Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:25 AM

Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe (33203 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Sworn In For Second Term As AfDB President / Akinwunmi Adesina Re-Elected As AFDB President / Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Nobody: 4:40pm On May 27, 2020
international politics

sad
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by shekone(m): 4:40pm On May 27, 2020
I'm only happy that it isn't a fraud allegation.

2 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by SolarKing1: 4:40pm On May 27, 2020
Racism.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 27, 2020
Okay noted

YOU CAN STAKE HIGH ON F I X E D GAME ?

MESSAGE ME ON WHATSAPP OR CALL
☎️0 9 0 1 3 5 7 2 2 5 7

• GAME TYPE ; HT / FT
• GAME ACCURACY ; 100 %

game is available on all betting sites

PAYMENT IS AFTER WIN !!!

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by ipobarecriminals: 4:42pm On May 27, 2020
sad Hmmmmm! American jhudas! Una Weldon
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Whiteangel1234: 4:42pm On May 27, 2020
grin grin He should stand Trial and be jailed if found guilty
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Ykc2(m): 4:42pm On May 27, 2020
Shebi we dey aba Ibadan and gombe dey shout say nothing go happen I laugh in Papua new Guinea grin grin grin, oyibo people to deal with we Africans and our leaders is not hard for them grin first they will ban you from coming to any western world then will also ban your children and family members from coming grin shebi china na super economy our leaders can go there and buy house and with his or her family grin

6 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by NaijadrivaCars: 4:42pm On May 27, 2020
/)
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by GamalNasser: 4:43pm On May 27, 2020
I pray his not indicted but those Charges where very Nigerianisque

3 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by SachaBastien(m): 4:43pm On May 27, 2020
The U.S. wins. Goodbye Adesina. Hopefully, it won't be the end of your career globally.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by higgs: 4:44pm On May 27, 2020
I admire the guy.I hope the allegations are baseless. He is being accused of the Nigerian disease

2 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by GeneralPula: 4:44pm On May 27, 2020
Evil white people never wanted anything African bank..

Gaddafi became their enemy the moment he mentioned....Instead of Africa going to world bank to borrow money, why don’t we have our Africa bank? They conspired to kill the man..

Now they’re seeing Adesina has another bone in the neck, they wanna have him removed so as to appoint a stooge that will dance to all their tunes..

Africa will get saved someday but what will save us is just soooo unknown!

10 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Lipscomb(m): 4:44pm On May 27, 2020
this made me to remember my professor that always criticize Western country back then...This man always call white to stop the occupation in Africa.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by forgiveness: 4:45pm On May 27, 2020
Na wa ooo. Economy slavery.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Kbs468(m): 4:48pm On May 27, 2020
Be independent millionaire and nobody will ever probe you
How? see details below
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Firstorderwizard(m): 4:49pm On May 27, 2020
Adeshina vs US
I thought village people dey lockdown?

1 Like

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by slivertongue: 4:49pm On May 27, 2020
nepotism always hunting Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by KingMicky3286: 4:49pm On May 27, 2020
This is a scam , dont fall for it

Eagle360:
This is a conspiracy against Oduduwa Son, we will not take it.

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Freezby2020: 4:50pm On May 27, 2020
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Royalfurnitures: 4:50pm On May 27, 2020
He should step aside,I believe he'd be vindicated at the end of the day

Beautify your homes with our quality and durable furniture collections today
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by edoairways: 4:51pm On May 27, 2020
RuddyFusion:
Some of the accusations are quite damming especially the sexual harassment part that was overlooked, the guy in SA collecting pay while doing almost nothing and one other one that leads to one or two resignations of some peeps in protest.....

Though I will love to see Adesina response previously to the banks ethic committee and also want to know what the powers that be thinks about him because regardless of the position of the US and other interested parties on this, Home support including Africa as a block is important for his survival.....
But then, on a second look on most of the accusations, I will say it resembles bad belle type, to say the least.
The summary of it is bad bellerism

1 Like

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by seborrhic: 4:51pm On May 27, 2020
Untainted007:
Fraud is inbuilt into the bloodstream of Africans. They won't stop tagging this country wit bad names. I pray he comes out clean atleast to change the perception of every bad eyes on Nigerians and if he doesn't, it means a step forward and two steps backward to our country.
My brother,he won't come out clean if properly investigated.
Put the Blackman in a black environment and he won't do without an act of corruption.
It's the sad,but naked truth.
Only very,very few,about 0.0001% can overlook their innate corrupt tendency,eg,Mandela,Julius Nyeyere and the old folks that fought the colonial Masters and learnt from their largely upright stance.

7 Likes

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by jolly94: 4:51pm On May 27, 2020
This is a case of "we can't beat him at the Polls for is second term bid as the only sole candidate, let's smear his reputation to make him less credible and unfit" - It is international and board room politics at it best at play here.

The hand writing on the wall is when World Bank's David Malpass and IMF who are notorious for their draconian and debt plunging economics for African Countries complaints started.

AfDB under Adeshina brought about low interest loan policy of a single digit to help cushion Africa Over dependence on IMF loans.

Restructuring of AfDB economic policy that better suit African Countries. Thereby reducing francophone countries over dependence on debt trap French loans.

This is not a case of him being incompetent. Adeshina has lauded by African countries in coming to their needs and peculiarities as ascribed by South Africa, Nigeria and the rest which are the priorities of AfDB.

Nigeria being the largest shareholder over years was underrepresented in terms to staff ratio compare to France and the united States.

Again its not a case of incompetency but a game of self interest by the US and France - Its a smear campaign to discredit him pertaining to the next election.

Its time for Nigeria to be strategic and ready to play international politics in order to make Adeshina retain his second term mandate and its also time for Africa to begin her economic emancipation.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by phoenix90(m): 4:56pm On May 27, 2020
Nigeria is Afdbs biggest shareholder and we have to fight to keep our own at the helm of affairs there. He is protecting our interest. Reminds me of how US schemed out Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala from being the world bank president in Favour of their citizen. But African development bank is an African institution and we it’s in our interest we stave off these neocolonialists.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by GboyegaD(m): 4:56pm On May 27, 2020
I hope his hands are clean.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by RuddyFusion(m): 4:57pm On May 27, 2020
edoairways:

The summary of it is bad bellerism
Exactly
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Kobicove(m): 4:58pm On May 27, 2020
I wish him luck!
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Obamaofusa: 5:03pm On May 27, 2020
Adeshina will overcome USA.Adeshina will triumph.

1 Like

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by pfadom: 5:06pm On May 27, 2020
I just hope Africa will rise against this colonialism on African soil and Africa's organisation. The industrialized countries condemning China are themselves worse and more selfish.

None of these G7 and G20 loves Africa. It's high time Africa asserted itself to take care of her destiny.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by AuroraB(f): 5:07pm On May 27, 2020
Metrics4tea:
Adesina cannot defeat USA
He has been cornered grin lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lawan Did Not Let Me Finish: Bulkachuwa Makes Clarification Over Comment / Gunmen Kill 2 Police Officers In Imo (graphic Pix) / Video Of PDP Reps "Fighting" Over Minority Leadership Position

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.