesus did no such thing and kept calling himself a son of God and older and greater than Abraham, that was totally infuriating for them that they would rather have a murderer Barabbas freed than Jesus the 'fake' Messiah.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 01, 2020
Eagban:

@ bolded is simple!

The Jewish community wants a Messiah that will lead them in a campaign against Rome (their colonial masters) so for Jesus to claim he is the Son of God (Messiah) he was preaching PEACE between them and their enemies and not willing to use his God's given power to rebel against Rome makes them restless!
So they hated him with passion! smiley

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Eagban(m): 6:02pm On Sep 01, 2020
rabzy:

You can please shed some light on the subject matter
You can read the story for your self in the Bible.. Mark 2:1-12, John 5:18, John 10:30-36.
No more argument with them.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 01, 2020
Eagban:

You can read the story for your self in the Bible.. Mark 2:1-12, John 5:18, John 10:30-36.

Jesus claims to be the Son of God simply means he is the one and only person who can teach us what to do in order to gain God's approval!
Today there are over 41,000 religions claiming Christians with contradicting teachings and conflicting doctrines all in the name of the same Jesus.
What the Jews hated Jesus for back then is here again!
Which of all these groups is Jesus using to dispense spiritual food to Mankind?
The Jews hated him for his claim of monopoly of knowledge, they felt he should approve other religious teachers but Jesus said "i am the way the truth and the life, NO ONE comes to the father except through me" John 14:6
Jehovah's Witnesses are saying "if there is just one Jesus, then there must be just one group of Christians NOT different denominations" smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by rabzy: 6:14pm On Sep 01, 2020
Eagban:

If we interprete these scriptures with like minds we would be on the same page. All Jesus said was that he was God's son and they hated him for it for he was just a carpenters son. He said he has the power to forgive sins and they said only God can forgive sins. They were not wrong only God can forgive sin, but fail to realize that Jesus was acting as God's representative and had been given the authority to do same. This is what the close disciples of Jesus came to realize that the Jews as a nation didn't know or want to accept.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Eagban(m): 7:07pm On Sep 01, 2020
Maximus69:

@ bolded is simple!

The Jewish community wants a Messiah that will lead them in a campaign against Rome (their colonial masters) so for Jesus to claim he is the Son of God (Messiah) he was preaching PEACE between them and their enemies and not willing to use his God's given power to rebel against Rome makes them restless!
So they hated him with passion! smiley
So did the Jewish leaders lied on Him(Jesus) about his claim of being the Son of God?
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Eagban(m): 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
rabzy:

If we interprete these scriptures with like minds we would be on the same page. All Jesus said was that he was God's son and they hated him for it for he was just a carpenters son. He said he has the power to forgive sins and they said only God can forgive sins. They were not wrong only God can forgive sin, but fail to realize that Jesus was acting as God's representative and had been given the authority to do same. This is what the close disciples of Jesus came to realize that the Jews as a nation didn't know or want to accept.
The issue of debate was his identity and nothing else!
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by rabzy: 7:10pm On Sep 01, 2020
Eagban:
So did the Jewish leaders lied on Him(Jesus) about his claim of being the Son of God?

He said he is the son of God and they consider it blasphemous, they believe he was equating himself with God by saying he is the son of God and that he can forgive sins

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by rabzy: 7:25pm On Sep 01, 2020
Eagban:
The issue of debate was his identity and nothing else!

The Jews picked many bones with Jesus, anything they could use against him. His identity was a major one.

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by brocab: 10:34pm On Sep 01, 2020
Then if this is the truth you had five different bibles-staring at you-then why do you continual to preach unscriptual Watchtower rubbish to the world? obviously you didn't learn anything from those bibles.
Plus which of the bibles sounds the same as the NWT Bible you were comparing other bibles with while studying? "None"
You are not only lying to me, you are lying to yourself and everybody that reads this page-I myself have studied the NWT bible-and it's twisted knowledge-not even the JW's believe in it, but use the KJ's as their tool to try and deliver their message.
You must be number one JW that disagrees with the KJ's..
Everytime a JW comes to my door they are holding a KJ's bible-I think it's quite strange when really none of you believe it's God's Word-so obviously it's deceiving' not only to the public-but it's a lie from the beginning.."Deceived and being deceived...
rabzy:

I can tell you that before the advent of internet I had up to 5 different Bible versions I use. When I go out preaching I often go with two then, but
internet has given access to more versions, so am absolutely lost on what you are saying
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by brocab: 11:33pm On Sep 01, 2020
Not only did Jesus say He is the Son-Jesus also said He and the Father are One-and if Jesus can forgive sin's and God too-then this proves these are of One mind soul and body at the same time-and still His being mocked by you.
{John 14:8-9} "Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.”
Jesus replied, “Philip, I have been with you all this time, and still you do not know Me? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?…
All authority was given to Jesus-no-one has seen the Father without knowing His Son. Of course you are trying to slip through the back door-trying to reach the Father without Jesus! "Typical..
rabzy:

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Eagban(m): 12:31am On Sep 02, 2020
The Jewish law concerning the offense and punishment of the crime of blasphemy was given by God. The law is clear, being confirmed and elucidated by precedent. No competent lawyer could dispute the many violations of this same law on the part of Jesus, climaxed by the “blasphemous” declaration under oath in the presence of the Sanhedrin that he was indeed “the Christ, the Son of the Living God.” To this he added the assertion that thereafter men would see him “sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven (Matthew 26:64).”

It is impossible to imagine such words on the lips of Caesar, or Paul or whoever is the greatest man who ever lived.

The “Christ, the Son of the living God,” about whom the high priest inquired, was to be a DIVINE BEING—he “whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting (Micah 5:2),” who would be “Wonderful, Counsellor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6).” This Jesus, the Son of Mary, who was the wife of the carpenter of Nazareth, after being adjured “by the Living God” to tell the truth (Matthew 26:63), averred he was this very being.

Among criminal trials this one is unique. For not the actions but the IDENTITY of the accused is the issue of debate. The criminal charge laid against Christ, the testimony or, rather, the act in the presence of the court, on which he was convicted was BLASPHEMY (claiming equality with God).
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 02, 2020
Eagban:
The Jewish law concerning the offense and punishment of the crime of blasphemy was given by God. The law is clear, being confirmed and elucidated by precedent. No competent lawyer could dispute the many violations of this same law on the part of Jesus, climaxed by the “blasphemous” declaration under oath in the presence of the Sanhedrin that he was indeed “the Christ, the Son of the Living God.” To this he added the assertion that thereafter men would see him “sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven (Matthew 26:64).”

It is impossible to imagine such words on the lips of Caesar, or Paul or whoever is the greatest man who ever lived.

The “Christ, the Son of the living God,” about whom the high priest inquired, was to be a DIVINE BEING—he “whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting (Micah 5:2),” who would be “Wonderful, Counsellor, the Mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace (Isaiah 9:6).” This Jesus, the Son of Mary, who was the wife of the carpenter of Nazareth, after being adjured “by the Living God” to tell the truth (Matthew 26:63), averred he was this very being.

Among criminal trials this one is unique. For not the actions but the IDENTITY of the accused is the issue of debate. The criminal charge laid against Christ, the testimony or, rather, the act in the presence of the court, on which he was convicted was BLASPHEMY (claiming equality with God).

Your TRINITY mindset or PERSONAL opinion will never change the fact that Jesus never referred to himself as GOD but as the Son of GOD! smiley

So instead of worrying yourself over scriptures that you can't understand just concentrate on the words Jesus spoke regarding himself and his father. He is the way the truth and the life, so focus on how to develop a firm belief on what he said not on TRINITY or the definition of TRINITARIANS.

Micah 5:2 said the Messiah has been existing from long time ago meaning his existence is before the time Adam (the father of all humans) was created. God created all his angels before the earth so their origin is from ancient times! smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Eagban(m): 9:41am On Sep 02, 2020
Maximus69:

Your TRINITY mindset or PERSONAL opinion will never change the fact that Jesus never referred to himself as GOD but as the Son of GOD! smiley

So instead of worrying yourself over scriptures that you can't understand just concentrate on the words Jesus spoke regarding himself and his father. He is the way the truth and the life, so focus on how to develop a firm belief on what he said not on TRINITY or the definition of TRINITARIANS.

Micah 5:2 said the Messiah has been existing from long time ago meaning his existence is before the time Adam (the father of all humans) was created. God created all his angels before the earth so their origin is from ancient times! smiley

The ancient times the Bible is talking about simply means eternity. Some translation used "distant past," "ancient times," " ancient days," "long long ago" and thy all means the same thing - eternity.

But thou, Beth–lehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
Micah 5:2 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/mic.5.2.KJV

Bethlehem Ephrathah, you are small among the clans of Judah; One will come from you to be ruler over Israel for Me. His origin is from antiquity, from eternity.
Micah 5:2 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/mic.5.2.HCSB

But thou, Beth-lehem Ephrathah, which art little to be among the thousands of Judah, out of thee shall one come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting.
Micah 5:2 ASV
https://bible.com/bible/12/mic.5.2.ASV

But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Too little to be among the clans of Judah, From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity.”
Micah 5:2 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/mic.5.2.NASB

And thou, Beth-Lehem Ephratah, Little to be among the chiefs of Judah! From thee to Me he cometh forth — to be ruler in Israel, And his comings forth [are] of old, From the days of antiquity.
Micah 5:2 YLT98
https://bible.com/bible/821/mic.5.2.YLT98

Micah 5:2
[2]But you, Bethlehem Ephratah, you are little to be among the clans of Judah; [yet] out of you shall One come forth for Me Who is to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth have been from of old, from ancient days (eternity). AMP

And you must learn to understand that only a Being whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting, can be called an everlasting Father (Isaiah 9:6).

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 02, 2020
Eagban:

The ancient times the Bible is talking about simply means eternity. Some translation used "distant past," "ancient times," " ancient days," "long long ago" and thy all means the same thing - eternity.

But thou, Beth–lehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
Micah 5:2 KJV
https://bible.com/bible/1/mic.5.2.KJV

Bethlehem Ephrathah, you are small among the clans of Judah; One will come from you to be ruler over Israel for Me. His origin is from antiquity, from eternity.
Micah 5:2 HCSB
https://bible.com/bible/72/mic.5.2.HCSB

But thou, Beth-lehem Ephrathah, which art little to be among the thousands of Judah, out of thee shall one come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth are from of old, from everlasting.
Micah 5:2 ASV
https://bible.com/bible/12/mic.5.2.ASV

But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Too little to be among the clans of Judah, From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity.”
Micah 5:2 NASB
https://bible.com/bible/100/mic.5.2.NASB

And thou, Beth-Lehem Ephratah, Little to be among the chiefs of Judah! From thee to Me he cometh forth — to be ruler in Israel, And his comings forth [are] of old, From the days of antiquity.
Micah 5:2 YLT98
https://bible.com/bible/821/mic.5.2.YLT98

Micah 5:2
[2]But you, Bethlehem Ephratah, you are little to be among the clans of Judah; [yet] out of you shall One come forth for Me Who is to be Ruler in Israel, Whose goings forth have been from of old, from ancient days (eternity). AMP

It's OK, you can now go and preach what you know about Jesus in your neighbourhood, make disciples and continue teaching them all that Jesus commanded {Matthew 28:19-20} whether he was from everlasting or from when God began creating everything, all what matters is for people to live their lives in harmony with Jesus' teachings {John 7:16} it's only by doing so can anyone have everlasting life! John 3:16-18 smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by rabzy: 4:06pm On Sep 02, 2020
brocab:
Not only did Jesus say He is the Son-Jesus also said He and the Father are One-and if Jesus can forgive sin's and God too-then this proves these are of One mind soul and body at the same time-and still His being mocked by you.
{John 14:8-9} "Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.”
Jesus replied, “Philip, I have been with you all this time, and still you do not know Me? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?…
All authority was given to Jesus-no-one has seen the Father without knowing His Son. Of course you are trying to slip through the back door-trying to reach the Father without Jesus! "Typical..

It proves nothing, if a king has the power to pardon a criminal and he gives his son the same power of pardoning, it does mean they are one and the same. They are of the same mind, because Jesus said he does not do any of his own except what he sees the father doing, one mind, same goal, same purpose but never same person or body.

Philip wanted to see the father the same way he is seeing Jesus, but Jesus told him seeing me is as good as seeing the father...what do you need to see the father for, when the son is here to represent him fully. Jesus and his father and his loyal disciples are one, he said just as I am one with the father, you too are one with us.

On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you...John 14:20. Explain that verse. The context in which Jesus is talking is plain for all to see in that chapter

You keep saying things we never said or preach. Jesus said am the way to the father, we JWs believe you can't get to the father except passing thru Jesus. Pls bring out one publication from us where we teach that you don't need Jesus to get to the father.

If you can't I won't bother with any further discussion

You are the one saying once we are on the way (Jesus), we don't need to get to the destination (father). Jesus want you to go thru him to the father, not to get to him and claim you have reached the destination. You need to get to the father thru Jesus, don't remain on the road, Jesus want you to get to the father.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by rabzy: 4:09pm On Sep 02, 2020
Maximus69:

It's OK, you can now go and preach what you know about Jesus in your neighbourhood, make disciples and continue teaching them all that Jesus commanded {Matthew 28:19-20} whether he was from everlasting or from when God began creating everything, all what matters is for people to live their lives in harmony with Jesus' teachings {John 7:16} it's only by doing so can anyone have everlasting life! John 3:16-18 smiley

Great advice
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Janosky: 4:57pm On Sep 02, 2020
brocab:
*1) All authority was given to Jesus- **2 no-one has seen the Father without knowing His Son. Of course you are trying to slip through the back door-trying to reach the Father without Jesus! "Typical..

You just dey DECEIVE your gullible self grin grin.

*1 All authority was given to Jesus is God.
This WAYO man say Jesus received authority from himself.

*2. "Trying to reach the Father without Jesus" , when you done misquote John 14:8-9. If to say SENSE dey Brocab brain

grin grin grin grin
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by brocab: 12:25am On Sep 03, 2020
Everytime you write something-you put the words out of context-"why can't Jesus receive His own authority-He made His own Choices just like we make choices everyday...
You just don't get it into your head-because I have taking authority into account by choice to write down the scriptures for you.
I have taking on the authority to stand on the Word of God-God gave me this authority-the time God called me into His kingdom, and I take His authority and use His Word to overcome those like you-who are trying to crush everything God promised He will do for His people.
And if you were to read the scriptures, it tells us No-one has seen God at any time, so how does one see Jehovah-if he doesn't see Jesus first.
God is Spirit-He is Love-but yet God the Father was working through Jesus, 'in Jesus, when Jesus came into the world in Spirit and in truth to save His people.
Janosky:

You just dey DECEIVE your gullible self grin grin.

*1 All authority was given to Jesus is God.
This WAYO man say Jesus received authority from himself.

*2. "Trying to reach the Father without Jesus" , when you done misquote John 14:8-9. If to say SENSE dey Brocab brain

grin grin grin grin

Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by brocab: 12:48am On Sep 03, 2020
Of course the truth is not for you-you are not a believer..
{Matthew 15:7-9} You hypocrites! Isaiah prophesied correctly about you: ‘These people honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me. They worship Me in vain; they teach as doctrine the precepts of men.’”…
{Isiah 29:13} The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.
You claim to know Jesus-but your hearts are far from Him-your main menu is focus on Jehovah "only, calling people into your synagogue" with the tongue you praise Jehovah and with it, you curse others that don't believe in Watchtower teaching.
rabzy:

It proves nothing, if a king has the power to pardon a criminal and he gives his son the same power of pardoning, it does mean they are one and the same. They are of the same mind, because Jesus said he does not do any of his own except what he sees the father doing, one mind, same goal, same purpose but never same person or body.

Philip wanted to see the father the same way he is seeing Jesus, but Jesus told him seeing me is as good as seeing the father...what do you need to see the father for, when the son is here to represent him fully. Jesus and his father and his loyal disciples are one, he said just as I am one with the father, you too are one with us.

On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you...John 14:20. Explain that verse. The context in which Jesus is talking is plain for all to see in that chapter

You keep saying things we never said or preach. Jesus said am the way to the father, we JWs believe you can't get to the father except passing thru Jesus. Pls bring out one publication from us where we teach that you don't need Jesus to get to the father.

If you can't I won't bother with any further discussion

You are the one saying once we are on the way (Jesus), we don't need to get to the destination (father). Jesus want you to go thru him to the father, not to get to him and claim you have reached the destination. You need to get to the father thru Jesus, don't remain on the road, Jesus want you to get to the father.
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 03, 2020
brocab:
{Matthew 15:7-9} You hypocrites! Isaiah prophesied correctly about you: ‘These people honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me. They worship Me in vain; they teach as doctrine the precepts of men.’”…
{Isiah 29:13} The Lord says: "These people come near to me with their mouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught.
You claim to know Jesus-but your hearts are far from Him-your main menu is focus on Jehovah "only, calling people into your synagogue" with the tongue you praise Jehovah and with it, you curse others that don't believe in Watchtower teaching.

@rabzy

Note the highlighted!

All what they want is for Jehovah's Witnesses to approve their form of worship, the Bible quotes doesn't really matter to them, they're just quoting out of envy so that observers won't say they can't quote God's word.
So they're always quoting out of context, all they're agitating upon is for JWs to agree with them that we are worshiping the same God with them so as long as you continue making similar assertion like the man who said

"I'm the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the (my) father (and God) except through me" John 14:6

They're restless and looking for ways to accuse you! John 10:20 compare to Matthew 10:25 smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Eagban(m): 9:50pm On Sep 03, 2020
Be careful not to allow anyone to captivate you through an empty, deceitful philosophy that is according to human traditions and the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. For in him all the fullness of deity lives in bodily form,
Colossians 2:8‭-‬9 NET
https://bible.com/bible/107/col.2.8-9.NET
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 03, 2020
Eagban:
Be careful not to allow anyone to captivate you through an empty, deceitful philosophy that is according to human traditions and the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. For in him all the fullness of deity lives in bodily form,
Colossians 2:8‭-‬9 NET
https://bible.com/bible/107/col.2.8-9.NET

The highlighted!

Empty, deceitful philosophy! wink
Re: I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity by rabzy: 10:49pm On Sep 03, 2020
brocab:

All those scriptures you are quoting does not shed any light on the subject matter, so they just deflections...it does not apply to the subject matter nor does it apply to me as a person or JW as a group.

As of this material time this is what i want from you

Show us proof that KJV is the best version of the Bible
As claimed by you..JWs teach that you dont need Jesus to get to the father, show us any of our publications in the past 130 years that says that.
These are not even doctrinal issues, these are just your words..defend it oga.
Anything other than this...then have a good day Sir....and stop spreading lies...

(1) (2) (3) ... (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) ... (234) (Reply)

Popular Nigerian Pastors Who Were Born Muslims (Photos) / Pastor John Hagee - Cornerstone Church Ministry, Heresy, Divorce & Dirty Deeds / Download & Listen to Inspirational Sermons By Bishop T D Jakes!!!! mp3 format

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.