Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,190 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) (55956 Views)

George Floyd: Minnesota Police Officers Fired After Death Of Unarmed Black Man / Photos Of Father David Tanko Killed And Burnt By Armed Bandits In Taraba / Ritualist Caught, Beaten And Burnt In Ijebu Ode (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by DexterousOne(m): 11:52am On May 29, 2020
calculator123:
I don't support their actions but if that's the only way they can get the attention of their government to fix this nonsense, fine!!!

This is my position

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by LordShiva97(m): 11:56am On May 29, 2020
ScotMisile:

Sorry bruv, you can't stop these protests. If that's the case only way to get the government's attention after several years of murder,then it's cool by me.
If you diadisag with me,it's not my problem.

No one is talking about stopping the protests, they have the right to protest if they feel aggrieved. But looting can't be condoned in the name of protests, the looting part is what I have a problem with. The owners of those looted stores are fellow citizens like them, the stores aren't owned by the cops that killed the deceased George Floyd.

And talking about getting the goverment's attention, their plans seems to be working. You might want to check out Trump's tweet about the looting that was censored by Twitter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by LordShiva97(m): 11:57am On May 29, 2020
ScotMisile:

Hello,you can fell cool and all whatnots about being right,but am not cool with murder....and whatever it takes to get Justice is ok.

So condemning looting is now tantamount to being cool with murder?
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by ScotMisile: 11:59am On May 29, 2020
LordShiva97:

No one is talking about stopping the protests, they have the right to protest if they feel aggrieved. But looting can't be condoned in the name of protests, the looting part is what I have a problem with. The owners of those looted stores are fellow citizens like them, the stores aren't owned by the cops that killed the deceased George Floyd.

And talking about getting the goverment's attention, their plans seems to be working. You might want to check out Trump's tweet about the looting that was censored by Twitter.
When looting happened in Lagos as a reprisal attack against South African investments in Nigeria,I was thoroughly against it....and it was done after several attacks on Nigerians in SA. After wards, even the SA realised their mistake.
But,this murder has been ongoing for years and you expect every to be cool with Government's intended ignorance?.... Anything to attract justice after long-term suffering is ok.
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by LordShiva97(m): 12:01pm On May 29, 2020
ScotMisile:

When looting happened in Lagos as a reprisal attack against South African investments in Nigeria,I was thoroughly against it....and it was done after several attacks on Nigerians in SA. After wards, even the SA realised their mistake.
But,this murder has been ongoing for years and you expect every to be cool with Government's intended ignorance?.... Anything to attract justice after long-term suffering is ok.

So there's no other way to protest without looting innocent people's businesses and means of livelihood?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by ScotMisile: 12:01pm On May 29, 2020
LordShiva97:

So condemning looting is now tantamount to being with murder?

Didn't you offer logic in year one in University?
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by ScotMisile: 12:03pm On May 29, 2020
LordShiva97:

So there's no other way to protest without looting innocent people's businesses and means of livelihood?
They have been protesting,bruv..but this particular murder is sooooo annoying...the guy even at the point of death was loyal.
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by edoairways: 12:05pm On May 29, 2020
ScotMisile:

Don't worry,someone will kill you afyer killing your siblings then you'd understand better.
same with you and your household
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by ScotMisile: 12:10pm On May 29, 2020
edoairways:

same with you and your household
After looting,the killing will come....next time take the argument and not the person.... children on Nairaland
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by thundafire: 12:17pm On May 29, 2020
post=90071882:
These are citizens that cherish themselves to the fullest.
They cherish every lives.

But in our darling country, some dumb heads will first check the name of the person that died to confirm if he is from their region before they can know if to protest the police brutality or not.
Religion and ethnic bigots have taken over our land!

But see blacks and white coming together to fight for a just cause, that even THE PRESIDENT OF AMERICA has no choice but to tell the FBI (few hours ago) to make sure they act IMMEDIATELY on the investigation to this sad and emotional case.

One day, we will get there as a nation.

....Baba 70 lives on......

* Singing *

La la la la

My people self they fear too much
We fear for the thing we no see
We fear for the air around us
We fear to fight for freedom
We fear to fight for liberty
We fear to fight for justice
We fear to fight for happiness
We always get reason to fear:
We no wan die
We no wan wound
We no wan quench
We no wan go
I get one child
Mama dey for house
Papa dey for house
I wan build house
I don build house
I no want quench
I want enjoy
I no wan go
Ah!
So policeman go slap your face
You no go talk
Army man go whip your yansh
You go they look like donkey

Rhodesia they do them own
Our leaders they yab for nothing
South Africa they do them own

Gbamsolutely!

Sure and yes, you are not!
Only sane, reasonable and harworking Nigerians that work legitimately for their money will get there.
Hope you gerrit now?

Addendum : no be Jack Daniels senior man carry steal so?!
Mouth don dry for house dieeeee cheesy smiley cheesy
Na Liquor store be him target cool
didn't u support the hardship country has been facing
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by Cuntface: 12:19pm On May 29, 2020
post=90071882:
These are citizens that cherish themselves to the fullest.
They cherish every lives.

But in our darling country, some dumb heads will first check the name of the person that died to confirm if he is from their region before they can know if to protest the police brutality or not.
Religion and ethnic bigots have taken over our land!

But see blacks and white coming together to fight for a just cause, that even THE PRESIDENT OF AMERICA has no choice but to tell the FBI (few hours ago) to make sure they act IMMEDIATELY on the investigation to this sad and emotional case.

One day, we will get there as a nation.

....Baba 70 lives on......

* Singing *

La la la la

My people self they fear too much
We fear for the thing we no see
We fear for the air around us
We fear to fight for freedom
We fear to fight for liberty
We fear to fight for justice
We fear to fight for happiness
We always get reason to fear:
We no wan die
We no wan wound
We no wan quench
We no wan go
I get one child
Mama dey for house
Papa dey for house
I wan build house
I don build house
I no want quench
I want enjoy
I no wan go
Ah!
So policeman go slap your face
You no go talk
Army man go whip your yansh
You go they look like donkey

Rhodesia they do them own
Our leaders they yab for nothing
South Africa they do them own

Gbamsolutely!

Sure and yes, you are not!
Only sane, reasonable and harworking Nigerians that work legitimately for their money will get there.
Hope you gerrit now?

Addendum : no be Jack Daniels senior man carry steal so?!
Mouth don dry for house dieeeee cheesy smiley cheesy
Na Liquor store be him target cool

For the first time I agree with you. It's just so sad
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by ChristoBam: 12:20pm On May 29, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
I’m not in support of extra judicial killing of any race

Police kill more whites than blacks in US, the officer that killed George Floyed has been dismissed, but he must face the law and sentence appropriately, I’m sure it’ll be done since the president has directed fbi to step in, but it’s sickening blacks can’t engage in peaceful protest, we saw how armed whites protest at Virginia, orderly and peaceful but the same can’t be said bout us... too bad cause this won’t bring back George

Civil disobedience is different from theft, target supermarket employs people of all races, stop justifying rubbish Mr...

Martin Luther king and Malcom X were both leader of the black resistance against racial oppression in the 60s, former supported peaceful protest while the later supports violence protest, we can see the leader with a lasting legacy between the two today

How’s my post self hating? by the way I’m not your darling

Funniest thing is Malcolm X was already embracing the peaceful way and Martin Luther was swerving towards the violent way evident through his rhetorics before his death.

Martin Luther has a lasting legacy today because of the whites supported him. Half of the people in his rallies were white people. The whites control the narratives of everything including matters concerning the negroes.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by edoairways: 12:30pm On May 29, 2020
ScotMisile:

After looting,the killing will come....next time take the argument and not the person.... children on Nairaland
The issue is stealing people's resources. I do not support the brutality however it is insane for those blacks to loot people's properties all in the name of protest. Perhaps you supported Nigerians looting shoprite during the afriphobia saga I suppose?.
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by hahn(m): 12:42pm On May 29, 2020
LordShiva97:

This is exactly what blacks get no respect anywhere.

A fellow black is chocked to death in the streets and all other blacks can think of is how to use the opportunity to steal stuff.

After I saw the video yesterday first thing I said was "there's going to be a lot of looting" and I was right.

Same thing happened after Rodney King got that ass whooping in LA and same thing happens at any other event like this.

Funny enough blacks kill more blacks than white cops can ever hope to but you'll never see black communities protesting enmasse against the crips and bloods and all those senseless gangbanging they have going on on their hoods.

Heck they even create music that promotes killing each other over the dumbest reasons.

For some reason black people worldwide have gotten the understanding of the world upside-down

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by Nobody: 12:46pm On May 29, 2020
JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:
I’m not in support of extra judicial killing of any race

Police kill more whites than blacks in US, the officer that killed George Floyed has been dismissed...but it’s sickening blacks can’t engage in peaceful protest, we saw how armed whites protest at Virginia, orderly and peaceful but the same can’t be said bout us... too bad cause this won’t bring back George

How’s my post self hating? by the way I’m not your darling

The self hate is glaring (check above)
Self hate and mental slavery are doing yo-yo with your mind. Read up structural violence and learn, because I now know I was definitely right when I called you ignorant. Your ignorance is screaming blue murder. It is wailing and this is echoing and reverberating through time, into posterity’s records’ book.

You had (have) to be my darling, because that is the only way I won’t feel like plucking out your eyes darling, for that and this terrible posts of yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 12:49pm On May 29, 2020
merahki:

The self hate is glaring (check above)
Self hate and mental slavery are doing yo-yo with your mind. Read up structural violence and learn, because I now know I was definitely right when I called you ignorant. Your ignorance is screaming blue murder. It is wailing and this is echoing and reverberating through time, into posterity’s records’ book.

You had (have) to be my darling, because that is the only way I won’t feel like plucking out your eyes darling, for that that and this terrible posts of yours.

Abi o yawere what’s my own with plucking out your lineage eyes
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by Babisha10(m): 1:00pm On May 29, 2020
De guy in red must be a Nigerian no doubt....
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by ScotMisile: 1:01pm On May 29, 2020
edoairways:

The issue is stealing people's resources. I do not support the brutality however it is insane for those blacks to loot people's properties all in the name of protest. Perhaps you supported Nigerians looting shoprite during the afriphobia saga I suppose?.
Hehehehehe...I don't need to prove nuts to you...
However, I never supported that
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by LordShiva97(m): 1:08pm On May 29, 2020
ScotMisile:

They have been protesting,bruv..but this particular murder is sooooo annoying...the guy even at the point of death was loyal.

You haven't answered my question.
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by ScotMisile: 1:13pm On May 29, 2020
LordShiva97:

You haven't answered my question.
And by whose authority must I answer your question?
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by LordShiva97(m): 1:16pm On May 29, 2020
ScotMisile:

And by whose authority must I answer your question?

I never said that you must answer my question, actually, you don't have to. Keeping quiet is better than repeatedly shooting yourself in the foot.
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by 12inchess: 1:25pm On May 29, 2020
Don't be deceived that part of town is probably more white dominated so you can see more blacks there and looting but there are videos of whites looting as well. How long will it take the Police to atleast arrest the officer that knelt on George Floyd's neck and killed on camera and in broad daylight while passersby where begging him to atleast stop hurting the man. I dare say u. They should keep protesting till the govt reacts.

PS:The comments here are simply a testament of the conditioning by the west and ignorance of the dehumanization of blacks and people of African race all over the world through media, govt policies etc and this has gone on for far too long. FAR TOO LONG.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by uuzba(m): 1:26pm On May 29, 2020
Nuel4:
black Americans hate Africa. They believe we don't have enough food to eat and we are corrupt, thieves, scammers etc.
That's very biased of them.
They that have learnt science and technology from whitemen, why can't they come and do for us?
Now they are there in America receiving beating and concking on their head from white racist men. And now we should cry for them.
They better pack their load and come here while we still have accomodation for them.
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by ScotMisile: 1:37pm On May 29, 2020
LordShiva97:

I never said that you must answer my question, actually, you don't have to. Keeping quiet is better than repeatedly shooting yourself in the foot.
Hehehehe...ok....now can you be yourself and keep your mind and thought to yasef?....am a busy fella
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by LordShiva97(m): 1:44pm On May 29, 2020
ScotMisile:

Didn't you offer logic in year one in University?

I'm yet to go to college,
judging by your arguments though, I got the impression that you didn't pay enough attention in your freshman year logic class.
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by ScotMisile: 1:48pm On May 29, 2020
LordShiva97:

undecided undecided undecided
A NIGERIAN has also been murdered by jungle Justice in India. I hope that is also kool.?

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by fortran12: 1:51pm On May 29, 2020
ScotMisile:

Which if the wrongs the first murder or the second or the third or the fourth... just one time looting by a fedup black community and you are defending cooperate murder from your keypads I NIGERIA.
You mean one time looting by thieves that will render hundreds jobless.stop making excuses. Whats wrong is wrong
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by ScotMisile: 1:54pm On May 29, 2020
fortran12:

You mean one time looting by thieves that will render hundreds jobless.stop making excuses. Whats wrong is wrong
Just like denied justice Justice is right.
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by LordShiva97(m): 2:04pm On May 29, 2020
ScotMisile:

A NIGERIAN has also been murdered by jungle Justice in India. I hope that is also kool.?

Is it that you misunderstood me or are you intentionally being insufferable?
Where did I state that murder is cool?
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by CAUSTIC002: 2:05pm On May 29, 2020
Blackman na blackman anywhere in the world, smh
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by abbey621(m): 2:08pm On May 29, 2020
chuxyfranklin:

You're shifting the goal post already.

It's easy to dream a dream but so much harder to live it.
Re: George Floyd: Minneapolis In Chaos As Shops Are Looted And Burnt (video) by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 29, 2020
uuzba:

That's very biased of them.
They that have learnt science and technology from whitemen, why can't they come and do for us?
Now they are there in America receiving beating and concking on their head from white racist men. And now we should cry for them.
They better pack their load and come here while we still have accomodation for them.
they won't. There are even a few ones here on Nairaland. They don't waste time before shiitting on Nigeria, telling you how corrupt and criminal minded we are. They are the same everywhere even on Twitter. Just disagree with them or have a little personal banter with them they'll start berating your country. They're hypocrites. They accuse whites of white supremacy yet they feel they are superior to Africans living in Africa because they live in a better country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Wife Stabs Husband To Death In Oyo Over Sexual Demand (pic) / Fresh Human Head Lying Along The Road In Orlu Imo State (Disturbing Photos) / Suspected Homosexuals Arrested In Borno For Planning Gay Wedding In Borno (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.