Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe (33204 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Sworn In For Second Term As AfDB President / Akinwunmi Adesina Re-Elected As AFDB President / Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by FieldMarshall06(m): 5:49pm On May 27, 2020
frog12:
we sell our souls. we sell afdb . now foreigners are everywhere dictating how afdb should be ran

The foreigners are shareholders. They are part owners of the bank. So they are within their right to demand accountability.

He should step aside for an independent probe. If clean, he would return. But he should only step aside after he gets the second term.

Am sure he is clean. The AfDB must stand together for him, provided he is clean.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by ijedeikorodu(m): 5:49pm On May 27, 2020
Why is the US Treasury interested in ADB, on the subject of favoritism. What has Trump being doing appointing his family in the WH and large donors in high posts.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by foleskay(m): 5:49pm On May 27, 2020
Corruption is inbuilt in African's DNA
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by oluwaahmed: 5:50pm On May 27, 2020
Weedcrusher:
When I read comments on Nairaland about issues like this and see Nigerians castigating their compatriot because Oyinbo man said he has done something wrong is quite discouraging.

I really don't understand what the real situation is, but based on the fact that this man was asked to step aside because of favouritism by America and other European countries shows that this man probably did nothing wrong.

Now let me dissect the whole case. Adesina is accused of favouritism, big deal? Which Oyinbo man doesn't involve in favouritism in support of his people. As a Nigerian living abroad, I, just like many others have witnessed favouritism many times. An average white man will never employ a black man instead of his fellow white man with the same skills set. NEVER!. Did Adesina favor people with Africa interest instead of people with foreigner's interest? If so, then we should hail and support this man instead of bashing him.

You may ask, why is America and European countries so much interested in Africa development bank? Good question. With the present pandemic, America's and Europe's economies have been severely devastated by lockdowns and economic inactivities. Now it is time for them to get money from their piggy bank which is Africa just like the way they did after 2nd world war devastation. Do you ever think America and European countries investment in AfDB is to develop Africa? I laugh in Cantonese. Those investments are for them to have control over AfDB so that they can loot Africa to develop america and europe after economic downturn just like what we are witnessing right now with Covid-19 pandemic.

What do I think will happen? I think they will remove Adesina and put an African puppet that will serve their interests in looting Africa just like they always do.

We Africans are in a very precarious state not only because there are external forces that do not have our interests in mind but also we are very ignorant of our situation.

I don't understand your point. America is the second largest shareholder in AFDB after Nigeria so they have every right yo demand for an external probe(audit) which even local Nigerian financial institutions do.
Unidentified whistleblowers accused Adesina, 60, of handing contracts to acquaintances and appointing relatives to strategic positions.
This up there is corruption and like GEJ said stealing alone is not corruption. Favoritism, tribalism & nepotism is corruption. Just because its the norm here doesn't mean its acceptable. BTW what will america stand go gain from this? Is afdb not meant to finance projects in Africa? Abi will afdb finance a developmental project in USA? Don't you know when someone of his calibre engages in this corrupt act, then funds given out on padi padi basis will most likely be underutilized leading to the stealing part of corruption? The man thinks AFDB is his local Nigerian govt parastatal where he can employ all his relations at the expense of merit. Pls get his tribal ass out of there that's how they ruined Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by DexterousOne(m): 5:50pm On May 27, 2020
Angelfrost:

Is this really necessary??! You think foreigners see or care about tribes??! They only see nationality!!!

You dont need to educate them

They have chosen the path of foolishness

2 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by fallout87: 5:55pm On May 27, 2020
Untainted007:
Fraud is inbuilt into the bloodstream of Africans.

Absolute nonsense.

The same Munchin in Trump's Presidency making accusations of corruption?

He is literally part of the most corrupt Presidential term in modern American history and he has been part of rhe cover up for atrocities which include attempting to brine a foreign country to help fix ANOTHER election.

Human beings are corrupt. It isn't just blacks. Get out of here with that slave mentality!

2 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by frog12: 5:56pm On May 27, 2020
this is the main problem. why we allow foreign shareholders. america is second shareholder after nigeria, so they have voice to ask him to step down.

FieldMarshall06:

The foreigners are shareholders. They are part owners of the bank. So they are within their right to demand accountability.

He should step aside for an independent probe. If clean, he would return. But he should only step aside after he gets the second term.

Am disappointed in him. Where do the allegations come from?
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by gambia(m): 5:56pm On May 27, 2020
Its none of my business, he should be probed and prosecuted if found guilty.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Arizonaguy(m): 5:57pm On May 27, 2020
ijustdey:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2020/05/27/just-in-adesina-steps-aside-as-afdb-president-for-fresh-probe/
They (US) want him out because him no wan lick their butt
Adesina is a pan African....i'm appalled that his countrymen does not see this and instead yet again glorifies and believes what the white man says
So sad, inferiority complex and unpatriotism playing out in so many folks mind
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Ojiofor: 5:57pm On May 27, 2020
Have their tribalism and nepotism gone international?
Only Time will tell.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 27, 2020
the man with the idea of phones for farmers as a way of boosting agriculture in Nigeria. lol
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by semyman: 6:03pm On May 27, 2020
GEJ & prodigy everywhere you go
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Osyabj: 6:05pm On May 27, 2020
This Petty thief is obviously very naive.

This same unrepentant Criminal, was charged with Criminal misappropriation of public funds as Nigeria's Agric minister.

Despite his criminal past , Abba Kyari nominated him to AFDB .

Now the thief is accused of STEALING the US tax payers money. He will never escape US prison.

Fact is under US law:
This Criminal, Adesina is facing:
* Contract Fraud
* Bank Fraud
* Wire Fraud
* Mail Fraud
" Conspiracy to comit Fraud
* Conspiracy to defraud the US Government and numerous other criminal charges

The Criminal, Adesina is looking at least 50-60 years in US jail.

US Courts cannot easily be bought. America knows his past in Nigeria and has been watching him & building a case against him .

Now is the time for the Criminal Adesina to do the time.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by ukahrawah: 6:06pm On May 27, 2020
Sensie:
Wonti get man yi sha...

Nigerians be taking their nepostic attitude everywhere. Smh!

That's precisely the problem. It'll be so sad if Mr Adesina is found guilty but, who knows, he may have thought that if Nepotism works in APC controlled Nigeria, it could also work in AFDB.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by stieyven(m): 6:09pm On May 27, 2020
nanauju:
This was the plan all along. God will see him through
DO NOT TAKE THE NAME OF THE LORD IN VAIN. The Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain. EXODUS 20 :7

1 Like

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by oluwaseyi0: 6:18pm On May 27, 2020
God will save him

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Meetleader: 6:30pm On May 27, 2020
Too much interference by the west on African matters.

Africa should not be bullied by western governments to do their bidding

Africa should start learning to take care of Africa...

1 Like

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by SmartyPants(m): 6:30pm On May 27, 2020
anonymous1759:
A1759
The is '' America development bank not Africa development Bank'' Shame on African Leaders who refused to grow always sucking feeding bottle like a toddler in the hands of the west.

I don't think Africa as a whole have major shares in any of the foreign Agency financial institutions the piper always play the tune of the Payer. I'm confident that West will remove him whether guilty or not if they want to, there will use media to destroy you first and the rest is history.

I detest African Leaders they don't know too much aid for foreign countries =interference from her democracy All they know is Loot Loot and Loot no sense of pride as a
Leaders shameless MOFOS.
Nigeria is the largest shareholder in the AfDB
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Luchitec(m): 6:35pm On May 27, 2020
Some of you guys are irredeemably silly that it beggars belief!
Jibsy203:
Afonjas and fraudster are like 5&6
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by thundafire: 6:35pm On May 27, 2020
Ijaya123:
I suspect western conspiracy on this against one of Africa's finest. Those guys are after nothing but their own interest but sadly, Africa is yet to up their game.

Once he steps down, I don't see him coming back there again. QUITE UNFORTUNATE.
there is no conspiracy,let him step down and investigation takes place because more 70 countries are investing in the Bank and it's a shame that every corrupt practices must include a Nigerian
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by frog12: 6:36pm On May 27, 2020
how much we contribute? give us top 5 donors

SmartyPants:

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Ijaya123: 6:38pm On May 27, 2020
thundafire:
there is no conspiracy,let him step down and investigation takes place because more 70 countries are investing in the Bank and it's a shame that every corrupt practices must include a Nigerian

Source of this conclusion or just a mere assumption?
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by MajorOvakporaye(f): 6:41pm On May 27, 2020
probe him!
He's corrupt
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by PHijo(m): 6:45pm On May 27, 2020
When will Africa gain her independence?

1 Like

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by just2endowed: 6:45pm On May 27, 2020
Sensie:
Wonti get man yi sha...

Nigerians be taking their nepostic attitude everywhere. Smh!

That's the problem my brother. Our nepotistic way of appointment and awarding contract is alarming and to us its normal things but to the outside world they see it as wrong doing. That's why critizing buhari is not bad.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by AhoadaRivers: 6:46pm On May 27, 2020
What this case tells us is that if Buhari, osinbajo or Tinubu are given international appointments they can't survive 1 week on that appoimtment. Because they all 'nepotism walking on two legs'.
They fill every position with their family members, friends, mistresses and concubines.

Nigerians have taken it as a norm, that's why they are crying foul about this American intervention to call them to order on the international stage. Hopefully, they can learn a thing or two from Adesina's impending downfall that nepotism is ethically and morally criminal.

Americans didn't build their country on nepotism but on meritocracy. If they did, you won't be fasting and praying to get their visas.

Unfortunately Nigerians are too thickheaded, they'll never learn from this. They'll repeat the cycle and still get burnt in future. I'm confident about that..

2 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by RuddyFusion(m): 6:49pm On May 27, 2020
omonnakoda:
he was accused of sexual harassment?
His protege
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Arijude(m): 6:49pm On May 27, 2020
Angelfrost:

Is this really necessary??! You think foreigners see or care about tribes??! They only see nationality!!!
you are right but this is not what you should have said if it were be an Igbo man
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by anonymous1759(m): 6:50pm On May 27, 2020
SmartyPants:

And so? What are countries like UK US and Japan doing in Africa development bank? If they don't have shares there can they dictate who gets probe or not.
My annoyance is the foreign interference which I blame the Agbaya African Leaders. We should go back to Colonization if we can't anything on our own independently.

They're some organization in a Country or state that need strictly members not foreigners. It's still a mistry to me why Uk still prints currency for Nigeria and France do the same for Francophone countries what's the rationale behind it?
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Goke7: 6:50pm On May 27, 2020
AhoadaRivers:
What this case tells us is that if Buhari, osinbajo or Tinubu are given international appointments they can't survive 1 week on that appoimtment. Because they are both nepotism walking on two legs.
They fill every position with their family members, friends and concubines.

Nigerians have taken it as a norm, that's why they are crying foul about this American intervention to call them to order on the international stage. Unfortunately, hopefully they can learn a thing or two from Adesina's impending downfall that nepotism is ethically and morally criminal.

Americans didn't build their country on nepotism but on meritocracy. If they did, you won't be fasting and praying to get their visas.

Unfortunately Nigeria are too thickheaded, they'll never learn from this.

and what is Trump doing, meritocracy? excuse me grin

1 Like

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by omonnakoda: 6:52pm On May 27, 2020
RuddyFusion:
His protege
Yea OK
IIt said the person was FOUND GUILTY
What are the particulars of that do you know?
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Angelfrost(m): 6:53pm On May 27, 2020
Arijude:
you are right but this is not what you should have said if it were be an Igbo man

How so sir??! Did you go through my profile and comments??!... If you did, you would know I am against bigotry in any form

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill 2 Police Officers In Imo (graphic Pix) / Saraki And His Beautiful Wife In Kwara State, Welcomed By Massive Crowd (Photos) / Boko Haram Commander Says Release Of Chibok Girls Involved A Prisoner Swap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.