Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe (33202 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Sworn In For Second Term As AfDB President / Akinwunmi Adesina Re-Elected As AFDB President / Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by DexterousOne(m): 2:52am On May 28, 2020
JaruJaru890:
thunder fire ur yoruba dead coward, fraudulent grandpapa and fire your your dead coward papa, you mile pick pocket bastard.
U stated clearly to your dead father that you dont want to be yoruba.
Look at this hopeless known yoruba bastard saying he stated clearly. State your claririty on your dead father's grave

WTH is this negro talking bout?
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by DonroxyII: 3:07am On May 28, 2020
nanauju:
This was the plan all along. God will see him through
The man obviously didn't play balls and USA, Europe wants him out for a Zombie .... This is the time Nigeria needs to throw her weight around her man ....

How come Africa allowed USA to become mega shareholder of AFDB ... Can Africa summon probe of America Cooperation or whatever or NATO .....

Finance and funding is the new slavery , Africa too like money and donations.....

They want Adesina out simple!
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by pacespot(m): 3:15am On May 28, 2020
Guys like this are not often innocent, people always judge by how well dressed a person is, but what is a person is inside. I can bet that this man is corrupt and evil.

There is no smoke without fire.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by AreaFada2: 3:54am On May 28, 2020
Ijaya123:
I suspect western conspiracy on this against one of Africa's finest. Those guys are after nothing but their own interest but sadly, Africa is yet to up their game.

Once he steps down, I don't see him coming back there again. QUITE UNFORTUNATE.

That's the truth.

Nigeria should generally be wary of things we do with fellow Africans. They dig the sand from under our feet at every opportunity.

Of course if indeed these things happened exactly as they have accused him, then he displayed much naiveté. For a person of his calibre. Then he'll need to accept the consequences.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by chibu4u2(m): 8:19am On May 28, 2020
Arewa1408:

Hmm, sounds like a pull him down to me.Why do you hate him so much? Does it have to do with his name "Adeshina"..... You sound like a house slave.

Be that as it may, I am the last person on earth that will ever be tribalistic.
I dont care I his name is adesina, Mohammed or chibuzor.

Africans are filled with corrupt leaders and whatever tribe anyone found guilty is from he/she should be prosecuted.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:19am On May 28, 2020
anonymous1759:
A1759
The is '' America development bank not Africa development Bank'' Shame on African Leaders who refused to grow always sucking feeding bottle like a toddler in the hands of the west.

I don't think Africa as a whole have major shares in any of the foreign Agency financial institutions the piper always play the tune of the Payer. I'm confident that West will remove him whether guilty or not if they want to, there will use media to destroy you first and the rest is history.

I detest African Leaders they don't know too much aid from foreign countries =interference from her democracy All they know is Loot Loot and Loot no sense of pride as a
Leaders shameless MOFOS.
God bless you bro

1 Like

Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Eagle360(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2020
KingMicky3286:
This is a scam , dont fall for it

you are not well.
Which scam? Everything is scam to you?Seems someone have scam you and you are still suffering from it.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by KingMicky3286: 8:36am On May 28, 2020
You are a shameless scammer ,
Eagle360:
you are not well.
Which scam? Everything is scam to you?Seems someone have scam you and you are still suffering from it.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Eagle360(m): 8:38am On May 28, 2020
KingMicky3286:
You are a shameless scammer ,
You are d.aft
Have anybody reported me here? You just lay allegations without conscience.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by KingMicky3286: 8:46am On May 28, 2020
You should be hiding your face in shame. Shameless scammer. If you want to sell something, go and open a shop or pay for an advert.
Shameless Scammer.

Eagle360:

You are d.aft
Have anybody reported me here? You just lay allegations without conscience.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Eagle360(m): 8:53am On May 28, 2020
KingMicky3286:
You should be hiding your face in shame. Shameless scammer. If you want to sell something, go and open a shop or pay for an advert.
Shameless Scammer.

You are looking for attention? I will ignore you from now.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Officialgarri: 9:01am On May 28, 2020
This isn't about racism but real facts. Granting loans to your brothers anyhow is another form of putting them in chains, just because the debts won't be paid from your personal pocket.

On one thread, I was referring to Ebonyi state. Do you know the millions of dollars that was loaned to Ebonyi to build kilometers of roads by AFDB?
How will the state Government pay back? That state receives the least allocation and the poverty rate is said to be high.

Officialgarri:
By the time Umahi will leave power, Ebonyi will look like a small London but the debt profile won't make them get any candidate that will be willing to run for governorship cheesy or else all the blames from debt will be on your head.
They will be begging people to contest. cheesy

The Afridcan Development bank loan taken worth hundred millions of dollars is still there amongst other loans o cheesy
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Gerrard59(m): 9:14am On May 28, 2020
Weedcrusher:
When I read comments on Nairaland about issues like this and see Nigerians castigating their compatriot because Oyinbo man said he has done something wrong is quite discouraging.

I really don't understand what the real situation is, but based on the fact that this man was asked to step aside because of favouritism by America and other European countries shows that this man probably did nothing wrong.

Now let me dissect the whole case. Adesina is accused of favouritism, big deal? Which Oyinbo man doesn't involve in favouritism in support of his people. As a Nigerian living abroad, I, just like many others have witnessed favouritism many times. An average white man will never employ a black man instead of his fellow white man with the same skills set. NEVER!. Did Adesina favor people with Africa interest instead of people with foreigner's interest? If so, then we should hail and support this man instead of bashing him.

You may ask, why is America and European countries so much interested in Africa development bank? Good question. With the present pandemic, America's and Europe's economies have been severely devastated by lockdowns and economic inactivities. Now it is time for them to get money from their piggy bank which is Africa just like the way they did after 2nd world war devastation. Do you ever think America and European countries investment in AfDB is to develop Africa? I laugh in Cantonese. Those investments are for them to have control over AfDB so that they can loot Africa to develop america and europe after economic downturn just like what we are witnessing right now with Covid-19 pandemic.

If the black race cannot be rich, don't expect any serious fight whatsoever. Only rich people are able to fight.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by KingMicky3286: 9:24am On May 28, 2020
The more you mention me , it’s the more you expose yourself to world.

Shameless scammer.

Eagle360:

You are looking for attention? I will ignore you from now.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Arewa1408: 1:47pm On May 28, 2020
chibu4u2:

Be that as it may, I am the last person on earth that will ever be tribalistic.
I dont care I his name is adesina, Mohammed or chibuzor.

Africans are filled with corrupt leaders and whatever tribe anyone found guilty is from he/she should be prosecuted.

I like your matured reply and i see your point, however you are of course wrong if you sincerely think Africans are filled with corrupt leaders. Now, follow this case again. The US was opposed to his emergence as the President. He is mostly accused of approving too many loans and most probably not vetting the loans. Now, he has increased the banks capital base and they have more money to give loans ofcourse. These loans are mostly given to African countries that the west wants to ensure remains in debt. Internal investigations cleared him but USA refused to accept that internal investigation. So, first it was Adesina, now its the whole leadership of the organisation, doesn't that sound like witch hunting and USA chasing their agenda to you?
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by chyket(m): 2:01pm On May 28, 2020
frog12:
dont be foolish. this is the trap they've set. they want to destroy his image to prevent him from running for re-election. dont fall for it. act as if nothing as happen'

You didn't need to insult me to make your point!!!
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by Sensie(f): 2:29pm On May 28, 2020
ukahrawah:

That's precisely the problem. It'll be so sad if Mr Adesina is found guilty but, who knows, he may have thought that if Nepotism works in APC controlled Nigeria, it could also work in AFDB.

I hope he doesn't get in big trouble tho
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by chibu4u2(m): 2:51pm On May 28, 2020
Arewa1408:

I like your matured reply and i see your point, however you are of course wrong if you sincerely think Africans are filled with corrupt leaders. Now, follow this case again. The US was opposed to his emergence as the President. He is mostly accused of approving too many loans and most probably not vetting the loans. Now, he has increased the banks capital base and they have more money to give loans ofcourse. These loans are mostly given to African countries that the west wants to ensure remains in debt. Internal investigations cleared him but USA refused to accept that internal investigation. So, first it was Adesina, now its the whole leadership of the organisation, doesn't that sound like witch hunting and USA chasing their agenda to you?

Well it does sound like a witch hunt.
The thing is if he is probed and found innocent then it's a good record to him.

I only wish America will probe all African leaders past and present and prosecute all these thives parading themselves as leaders.
Re: Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe by PaaRichie5(m): 7:14pm On May 28, 2020
Avidcolz:

I can't agree less. We are so sentimental, the west is actually setting the track well for us but we are too deep into corrupt tendencies that we don't know what it means again. See, US has the strongest internal control system in the world, we should learn from them and not see everything as a witch hot. Mind you, I am a fan to Adesina but if he is found wanting he should go in for it.

Thank you. The US have been shareholders of the bank since 1983. Close to 40 years. There have been about 5 presidents of the bank since then. So why are they raising this issue during the tenure of a Nigerian. There have been presidents from other African countries...Rwanda, Ghana et al. The big question is 'why now'.

Because our managerial practices here fall short of international best practices. It has been so ingrained in our moral fabric that we don't even consider them as malpractices. Winner takes all. I just hope that we the young ones can rise above the sentimentalism and find ourselves better prepared the next time it may be our turn to serve outside the country.

That said I wish him the best. I pray he scales through and embraces a more open policy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tony Nwoye Wins Anambra APC Governorship Primaries / Bode George: "Wike Insulted The Yoruba Race & Must Apologize" / Bobrisky Advised To Pick PDP Nomination As He Beats Saraki In Twitter Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.