Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:38 PM

Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? (28808 Views)

Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair? / Can You Be A Politician And Still Be A Genuine Christian / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by triplechoice(m): 10:57am On May 31, 2020
A Christian is not suppose to be a billionaire whether through the cutting of corners or hard work

To become a billionaire or be regarded as one you need to hoard wealth.

And it is difficult to hoard wealth when you have lots of poor people around you

Also a billionaire seeks security from his wealth instead of God.

It is due to the above reasons Jesus told the rich Man to sell all his property and give to the poor .

But the rich man was unablet do so because he trusted more in his wealth which he can see than in a God he cannot see and wasn't ready to let go of what gives him security.

And so according to the Bible, it is easier for a camel ..................
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by rhames(m): 11:00am On May 31, 2020
Vanderandrew:
Can a genuine Christian become a billionaire without cutting corners, engaging in shady deals, following the world system, selling his soul to the devil for wealth.

Remember we are not of this world and we must not crave for the things of this world. Even Satan tried to tempt Jesus saying if He bow to him, he will give him the kingdoms of this world but Jesus replied Satan with it is written, thou shalt worship the Lord your God and only him shall thou serve. (Luke 4:cool

We may claim there are Christian billionaires but you don't know how they got their wealth, you don't know whether they cut corners or engage in shady deals, corruption, cocaine business, kidnapping to acquire their wealth.

Anyone can be rich and become a billionaire. Religion is not a hindrance to your ambitions on life. Religion is only against you making those billions in a wrong way and not giving back something in rememberance of our Creator. If religion is against you being rich, there were prophet-kings in the Bible and Quran. King Solomon was a prophet and a very very rich and probably the richest King of Israel till date. His story in the the scriptures is a great lesson in wealth creation and consolidation. He used his wealth for his people. It also applied to individuals who have done same. What it requires is that you pay tithe on that wealth each passing year.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Gee64: 11:00am On May 31, 2020
What does it profitable a Man to gain the whole world and lost his soul?

A rich man loses all hope of being in God's Kingdom except he returns all he acquired illegitimately
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Chirowman(m): 11:00am On May 31, 2020
why not ,when i become a billionaire first let me hear someone tell me that am not a christian.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by BafanaBafana: 11:01am On May 31, 2020
More like being a shark and not eating other fishes
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Gee64: 11:02am On May 31, 2020
Lost paradise
sapientia:
Hehehehehe

Oyedepo
Adeboye
Chris Jerry curl

Etc

Come and answer ooo
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Hypnotise: 11:02am On May 31, 2020
It's only God that maketh rich and adds no sorrow to it. Thank you Lord for making me a billionaire.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by ThothHermes: 11:03am On May 31, 2020
executive12:

Not possible in Nigeria. Nigeria as a country, is a huge criminal enterprise. If you want to stay upright and follow strict Christian principles in Nigeria, just forget about being wealthy.
You can be a Christian and get wealthy in Nigeria, but you can't be a genuine Christian and get wealthy in Nigeria.
This is a big lie. There are principles guiding wealth and prosperity from the Bible. There is an exactitude to genuine wealth with terms attached. In fact, one of terms is that you do away with financial misconduct of any kind.
Job 22: 23-24

Bishop Oyedepo, Pastor Chris, Pastor Ibiyeomie and others know and practice these principles that's why they are so rich. There's a covenant of wealth for interested believers.
Deuteronomy 8:18.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 11:03am On May 31, 2020
triplechoice:

A Christian is not suppose to be a billionaire whether through the cutting of corners or hard work

And it is difficult to hoard wealth when you have lots of poor around you

It is due to the above reasons Jesus told the rich Man to sell all his property and give to the poor .

But the rich man was unablet do so because he trusted more in his wealth which he can see than in a God he cannot see and wasn't ready to let go of what gives him security.

You don't hoard money to become a billionaire,you create value that is calculated to have exceeded a billion.
Nigeria is not only poor monetarily but we have a poverty mentality just like the African Americans still have a slavery mentality.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 11:03am On May 31, 2020
bukatyne:
Had this discussion with some friends a while back.

And it keeps popping up.

Can a genuine Christian be a billionaire?

Hmm.

Can genuine Christians be rich? Very rich? Wealthy?

O yes!

The richest man in Africa type?

I don't know.
Why not, most Rich people I know are quite geniune with their religion.Infact making money is a spiritual exercise,you need divine wisdom to navigate the murky waters of business.Remember Peter he was fishing all day,sweating it out until Master Jesus appears at the scene.Even Africa Richest man still
wakes up at 5am to pray ,goes on Sabattical on his Yacht to fast for days,little wonder he is one of God's favorite pikin.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 11:04am On May 31, 2020
triplechoice:

And it is difficult to hoard wealth when you have lots of poor around you

You don't hoard money to become a billionaire,you create value that is calculated to have exceeded a billion.
Nigeria is not only poor monetarily but we have a poverty mentality just like the African Americans still have a slavery mentality.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 11:05am On May 31, 2020
kushe:
There are two extremes in Christianity about wealth,the evangelicals who go on and on about prosperity and the conservatives who equate holiness to poverty and extreme modesty.
The right thing however is balance following the instruction to seek first God's kingdom in sincerity of purpose and not because you hope to get something.
Being a billionaire is usually borne out of creating value, monetizing the value created and being able to scale it several times.So anybody can be a billionaire including a Christian,but a Christian with no value to give the world can never become a billionaire but he can remain a dreamer.

Those nice Christian principles you listed up there will serve one well in a normal society, but not in a criminal enterprise like Nigeria.
When I think about the billionaires we have in Nigeria, I don't know of any of them I can associate with those Christian principles.
T. Y. Danjuma told us about how he suddenly became a billionaire by being awarded an oil Block. Same situation with Mrs Alakija. I wonder what values these lucky Nigerian looters created to make them billionaires.
Same story with the likes of Emeka Offor, Andy Ubah and many others.

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by myfan: 11:05am On May 31, 2020
MicheyJ1:
Waiting for Islamabad people to comment when we are not allowed to comment on their threads.

Seun and his team must be insane to put that injunction against Christians and none against Muslims.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 11:08am On May 31, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
He was the reason antitrust law was made. He had monopoly and in a court case after 444 witnesses and 12000 pages of testimony, his company was found culpable in kickbacks, political bribery, predatory pricing and when all failed, outright intimidation..

There goes your christian who went to church every sunday and donated to charity. Philanthropy and attending church services shouldn't be the hallmark of christianity.

Do you guys ever learn? It must always come down to money.

/

Thank you for the information. Rockefeller was one of the 'robber barons' of his time.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by saajus: 11:09am On May 31, 2020
They are in Naira. I think the post is referring to Dollar cos all pictures displayed are Billionaires in $
Morray:
I can sight Rozz viewing grin. The girl with no head

Oyedepo,ibiyomie,oyakhilome,Suleiman et al are all billionaires

I still buy fairly used iPhones from 7+ up
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by unikprince(m): 11:09am On May 31, 2020
There are genuine Christian billionaires, however I'm gonna be among them soon.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 11:09am On May 31, 2020
ThothHermes:
This is a big lie. There are principles guiding wealth and prosperity from the Bible. There is an exactitude to genuine wealth with terms attached. In fact, one of terms is that you do away with financial misconduct of any kind.
Job 22: 23-24

Bishop Oyedepo, Pastor Chris, Pastor Ibiyeomie and others know and practice these principles that's why they are so rich. There's a covenant of wealth for interested believers.
Deuteronomy 8:18.

I think it is extemely charitable to leave out pastors names when talking about billionaires.
What businesses do they run?Should young people desire to be pastors so they can be rich?
The wealth attributed to pastors in Nigeria to me is an aberration.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by sunshineV(f): 11:10am On May 31, 2020
Adex2442:
Why not??

Look at king Solomon,

Who's that? A fictional character?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by unikprince(m): 11:10am On May 31, 2020
[1quote author=Morray post=90149466]I can sight Rozz viewing grin. The girl with no head

Oyedepo,ibiyomie,oyakhilome,Suleiman et al are all billionaires

I still buy fairly used iPhones from 7+ up[/quote]
How are u sure those people u mentioned are genuine Christians?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 11:10am On May 31, 2020
Mires:
I know a Christian who's a billionaire through owning bet9ja shops.

The op is talking about GENUINE Christians.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 11:13am On May 31, 2020
executive12:

Thank you for the information. Rockefeller was one of the 'robber barons' of his time.

He was still a Christian even though he was accused of all the wrongs.
That was classic business strategy in their day,we know better now cos there are outright rules that say you can't do that.Back then weaker competitors were fair game.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 11:13am On May 31, 2020
LordKO:

I don't do name-dropping.

I hear you. You can not drop names that don't exist of course.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Mires: 11:15am On May 31, 2020
executive12:

The op is talking about GENUINE Christians.

So one who owns bet9ja shops is not a true Christian? Please expatiate
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 11:17am On May 31, 2020
grandstar:

I never knew he was a generous and kind soul except when dealing with competition of course.

Generous and kind He was an unscrupulous businessman. That's why the government had to forcefully break up his Standard Oil into what today became Exxon, Mobil, Chevron.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by tete7000(m): 11:17am On May 31, 2020
Vanderandrew:
Can a genuine Christian become a billionaire without cutting corners, engaging in shady deals, following the world system, selling his soul to the devil for wealth.

Remember we are not of this world and we must not crave for the things of this world. Even Satan tried to tempt Jesus saying if He bow to him, he will give him the kingdoms of this world but Jesus replied Satan with it is written, thou shalt worship the Lord your God and only him shall thou serve. (Luke 4:cool

We may claim there are Christian billionaires but you don't know how they got their wealth, you don't know whether they cut corners or engage in shady deals, corruption, cocaine business, kidnapping to acquire their wealth.

Why not? Just like that will now place a heavy burden on him, because to whom much is give, much is expected. With his riches, he will strive everyday to use it to serve God and humanity, else the wealth becomes an obstacle to his salvation.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by BABANGBALI: 11:17am On May 31, 2020
executive12:

The op did not say Christians. He said genuine Christians.
are they not geniune Christians?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by dejaiiro(m): 11:20am On May 31, 2020
It is very possible, there are principles that govern this life we live in, and it has nothing to do with religion. It's sad that most billionaires engaged in shady things to acquire their wealth.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by ThothHermes: 11:21am On May 31, 2020
kushe:

I think it is extemely charitable to leave out pastors names when talking about billionaires.
Why?
What businesses do they run?
The legitimate work of your hands will be blessed when you engage the principles. Pastoring is a job. Why do you expect people to be buying and selling something before making money? What do motivational speakers sell?
Should young people desire to be pastors so they can be rich?
Nobody can choose to be a pastor. You are called into it. That's why there are many failed pastors. You would agree with me that there are more failed preachers than successful ones no?
The wealth attributed to pastors in Nigeria to me is an aberration.
How so?
He died poor that we might be rich is in the bible no?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 11:23am On May 31, 2020
executive12:

I hear you. You can not drop names that don't exist of course.
I can see you came prepared for this thread.
Are you a genuine Christian?
If you are,by your own theory it is impossible for you to become a billionaire except you live abroad which makes it even worse.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 11:23am On May 31, 2020
Kay25:
Yes a genuine Christian can be a billionaire even in this country I have seen quite a number .If you go back to the scripture what class would you put Joseph? that pratically took control of Egypt and the world.if you have a good idea or innovation that the world can buy of why won't u reap the wealth of the gentiles?

You have seen quite a number of genuine Christian billionaires in Nigeria? Wow! Please let us have some of the names if you don't mind, and also let us know how they got to become billionaires.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by myfan: 11:26am On May 31, 2020
Ucee1999:

Bishop David Oyedepo's life is an example of a genuine Christian billionaire.

Don't say what you don't know bro. You have no idea what he may've delved his hands into when you were not there.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 11:28am On May 31, 2020
ThothHermes:
Why?
The legitimate work of your hands will be blessed when you engage the principles. Pastoring is a job. Why do you expect people to be buying and selling something before making money? What do motivational speakers sell? Nobody can choose to be a pastor. You are called into it. That's why there are many failed pastors. You would agree with me that there are more failed preachers than successful ones no?
How so?
He died poor that we might be rich is in the bible no?

I am a Christian who will never make sense of churches thriving in the midst of abject poverty,that is the aberration.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Church Members Give Their Offerings At The Feet Of Their Pastor In Ghana (Video) / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business? / Reno Omokri Visits Cappadocia Caves Where Christians Hid From Persecution

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.