Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,213 members, 7,825,801 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:01 AM

Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? (1559 Views)

A Nairalander wishes to embrace Polygamy, Please advise. / Is Polygamy The Solution To Surplus Women ? / Advantages Of Polygamy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by koolchicco: 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2011
snthesis:

Thers's no balance in d world anymore, so many lonely girls out there dat cud easily hav been happy been a second wife, ask d igbos[b] a man success was measured by d number of wives he has- more wives=more strenght=bigger farmland=successful man. A man was considered weak if he had onli one wife
[/b]

That was then Bro, this is now(21 century)!
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by minute(f): 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2011
It's gross and disgusting! I can't imagine my husband bed hopping night after night.

It's also unclean,when you make love with  your husband, you are making love to

like five other women, yuck!! What if one of them came up with G enital Herpes? Herpes

is a virus that lives in all our bodies, but some people's herpes is active which would spread

to the whole Clan. Then if he had MouthAction with all these women, you would have a house full of

Blistered lips and coochies . . . . GROSS. Hey ladies and Gents, How's that sound?
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by snthesis(m): 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2011
Ewwwww! Dats so graphic

@Koolchiico
Women are attracted to seemingly successful guys nothing old school abt dat
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 21, 2011
minute:

It's gross and disgusting! I can't imagine my husband bed hopping night after night.

like five other women, yuck!! What if one of them came up with G enital Herpes? Herpes

is a virus that lives in all our bodies, but some people's herpes is active which would spread

to the whole Clan. Then if he had MouthAction with all these women, you would have a house full of

Blistered lips and coochies . . . . GROSS. Hey ladies and Gents, How's that sound?

MSCHEW!!!!!!!!

Please. that is bull. & westernized married men don't cheat on their wives and then go home to their naive arses and jump in her toto after marinating their meat in another or other womens' gumbo sauce? kiss their wives goodnight after eating some sour meat? grin grin please. that is bull, polygamy does not mean careless s3x. Let's not buy into stereotypes.

Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by koolchicco: 7:58pm On Jan 21, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

MSCHEW!!!!!!!!

Please. that is bull. & westernized married men don't cheat on their wives and then go home to their naive arses and jump in her toto after marinating their meat in another or other womens' gumbo sauce? kiss their wives goodnight after eating some sour meat? grin grin please. that is bull, polygamy does not mean careless s3x. Let's not buy into stereotypes.

Bawd babe! grin grin
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by tunnytox(m): 8:05pm On Jan 21, 2011
Polygamy is a matter of choice if the parties involved are happy with it however, from the perspective of someone who's married and completely commited to my family I don't really know how I will feel dealing with 2 women and their children at the same time.

My family need my total attention at all times and for me having another wife will definitely be emotionally stressful (how can I profess my love to 2 women at the same time?), apart from this it usually lead to strife undue competition and many other problems, for me I'll stick with one wife.
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 21, 2011
koolchicco:

Bawd babe! grin grin

I'm cool like that  grin grin grin 
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by MrsChima1(f): 8:10pm On Jan 21, 2011
When it come down to it, there is no necessity for polygamy. The MAIN reason polygamy were even encouraged not because the shortage of men for every women. It was to breed children for labor and the more families you have in each tribe the more stronger in numbers you were.

Once again, this is 21st Century there is no ECONOMIC reason for polygamy. Now if the people want to engage in polgamy by all means ENJOY.

I won't be engaging in it that for sure.
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by MrsChima1(f): 8:11pm On Jan 21, 2011
I also want to add,

The men barely can handle and support ONE WOMAN why would he burden himself with another one?
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by koolchicco: 8:21pm On Jan 21, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

I'm cool like that  grin grin grin 

. . .Tripped.
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jan 21, 2011
koolchicco:

[color=#0055bb]KOOLCHICCO!  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

OMFG! I hate that emoticon sooo much!  grin grin[/COLOR]
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by dayokanu(m): 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2011
minute:

In most of these monogamous societies, We have men and women who cheat on their partners like its going out of fashion. So that does not stop the herpes and disease thingy.

or in a society where you can divorce 4 times in a year? Polygamy doesnt make much of a difference.

What about a guy who has 5 kids from different mothers or a woman who have 4 kids from different fathers while they were never married? How are these different from Polygamy.

Personally I cant do it because you have more than enough trouble with one woman
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

When it come down to it, there is no necessity for polygamy. The MAIN reason polygamy were even encouraged not because the shortage of men for every women. It was to breed children for labor and the more families you have in each tribe the more stronger in numbers you were.

Once again, this is 21st Century there is no ECONOMIC reason for polygamy. Now if the people want to engage in polgamy by all means ENJOY.

some women went into it to excapes poverty from their families
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by koolchicco: 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

[color=#0055bb]KOOLCHICCO!  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

OMFG! I hate that emoticon sooo much!  grin grin[/COLOR]

Hehe, Why nah? I thought u wouldn't mind me dancing for u! cheesy undecided
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by Atreides(f): 10:59pm On Jan 21, 2011
@tpia & harakiri,fight! Fight!! Fight!!! grin grin. . @Topic,whether polygamy is good or bad is subjective. I don't really care about the moral/ethical/cultural/worreva-al reasons for and against the practice-As far as i know i'm never gonna practice it,then everyone else can carry go. P.s-I don't believe in polygamy. I just can't get over the idea of following a roster/schedule.
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by MrsChima1(f): 7:50am On Jan 22, 2011
ZIM DRILL:

some women went into it to excapes poverty from their families

Please fastforward to 2011. Thank you very much.
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by Areaboy2(m): 7:54am On Jan 22, 2011
come Oh. the lady above, dont u sleep? shocked
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by MrsChima1(f): 7:57am On Jan 22, 2011
Excuse you? I just logged back in damn! I am in a different time zone than here. Why would I be sleeping in the afternoon?!!! angry angry angry angry
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by kaymoney2(m): 8:20am On Jan 22, 2011
Its a matter of choice, But polygamy is ok only if the Man
is got a big and a lion's heart to cope with all the Hanky panky,
Crisis and the evils that comes with it. But mind you it could be very
expensive for the man to run too
tongue shocked
Re: Or Is Polygamy Totally Bad? by queensmith: 9:53am On Jan 22, 2011
minute:

soo tru! thats another way of looking at it!
Mrs, Chima:

I think your right! but as time passed it became a sign of wealth, stewpid people! lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Handle Rejection In Marriage! / Bb Wahala / Earning $100 From Your Ex Dates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.