Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,567 members, 7,812,836 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? (28805 Views)

Can A Genuine Christian Guy Plait His Hair? / Can You Be A Politician And Still Be A Genuine Christian / Can A Genuine Christian Be A Nigerian Politician? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 10:17am On May 31, 2020
Henri8:
Are billionaire pastors Oyedepo, Adeboye and Oyakihlome not genuine christains?

What he meant is a genuine christain billionaire
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 10:19am On May 31, 2020
Imustsurvive:
I have never seen a honest man like my father, I serious believer , he never tell lies but any reward for that? No!!

Nigeria is a huge criminal enterprise. It's very difficult for honest people to thrive in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 10:19am On May 31, 2020
Yonce:

Poverty is not a mindset.
Poverty is many people's reality.
Poverty is what many disadvantaged individuals are born into.
Poverty is what said individuals try their best to escape.
Poverty is the result of a failed system designed to keep the disadvantaged. . . disadvantaged so the children of the elite who benefit from the system don't have to compete for opportunities.

Poverty is not a mindset, it is an inescapable reality for many of the world's population.
So how come most billionaires come from nothing?
There are poor people in America,in Canada,in Australia and even in Norway.
My sister, poverty is a mind thing.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Inda2020: 10:19am On May 31, 2020
Sham religion
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Henri8: 10:20am On May 31, 2020
Lonemirage:

What he meant is a genuine christain billionaire
Are we not saying the same thing?
The pastors are billionaires na or are they not genuine?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Exmilitant(m): 10:21am On May 31, 2020
Vanderandrew:
Can a genuine Christian become a billionaire without cutting corners, engaging in shady deals, following the world system, selling his soul to the devil for wealth.

Remember we are not of this world and we must not crave for the things of this world. Even Satan tried to tempt Jesus saying if He bow to him, he will give him the kingdoms of this world but Jesus replied Satan with it is written, thou shalt worship the Lord your God and only him shall thou serve. (Luke 4:cool

We may claim there are Christian billionaires but you don't know how they got their wealth, you don't know whether they cut corners or engage in shady deals, corruption, cocaine business, kidnapping to acquire their wealth.
op, behind 'every' fortune there is a crime - Balzac.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 10:22am On May 31, 2020
Fucsheetup:
Has nothing to do with mindset. Those are pure facts.

Keep deceiving yourself

Don't mind that naive guy.

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 10:22am On May 31, 2020
Henri8:

Are we not saying the same thing?
The pastors are billionaires na or are they not genuine?
are u a pastor?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by donbenz(m): 10:22am On May 31, 2020
All these Christians sef. Money again? Christianity is not a religion but a business venture. Quote me and die. I hate nonsense angry angry
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Halo22: 10:25am On May 31, 2020
I think it is very possible. Check Deuteronomy 8:18 and the you will get the answer.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Henri8: 10:26am On May 31, 2020
Lonemirage:
are u a pastor?
Why do you ask?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 10:28am On May 31, 2020
Henri8:

Why do you ask?
u seem to have a kind of reservation
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by bukatyne(f): 10:29am On May 31, 2020
Had this discussion with some friends a while back.

And it keeps popping up.

Can a genuine Christian be a billionaire?

Hmm.

Can genuine Christians be rich? Very rich? Wealthy?

O yes!

The richest man in Africa type?

I don't know.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 10:34am On May 31, 2020
bukatyne:
Had this discussion with some friends a while back.

And it keeps popping up.

Can a genuine Christian be a billionaire?

Hmm.

Can genuine Christians be rich? Very rich? Wealthy?

O yes!

The richest man in Africa type?

I don't know.
What of our G.O's? what would say
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 10:34am On May 31, 2020
executive12:

Nigeria is a huge criminal enterprise. It's very difficult for honest people to thrive in Nigeria.
WRONG.
An enterprising mind will thrive even in the Sahara.
Pls don't give up and start making defeatist unsubstantiated commentary like you currently are.Nigeria is corrupt,yet has a lot of righteous people who genuinely have a heart for God.
Singapore and China were once written off but look at them today.When Nigeria's turn comes,entrepreneurs will become billionaires whether Christian ,Muslim or aborishas.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kabillionaire(m): 10:35am On May 31, 2020
A true christian cannot become a billionaire without a reckless freak.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 10:35am On May 31, 2020
henrixx:
yes of course. my pastor in the church owns the biggest palm oil plantation in ogun state, he recently acquired a machine of around 88 million and gave testimony in the church about it and said ogun state government gave him some acres of land to boost palm oil production and in months time he could be talking of billions. this was around 2018. he inherited the buisiness from his dad.

its very possible.

It's good to hear that the Pastor is doing something productive to create wealth and possibly become rich.
Do you know what transpired before he could get concession from the State government? I will be surprised if money did not change hands. The Pastor and the civil servants involved will obviously not call it bribe. But I will bet that money changed hands. I don't know of any Nigerian government office you can go to transact business and not drop a little something here and there.
If that is the case, then some corners have been cut.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 10:37am On May 31, 2020
Muyiwaipere:

Seems one bolt don commot for your head .....did you read the captions at all....

It states...GENUINE

NA YOUR PAPA BAPTIZE ABACHA ABI?

You are obviously not just a fool, but an uncouth one.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by teemy(m): 10:39am On May 31, 2020
executive12:

Not possible in Nigeria. Nigeria as a country, is a huge criminal enterprise. If you want to stay upright and follow strict Christian principles in Nigeria, just forget about being wealthy.
You can be a Christian and get wealthy in Nigeria, but you can't be a genuine Christian and get wealthy in Nigeria.

At the moment, I am sure there is one or two investments you wish to do that is about an equivalent of your one month salary. You can't start it because you can't afford to drop the money. With a savings of 10% of your income, you will have that sum and can start the business after 10 months. Imagine repeating the system for 10 years of working? Your financial status would have exponentially changed.

It is possible unto him who believes.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by StreetFight: 10:42am On May 31, 2020
Abraham was a rich man, yet he was very righteous. Job was super rich, yet God bragged with Job's righteousness and the devil became jealous.

Any god that makes you poor is a useless god.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Jaspernubi: 10:42am On May 31, 2020
It is a very hard thing to maintain a clean heart and constant relationship with God when Mammon is in involved. Jesus answers that questions " And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Matthew 19;24
so, I have seen most rich people giving out their wealth to the poor just to retain constant walk with Jesus. It sounds foolish to the unregenerate heart, If only you know what Peace with God is, you will always run away from whatever it will take to loose it.

Riches in itself is not bad, it is just too hard to maintain a constant gaze on God and his glory and to abide in Christ when mammon shares a seat in the soul, Ask rich men what they go through, Even Otedola is constantly giving it out for fear thinking he can attain righteousness by donation. The greatest fiery trial of a true Christian is Riches

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 10:43am On May 31, 2020
Openbusiness:

No Christian is poor, we OWN the world! It is our inheritance from Abraham. We are the children of Abraham and God gave Abraham the world as a reward for his obedience, faith and loyalty. Then the best part is we are joint-heirs with Jesus Christ the son of the Almighty God, and God gave Jesus the entire creation, everything that exists and doesn't exist, because of his obedience, faith and loyalty. So there is no poor Christian. If you see a Christian struggling with poverty it is a a temporal situation, and if you see the heathens and pagans boasting in their possessions, this is also temporary. Everyone on this earth is a tenant and whatever possessions they claim for themselves, they will surely in a matter of time lose it all and it will be returned to the real owners, who are the Christians. They are the only people that are not tenants in this world. They OWN it! Everything in this world belongs to the Christian. A Christian is more than a billionaire. A Christian is the possessor of all things, including ETERNAL LIFE! And when everything in this present old world fades away, the Christian will still be around for all eternity and the new world is his possession too. That's WHO a Christian is!

Good to hear that no Christian is poor. Does that mean that there are no Christians in Nigeria. Nigeria is at least 40% Christian. Nigeria is the poverty capital of the world. Do you want to tell us that all those millions of poor folks in Nigeria are non Christians?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by misterjosh(m): 10:46am On May 31, 2020
But Solomon of old comes to mind.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Henri8: 10:46am On May 31, 2020
Lonemirage:
u seem to have a kind of reservation
No i am not.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 10:47am On May 31, 2020
executive12:

It's good to hear that the Pastor is doing something productive to create wealth and possibly become rich.
Do you know what transpired before he could get concession from the State government? I will be surprised if money did not change hands. The Pastor and the civil servants involved will obviously not call it bribe. But I will bet that money changed hands. I don't know of any Nigerian government office you can go to transact business and not drop a little something here and there.
If that is the case, then some corners have been cut.
Honestly you have a really mediocre mindset.
Human beings never rise beyond their thought patterns.Pls work on your mind.
I am Nigerian ,I live in Nigeria,I love God with all my heart and I can tell you poverty and I will never ever have a converging point.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Omoayere01: 10:48am On May 31, 2020
Only genuine Christians who enter into covenant with God become extremely rich. E.g are Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Wealth only comes by covenant either with God or Devil. Hardwork can only make you comfortable.

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by MayenKudi: 10:48am On May 31, 2020
why not? are there no Legit Billionaire Christians?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by LaJoe2: 10:48am On May 31, 2020
Jacob in the Bible, a trickster, outsmarted his Uncle yet GOD endorsed it.
Grace, Relationship, Faith, Understanding.

What did Jacob do to deserve favor, nothing. GOD just picked him, called him aside like HE did his Dad, Abraham and told Him he will favor him die.

Just follow me, be on my side. And he did, he didn't even do it perfectly, but the main thing was that his trust was always in GOD.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by tallfish145(m): 10:48am On May 31, 2020
Adex2442:
Why not??
Look at king Solomon,
is he a Christian?
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by Nobody: 10:51am On May 31, 2020
Vanderandrew:
Can a genuine Christian become a billionaire without cutting corners, engaging in shady deals, following the world system, selling his soul to the devil for wealth.

Remember we are not of this world and we must not crave for the things of this world. Even Satan tried to tempt Jesus saying if He bow to him, he will give him the kingdoms of this world but Jesus replied Satan with it is written, thou shalt worship the Lord your God and only him shall thou serve. (Luke 4:cool

We may claim there are Christian billionaires but you don't know how they got their wealth, you don't know whether they cut corners or engage in shady deals, corruption, cocaine business, kidnapping to acquire their wealth.

Wealth has nothing to do with religion.

If one man gets rich and you don't know how he did it, does that make it bad money because your little mind does not understand how ?

Absence of Evidence doesn't mean Evidence of Absence.

Read and expand your knowledge and KNOW HOW.

Abi, did you worship God more than Abraham, Noah, Solomon, David and Job ?

At least 5 richest men of their times who feared God.

1 Like

Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by executive12: 10:51am On May 31, 2020
Ekehwinz:

They write and sell books

You really believe they became billionaires by writing and selling books? Wow!!!.
So how come our very famous writers like Chinua Achebe, Wole Soyinka, J. P. Clark, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, etc didn't become billionaires as well. And some of them are even read in Universities worldwide.
By the time those big Pastors started writing and selling books, they have already gotten wealthy from the regular contributions of their congregations.
Re: Can A Genuine Christian Become A Billionaire? by kushe: 10:56am On May 31, 2020
Jaspernubi:
It is a very hard thing to maintain a clean heart and constant relationship with God when Mammon is in involved. Jesus answers that questions " And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." Matthew 19;24
so, I have seen most rich people giving out their wealth to the poor just to retain constant walk with Jesus. It sounds foolish the unregenerate heart, If only you know what Peace with God is, you will always run away from whatever it will take to loose it.

Riches in itself is not bad, it is just too hard to maintain a constant gaze on God and his glory and to abide in Christ when mammon shares a seat in the soul, Ask rich men what they go through, Even Otedola is constantly giving it out for fear thinking he can attain righteousness by donation. The greatest trial of a true Christian is Riches
Bill Gates is the biggest philanthropist in our modern world but does he believe in God!
You can't buy salvation by giving alms,it is a free gift of God.We give as Christian's because we have been given.God gave himself for us hung on a tree to die.God appreciates our good deeds but it doesn't buy us salvation and besides God wants us to experience the joy of giving.
The word says it is more blessed to give than to receive and that is something rich people and rich nation's understand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How To End Xenophobic Attacks In South Africa – TB Joshua / Church Members Give Their Offerings At The Feet Of Their Pastor In Ghana (Video) / Is It Proper For A Christian To Run A Hotel Business?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.