Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe (33207 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Sworn In For Second Term As AfDB President / Akinwunmi Adesina Re-Elected As AFDB President / Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by krisdzhon: 6:54pm On May 27, 2020
GeneralPula:
Evil white people never wanted anything African bank..

Gaddafi became their enemy the moment he mentioned....Instead of Africa going to world bank to borrow money, why don’t we have our Africa bank? They conspired to kill the man..

Now they’re seeing Adesina has another bone in the neck, they wanna have him removed so as to appoint a stooge that will dance to all their tunes..

Africa will be get saved someday but what will save us is just soooo unknown!

Well said! It is a clear conspiracy against the rise of Africa as a Continent. You can imagine the allegation: "U.S. criticism of the bank’s internal processes follows comments by World Bank President David Malpass in February that multilateral lenders including the AfDB tend to provide loans too quickly, and, in the process, add to African nations’ debt problems"!

This is all part of the Plan to unleash financial crisis in Africa by distorting the well-planned credit line Adesina led AfDB has already structured to salvage the situation faced by African Countries as a result of the Scamdemic Plandemic (COVID-19) orchestrated by Bill Gates et al. supported by Creatures such as World Bank, IMF, WHO, UN, etc.

The above mentioned Neo-colonial Creatures can never be trusted. They were created after the World War II to subvert the Financial, Economical, and Political sovereignty of Nations! These same Creatures were behind the execution of Muammar Mohammed Abu Minyar Gaddafi for conceiving the thought of creating a United States of Africa with her own Gold-backed Currency. This singular thought became a threat to the Western Powers who felt the idea will render them irrelevant in Africa's affairs and would bring about the liberalization of Africa as a Continent from the clutches of the Colonialists!

It is high time for Africa to WAKE UP and resist these tyrannical plots! Africa does not need any of these Creatures to survive. They are nothing short of a nightmare to Africa as a whole!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z5VYqJqrtI

3 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by PopeFlatino(m): 7:00pm On May 27, 2020
Who can lend me #2000 to pay #3000 by Tuesday next week please, please my brothers if I don't pay as promised let nothing good come my way.

Please #2k to pay 3k
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Darkking654: 7:01pm On May 27, 2020
see below
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by nasirope: 7:37pm On May 27, 2020
Stepping aside to allow independent investigation is the right thing to do.
However because politics is involved, stepping aside may mean permanent exit.

He has nothing to fear if he's innocent though.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by ddjay: 7:38pm On May 27, 2020
Well, appointing relatives and associates is a Nigerian thing. This doesn't work in on the international scene, he can only try this in nigeria and go free.

2 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Gandollar(f): 7:54pm On May 27, 2020
SaintNegro77:
Nigeria will be great again.
Sorry at what point was it ever great?
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by otokx(m): 8:03pm On May 27, 2020
Its the proper thing for him to do.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Nobody: 8:07pm On May 27, 2020
Adesina went to AfDB and operated with the Nigerian mentality of nepotism and favouritism which has now landed him in trouble.

I keep saying it, Nigeria's main problem is ethics. That's why religion can't help us and most of our pastors, imams and babalawos are rogues and con artists. The educational curriculum has to incorporate the teaching of ethical behaviour from jss1, or even from primary 4 or something
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by olumide4christ: 8:15pm On May 27, 2020
AhoadaRivers:
What this case tells us is that if Buhari, osinbajo or Tinubu are given international appointments they can't survive 1 week on that appoimtment. Because they all both nepotism walking on two legs.
They fill every position with their family members, friends and concubines.

Nigerians have taken it as a norm, that's why they are crying foul about this American intervention to call them to order on the international stage. Unfortunately, hopefully they can learn a thing or two from Adesina's impending downfall that nepotism is ethically and morally criminal.

Americans didn't build their country on nepotism but on meritocracy. If they did, you won't be fasting and praying to get their visas.

Unfortunately Nigerians are too thickheaded, they'll never learn from this. They'll repeat the cycle and still get burnt in future. I'm confident about that..

Well said sir...you couldn't have described Nigerians and this situation better.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 27, 2020
ndi ofe mmanu them no dy dissapoint
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by romeorailss: 8:37pm On May 27, 2020
shocked cool

I dont understand how America and European countries are members of AFDB. IS IT NOT SUPPOSED to be for Africans alone?

Chai ... Africa don suffer o
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by chyket(m): 8:38pm On May 27, 2020
I am so heartbroken!!!I have always considered this Man as one of the shinning lights of Africa.I seriously pray he pulls through this.

2 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by SaintNegro77: 8:49pm On May 27, 2020
It's a hope
Gandollar:
Sorry at what point was it ever great?
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Avidcolz: 9:00pm On May 27, 2020
oluwaahmed:

I don't understand your point. America is the second largest shareholder in AFDB after Nigeria so they have every right yo demand for an external probe(audit) which even local Nigerian financial institutions do.
Unidentified whistleblowers accused Adesina, 60, of handing contracts to acquaintances and appointing relatives to strategic positions.
This up there is corruption and like GEJ said stealing alone is not corruption. Favoritism, tribalism & nepotism is corruption. Just because its the norm here doesn't mean its acceptable. BTW what will america stand go gain from this? Is afdb not meant to finance projects in Africa? Abi will afdb finance a developmental project in USA? Don't you know when someone of his calibre engages in this corrupt act, then funds given out on padi padi basis will most likely be underutilized leading to the stealing part of corruption? The man thinks AFDB is his local Nigerian govt parastatal where he can employ all his relations at the expense of merit. Pls get his tribal ass out of there that's how they ruined Nigeria.

I can't agree less. We are so sentimental, the west is actually setting the track well for us but we are too deep into corrupt tendencies that we don't know what it means again. See, US has the strongest internal control system in the world, we should learn from them and not see everything as a witch hot. Mind you, I am a fan to Adesina but if he is found wanting he should go in for it.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Bar1941(m): 9:05pm On May 27, 2020
Untainted007:
Fraud is inbuilt into the bloodstream of Africans. They won't stop tagging this country wit bad names. I pray he comes out clean atleast to change the perception of every bad eyes on Nigerians and if he doesn't, it means a step forward and two steps backward to our country.

The corruption under Trump's watch is unprecedented in the history of America yet the føol has the gut to call for Adeshina's second trial simply because of the envisaged AFDB's relationship with China under his watch. Africa needs to wake up.

1 Like

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by frog12: 9:38pm On May 27, 2020
dont be foolish. this is the trap they've set. they want to destroy his image to prevent him from running for re-election. dont fall for it. act as if nothing as happen'

chyket:
I am so heartbroken!!!I have always considered this Man as one of the shinning lights of Africa.I seriously pray he pulls through this.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by bigtt76(f): 9:38pm On May 27, 2020
He should just save his name and resign.... He'll be found not guilty at the end but the powers that be have made known their intentions which is to have anyone other than him as the president of the bank and unfortunately, he can't win against them with the seeds of discord sown.

ijustdey:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/05/27/just-in-adesina-steps-aside-as-afdb-president-for-fresh-probe/
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Olominira(m): 9:44pm On May 27, 2020
Bar1941:

The corruption under Trump's watch is unprecedented in the history of America yet the føol has the gut to call for Adeshina's second trial simply because of the envisaged AFDB's relationship with China under his watch. Africa needs to wake up.
Ask them if they've ever lived in a white man country before.....too many idiots blaming Adesina. France has more staff than Nigeria despite having insignificant amount there yet these fools defending them didn't see that but someone is correcting the error they're blaming him.

1 Like

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by JaruJaru890: 9:46pm On May 27, 2020
DexterousOne:

First
I'm igbo and not Yoruba

And second
You are very stupid
first u are yoruba and not igbo.
And 2nd your dead fraudulent papa and his coward fraudulent papa are all bunch of very stupid idiotiotic bastards.
if not that they died hopeless deaths are rotten 2 feet below the surface of the earth, they would have been tied to the stakes and shot to death
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Focusmind: 9:57pm On May 27, 2020
I don't know why this is happening to this man. He is my kind of guy. Thorough bred professional

But those allegations are weighty o. I no go lie

If found guilty, he should face the law. No sentiments please

Nigerians should learn how to uphold ethics and integrity in the organization they find themselves.

That was how some Nigerians students executive embezzled money during my student's days in UK and kept denying it even when the evidence was so overwhelming.

After the investigation, the massive fraud was uncovered and I had no sympathy for them at all

We should learn how to live above board.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by DexterousOne(m): 10:28pm On May 27, 2020
JaruJaru890:
first u are yoruba and not igbo.
And 2nd your dead fraudulent papa and his coward fraudulent papa are all bunch of very stupid idiotiotic bastards.
if not that they died hopeless deaths are rotten 2 feet below the surface of the earth, they would have been tied to the stakes and shot to death

Why will you assume i am Yoruba when I have clearly stated I am not

You must be a really frustrated soul
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:30pm On May 27, 2020
foleskay:
Corruption is inbuilt in African's DNA
corruption?LOL
are you sure you read the article?
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Tinyemeka(m): 11:06pm On May 27, 2020
Wait! Wait!

Is it the same U.S where the Commander-in-Chief appointed his OWN daughter and son-in-law as White House advisers?

Kettle calling pot black.

Myopic Nigerians should understand that the US government is one of the most conniving and self-serving institution that ever crawled the surface of the earth.

Forget all these rants about carrying out an independent investigation. They are only keen at installing their stooge at the helm and would go at any length, dig up whatever dirt, cast all the mud to achieve that objective.

P.S. The AfDB should have an Internal Control department that should be saddled with the responsibility of handling staff infractions, likewise the Board being the topmost level that should "check and balance" activities of the Executive.

P.P.S. See the way the report is just bandying USD salaries in 6 digit figures bikonu! Oh AfDB! Where have you been all my life?!

1 Like

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Tinyemeka(m): 11:08pm On May 27, 2020
Focusmind:

We should learn how to leave above board.

Leave ke?

Leave go where?
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by beejay85: 11:20pm On May 27, 2020
cmecproblem:
They finally got dirt on him...sad.
dirt? my friend dont be too quick to believe that...
Dr Adesina must have thwarted the American's long enjoyed business interests in the bank..
Think...its a case of giving a dog a bad name in order to hang it!
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by JAMO84: 11:22pm On May 27, 2020
Whatever you do, don't allow Wailers to support you, otherwise, you're doomed for life. Look at Obaseki, he now looks like Enugu masquerade after Wailers hail him to destruction!!!

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by foleskay(m): 11:24pm On May 27, 2020
gowonmaharajah:

corruption?LOL
are you sure you read the article?
Is the probe not related in parts to corruption??
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Feraz(m): 11:39pm On May 27, 2020
Ijaya123:
I suspect western conspiracy on this against one of Africa's finest. Those guys are after nothing but their own interest but sadly, Africa is yet to up their game.

Once he steps down, I don't see him coming back there again. QUITE UNFORTUNATE.
I'm thinking it has more to do with France's choice of whom they want as candidate seeing as they have decided not to Hamdan off their colonies.

Of course, he's likely going in unopposed but when his tenure is scrutinized and there's something unclear, he is tainted and a candidate prolly backed by France will emerge.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by UKBobo(m): 12:22am On May 28, 2020
Last time a Nigerian will touch that post till 3094.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by JaruJaru890: 1:10am On May 28, 2020
DexterousOne:

Why will you assume i am Yoruba when I have clearly stated I am not

You must be a really frustrated soul
thunder fire ur yoruba dead coward, fraudulent grandpapa and fire your your dead coward papa, you mile 2 pick pocket bastard.
U stated clearly to your dead father that you dont want to be yoruba.
Look at this hopeless known yoruba bastard saying he stated clearly. State your claririty on your dead father's grave
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Arewa1408: 1:23am On May 28, 2020
chibu4u2:

Lol

Which dirty CV?.......he should be probed and if found guilty made to face the law.

Nonsense post. What if he's guilty nko?

BTW which one be is and was, u high?

Hmm, sounds like a pull him down to me.Why do you hate him so much? Does it have to do with his name "Adeshina"..... You sound like a house slave.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by hermesprogidy(m): 2:01am On May 28, 2020
Steve Mnuchin of all people saying he has deep reservations about Adeshina's exoneration. Kettle calling pot black. Let him release Trump's tax returns and he will be taken seriously. America is the granddaddy of corruption.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NDDC: Akpabio Names Orji Kalu, Uduaghan, James Ibori In Contract Scandal / Tein T.S Jack Rich Visits Jonathan, Commiserates With Him Over Aide's Death / I am only staying in London because of my Doctors - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.