Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? (44506 Views)

Please Help! I Forget Things Easily, Do I Have A Medical Condition? / Should I Be Worried My Urine Isn't Salty? / Please help me out I Forget Things Too Often. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Liposure: 2:14pm On Jun 03, 2020
redsun:

Spiritual attack is tantamount to prismatic attack. And living in an irrational society is obviously a traumatic experience because there are no reasonable solutions to life mundane problems.

Everything seems like a mystery because there is no structured learning pattern that promotes and enhances knowledge.
sherlock holmes how far
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Fijobaba(m): 2:14pm On Jun 03, 2020
I disagree with the diagnosis of Attention deficit Hyperactive disorder because of your age. People who suffer from ADHD can't go to normal schools as they are often distracted and have no interest in learning. You have a very sound brain as you remember all the names and faces of ur ex classmates but one down side of having a super brain is that your brain tend to discard some informations it considers unimportant thereby creating space for more important information. My advise to you is to pick specific places where you keep things and condition your brain to remember those places and gradually ur brain will stop disarding your storage locations as unimportant informations that needs to be erased.

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by dierich: 2:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
OP must be stressing too much. do you have a sound sleep?
I hope you're not into online business that'll make you awake all through the night?
you need to rest well coz I've been in your shoe before.

it happens to me twice during my higher institution days. I read for an exam and I'm fully prepared. it's one of my best course that I'm sure to score nothing less than 85% so I read extraordinary so as to make A in d course to boost my GP. so I read all through the night without sleeping. I was feeling myself that I'll murder my lecturer today with the highest mark.
immediately I entered the exam room, as they pass the question paper to me, I forgot everything, not even my name.. lol. I couldn't remember a single thing at all, if looks like I've never see that course before. it's one of my friend that help me out. my friend is even surprise that what's happening to me because they all respect me in that course. after I got home, sleep and wake, I remember everything and that was when I knew I could have gotten over 90%. it happens to me twice like that. during my ND and HND.
also, at my place of work when I was preparing for NYSC, my work is always at midnight, so as I work all through the night with my phone and earpiece on, listening to rap music (Tupac), so a particular music comes in and I want to next it, that was when the problem started. I couldn't remember my pattern again. until I slept in the afternoon, and after I woke, behold, I open it once, but prior to sleep, I've tried it more dan 100times but couldn't remember the pattern I've been using for ages..

op, you need to give yourself rest.
good luck to you.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Liposure: 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

True!
Most times i dream strange, crazy dreams that keeps me occupied throughout the sleep...
I only wake up when the dreams are over, and i don't get to vividly remember them.
hav you dreamt and in the process you felt you ve dreamt the same dream b4
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by emapraiz(m): 2:24pm On Jun 03, 2020
funkyj99:
how is it a gift? how is it a gift? how is it a gift?

You can't forget things easily... Do you know how many people are praying to have this gift including me.
You have more advantage in the exam hall except you are lazy to read. You don't forget anything you read easily
Bros na big gift oh

Bros if you no want abeg give me
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by rexesq(m): 2:35pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:
I tend to forget where I keep my stuff easily, and it's really annoying. I may do something right now and forget it seconds later. Ironically, I remember things like names of people, what people said and the faces of people easily and accurately. I can still remember the surnames and names of my ex-classmates in secondary school perfectly, and the names and surnames of 202 people in my class at the University level.

My forgetfulness, however, petrifies me a lot as I'm 22 years old. What could be wrong? Should I be worried or it's normal at such an age?

Mods please help me push it to the FP let me get replies from the good people of NL. smiley

When did this start?
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by redsun(m): 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2020
Greatswimmer:
Mine is even worse than this, I have lost two phone on this forgetfulness,the worst case is the day I am using my phone torch to search for thesame phone, my roommate are just looking at me like is this one well

You were probably using your phone torch because there was no electricity in the 21st century. That is enough to make you lose your mind and forget things. Avoidable stress and anxiety.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by hakeem4(m): 2:43pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:
I tend to forget where I keep my stuff easily, and it's really annoying. I may do something right now and forget it seconds later. Ironically, I remember things like names of people, what people said and the faces of people easily and accurately. I can still remember the surnames and names of my ex-classmates in secondary school perfectly, and the names and surnames of 202 people in my class at the University level.

My forgetfulness, however, petrifies me a lot as I'm 22 years old. What could be wrong? Should I be worried or it's normal at such an age?

Mods please help me push it to the FP let me get replies from the good people of NL. smiley

How well do you sleep?
What is the quality of the food you eat and how many times a day do you eat
How stressed are you after the days work?

try improving on these things

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by anungangampu: 2:44pm On Jun 03, 2020
Do you daydream alot... i wont mention ADHD because i know the under cause of ADHD is excessive daydreaming

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by foleskay(m): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
ProfDview1:

He-Diot... It wasn't me...

U av dementia eacalu
You see your life outside. You're d one. U better grow up
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Mydazz(m): 2:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
On a scale of 1- 10, How organosed are you ?
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by anungangampu: 2:48pm On Jun 03, 2020
Fijobaba:
I disagree with the diagnosis of Attention deficit Hyperactive disorder because of your age. People who suffer from ADHD can't go to normal schools as they are often distracted and have no interest in learning. You have a very sound brain as you remember all the names and faces of ur ex classmates but one down side of having a super brain is that your brain tend to discard some informations it considers unimportant thereby creating space for more important information. My advise to you is to pick specific places where you keep things and condition your brain to remember those places and gradually ur brain will stop disarding your storage locations as unimportant informations that needs to be erased.
You have no idea what ADHD is. The idea that adhd is for dull brain is actually wrong. If he get hyperfixated in remebering names and getting some task done, that doesnt count him off as Adhd.

2 Likes

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Observer1: 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2020
It's due to excessive use of social media,cut down on your use of phone and other gadgets and try reading more books,take atleast 2lt of water per day and 8hrs of sleep per night and you'll be fine with time.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by engrchykae(m): 2:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
HoliMaree:
You're suffering from attention deficiency syndrome.
It's called ADHD for short. You're not remembering because you do things on impulse, without thinking. You're hyper, always full of activity. It's not your fault but caused by some chemical imbalances in your brain and you're not alone , many have it undiagnosed .
I do,a restless mind that can't be controlled, watching film, reading books, browsing nairaland and playing music at the same time.
But it seems there is a genius seed lurking behind

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Ghostrye: 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

ADHD, sometimes ago I wanted to return a screwdriver from the house to the car in a hotel a few houses away but in the same street. It was raining heavily and I remember opening the gate of the house, stepping out and then a blank, next thing I remember is re-entering the house with the screwdriver in my hand gone.
The memory of going to the hotel or putting the screwdriver in the car was just wiped out and I had to go back to confirm if I actually put it in the car.
Crazy thing
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Greatswimmer: 3:06pm On Jun 03, 2020
[quote author=redsun post=90269281]

You were probably using your phone torch because there was no electricity in the 21st century. That is enough to make you lose your mind and forget things. Avoidable stress and anxiety.[/quote/This is not about stress or anxiety.I even think is spiritual as someone stated above I forgot name and face easily . 2 I dear not put password or pattern on my phone.3if I removed cloth,shoeor drop my phone I must search for them whenever I want to use it/them .The list goes on.That is why my friend always surprised whenever they saw my result (Test or exam)
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by AdamsAbubakar(m): 3:16pm On Jun 03, 2020
Ghostrye:

ADHD, sometimes ago I wanted to return a screwdriver from the house to the car in a hotel a few houses away but in the same street. It was raining heavily and I remember opening the gate of the house, stepping out and then a blank, next thing I remember is re-entering the house with the screwdriver in my hand gone.
The memory of going to the hotel or putting the screwdriver in the car was just wiped out and I had to go back to confirm if I actually put it in the car.
Crazy thing

People will think something is wrong with your senses.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by adanny01(m): 3:25pm On Jun 03, 2020
Investnow2017:

How do you feel when you can't find what you kept? I know for someone like you it could be so frustrating. Almost unforgivable when you learn that it was moved by someone else without your knowledge or permission. That is how it feels. Am I wrong cheesy cheesy

You are not wrong at all. In fact, you are so right.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by professore(m): 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2020
Take care of your mental health. How? Take things easy, if u need anything and it's not forthcoming, don't embark on excessive thinking which leads to gloom and sadness. Be happy, relax, smile, enjoy every moment.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Emmanuel602(m): 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2020
DarkJeddi:
What exactly does masturbation have to do with retention of memory and who established that fact?
Google PMO and semen retention
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by petitejolie(f): 3:42pm On Jun 03, 2020
Ur suffering from high intelligence
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by francis2565(m): 3:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
I think it has to do with occupying your mind with other things.
Do you talk or think through imaginary things in your heart when walking alone and
Plus if you check you will discover that you do most of those things on impulse or as soon as you do start doing them you forget yourself.
I took my charger my two flash my external drive to office today, so I told myself these are the list of things you must take back home, bros that was how I forgot my charger, it was after I left my office gate I remembered, so such things do happen really.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by TheBoy1740: 3:49pm On Jun 03, 2020
It is quite normal. If you forget where you keep things, it may be because you don't have a regular place where you keep them. Say your comb for example, if you use and dump it, you certainly won't remember where you kept it.

My advice, have a definite place where you keep the things you use in your room and see where it goes from there.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by KoolBigk(m): 3:53pm On Jun 03, 2020
You're not alone, I know of about 4 people that has this forgetfulness issue.

one has even forgotten all her original credentials & travel documents in a bus in the past. If it's treatable, will implore you to seek medical advice & get treatments.

AdamsAbubakar:

1 Like

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Ghostrye: 3:56pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

People will think something is wrong with your senses.
They can't understand. TBH even me sef sometimes I don't understand meself.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Emiluv77: 4:04pm On Jun 03, 2020
Hi it's well with you
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by BoboKush(m): 4:23pm On Jun 03, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:

What exactly were you doing that you started remembering everything?

I put ma mind to anything I do..... In details
And Dat was all

I was initially very scared too..... I can't even read n retain what I read much then.... But with me putting ma mind over every details it was getting better n here I m nw perfectly ok
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by semitunde: 4:29pm On Jun 03, 2020
Akosxxx:
I'm in the same boat with you OP.
As a kid, I can never forget where I keep my things as I easily replay it like a video in my head.
I topped my class all through secondary school although I seem to forget little details that made my classmates then wonder how I managed to top them in class if I can't recall some little events.

It worsened in the university, On a particular night, I went to the hostel toilet with my lamp and forgot it there after using the toilet. On getting to the room, I remembered that I had left my lamp there so I took my roommates lamp to aid me see so I could pick up my lamp.

Reaching the toilet, I forgot what I came to do and ended up leaving my roommate's lamp there too! . On entering the room, friends that were together in the room asked where the lamp was. That was when It struck me that I left 2 lamps in the toilet with a period of about 10-15 mins. They were amazed, laughed and we joked about it.

Also, there was a time( I think in my year 2 or 3) I was completely blank for about 20 minutes in an examination hall yes 20 mins! I couldn't write anything. It wasn't due to fear, I completely forgot.
I graduated without having a single carryover.

At a time I thought it must be a spiritual attack.

I'm seriously interested in knowing what could have caused this kind of condition really.

It's not spiritual. Watch your stress levels. Your brain isn't suited to sudden stress levels. You didn't notice earlier because you weren't reading under stress.

Stress can be caused by what you're reading: not understanding easily, reading at the wrong time (you may not be suited for night reading or day reading), and crash reading. Some external factors that also aggravate the situation is when you don't have very enough finance to support you, to get the right books and to eat the right food.

Solution: 1. know your self and how your body and mind operates. Try to remember the reading patterns that helped you pass easily when in secondary school. Modify your reading pattern around that. You don't have to read when others are reading if it doesn't suit you. Don't read when your head is full or heavy already. Take a stroll or preferably a nap.

2. You may be having mild fever. Commonly malaria or typhoid. Get tested and treat it.

3. You're short of multivitamins and minerals. Have supplements and start the dosage immediately.

4. Eat well and don't joke with your sleep. Stop gisting during night hours. Do this, and you'll be out of your condition.
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by kodded(m): 4:38pm On Jun 03, 2020
Kenplay:

You are simply a Melancholic temperament. We both have the same issue, its natural but the price to pay for being intelligence because our mind is always occupied with thoughts and feelings which is too deep for the outside world to understand. Even Bill Gate said he has the same issue. We also both Introverts, so just relax.
smiley can I pm you,?
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by mamafunky(f): 4:50pm On Jun 03, 2020
Nothing much as you're too young to suffer dementia.
I think you're worried about something. Ease yourself from worries and you're good.
Stay safe!!
Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by olamydey(f): 5:02pm On Jun 03, 2020
Wrong Sir. I have been officially diagnosed of ADHD (inattentive). I went to a normal school, graduated with a 2.1 sef. However, I have my daily struggles such as low motivation, fatigue, focus issues, sensory overload and irritability which I developed several coping skills for. God has been faithful. You can have ADHD with high IQ and still learn. It just comes with a struggle.

Fijobaba:

2 Likes

Re: I Forget Things Easily: Should I Be Worried About This Condition? by Mogajunior(m): 5:12pm On Jun 03, 2020
Start practicing Mindfulness. It helps a great deal to keep you at alert.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tribunal Suspend Efe Ovueni For Hugging, Blowing A Kiss At A Colleague In Canada / India To Produce Coronavirus Vaccine That Works On Monkeys / Doctor Said I Have A Very Low Sperm Count 2 Months After My Wife Gave Birth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.