Stats: 3,194,082 members, 7,953,303 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:48 PM

Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures (78211 Views)

First Batch Of A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Departs USA For Nigeria / Boko Haram Captures & Destroys Armed Personnel Carrier Newly Acquired By Army / A-29 Super Tucano Aircraft Project On Course For Delivery As Scheduled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by marvin906(m): 8:30pm On May 28, 2020
slimfit1:

Complete waste of money I give it 1/year. Other people are talking about F15 to F16. If you don't know you really don't know.

shut your mouth..
even the strongest military in Africa doesn't have f15 or 16
your brain can't even ask yourself even if we have the money will the US sell

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by babestella: 8:31pm On May 28, 2020
Cyberterror:
Looks underweight and overpriced. The Americans have scammed us again !!

With these kind of fighter jets, even Togo will beat us silly using only their limited land army.

These are refurbished planes that were used to scam us and some folks are jumping up.

Look at this one below

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Golan007: 8:32pm On May 28, 2020
fatpogba7:

I tell you when their mates are acquiring stealth aircrafts

Your mates are billionaires too.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Psalmy2cute(m): 8:32pm On May 28, 2020
such old aircraft... like since 1947 model.. smh
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by marvin906(m): 8:32pm On May 28, 2020
babestella:

With these kind of fighter jets, even Togo will beat us silly using only their limited land army.

These are refurbished planes that were used to scam us and some folks are jumping up.

Look at this one below

do you even know the name of the jet you posted

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Donwoosky: 8:33pm On May 28, 2020
TheFacelessMan:

I once jumped out of a plane (not a jet) without a parachute...

Abeg who give this guy Colorado smoke

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 28, 2020
Weather vintage oo or na Scrabb ooo, or the best weapon against insurgence or whatever, make we no hear Boko ambush and made away with the plane, I have said my own.

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by rka2: 8:33pm On May 28, 2020
SultanOfAbia:
Look At The Rusty Plane They Sold Us
Something used to fight Ww2 in 1945
Africa is dumping Ground

Just look at the red circle, The rusty Panel Beating that airplane has receivedshocked

I'm sure you don't know what primer is undecided smh

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by beeboy09(m): 8:33pm On May 28, 2020
Mowoe:
I don't know a thing about fighter jets but I know this one is vintage. See below...
You started well. First off its good you admitted you know little about aircrafts.
Thats the F-35. Its a 5th generation fighter jet.
Made by the US.
They currently are not selling any version to any country. Although they have sold some to a few NATO allies such as the UK and others like Israel.
Nigeria has had fighter jets close to its caliber but we had to sell them cos we could not maintain them. so we go for those we can at the moment.
The Super Tucano is a very modern aircraft with state of the art avionics and weaponry such as laser guided missiles and smoke guided missiles.
Most people who have no idea about this just come here to post rubish saying it looks like a ww2 airplane. i laugh in spanish.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Golan007: 8:33pm On May 28, 2020
babestella:

Look at this one below

And your mates in the western world know how to create things, can code in various programming languages whilst also being patriotic to their nation.

Give us your excuses.

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by kiddkash(m): 8:33pm On May 28, 2020
now use this to give boko boyz 72 virgins each

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Reference(m): 8:34pm On May 28, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
all these outdated planes for BH boys while other nations are using....

F-22 for what. Who are we fighting with that. Nigeria is not a warmongering nation so we don't need platforms that will seat idly till they rot.

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by molbic(m): 8:35pm On May 28, 2020
so Nigerian airforce no see F-16 or even A -10 warthog buy na this propeller aircraft they used in 1940 world war 2 . our mate Ethiopia just bought advanced Russian S400 air defense system and about 50 newly built sukhoi - 35 and 45 respectively and we are here buying toys I can bet buhari's Left nyash that AK-47 can shoot it down.

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by lordm(m): 8:35pm On May 28, 2020
fatpogba7:

I tell you when their mates are acquiring stealth aircrafts
who is their mate?

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by babestella: 8:36pm On May 28, 2020
marvin906:

shut your mouth..

The US won’t sell F16s to us because they know we are a highly volatile country with the power of the military resting only in the hands of one ethnic group, a country run by a wicked bigot, a country filled with hate against other tribes, this is why sophisticated weapons like the F16s will never be sold to Nigeria else the ethnic bigot Will use it to wipe out others. Until we get serious with equity, justice, equality, unity, no nation in the world will take us seriously.

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by mozona(m): 8:36pm On May 28, 2020
is our beloved country preparing for war?
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Ernestilo1: 8:36pm On May 28, 2020
storry
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by ooohoo: 8:36pm On May 28, 2020
Cyberterror:
Looks underweight and overpriced. The Americans have scammed us again !!

Bros, Super Tucano is owned by, and built in Brazil. Americans haven't scammed us this time.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by hotwax: 8:36pm On May 28, 2020
flavnwokem:
Weather vintage oo or na Scrabb ooo, or the best weapon against insurgence or whatever, make we no hear Boko ambush and made away with the plane, I have said my own.

have u seen USA using warplanes on talibans or alqaida? even the last Iranian general they killed was with drone.

Why this museum artifact? what is wrong with Nigeria?

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by annyz: 8:37pm On May 28, 2020
AnonPoet:
2 000 MK-81 (250 lb) bombs; 5 000 2.75 inch (70 mm) Hydra 70 unguided rockets; 1 000 2.75 inch Hydra 70 unguided rockets (practice); and 20 000 rounds of .50 calibre machinegun ammunition. https:///M3EXBiKaFF

https://twitter.com/DefenseNigeria/status/1266020907295879169?s=19

All to fight Boko-Haram
Hope we will not hear tearful stories afterwards?
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by lordm(m): 8:37pm On May 28, 2020
ContractKiller:
Who still uses propeller fighter jets in the 21st century?
Brazil

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by vioment: 8:37pm On May 28, 2020
This one look like you wey medium drone go beat in 2 hours.

They should have invested in drone.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Omoejigbahe(m): 8:37pm On May 28, 2020
Mowoe:
I don't know a thing about fighter jets but I know this one is vintage. See below...

See better fighter jets, not Hitler's era own. Nonsense

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by hotwax: 8:38pm On May 28, 2020
babestella:

The US won’t sell F16s to us because they know we are a highly volatile country with the power of the military resting only in the hands of one ethnic group, a country run by a wicked bigot, a country filled with hate against other tribes, this is why sophisticated weapons like the F16s will never be sold to Nigeria else the ethnic bigot Will use it to wipe out others. Until we get serious with equity, justice, equality, unity, no nation in the world will take us seriously.

The same reason we can't get nuclear energy.

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Rolexjerry(m): 8:39pm On May 28, 2020
Wickedfact:

Not only second world war, na Civil war. Useless wailer.
Intelligent zombie grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by SocialJustice: 8:40pm On May 28, 2020
danielconstant:
looks like a 4th generation Bush_plane .... anyway Africa is bushy. wink
I tire.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by MansoryMX(m): 8:40pm On May 28, 2020
gidgiddy:
Im not impressed with these planes, looks like the type used in the second world war

First World War actually

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Reference(m): 8:40pm On May 28, 2020
marvin906:

shut your mouth..

Egypt has a few Fighting Falcons: General Dynamics F--16. They receive military aid from the States as part of the peace deal with Israel. But they also buy anywhere belle face. They have European, Russian and Chinese equipment.
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by scriptures01: 8:41pm On May 28, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
all these outdated planes for BH boys while other nations are using....
stealth fighter jets have price tag of over $155m and are top secret piece of equipment not readily
available for sale to 3rd world countries

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:42pm On May 28, 2020
Reference:
F-22 for what. Who are we fighting with that. Nigeria is not a warmongering nation so we don't need platforms that will seat idly till they rot.
marvin906:
guy you dey alright..
F 22 who are we fighting

the simple fact that the F22 is 5 times faster means that they will reach BH boys before they disappear into the Sambisa forest...
Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by Kosoco(m): 8:42pm On May 28, 2020
This local man that thing you see is the membrane calibration... it’s like a computer mother board... say what you know don’t deceive pple with your ignorance....
SultanOfAbia:
Look At The Rusty Plane They Sold Us
Something used to fight Ww2 in 1945
Africa is dumping Ground

Just look at the red circle, The rusty Panel Beating that airplane has receivedshocked

Re: Nigeria's Newly Acquired Tucano A-29s In Pictures by OnyeOgboni: 8:42pm On May 28, 2020
Dem chop these mugus mugu..I swear.for an old propeller aircrafts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Highway Patrol: The Car I Saw Nigeria Police Force Using Today (Photo) / Ekiti 2022 Governorship Election Results (Live Updates) / Iran: Shi’ites, Others Protest In FCT, Burn US Flag, Block Highway