Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,618 members, 7,813,035 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex (50465 Views)

Six Important Things Every Christain Nigerian Youth Should Avoid . / Five Things Every Christian Must Know About Sex (must Read) / 12 Sentences Every Christian Must Never Say Again ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by Beliti: 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
Question please! Does it mean Masturbation is not a sin since it isn't highlighted here?
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by shadeyinka(m): 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
Olumyco:

See this thing needs understanding. Love is an emotion. But as humans because of the presence of the Will faculty in the soul you can decide to go with your emotion or not. However the result of the emotion faculty cant be brought to fore without the Will faculty acting on it. Therefore when you love someone it means you have decided to love the person either based on what your emotion gives you or otherwise. So that is it

Example of emotions are Love, joy, peace, fear, sadness, anger etc. They are all product of what your mind processes. If I abuse you in English language the reason why you get angry is because your mind understood English and processed the statement and then an imagination is formed which is passed to the emotion faculty and the emotion liberates Anger instantly but waiting for your decision whether to go with it or shun it. So if you React negatively by abusing me back or fighting me then it means you took a decision to go with your anger emotion but if you refuse to abuse or fight me and just walk away or not react then it means you shun the emotion produced.

So in all everything is decision based. Love is an emotion but cant be used on anyone without decision.
So Love in full is Emotion, Decision and Commitment.

Thanks
I will show you an example to show that you are mixing up LOVE with the emotions that may proceed from love.

I am sure you have female members in your home: like your mother and sisters. I am sure that you LOVE them

Can you please explain the kind of emotion you are currently having for them?
If there is not specific emotion, does it mean that you don't love them? No!

Love is not an emotion. Love is a choice/resolve to make the other person beautiful, great, successful, joyful..at the expense of yourself.

The emotions of love comes whenever you succeed in your giving towards love.

How do you feel when you give your girlfriend a birthday cake and she receives it with joy in her heart. You too will feel greater joy.
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by OkpanachiMax: 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
ehmmy11:
Can you back your "river Niger and bore hole" claims biologically ??

And it's impossible to love someone you are not sexually attracted to lets always say the truth please..

Don't you love your parents?
Are you sexually attracted to them?
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2020
PrecisionFx:

Sex is Sex.

Sexual immorality is deviant sex like Necrophilia, Beastility, sleeping with prostitutes, Anal sex, homosexualism, etc.
lol, laughing in Spanish... Read what u typed, English is using you to play leg over..
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by shadeyinka(m): 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2020
BERNIMOORE:
You jumped exegical holes... I am not wicked she did consented on her own... And I didn't disvirgined her she already had sex with someone before.... So you would have recommended that I must Mary her after all she had painful sex issues.. You try....she later got married to an older guy over 50+ and they moved to Germany
I called you wicked because you didn't care of the act will affect her relationship with God (I assume she is a Christian). Anytime you sleep with someone, part of your self gets imprinted forever in that person.

My point is that you could have gotten all the information without sleeping with her. And marriage decisions are not made based based on sex alone. Do you feel sexual enjoyment cannot be faked (for the purpose of getting you to marry)?

After your questioning, if you feel you can't go on with the relationship, so be it.

1 Like

Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by greatdave(m): 3:20pm On Jun 07, 2020
maynia:

.after she got pregnant right?

Get yourself a bible...It will do you good.
God bless you!
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by BERNIMOORE: 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
shadeyinka:

I called you wicked because you didn't care of the act will affect her relationship with God (I assume she is a Christian). Anytime you sleep with someone, part of your self gets imprinted forever in that person.

My point is that you could have gotten all the information without sleeping with her. And marriage decisions are not made based based on sex alone. Do you feel sexual enjoyment cannot be faked (for the purpose of getting you to marry)?

After your questioning, if you feel you can't go on with the relationship, so be it.
We are not created perfect, I guessed that you are not married, if you have not settled down with a woman you are far from making decisive decisions here because sound advice comes from personal experience... You need to take some calculated risk at times....if you follow what you hear at times without testing it yourself you will lose gallantly.. About her relationship Wit God leave that part...individually we seek forgiveness... We are in talking terms before she traveled out..
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by Dranoid: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
mrkings84:
SEX EDUCATION

Anyone you have sex with automatically transfers to you every spirit he or she has.
That's why Joseph had an understanding and fled when his master's wife wanted to cut short his destiny.

I understand and agree that sex before marriage is sinful but where in the bible is this above statement proven true?
This is not the first time i'm hearing it and that's why i want to ask this question. The example of joseph you gave doesn't really convince me cos joseph's reason for not doing it was because it was a sin against God and also like 'stealing' his master's property. There was also no biblical record of potiphar's wife having demonic spirits.

so once again I ask, where is it in the bible?

1 Like

Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
Great piece op
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by shadeyinka(m): 3:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
Bahddo:
what is fornication? Which part of the Bible gives you that definition of sex between single persons? Also, why did Jesus use the term fornication (KJV) for married persons at Matthew 19: 9?

The term rendered fornication in the new testament is the same as 'whoredom', 'prostitution', and 'sexual immorality' used in the old testament - illicit sex in the context of the Mosaic law.

There are many laws regarding sex, and not one of them outlaws relations between a man and a woman engaged to him. Not one.

There are laws in the Mosaic law against incest, bestiality, sodomy, rape, and sex with another man's wife or a woman engaged to him. If a man entices/seduces and sleeps with an unengaged woman (not rape), he simply has to marry her. No punishment, no sin offering, nothing.

So where do you guys get this definition of fornication that you throw about?
Fornication have various shades of meaning including sexual immorality.

Now in the case of

Matthew 19: 9
And I say unto you, Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication , and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery

The word fornication specifically as used by Jesus is NOT
1. incest,
2. bestiality,
3. sodomy,
4. rape, and
5. sex with another man's wife/husband or
6. sex with a woman engaged to another man
BUT
7. sexual immorality
All you need to do is slot each in as a synonym for fornication and see if the scripture remain valid.

Note that Jesus was referring to a MARRIED woman. Whoever she sleeps with outside her husband is SEXUAL immorality which constitute adultery against the husband.

Secondly,
So that you will not think it absolves dating couple.

Can you please answer what happens if I married a wife but on consummation I discover that she isn't a Virgin?
(Her excuse was that her former boyfriend deflowered her).
Does this argument hold?

Deu 22:20-21:
"But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she has worked folly in Israel, to play the LovePeddler in her father's house: so shall you put evil away from among you."

Can you see that one who lost her virginity is TREATED as a _whore? Does it matter if it was just once with a former boyfriend?

In your view, what is the expectation from a maiden on her wedding day?
And
Do you think that sexually expressive dating relationship MUST eventually lead to marriage?
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by shadeyinka(m): 4:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
BERNIMOORE:
We are not created perfect, I guessed that you are not married, if you have not settled down with a woman you are far from making decisive decisions here because sound advice comes from personal experience... You need to take some calculated risk at times....if you follow what you hear at times without testing it yourself you will lose gallantly.. About her relationship Wit God leave that part...individually we seek forgiveness... We are in talking terms before she traveled out..
I've been married for several years now. I courted my wife for 2years 6months before marriage. I was a virgin and so was she. We were both committed to not having sex before marriage. And I tell you that till tomorrow it helps us to trust each other even when I travel for months overseas, she knows with no iota of doubt that I wouldn't sleep with those "willing white girls"!

From your writeup, I know you don't mean harm BUT you have unconsciously mislead many young people by insinuating that they could test out their sexual compatibility before marriage.

As a married man, I am sure that you know that there is a difference between a once-a-week/occasional sex with a girlfriend AND an almost daily sex with a wife? A girl you sleep with once or twice a month will act differently when she sees that sex is and average of 4-5 a week endlessly, year after year.

In other words, a girlfriend's sexual disposition does not guarantee any continuity during marriage.

1 Like

Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by OkpanachiMax: 4:08pm On Jun 07, 2020
Beliti:
Question please! Does it mean Masturbation is not a sin since it isn't highlighted here?
It is punishing yourself by yourself, It is very abnormal.

(Question not to the quoted)
But my question is this, pre-intimacy in marital sex is that masturbation too?
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by Aderewah: 4:18pm On Jun 07, 2020
Youngsage:

You traced his genealogy and came up with this conclusion?
You did, to come up with yours?
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by ehmmy11(m): 4:20pm On Jun 07, 2020
OkpanachiMax:

Don't you love your parents?
Are you sexually attracted to them?

In the context of the post you should be able to understand that i meant romantic love?? Not agape

Then why avoid the first question??
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by futasu(m): 4:20pm On Jun 07, 2020
a boy and a girl dating without kissing and sex is it a sin or not
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
greatdave:

Get yourself a bible...It will do you good.
God bless you!

I have enough fiction books I don't want any for now
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by OkpanachiMax: 4:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
ehmmy11:

In the context of the post you should be able to understand that i meant romantic love?? Not agape

Then why avoid the first question??
Love is love
Their no romantic or bla bla bla grin
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by ehmmy11(m): 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2020
OkpanachiMax:

Love is love
Their no romantic or bla bla bla grin

I rest my case.... peace

1 Like

Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by Senorprinz(m): 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2020
Lol, you're funny, we're all suffering as a result of Ishmael today, what's the repercussion of the millions of children produced by concubines, abi na only Ishmael own be sin.
mrkings84:
Yes he did it, and it was counted to him as a sin. And result of that (Ishmael) is what the Christians are going through today in the hands of our Moslem brethren all over the world....
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by Proudlytips: 4:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ok
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by mrkings84(m): 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2020
knacker:

Can I share dis...
Very concised n straight .
God bless u

Comon, why not. In as much as you find it worthy of sharing.

Thanks for making me know my efforts in putting this together wasn't a waste. I am encouraged!
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by mrkings84(m): 5:16pm On Jun 07, 2020
paxonel:
ok,
Obviously you are saying this not because you understood your bible but because you heard people saying it.

We had Isaac and Rebecca dating from the first day they met, they had sex that day, God did not complain.
wrong!

1 Corinthians 5:1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, THAT ONE SHOULD HAVE HIS FATHER'S WIFE

so, fornication is when a man sleep with his father's wife.
It can also mean brothers and sisters having sex, what is known as incest today.

No bro, just as you quoted 1Cor5:1, a man sleeping with his father's wife is just the height of it. Fornication is the sex between two unmarried adults. Incest is when two adults who are related by blood have sex.
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:20pm On Jun 07, 2020
PRE4:

Read 1corinthians 7:9 concerning the bolded.

thank you, will check it out.

stay blessed, bro.
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by mrkings84(m): 5:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
Freeeanijor:

What is believe? Believe is what you hold to be true.
Destructive sins are despicable in the sight of God and man. Violence, jealousy, envy, strife, back bitting, gossiping, murder, people who are sexually immoral. Those that practice these are those that will be destroyed.

Consensual sex and the bye product of it is not condemned and designated for destruction. Reproduce and fill the earth was the imbedded program in human.
Marriage is not the only way this can be fulfilled.

Pls can you back this up with biblical reference? Like are always taught, marriage is the oldest institution on Earth and this was ordained by God when he joined Eve to Adam right from the beginning.
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:25pm On Jun 07, 2020
PRE4:

For the bolded read:1 corinthians 6:15-18.

In Solomon days,fornication was a grievious crime against the law,that is to say he married the wives legally-

I am single And i know it is not easy at times but I control myself

I will check the verse, thanks.

by the way, I know you only joked with being single and never touch toto before. grin

it is also easy for me too to claim the same on NL whereas, I destroy pussies offline.

I know u go wan come defend urself against that, but the truth knows who's saying it sha.

btw,

pls, pray for me make God forgive my sins cos I no go lie, I am single and i don fvck many times. pls, quote me with prayers. thanks.

I hail u, nigga.
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by mrkings84(m): 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2020
shadeyinka:
Also, in the bible, there was nothing like "dating". What exists is a "betrothal" which is a formal agreement between two families that their children has fulfilled conditions for marriage and the ceremony will be done at a select date.

Adultery is sex outside marriage by a married person.

1. What then is fornication?

2. Using your logic, why do you think sleeping with a prostitute make one one in spirit with the prostitute.
BTW
Prostitution is sex with consent between unmarried adults with mutual benefits

What I mean is, all sensensual sex is SIN before God in as much it's outside marriage, that God does not kill you once you commit it doesn't justify it.
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by mrkings84(m): 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
Freeeanijor:

The world was never destroyed because men had sex with women or children from such affairs condemned. But the world was destroyed because people abandoned the natural use of there sex organs Romans 1: 16,17 . That is why God gave them over to disgraceful sexual passion, for their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; 27 likewise also the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full penalty, which was due for their error.
Concubine (side chick) was never condemned neither was betrothal arrangements which permitted sex between the male and female involved condemned, infact an angel appeared to Joseph warning him not have sex with virgin Mary or send her away thinking that she had sex with anyone else.

I never said that God destroyed the world cos of sexual sins, rather he destroyed Sorom cos of this. Or is Sodom the world?
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

I will check the verse, thanks.

by the way, I know you only joked with being single and never touch toto before. grin

it is also easy for me too to claim the same on NL whereas, I destroy pussies offline.

I know u go wan come defend urself against that, but the truth knows who's saying it sha.

btw,

pls, pray for me make God forgive my sins cos I no go lie, I am single and i don fvck many times. pls, quote me with prayers. thanks.

I hail u, nigga.

I am single by the grace of God and have never seen the unclothedness of woman.God bears me witness to it.

You need proper follow up
how is that possible?are you on facebook?
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by MrNipplesLover(m): 5:35pm On Jun 07, 2020
PRE4:

I am single by the grace of God and have never seen the unclothedness of woman.God bears me witness to it.

You need proper follow up
how is that possible?are you on facebook?

yeah. I dey on Facebook.
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
MrNipplesLover:

yeah. I dey on Facebook.

Send me friend request now:Talented Fidelio
whats ur name on facebook?
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by cerpvad(m): 5:45pm On Jun 07, 2020
The right teaching about sex is the one devoid of religion inhibitions
shadeyinka:

Please what is the right teaching about sex?
Re: What Every Christian Youth Should Know About Sex by shadeyinka(m): 5:46pm On Jun 07, 2020
mrkings84:

What I mean is, all sensensual sex is SIN before God in as much it's outside marriage, that God does not kill you once you commit it doesn't justify it.
Perfectly said sir!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) / Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? / Samuel Akinbodunse: "Why God Changed My Prophecy On Buhari’s Death"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.