Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,306 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* - Phones (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* (49375 Views)

Xiaomi Compilation Thread Updated / Infinix Hot 6 Pro X608 Official Discussion Thread / ***** Infinix Discussion Thread ***** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by Nobody: 11:27am On Jun 07, 2020
Mustiboy:

Well, I care a lot about reopening of the former thread. You don't seem to understand how much of a help the thread renders to the Xiaomi movement. No one would see an over-7000-page thread and not be tempted to open it. That's where the conversion begins.

The only thread that has more pages than the Xiaomi on the entire Nairaland is the Super Eagles thread.

Maybe you should visit the Chelsea thread cheesy

2 Likes

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by dasanchez1(m): 11:30am On Jun 07, 2020
gidieberry:
you will decide if it's okay or not after hearing this, you can't get redmi 8 4/64gb for local store for anything less than 55k, that is if you see it self. Now ans yourself, if that redmi note 7 is worth it or not?
I got Redmi note 7 at 55k from you is the best deal I have seen .. thanks for that deal and Jboixxx come supplement it with WSD OTG DRIVE 3.0 ( 4 MONTHS OF USE STILL WORKING AS IF I GOT IT YESTERDAY).

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by drake49(m): 11:48am On Jun 07, 2020
naijasensei:

Did you share your hotspot with a Windows 10 device? That data usage might have been caused by automatic Windows Updates.

Instagram, data consumer, nothing new here. As for Whatsapp, make sure your phone is not automatically downloading people's Status updates and videos people post.
yes... Windows 10..how can i stop that? I now allocate 300mb anytime I wana use the system and it doesn't last 15 minutes.. So i have stopped using it on system
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by Jemerson: 11:51am On Jun 07, 2020
drake49:
yes... Windows 10..how can i stop that? I now allocate 300mb anytime I wana use the system and it doesn't last 15 minutes.. So i have stopped using it on system

Google how to disable windows update service
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by LehreMi: 11:55am On Jun 07, 2020
Download netlimiter from getintopc, it's free and easy to navigate. With that, you can limit or even block unecassary softwares from using data
drake49:
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by freeAgent99(m): 11:58am On Jun 07, 2020
OlaSnr:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

I greet my Ogas them

@jboixxx @genius43 @grandmufti @busuyi44 @olayinkajnr.

I'm really enjoying my Redmi 7 with custom miui 11 on Xiaomi.eu

Senior man...

I salute you! grin
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by Bahddo(m): 12:00pm On Jun 07, 2020
naijasensei:

Thank you for helping to resurrect the Compilation thread.
that one na you and Jboixxx na. Thank you for that post jor. Couldn't have put it any better. In the end, Nairaland thread size isn't what makes Xiaomi a great brand. We move.

I'm just waiting to grab my device so I can pepper them cheesy

1 Like

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by Alfred234(m): 12:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
festwiz:

If you can, get the DualShock 4 controller (PS4) it works effortlessly on the Redmi Note 7, should work well on others. Make sure it's original as well. All you need to do is Bluetooth pair and you're good to go. Works on CoD Mobile with little input lag.

You can also try some of the IPEGA controllers but I haven't used those to verify how good they are.
Alright thanks. I'll check Jumia to compare their prices
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by gidieberry(m): 12:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
dasanchez1:
I got Redmi note 7 at 55k from you is the best deal I have seen .. thanks for that deal and Jboixxx come supplement it with WSD OTG DRIVE 3.0 ( 4 MONTHS OF USE STILL WORKING AS IF I GOT IT YESTERDAY).
na this kind testimony dey give man joy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by Alfred234(m): 12:06pm On Jun 07, 2020
Tolu95:

If you can get xbox one pad. It is a little bit expensive but it worth it. It works well
I will check it out. Thanks
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by festwiz(m): 12:21pm On Jun 07, 2020
drake49:

Your data consumption is well defined right there.
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by dasanchez1(m): 12:22pm On Jun 07, 2020
gidieberry:
na this kind testimony dey give man joy
grin grin grin Well done jare
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by naijasensei: 12:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
drake49:
**Updated**

There are two ways you can stop it.
Method 1 - make your WIFI connection a "metered connection", in your Settings when you click on a wireless connection you can set it to a metered connection.
Method 2 - this one is a little more involved, you will have to diasble the Windows Update service from performing updates automatically. Instead it would check for updates and ask if you want to install them.
https :// www. windowscentral .com/how-stop-updates-installing-automatically-windows-10?amp
Remove the spaces.

1 Like

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by busuyi44: 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2020
OlaSnr:
grin grin grin grin grin grin

I greet my Ogas them

@jbo. ixxx @ge. nius43 @grand. mufti @busuyi44 @olayin. kajnr.

I'm really enjoying my Redmi 7 with custom miui 11 on Xiaomi.eu

Ìró ni nwọn pá.. U r unstoppable
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by J0nyb0y(m): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2020
You can still read the contents of the old Xiaomi thread here but cant just reply to it
https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by genius43(m): 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
J0nyb0y:
You can still read the contents of the old Xiaomi thread here but cant just reply to it
https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread

Re-opened
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by drake49(m): 1:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
naijasensei:

**Updated**

Method 1 - make your WIFI connection a "metered connection", in your Settings when you click on a wireless connection you can set it to a metered connection.
Method 2 - this one is a little more involved, you will have to diasble the Windows Update service from performing updates automatically. Instead it would check for updates and ask if you want to install them.
https :// www. windowscentral .com/how-stop-updates-installing-automatically-windows-10?amp
Remove the spaces.
thanks for this
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by jboixxx: 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
Bahddo:
that one na you and Jboixxx na. Thank you for that post jor. Couldn't have put it any better. In the end, Nairaland thread size isn't what makes Xiaomi a great brand. We move.

I'm just waiting to grab my device so I can pepper them cheesy
Boss, na you ginger my swagger o. You helped the movement by simplifying the process of the recovery. Kudos.
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by Bahddo(m): 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
jboixxx:
Boss, na you ginger my swagger o. You helped the movement by simplifying the process of the recovery. Kudos.
dem don even open the other thread grin
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by jboixxx: 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2020
naijasensei:

**Updated**

Remove the spaces.
I disabled my Windows Update service totally. Anytime I need to update, will reactivate it.

1 Like

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by happy662(m): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
festwiz:

You have very poor network reception and if you're using heavy customisations on your phone, you need to reduce them.
change to airtel network
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by jboixxx: 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
Bahddo:
dem don even open the other thread grin
So I read....defeat no sweet na.

1 Like

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by oxygenlove(m): 2:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
NA SO THIS THREAD GO HIBERNATE?
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by boblawson(m): 3:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
Good afternoon xiaomites please I need your help.
I have been using mi max2 for almost 3years now and i must say thank you guys for introducing me to this awesome device.
Recently I started having battery issues,my SOT droped to 4-5hours and I had to change my battery last week but there's no much difference from the former.i now get 5-6hr SOT with the new battery.When my phone reaches 40-39% after usage,it begins to drain like tap till it gets to 5,3,2 and stop and when I charge it starts counting from 2-75% within 1min. Since I bought the phone,I haven't updated it to the latest miui version before changing the battery.After changing the battery recently I updated it to miui 11, thinking the battery issue will be solved but no way.
please what should I do to stop this.
Thanks
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by boblawson(m): 3:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by Jemerson: 3:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
boblawson:
Good afternoon xiaomites please I need your help.
I have been using mi max2 for almost 3years now and i must say thank you guys for introducing me to this awesome device.
Recently I started having battery issues,my SOT droped to 4-5hours and I had to change my battery last week but there's no much difference from the former.i now get 5-6hr SOT with the new battery.When my phone reaches 40-39% after usage,it begins to drain like tap till it gets to 5,3,2 and stop and when I charge it starts counting from 2-75% within 1min. Since I bought the phone,I haven't updated it to the latest miui version before changing the battery.After changing the battery recently I updated it to miui 11, thinking the battery issue will be solved but no way.
please what should I do to stop this.
Thanks

Screenshot your app battery usage and screen battery usage
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by boblawson(m): 3:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
Jemerson:

Screenshot your app battery usage and screen battery usage
Even though I don't use the phone the battery will still drain gradually

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by Mustiboy(m): 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
Move your inquiries, compliants, arguments, testimonies, etc., to the old thread. It is now open.

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by Nellsworld(m): 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
LehreMi:
What's up guys. I complained about battery drain issues on my RN8 pro when I bought it a week ago. Fast forward to about 3 days ago , I upgraded it to Android 10 and since then, I've seen drastic improvements. Although I now use Wi-Fi mostly now which also helps improve battery optimisation.

I have a quick question though;

Is there a way to stop android system from consuming so much power?
Pictures below
Ur network is bad
Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by boblawson(m): 3:10pm On Jun 07, 2020
boblawson:

Even though I don't use the phone the battery will still drain gradually

Re: XIAOMI Discussion Thread [updated]* by genius43(m): 3:15pm On Jun 07, 2020
[quote author=boblawson post=90409067][/quote]

Your network is also a culprit. I don't know what it is with people not updating their phones as at when due. Battery depreciates and if the battery you bought date of production is old, the battery life will also not be good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (53) (Reply)

Lady Calls Out Man On Facebook Who Won't Stop Stalking Her Over Her Dressing / Nokia Phone Saves Owner's Life By Stopping A Bullet (photos) / Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.