Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe (33200 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Sworn In For Second Term As AfDB President / Akinwunmi Adesina Re-Elected As AFDB President / Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by JAWBONE(m): 5:07pm On May 27, 2020
Make AMERICA FREE this man abeg. When dem don see person wey dey shine light for Africa, dem go want find way off am.

Adesina has done well, We in Africa are wise enough to handle our own affairs. If he has done wrong, let the AU lead any investigations
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by cmecproblem(m): 5:08pm On May 27, 2020
They finally got dirt on him...sad.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Mercycity: 5:12pm On May 27, 2020
Which country is likely to be behind this man's travails?Nigeria,Nigerians,we hurt ourselves badly;they prefer another nationality occupy the post,Someone they can't have access to and they will be singing his praises

1 Like

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Crochet: 5:13pm On May 27, 2020
Not true.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by gabicon: 5:17pm On May 27, 2020
The allegations have all shades of politics written all over it. It's interesting how the treasury secretary of US who is meant to be one of the busiest people in America today as a result of the Corona virus, suddenly has time for Africa. They say AFDB under adeshina is giving too much Loans to African countries, is he meant to give a few, especially as a result of the development deficit? The question we should be asking is what do these people want, in Africa we play money politics the west play interest politics.

2 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by tony5(m): 5:18pm On May 27, 2020
I Still Support Adesina, I'll Never Deny Him Because Of All This Unproven Allegations. If Buhari Is Wise, He Can Manage To Help Him At All Cost Because He Will Definitely Be Of Help One Day In That Capacity. Don't Let The Western World Fool You, They Always Want To Be In Control And It Should Not Be So. They Have A Way Of Protecting Their Corrupt Citizens, Let's Learn To Do So Too.We Are No Fool.They Are No Gods
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by frog12: 5:19pm On May 27, 2020
you see buhari dey sleep why america dey bully its way into afdb. can you believe this

1 Like

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Mryacks: 5:25pm On May 27, 2020
Is this not the same guy alot of people were busy saying "he looks Presidential", "he should be the one ruling Nigeria"... etc, etc, Everything is just easier said than done. And looks alone is nothing. As a Nigerian I wish him the best and hope he is not guilty of the charges. We see how it goes...
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by JaruJaru890: 5:27pm On May 27, 2020
Untainted007:
Fraud is inbuilt into the bloodstream of Africans. They won't stop tagging this country wit bad names. I pray he comes out clean atleast to change the perception of every bad eyes on Nigerians and if he doesn't, it means a step forward and two steps backward to our country.
mention the tribe pls. Very important
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Weedcrusher: 5:28pm On May 27, 2020
When I read comments on Nairaland about issues like this and see Nigerians castigating their compatriot because Oyinbo man said he has done something wrong is quite discouraging.

I really don't understand what the real situation is, but based on the fact that this man was asked to step aside because of favouritism by America and other European countries shows that this man probably did nothing wrong.

Now let me dissect the whole case. Adesina is accused of favouritism, big deal? Which Oyinbo man doesn't involve in favouritism in support of his people. As a Nigerian living abroad, I, just like many others have witnessed favouritism many times. An average white man will never employ a black man instead of his fellow white man with the same skills set. NEVER!. Did Adesina favor people with Africa interest instead of people with foreigner's interest? If so, then we should hail and support this man instead of bashing him.

You may ask, why is America and European countries so much interested in Africa development bank? Good question. With the present pandemic, America's and Europe's economies have been severely devastated by lockdowns and economic inactivities. Now it is time for them to get money from their piggy bank which is Africa just like the way they did after 2nd world war devastation. Do you ever think America and European countries investment in AfDB is to develop Africa? I laugh in Cantonese. Those investments are for them to have control over AfDB so that they can loot Africa to develop america and europe after economic downturn just like what we are witnessing right now with Covid-19 pandemic.

What do I think will happen? I think they will remove Adesina and put an African puppet that will serve their interests in looting Africa just like they always do.

We Africans are in a very precarious state not only because there are external forces that do not have our interests in mind but also we are very ignorant of our situation.

6 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by JaruJaru890: 5:28pm On May 27, 2020
Mryacks:
Is this not the same guy alot of people were busy saying "he looks Presidential", "he should be the one ruling Nigeria"... etc, etc, Everything is just easier said than done. And looks alone is nothing. As a Nigerian I wish him the best and hope he is not guilty of the charges. We see how it goes...
that yoruba man is a fraudstar. He cant even win a councillorship primary, not to talk of a presidential election
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by teepain: 5:29pm On May 27, 2020
U.S. criticism of the bank’s internal processes follows comments by World Bank President David Malpass in February that multilateral lenders including the AfDB tend to provide loans too quickly, and, in the process, add to African nations’ debt problems.

I find the highlighted part of this post offensive.

Bretton Woods institutions like IMF, World Bank have been killing African countries with loans with onerous terms but they didn't consider it as 'adding to African nations' debt' but AfDB that is giving loans to African countries at lower interest rates is being accused!

If Africans wouldn't chart their course, Africa would continue to be milked by these people.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Angelfrost(m): 5:30pm On May 27, 2020
nanauju:
This was the plan all along. God will see him through

God will see him through what exactly??! Is he being persecuted or falsely accused??!
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by omonnakoda: 5:31pm On May 27, 2020
RuddyFusion:
Some of the accusations are quite damming especially the sexual harassment part that was overlooked, the guy in SA collecting pay while doing almost nothing and one other one that leads to one or two resignations of some peeps in protest.....

Though I will love to see Adesina response previously to the banks ethic committee and also want to know what the powers that be thinks about him because regardless of the position of the US and other interested parties on this, Home support including Africa as a block is important for his survival.....
But then, on a second look on most of the accusations, I will say it resembles bad belle type, to say the least.
he was accused of sexual harassment?
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Horbar1: 5:32pm On May 27, 2020
It's in our blood...
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by oluwaahmed: 5:32pm On May 27, 2020
What is synomous between north & SW
Fraud and Nepotism.

2 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by DexterousOne(m): 5:34pm On May 27, 2020
Ijaya123:
I suspect western conspiracy on this against one of Africa's finest. Those guys are after nothing but their own interest but sadly, Africa is yet to up their game.

Once he steps down, I don't see him coming back there again. QUITE UNFORTUNATE.
l

Well said

These western guys are up to something
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by DexterousOne(m): 5:35pm On May 27, 2020
JaruJaru890:
that yoruba man is a fraudstar. He cant even win a councillorship primary, not to talk of a presidential election

Idiots like you and others have turned this thing into a Tribalism contest.

You guys cannot see that something is obviously fishy?

1 Like

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Weedcrusher: 5:35pm On May 27, 2020
teepain:

I find the highlighted part of this post offensive.

Bretton Woods institutions like IMF, World Bank have been killing African countries with loans with onerous terms but they didn't consider it as 'adding to African nations' debt' but AfDB that is giving loans to African countries at lower interest rates is being accused!

If Africans wouldn't chart their course, Africa would continue to be milked by these people.

It is their ways. Find a way to subject Africa to servitude by providing us with ridiculous loans with outrageous terms. Now that an institution that has Africa's interest is providing loans with much better terms, it is time to take out the head of such institution and but puppets that will listen to their calls
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by egoldman(m): 5:35pm On May 27, 2020
Compare this case with that of Obasa, you will notice that in Adesina's case, he would do the right thing by stepping down and clear his name.

Meanwhile, Obasa is shouting upandan that money is there to be spent, thereby dragging the seat of the house speaker to the mud.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by frog12: 5:37pm On May 27, 2020
we sell our souls. we sell afdb . now foreigners are everywhere dictating how afdb should be ran
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Blackking98(m): 5:37pm On May 27, 2020
phoenix90:
Nigeria is Afdbs biggest shareholder and we have to fight to keep our own at the helm of affairs there. He is protecting our interest. Reminds me of how US schemed out Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala from being the world bank president in Favour of their citizen. But African development bank is an African institution and we it’s in our interest we stave off these neocolonialists.
is Buhari smart enough to ensure a Nigerian remains the head and rally African nation's? I personally won't mind if Buhari and his goons play dirty as long as adeshina remains there. American's trying to control afdb on one side and China setting debt traps for Africa on the other side. God save Africa

2 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Dpharisee: 5:38pm On May 27, 2020
African Development Bank is now American Development Bank. This is why Africa is still poor, the western conspiracy to keep Africa crawling is still alive. Very sad!
His security is at stake here, he is toying with the Dollar, the same thing that led to the killing of Saddam Hussein and Gaddafi

2 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Angelfrost(m): 5:38pm On May 27, 2020
Sigh... First Amos Adamu in FIFA, now this... Can't these men borrow a leaf from Okonjo-Iweala. The old dame has been scandal free after so many years in financial institutions abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Angelfrost(m): 5:40pm On May 27, 2020
Organicist95:
Yoruba Amaka

Is this really necessary??! You think foreigners see or care about tribes??! They only see nationality!!!
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by JaruJaru890: 5:40pm On May 27, 2020
DexterousOne:

Idiots like you and others have turned this thing into a Tribalism contest.

You guys cannot see that something is obviously fishy?
idiots like your fraudulent yoruba papa
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by middlebelter(m): 5:41pm On May 27, 2020
chibu4u2:

Lol

Which dirty CV?.......he should be probed and if found guilty made to face the law.

Nonsense post. What if he's guilty nko?

BTW which one be is and was, u high?

Part of the allegations against him is that he employed one of your sisters from SE as a Senior officer of the bank taking the salary of a VP. The woman is the former DG of PENCOM. It was alleged that he hire her notwithstanding the corruption allegations against the woman by GMB Government.

It is a case of Nigeria against Nigeria in Africa.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by JaruJaru890: 5:41pm On May 27, 2020
Organicist95:
Yoruba Amaka
big time fraudstars.
That adesina man should be arrested and jailed
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by chriscrosss(m): 5:47pm On May 27, 2020
The. Best country so far...let's say it happened here in Nigeria and Nigeria govt is involved... Who go step aside...lol..see country...step aside first...
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by DexterousOne(m): 5:47pm On May 27, 2020
pfadom:
I just hope Africa will rise against this colonialism on African soil and Africa's organisation. The industrialized countries condemning China are themselves worse and more selfish.

None of these G7 and G20 loves Africa. It's high time Africa asserted itself to take care of her destiny.

Well said
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by DexterousOne(m): 5:48pm On May 27, 2020
JaruJaru890:
idiots like your fraudulent yoruba papa

First
I'm igbo and not Yoruba

And second
You are very stupid

2 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Jdbrasco2: 5:48pm On May 27, 2020
He knows there are foreign stakeholders in the bank and went ahead to run it like Nija Govt. OK naa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

We Won The Election And We Will Prove It — Peter Obi Reaffirms / Nigerian Govt Should Reciprocate US Visa Ban – Fani-kayode / Military Releases Statement, Shares Photos Of Weapons Seized From Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.