Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) (86372 Views)

Mile 12 Boils, Hoodlums Vandalise BRT Buses, Loot Shops / Hoodlums Vandalise 200 Vehicles During Lagos Clash - Pictures / Many Nigerians Arrested, Their Cars Damaged During An Immigration Raid In India (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
We need this kind of thing in Nigeria to balance the equation. Our politicians cannot be taking us for a ride. If the politicians are dealt with, they will call the police to order
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by kelvindj98: 6:33pm On Jun 01, 2020
Devops:
Blame The democrats. They are happy. Election is on November 3rd anything to create chaos and discredit Trump
Look at them, Trump ass licker. Show your comment at the embassy when next u apply for US visa. It will definitely increase your chances of getting a visa.

3 Likes

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Urchman200: 6:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
I hope Nigeria is learning a thing from this, we are yet to hear of anyone been shut by the police, if it is my country peaceful protest will be turned into a training ground for our law enforcement agency.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Mcreloaded(m): 6:35pm On Jun 01, 2020
bakynes:

Dont blame Nigerians. Ordinary Peaceful Protest in Nigeria, the police and Army will light up all the protesters. In the Civilized world, they would first use rubber bullets, Canisters, tear gas, beat the protesters etc. Shooting live bullets is always the last option but in Nigeria, the word is shoot at sight. So u cant really compare, Nigerians are angry too.

You are very right.
Ever wonder why Nigerian government never buy rubber bullets to arm our police for cases of riot.
Maybe live bullet is much more cheaper
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by juman(m): 6:37pm On Jun 01, 2020
I think hatred and anger against trump also flaming the destruction.

The world know trump as racist.

3 Likes

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by salford1: 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
uruba23:
Who are the people fueling this riot,would this solve the problem,putting more people into debts...see as they waste a beautiful car.
Insurance would pay for most if not all business loss. Time to pay back some of those big bucks they have been collecting.
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by afecgivers: 6:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
Moneywirer:
This is no longer for late Floyd, I smell politics all over this.
What are the odds that the opposition party didn't incite a reasonable percentage of these series of events just to make Trump look too stupid and incapable of maintaining order with diplomacy?

Tell Trump to also think before talking. Tell the judiciary to deliver judgement that s reasonable, fair and sane. Not everything is politic, they are not like hungry Nigerians that staged protest after pocketing 1k.

2 Likes

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by kelvindj98: 6:41pm On Jun 01, 2020
duality:

Trump didn't go fuel anything. Except for those who don't like him for mostly political bias.

Whatever Trump has said is the Truth.
You won't get US visa. So stretching ur tongue to lick his ass in the US.

3 Likes

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 01, 2020
kikero:

Actually, the Democrats are not behind this

Exactly the same riots happened under Obama, and have happened in one way or the other for decades.

The issue is this. Black people in the US have been at the mercy of the racist system for a long time. Now, I won't deny things have improved...it used to be far worse (an older relative of mine once turned down an opportunity to study in the US back in the day because of the horror tales he heard from senior colleagues).

The problem is, for many years, black people could be shot by the police, shot even by ordinary citizens (yes, it happened)...and nothing was done. And these things add up and make people angry.

An example. In the late 1940's, a black young man, who had fought with distinction in World War 2, was shot dead , without provocation, by a white policeman. His younger brother, for his own safety, had to be moved to another part of the USA because the night they brought his elder bro's corpse home, an older relative took one look at the guy's face, and saw the face of a very very angry young man, who if care was not taken, would have exacted revenge...which would have led to the whole black community suffering severe reprecusions. A few days later the man was sent to relatives in California (where he thrived well by the way...but that's another story)

The thing is, over and over again, even in these improved times, black males are more likley to be failed by the system. Before this issue with George....there was a case where a white woman called the police on a black man and lied that he was threatening her. IF htere hadn't been recording that black man could have ended up being shot.

What you are seeing is anger that has built up over generations. It is not easy to go away. And yes, it is very self destructive.(such violence drives out investment and jobs from black areas). But it is understandable. And for once, it isn't something that can be fixed quickly by any president...Trump or anyone else.(It happened several times under Obama.). You cannot fix anger that is generations worth.

Very true and balanced view.. issue is that this doesn't constitute strategy.. u know? Look at all the decades of slavery and segregation (grievous harm done to blacks), but any social progress registered is only when strategy is applied at very specific junctures (e.g civil rights movement)
Note the church bombings in Alabama etc and how MLK or post-Hajj Malcolm X reacted to those events. Malcolm X esp after he broke off from NOI extremism.

I assume ure familiar with the States yea. You see at what is happening out in the southwest and Cali. Demographic changes are making it hard for blacks to monopolize the 'minority' voice... Hispanics and Asians def have more of a presence in those parts (hispanics 14% of national pop and Asians 10%, blacks have plateaued at 13 for decades). Any initiative not taken before cannot be done now for many parts of the West Coast... and this brings me to my point; which is that as time goes on and the inevitable democratization of the minority voice progresses any meaningful action done in the name of black rights has to yield real results..

Look at what these riots are now.. bunch of white, black, hispanic asian etc opportunists turning a serious issue into a looting spree... that trivializes the real intention of the protests in the first place:- making life better for black ppl... those other looters dont lose anything... easy time for gain. But the black ones are doing more harm as these are one of the last of what might be a fleeting window to actually make a stand for something.. try to effect a change in institutional behavior.. u remember Ferguson,MS in 2014 when even the gangbangers came out to act all 'woke'. I mean some of those homies ve prolly killed fellow blacks between then n now 2020.. some participants and modes of action really blemishes the genuity of this struggle.. and being that politics of identity is at play, that does more harm than good.

This happens a fee more times in our very well with the quicker flow of info and anger that we now experience with our social media world ya, what happens ?

Insurance premiums going high.. yes, the trivializstion of BLM and real black issues... yes. Actual general change in US institutions.. maybe yes but also a huge possibility for no.

I mean it just makes everything a bit weird. I saw Philly center city burning yesterday and was like... damn. Some blacks out in ATL n other places even have their businesses caught up in the inferno. I mean lots of black lives are about to be ruined by this foolishness.. but the protests are ostensibly about a black life taken? Really dishonors the memory of George Floyd. Dont u think?

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by salford1: 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
Moneywirer:
What are the odds that the opposition party didn't incite a reasonable percentage of these series of events just to make Trump look too stupid and incapable of maintaining order with diplomacy?
I am sure you read the post where it mentioned that Trump also added fuel to the fire via his insensitive tweet. Someone needs to seize his phone or laptop.
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by duality(m): 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
Badgers14:

Trump doesn't like anyone except his fellow conservatives....

Cares less about anyone else....

What about those who don't like him too.
There's nothing Trump would do for them to like him. At some point you don't pretend to like those who don't like you.
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by olassybaba: 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2020
9jayes:
Nawah o

But people are being killed daily in Nigeria and nobody protests

Btc, PayPal, Payoneer or cashApp needed any amount at ur rate

i have
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Badgers14: 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2020
duality:

What about those who don't like him too.
There's nothing Trump would do for them to like him. At some point you don't pretend to like those who don't like you.

He should be the president of both sides but he doesnt act like that.. he should!!!! That's my point!!

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Longman8: 6:46pm On Jun 01, 2020
If the said police man had seen this coming he would have prayed to wake up from his sleep the next upper week. Meanwhile Americans Should tread with cautions.#JusticeforMrgeorge.
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by bignero: 6:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
dazzlingd:
Mercedes Benz of oakland.

By the way, where are the "in saner clime crew"

sharap..its the blood of one man, that has brought all this chaos

you people that see hundreds of people killed everyday, how many finger have you lifted?
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by maestro299: 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
Moneywirer:
So you didn't know since.?
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by salford1: 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2020
Offpoint:
I think it's high time the *"SHOOTING SHOULD START"
And create more problems. Remember Americans have guns and assault rifles too. KKK vs Antifa. You want them to start a civil war in their country grin
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Okoroawusa: 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
This is not funny any more.

It's no longer about George Floyd. Anarchists r taking over
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by sunboy(m): 6:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
Moneywirer:

It has always been politics, politics and politics.
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by vicardino(m): 6:57pm On Jun 01, 2020
kikero:

Actually, the Democrats are not behind this

Exactly the same riots happened under Obama, and have happened in one way or the other for decades.

The issue is this. Black people in the US have been at the mercy of the racist system for a long time. Now, I won't deny things have improved...it used to be far worse (an older relative of mine once turned down an opportunity to study in the US back in the day because of the horror tales he heard from senior colleagues).

The problem is, for many years, black people could be shot by the police, shot even by ordinary citizens (yes, it happened)...and nothing was done. And these things add up and make people angry.

An example. In the late 1940's, a black young man, who had fought with distinction in World War 2, was shot dead , without provocation, by a white policeman. His younger brother, for his own safety, had to be moved to another part of the USA because the night they brought his elder bro's corpse home, an older relative took one look at the guy's face, and saw the face of a very very angry young man, who if care was not taken, would have exacted revenge...which would have led to the whole black community suffering severe reprecusions. A few days later the man was sent to relatives in California (where he thrived well by the way...but that's another story)

The thing is, over and over again, even in these improved times, black males are more likley to be failed by the system. Before this issue with George....there was a case where a white woman called the police on a black man and lied that he was threatening her. IF htere hadn't been recording that black man could have ended up being shot.

What you are seeing is anger that has built up over generations. It is not easy to go away. And yes, it is very self destructive.(such violence drives out investment and jobs from black areas). But it is understandable. And for once, it isn't something that can be fixed quickly by any president...Trump or anyone else.(It happened several times under Obama.). You cannot fix anger that is generations worth.

You can't fix what? Arrest the cops and charge them accordingly, then let's see whether or not the generations worth of anger will not die a natural death. The blacks ain't asking for nothing than prosecution. Do unto the white perps what the system would do to the black perps.

4 Likes

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by boolet: 7:04pm On Jun 01, 2020
Moneywirer:
Good point! But think about this: "person wey dem wan burn no suppose use fuel baff". The opposition does not tweet for trump. Meanwhile I am not in support of vandalism.
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by engrchykae(m): 7:08pm On Jun 01, 2020
uruba23:
Who are the people fueling this riot,would this solve the problem,putting more people into debts...see as they waste a beautiful car.
as a typical Nigerian,you must think for people to gather to ask for their right,it must be apc or pdp.
It sucks to be Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Offpoint: 7:08pm On Jun 01, 2020
salford1:

And create more problems. Remember Americans have guns and assault rifles too. KKK vs Antifa. You want them to start a civil war in their country grin
It'll be fun bro, at least we got something to keep busy.
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by pomide(m): 7:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
Insurance in trouble
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by engrchykae(m): 7:12pm On Jun 01, 2020
Offpoint:
I think it's high time the *"SHOOTING SHOULD START"
you think it's Nigeria,the whites are crazy,they will eat you alive, vengeance powers them and they are fatalistic.
Don't even try shooting at Americans,they won't forget or forgive you,later during your retirement,they will shoot you in front of your house.
A nation where you have El Paso shooters, Orlando shooters and lots of crazy serial killers.
You think it's docile Africans?
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by codemaniacs: 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by sunboy(m): 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
Hausaboy239:
Damn!
This is turning into pure madness.

They should rather channel this energy towards government owned properties but private companies got nothing to do with what happened.

But sincerely i wish we Nigerians had the guts to come out and show our anger publicly not hide behind keyboards!

This is happening in America as a result of one man’s death,from the beginning of lockdown till now how many innocent lives has the security agencies killed in Nigeria?

We need a revolution in Nigeria to send messages to all those fools we got as leaders!

The Nigerian population is not ready jare

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by engrchykae(m): 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
mjabdulk:
Living in peace is better than living in pieces
you mean kneeling is better than standing
Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by Nobody: 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
Moneywirer:

Diplomacy and Trump are cat and rat na. Is it now you know that Trump is naturally stupid and incapable of maintaining order with diplomacy? Though these protesters are taking this too far.

1 Like

Re: George Floyd: Mercedes Cars Damaged As Rioters Vandalise Showroom (video) by linearity: 7:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
Moneywirer:

More odds, you don’t have any proof of what you are saying. Trump don’t need any proof to show that he is stupid and incapable, he exhibits that every day by himself.

This is not the first time there will be a riot and destruction of properties as a result of police brutality in the US, it happened under Bush and Obama.

Trevon put it nicely, he said the way White folks and others unaffected by police brutality feel towards these destruction of properties is the same way blacks affected by police brutality feels towards the looting of their humanity by police on a daily basis.

However, these properties are highly leverage and insured, but the dead can’t be replaced....bookmark that Mercedes Benz dealer’s address, come back in about three months, it would have been rebuilt bigger and better with even more inventories.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Real Body Of Dr. Oji Allwell Recovered By Police In Lagos (Graphic Video, Pics) / Ola Oyeshina: LASTMA Officer Before And After Being Stoned (photo) / Man Burnt To Death For Insulting Prophet Muhammad In Darazo, Bauchi (Graphic Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.