Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,230 members, 7,829,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? (7289 Views)

I'm So Ashamed Of Guys Who Do This..... / Ladies, What Is Your Take On Jobless Guys Who Chase You? / Message To Guys Who Patronize Sugar Mummies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by drakegurl: 11:10am On Jan 21, 2011
'Guys who still carry bags, open doors, tell their girl that she's beautiful, and show respect are real men! True or False!'

How true do you think the above statement is? Or do girls consider such men fools,houseboys or should men do it on some conditions. Let me know your views!
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by harakiri(m): 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2011
Acts of this nature are termed as chivalry (the knight in shining armor saving the damsel in distress thing). In western nations where it originated, it's part of their culture and no big deal. In Africa, it's practiced mostly by the "been tos" and some educated people who try to mimic what the read in novels and see in the movies. There's nothing bad about it so long as it's not overdone and the lady appreciates it.

Personally, i don't engage in such unless it's absolutely necessary e.g helping a lady carry an overloaded suitcase. Apart from what, why on earth would i carry her hand bag? Why should i open doors for her? Is she handicapped? Did boko haram cut off her hands?

Me no get time 4 all dat yeye.

1 Like

Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by MrsChima1(f): 12:25pm On Jan 21, 2011
I don't see anything wrong with a man wanting to carry a bag or open a door. I don't see what the problem with that. She do not have to be handicap just for a mofo to do something nice for her. Damn. undecided

If that what you want to do then do it poster. FLOCK THE REST.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Evagreenfields: 2:14pm On Jan 21, 2011
Nope, they are perfect gentlemen
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Coolabbie: 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2011
No he's not a fool, it shows dat he's a gentleman. Only a foolish gal wuld fail 2 appreciate a man who does such.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 21, 2011
How can anyone open such topic? Like for real. Is this meant to be a joke
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Atreides(f): 2:30pm On Jan 21, 2011
@Topic,they're gentlemen. I get the whole opening doors part,but some of it just doesn't make sense. Why on earth would a guy carry my hand-bag for me? Did someone cut my hands? If a have a suitcase or something that's heavy or whatever then sure,he can help me carry it,but my handbag? For what? Even the opening doors is somehow-like if we were entering a place and he opened the door for me,that's fine,but if we were in a car why on earth would i sit down and wait 5 minutes for him to come all the way to the other side of the car to open the door for me when i'm not carrying a baby or something? It doesn't make sense to me sha.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by desertboom(m): 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2011
If you do the above to our Nigerian girls most of them wil tag you; fool, mumu, mugu, mallam, abokina and monkey wear coat. I only said most of them before some will attack me here.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by gentlem80(m): 2:55pm On Jan 21, 2011
@OP

If the lady is a "confirmed" virgin (current probability among Nigerian ladies stands at 0.001% grin grin grin), I will gladly open any door for such lady.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by tulk2mi: 3:21pm On Jan 21, 2011
singing fela's * i no b gentleman lyk dat o, i b african man original , me i no b gentleman lyk dat*

Didnt sombody just say they want 2 b dakore just now. dats how african men know how 2 b gentlemen have money to give her wateve she wants n she will open car doors 4 u tongue
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by koolchicco: 3:25pm On Jan 21, 2011
desertboom:

If you do the above to our Nigerian girls most of them wil tag you; fool, mumu, mugu, mallam, abokina and monkey wear coat. I only said most of them before some will attack me here.

Not far from the truth. cool

drakegurl:

'Guys who still carry bags, open doors, tell their girl that she's beautiful, and show respect are real men! True or False!'

How true do you think the above statement is? Or do girl consider such men fools,houseboys or should men do it on some conditions. Let me know your views!

@OP

I do it all the time, save that 'bag carrying' thingy. Big deal? undecided But then again only for deserving-c[i]u[/i]m-classy chick(s). cool
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Carlosein(m): 3:40pm On Jan 21, 2011
Atreides:

@Topic,they're gentlemen. I get the whole opening doors part,but some of it just doesn't make sense. Why on earth would a guy carry my hand-bag for me? Did someone cut my hands? If a have a suitcase or something that's heavy or whatever then sure,he can help me carry it,but my handbag? For what? Even the opening doors is somehow-like if we were entering a place and he opened the door for me,that's fine,but if we were in a car why on earth would i sit down and wait 5 minutes for him to come all the way to the other side of the car to open the door for me when i'm not carrying a baby or something? It doesn't make sense to me sha.

what does he drive, a BRT bus grin
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by baroong: 3:54pm On Jan 21, 2011
what does he drive, a BRT bus

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Atreides(f): 3:57pm On Jan 21, 2011
Carlosein:

what does he drive, a BRT bus grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. . Ldkmd. . Exaggeration for emphasis!
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by ZIMDRILL(m): 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2011
drakegurl:

How true do you think the above statement is? Or do girl consider such men fools,houseboys or should men do it on some conditions. Let me know your views!

dont be confused by these movies

even whites them self they dont do it everyday they do it on special occations eg valentine dinner, first few dates, anniversaries etc
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by iice(f): 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2011
I find it hilarious though. Dude with a small shoulder bag grin
I'm with Atreides on this. It's your bag, carry it unless it's filled with lead, then that's understandable.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by 190: 4:21pm On Jan 21, 2011
Poster quite true
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Demdem(m): 4:30pm On Jan 21, 2011
There is this saying i grew up with actually,

If an african man leaves his car to come to the other side to open the door for the wife then 3things is in play here.
its either 1) He has just married the wife
2) That wife is pregnant and about to deliver or
3) The door is faulty.
grin grin grin
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by koolchicco: 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2011
Demdem:

There is this saying i grew up with actually,

If an african man leaves his car to come to the other side to open the door for the wife then 3things is in play here.
its either 1) He has just married the wife
2) That wife is pregnant and about to deliver or
3) The door is faulty.
grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/378345_LMSAO_gifcc08743add65da1a3fab01ae874d7bfa
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Atreides(f): 4:34pm On Jan 21, 2011
iice:

I find it hilarious though.  Dude with a small shoulder bag grin
I'm with Atreides on this.  It's your bag, carry it unless it's filled with lead, then that's understandable.

Filled with lead indeed. . Gentleman or not,A guy carrying his girl's handbag is either seriously whipped or majorly weird.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by MrsChima1(f): 4:38pm On Jan 21, 2011
SMH at some of yall arses!
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by koolchicco: 4:39pm On Jan 21, 2011
*Reloading. . .*
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by queensmith: 4:40pm On Jan 21, 2011
lol opening doors is the way in which british men show respect to women, its a western thing. Thats how gentlemen here behave. They are generally polite people. They believe in 'ladies first' and thats one thing I love about the british culture. Respectful, courteous people!
Its exactly the same as how they tell you to use certain words and kneel for elders in Nigeria, it doesnt make you a fool, it just means your respectful. If I dont do all that in England it wont make me disrespectful, same if you dont open a door for your woman in Nigeria!
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 21, 2011
@poster
A) to be a gentleman is only worthy if/when your partner is a LADY. if you open doors etc then there are also MANY things that this woman should be doing towards your person (as any LADY would do).
B) some men are considered fools whether they open doors or not so better check your damsel! women with no class at all do not deserve such treatments as it is not in their mind's vocabulary and will view your gentleman's antics as a mugu move.some people out there value life/relationships on different criterias.
C) you should act as a gentleman according to your view of life/relationship and SHOULD NOT do anything that you are not comfortable to do or be force into this act. if a gal expect you to do that while you aint then i suggest you go seek someone else rather than comply.
D) as much as all what you said is right, i dont really believe in the carrying bags nonsense (as the gentleman description).
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Carlosein(m): 6:12pm On Jan 21, 2011
iice:

I find it hilarious though.  Dude with a small shoulder bag grin
I'm with Atreides on this.  It's your bag, carry it unless it's filled with lead, then that's understandable.

women!  anyway, i carry things for my wife sha (yes, including her bag grin)
don't ask me why cos mesef no know maybe she don jazz me tongue.
but certainly not because i be mugu sha grin
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2011
Carlosein:

women!  anyway, i carry things for my wife sha (yes, including her bag grin)
don't ask me why cos mesef no know maybe she don jazz me tongue.
but certainly not because i be mugu sha
grin

although its your wife and acceptable "SOME TIMES", you do know that the bolded above is what all certified mugus say, right?
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Carlosein(m): 6:24pm On Jan 21, 2011
^^Yea right!
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2011
^^^ do you actually believe that the mugu who is being taken for a ride would say:"i do it because i am a mugu"? seriously. . . . . . . . .  each and everyone of them will come up with their rightful reason but when its obvious, the reason is very simple: they have a very strong mugu gene!

i would understand if wifey was carrying the baby and had her hands full but "mugu it is" if/when you are carrying her bag when she is empty handed (trying to show the whole world that you're "well behaved" aka whipped)!

btw the fact that you carry her bag without no explanation or understanding is another reason why i would describe your act as true muguism.
men dont carry women's bag for "no reason", come on bro!!!!
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 21, 2011
drakegurl:

Holding a door for a woman regardless if she is a lady, woman, bctch, slut or LovePeddler to me is honorable, simple. It says something about that man who knows his mother and sisters are deserving of the same treatment. It's like me, most men ain't scht but I still see them as necessary and respect them as men.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Carlosein(m): 6:43pm On Jan 21, 2011
MRbrownJAY, with all the signs above you still can't get what i wrote for what it is?
you come de write epistle ontop. omo na wa for you o
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Atreides(f): 6:54pm On Jan 21, 2011
@Mds,is a guy carrying your handbag honorable too? To me,a guy carrying his girl's hand-bag=WHIPPED! @Carlosein,we know your own is special naa. . Of course you'll help wifey with her bag cos she's got a bun in her oven.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 21, 2011
Atreides:

@Mds,is a guy carrying your handbag honorable too? To me,a guy carrying his girl's hand-bag=WHIPPED! @Carlosein,we know your own is special naa. . Of course you'll help wifey with her bag cos she's got a bun in her oven.

Handbag? why would I ask my man to hold it for me if I am not injured (broken arm[s]) or carrying too many things? And if he did carry my bag for me that doesn't mean he is whipped. If he is too comfortable with it then. . .we have a problem lol. But holding it for me if either or both of the above applies doesnt make him whipped, now if he allows me to call him my "btch" and call me "mam" lol the that is different. Some men don't care about what others think, and some even purchase feminine products for their women. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gay Caught In Uniben Hostel / Orgasm: Reason Most Women Starve Their Spouse, Lesson To All Men / I Am The Most Beautiful Guy On Nairaland. Check My Pics Out!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.