Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,971 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? (31885 Views)

My Neighbour Is Connecting To My Generator!! / My Neighbour Has Not Been Paying Light Bill Since January / How Do I Deal With My Landlord? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by Ochuksbaba(m): 4:32pm On May 30, 2020
Greensquard:
Mtcheeww all this face me i slap u compound arrangememt..better upgrade and leave that poverty striken area,i really can understand how able bodied young men who are enlightened enough to operate a smart phone and browse the internet to be broke and living in poverty in the year 2020,gosh with all the opportunities on the internet?smh..very soon she will acuse u of rape

U will never make heaven I swear,, Savage but the pure truth
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by mordred44: 4:42pm On May 30, 2020
Dis story na line by line
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 30, 2020
Do you have good reputation within and outside your domain?
Do you remotely think your good reputation has been injured by the gossip? You have no case here.
Do you remotely think your good reputation has been injured by an y assumed slanderous talk? You have a case here if your neighbors in question have money.
We can proceed, if you give convincing answers to my questions.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by Bestvicky16(f): 6:18pm On May 30, 2020
chatinent:
Hello fam,
I'll be brief as possible.

Few weeks ago, I had a little misunderstanding with my landlady or should I just say my landlady just wanted an issue with me. Because everyone knew I didn't nothing wrong.

There's this woman in the same neighbourhood. I know her to have a Doctorate degree in gossiping, backstabbing, and hypocrisy. There's another cohort of hers who she feeds with her gossip; the latter is more dangerous in the tongue. Well, I blame it on unemployment. Both husbands turned them to full students and workers of UNIHOME Ltd.

Immediately after my landlord left that day, the woman came and asked me what happened. I just told her nothing was actually wrong, because I knew she wasn't any confidant! She responded: 'emm, you know how the landlady behaves like a witch, just ignore her,' then she left.

So surprisingly, I discovered this same woman went to the landlady and lampooned me too. In fact, her actions became more visible to me that her smiles and all that towards me was all greeks bearing gifts.

I couldn't tolerant such hypocrisy. Unfortunately for her, it backfired and everyone knew who she really was. She was also given fair hearing but the truth couldn't be dinted. Landlady later knew about her hypocrisy and judasic nature. This is the same woman I do help and her kids (because they attended a school I worked in), as her husband was ...should I say incompetent? Maybe, lazy.

Now the issue is she has been slandering me, lying to people and exchanging the role she played in the problem as though I scripted it against her and for favours.

How do I deal with this legally, please?

I can relate my dear, just ignore her and pack out if you have the means.
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by studentofTruth: 6:20pm On May 30, 2020
J111333:
If you had minded your business in that your apartment from day one, there won't be this thread today. undecided

It doesn't always work that way. I just realized that if you mind your business, you become everyone's business!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by studentofTruth: 6:24pm On May 30, 2020
Kobicove:

Most instances where people misquote you starts from something you said.

You are also a gossip yourself.

If you keep your mouth shut and mind your own business you make it impossible for other people to misquote you! undecided

When people accuse you of fraud — not saying it to your face but gossip among themselves. Then you display what you do, and they get more bitter nko? You haven't seen where an introvert's gentleness becomes everyone's business!
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by studentofTruth: 6:28pm On May 30, 2020
Ablyz:
Now the issue is she has been slandering me, lying to people and exchanging the role she played in the problem as though I scripted it against her and for favours. How do I deal with this legally, please?

1.Understand What Slander Is First and foremost, make sure that you know the definitive difference between slander and gossip that’s simply getting out of hand.
2. Prevent, Rather than Cure never get into any troubles
3. Try to Address the Issue Yourself The steps you’ll take will depend on the seriousness of what’s being said about you and how far and fast it’s spreading, but it’s wise to try tackling the issue yourself first.
4.if she persits,involved the legal authorithies
There are times when you mind your business, and they will still find you come.
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by Legendguru: 6:52pm On May 30, 2020
MInd your business
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by redsun(m): 7:08pm On May 30, 2020
Legendguru:
MInd your business

The best thing to do in a prison situation like living together in yards and block of flats. No talking to.
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 30, 2020
If u really want to avoid problem anywhere u have an apartment be it an estate or face me I face u just avoid friendship with neighbors and be nice from a far.
Op there are so much problem already in Nigeria so just forget and mind ur business.
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 30, 2020
Aystarz:

Too many frustrated sickos on NL who think they know anything. That's why I don't bring my personal issues here. The site is notoriously the most toxic place on the Internet.!

I thought I was the only one on this.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by MayenKudi: 8:13pm On May 30, 2020
just learn to ignore and mind your business, better still subcribe to a plan on Airtel Me2U by dailing *432# so you can get enough data and keep yourself busy online.
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by hilfinity(m): 8:22pm On May 30, 2020
Bluehill1051:
Even u OP have problem. Which one be all this lines for? Are u stupid?! Who wants ur lines. Do something straight, simple and consise, you're drawing lines. That is why the lady is looking at u as a dundy!

Bros u wicked die grin

U no get chill at all, cos u for just ignore the lines n contribute ur quota, if at all say u get one o.
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by Coolabbie: 9:13pm On May 30, 2020
drmikeadams:

Ignore her. If u love smoking. Just smoke away ur sorrows
grin grin I am fed up of Nairalanders grin
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by drmikeadams(m): 10:05pm On May 30, 2020
Coolabbie:
grin grin I am fed up of Nairalanders grin
grin cheesy[

girls come and go but my smoke never ever left me for one day grin grin
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by ume1000: 10:58pm On May 30, 2020
J111333:
If you had minded your business in that your apartment from day one, there won't be this thread today. undecided
mind his business

Is he an alien
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by Idoko619(m): 5:47am On May 31, 2020
Greensquard:
Mtcheeww all this face me i slap u compound arrangememt..better upgrade and leave that poverty striken area,i really cant understand how able bodied young men who are enlightened enough to operate a smart phone and browse the internet to be broke and living in poverty in the year 2020,gosh with all the opportunities on the internet?smh..very soon she will acuse u of rape

If you wouldnt mind, can you put someone through some workable once.
I'd be happy to hear from you.
Thanks
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by themaestro08(m): 6:30am On May 31, 2020
Greensquard:
Mtcheeww all this face me i slap u compound arrangememt..better upgrade and leave that poverty striken area. [/b] i really cant understand how able bodied young men who are enlightened enough to operate a smart phone and browse the internet to be broke and living in poverty in the year 2020, [b] gosh with all the opportunities on the internet?smh..very soon she will acuse u of rape

It ain't our fault bro. That said, show boys the way na

1 Like

Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by hermesprogidy(m): 7:27am On May 31, 2020
yvelchstores:
For a man, you are very petty. What is your issue now? Don't you know how to ignore people that don't deserve your attention This is bizarre.
You made sense, but for your opening words. So are women allowed to be petty?
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by kwencypresh(f): 7:59am On May 31, 2020
chatinent:
Hello fam,

Few weeks ago, I had a little misunderstanding with my landlady or should I just say my landlady just wanted an issue with me. Because everyone knew I didn't nothing wrong.

There's this woman in the same neighbourhood. I know her to have a Doctorate degree in gossiping, backstabbing, and hypocrisy. There's another cohort of hers who she feeds with her gossip; the latter is more dangerous in the tongue. Well, I blame it on unemployment. Both husbands turned them to full students and workers of UNIHOME Ltd.

Immediately after my landlord left that day, the woman came and asked me what happened. I just told her nothing was actually wrong, because I knew she wasn't any confidant! She responded: 'emm, you know how the landlady behaves like a witch, just ignore her,' then she left.

So surprisingly, I discovered this same woman went to the landlady and lampooned me too. In fact, her actions became more visible to me that her smiles and all that towards me was all greeks bearing gifts.

I couldn't tolerant such hypocrisy. Unfortunately for her, it backfired and everyone knew who she really was. She was also given fair hearing but the truth couldn't be dinted. Landlady later knew about her hypocrisy and judasic nature. This is the same woman I do help and her kids (because they attended a school I worked in), as her husband was ...should I say incompetent? Maybe, lazy.

I used to live with such tenant.. mama blessing, an ukwale woman.. very devilish, she ll smile at you, collect stuffs from u and still back stab u.. she was d main reason I packed out.
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by Asquare84(m): 8:02am On May 31, 2020
I have such people in my neighborhood, you Waka pass they will tend you as a person that raise shoulder and you feel too big to associate with people. I mean this are women selling kuno and zobo drink in flask , and some of them sell fried chin chin old woman for that matter, even greetings don't join me and them. I hate gossips once I noticed you are a gossiper I avoid your way.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by MrJavaS: 8:33am On May 31, 2020
chatinent:
Hello fam,

Now the issue is she has been slandering me, lying to people and exchanging the role she played in the problem as though I scripted it against her and for favours.

Envy plays a role. But mind your business and keep your mouth shut
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by Offpoint: 11:10am On May 31, 2020
Greensquard:
I'm interested in your signature please
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by yvelchstores(f): 11:16am On May 31, 2020
hermesprogidy:

You made sense, but for your opening words. So are women allowed to be petty?
no one should be petty. I said that because it's predominantly women that exhibit this trait

1 Like

Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by hermesprogidy(m): 12:23pm On May 31, 2020
yvelchstores:
no one should be petty. I said that because it's predominantly women that exhibit this trait
Are you asserting this from research or archetypal anecdotes? If you ask me, I have met pettier men than women. Just saying.
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by Thinee(m): 12:27pm On May 31, 2020
Greensquard:
Mtcheeww all this face me i slap u compound arrangememt..better upgrade and leave that poverty striken area,i really cant understand how able bodied young men who are enlightened enough to operate a smart phone and browse the internet to be broke and living in poverty in the year 2020,gosh with all the opportunities on the internet?smh..very soon she will acuse u of rape

Would like to link up with you also bro....my WhatsApp digit 08126759990
Please
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by GoldHorse(m): 1:01pm On May 31, 2020
... it backfired and everyone knew who she really was...

You wrote the above, didn't you?!!! So what else are you worried about?!
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by MichelleObama: 1:36pm On May 31, 2020

Try as much as possible to stay away from the toxic woman or man and make sure you maintain your chastity and integrity

Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by yvelchstores(f): 6:23pm On May 31, 2020
hermesprogidy:

Are you asserting this from research or archetypal anecdotes? If you ask me, I have met pettier men than women. Just saying.
my bases are on personal experience however is not a benchmark for any conclusions.
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by KoolBigk(m): 8:14pm On Jun 01, 2020
&& what is your point again?
Welp, let me see if anyone would understand this write up enough to give you an advice. Ire oo!
Re: How Can I Please Deal With A Slanderous Neighbour? by Uchenna10(m): 10:05am On Dec 14, 2023
[quote author=Quality20 post=90114029]file a case of defamation of character in a court of law against her as soon as possible and make a claim of #5 million[/quote

Is there any evidence needed b4 going to court?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maryland Complex Under Construction Collapsed Yesterday In Lagos / Apartments To Let In Abeokuta, Ogun State (Kindly Note the Prices have Changed) / 3 Storey Building Collapses In Lagos Island This Morning. Residents Trapped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.