Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,129 members, 7,849,539 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:38 PM

Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? (7308 Views)

I'm So Ashamed Of Guys Who Do This..... / Ladies, What Is Your Take On Jobless Guys Who Chase You? / Message To Guys Who Patronize Sugar Mummies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Carlosein(m): 7:03pm On Jan 21, 2011
^^sssshhhh. i have a mugu reputation to protect u know grin

seriously, at your age u are allowed to think so. but when u're married, ur man can bloody well do as he pleases.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by queensmith: 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2011
this is all funny! gawd knows how many times my bf has carried my shoes tonged my hair (horribly!) and carried my bag(s),folded my underwear and cleaned my house! its a gentlemen thing! your either one or your not! Has nothing to do with being whipped!

obviously you dont just take the handbag and parade it as if its your own! if its heavy, if they are many, of she simply needs the bag to be held you do it!
I even laugh at women that push prams whilst the man is walking majestically behind them! what kind of rubbish! even if your not british does the brain not tell you to push the child? or hasnt the woman done enough for 9 months? simple things like that! just because one is african doesnt mean he should behave like an animal!
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by iice(f): 2:53am On Jan 22, 2011
Carlosein:

women!  anyway, i carry things for my wife sha (yes, including her bag grin)
don't ask me why cos mesef no know maybe she don jazz me tongue.
but certainly not because i be mugu sha grin

Lol.

There are situations that call for the man carrying the bags eh.
But everyday i see couples strolling, hand in hand and the man is the one shouldering the itsy bitsy purse/bag thingie (no blame me, i no sabi the right terminology as i no dey hold bag grin)
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by chic2pimp(m): 7:27pm On Jan 24, 2011
iice:

Lol.

There are situations that call for the man carrying the bags eh.
But everyday i see couples strolling, hand in hand and[b] the man is the one shouldering the itsy bitsy purse/bag thingie [/b] (no blame me, i no sabi the right terminology as i no dey hold bag grin)

The Exact reason why I don't go shopping with Ladies. Dem wan turn person to superhuman finish.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by drakegurl: 11:12am On Jan 25, 2011
When i posted this, i wasn't expecting guys to be this forthcoming, anyways sha, una dey talk true, but some ladies deserved to be put in a class where they can be cared for extra, what am just saying is treat them with care o!!! Respect is important, of course as some people pointed out, not every girl deserves to be called a lady, some girls will call u MUGU weda u open door or not, so check ur DAMSEL!

Anyways am enjoying this, you guys are cracking me up!!!
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by arramyjay: 11:17am On Jan 25, 2011
Well I dnt think they are fools. I love me a guy who does all that and more.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by ragdollz: 12:35pm On Jan 25, 2011
I've seen loads of guys who go the extra mile for their ladies, in public or private; the handbag thing is v.v. common esp if the girl's hands r busy. It's a "status" thing to treat ur babe so good cos pple will think she must be a princess to be treated so nice.

Treat her like crap n pple will regard ur gf as crap.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by deniyor: 12:39pm On Jan 25, 2011
Handbag/ purse - No except she is drunk or sick and is being carried
Light bag - No, she packed it and can carry it herself
Medium to heavy back - Yep, why not?
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 25, 2011
ragdollz:

I've seen loads of guys who go the extra mile for their ladies, in public or private; the handbag thing is v.v. common esp if the girl's hands r busy. It's a "status" thing to treat your babe so good cos pple will think she must be a princess to be treated so nice.

Treat her like crap n pple will regard your gf as crap.

are you implying that if people see me walking down the street with my woman, and she is holding HER own bag, they will automatically think she is crap?! (using your above deduction). . . . . . . . .  oh lawd!

who gives a damn what people think of her, as long as you guys know where you stand/going in this relationship? you should treat your woman so good because A) you believe she deserves it and B) it makes sense to YOU, nothing more.
i can find many ways to "treat her so good" other than carrying her purse.

deniyor:

Handbag/ purse - No except she is drunk or sick and is being carried
Light bag - No, she packed it and can carry it herself
Medium to heavy back - Yep, why not?

dont forget: carrying her bags ALL THE TIME is mandatory when she is pregnant. lol
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Mygoldie(f): 6:55pm On Jan 25, 2011
Only a gentle man does that,but the ungentle man would see it as unecessary@OP.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jan 25, 2011
^^^^ would you categorize a guy that open doors and does all the extra juicy stuff BUT doesnt carry your bag as automatic ungentle?!
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Mygoldie(f): 7:23pm On Jan 25, 2011
Carrying my bag,depends on the situation,no i won't consider him ungentle,but i will consider him ungentle if he don't have the courtesy to open the car door.It's all about courtesy,it doesn't make him a less of a man.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by aminalib(f): 7:37pm On Jan 25, 2011
there is nothing wrong with a man doing that,
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Zahnda(f): 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2011
Respect and compliments, YES! But I'd have to really dislike my man to make him carry my bag. Door thing too, too contrived. Do I idle by the door waiting for him to open? Don't have time live my life like some Thursday Night Chick Flick. Get real.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by deniyor: 9:06pm On Jan 25, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

dont forget: carrying her bags ALL THE TIME is mandatory when she is pregnant. lol

Where is the mandatory pregnancy rule written?
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 25, 2011
Mr.BrownJay >>>>>> anti-chivalry! angry angry
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by aminalib(f): 9:27pm On Jan 25, 2011
i like it when my bf carrys my purse, sometimes we will be walking and ill ask him to hold it and pretend i amdoing something, then he will catch on and say " come on u want people to know u hold me" lol
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jan 25, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Mr.BrownJay >>>>>> anti-chivalry! angry angry

dont misread my post.
as i wrote earlier i see nothing wrong in opening doors etc FOR THE RIGHT PERSON. what i have problem with is carrying someone's bag while she strolls around doing nothing and carrying nothing.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 25, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

dont misread my post.
as i wrote earlier i see nothing wrong in opening doors etc FOR THE RIGHT PERSON. what i have problem with is carrying someone's bag while she strolls around doing nothing and carrying nothing.

i feel u. i understand.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Nakele(f): 10:01pm On Jan 25, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin
All I could do now is laugh laugh laugh
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by ragdollz: 10:05pm On Jan 25, 2011
Woah Mr brownjay, don't get defensive like it's a personal attack on you. i said many guys do a lot of things to show they value their babe esp in public. Imagine what pple will think if they see a girl struggling with her bags etc when her guy is right there - and other little things a guy can do to save face. It's not restricted to, but includes, the handbag issue. I notice this trend is common with the younger guys who do it without thinking, but the older bfs feel kinda self-conscious about certain acts of chivalry or pdfs. Na una sabi!
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Phate07(m): 10:10pm On Jan 25, 2011

Now, why would i want to carry her bag? Am i her bell boy? undecided
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Dsense(m): 10:13pm On Jan 25, 2011
OP.
There is nothing worng with it grin
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by deniyor: 10:35pm On Jan 25, 2011
I have made up my mind. When she is pregnant, she better carry her own bag!!!! angry angry
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Princek12(m): 5:39am On Jan 26, 2011
A man should treat a lady like the poster listed, but only to the extent that the girl reciprocates this treatment with a similar, favorable gesture.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by MMM2(m): 5:49am On Jan 26, 2011
fools re better than men who still do such things, infact dey re useless.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by chic2pimp(m): 5:48pm On Jan 26, 2011
@ Poster

Which kind of bags are you referring to, Shopping bags or Hand bags?
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by rman: 6:55pm On Jan 26, 2011
I am shocked at the number of girls claiming it is a gentle man that carries bags and stuffs. Why leave home with a bag you don't want to carry yourself? And who was carrying your handbag before you had a boyfriend?
Women claim miss independent and stuff but will be glad to have a boyfriend that opens car doors and carry handbags.
True care isn't measured by all this and I can tell you it is the TRUE PLAYERS that does all that.

A few men on this thread have given cogent reasons why they may hold a ladies bag for a while or open car doors for her. If your man does all this for you all the time instinctively, you are in control of the relationship and will definitely lose him when he gets his acts together.

Common lets get real. Men don't like to carry bags, open car doors and do the laundry(ladies wears).
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 26, 2011
rman:

I am shocked at the number of girls claiming it is a gentle man that carries bags and stuffs. Why leave home with a bag you don't want to carry yourself? And who was carrying your handbag before you had a boyfriend?
Women claim miss independent and stuff but will be glad to have a boyfriend that opens car doors and carry handbags.
True care isn't measured by all this and I can tell you it is the TRUE PLAYERS that does all that.

A few men on this thread have given cogent reasons why they may hold a ladies bag for a while or open car doors for her. If your man does all this for you all the time instinctively, you are in control of the relationship and will definitely lose him when he gets his acts together.

Common lets get real. Men don't like to carry bags, open car doors and do the laundry(ladies wears).

[b]Y O U [/b]A R E S O R R Y!
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by beeyee18: 8:40pm On Jan 26, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

[b]Y O U [/b]A R E S O R R Y!

hey wanna hook up sometme,ma email is commaweed@yahoo.com(we can chat on yahoo) i enjoy the company of girls that game(ps3) saw u at one of the gaming sections n checked out ya profile ,
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Jan 26, 2011
In this part of the world, young-adult generation, even if a guy does that, he's only going to get dissed. The girls don't appreciate it, and he'll only get names like "weirdo".

In fact if you do it to the wrong woman (aka radical feminist scum), she'll accuse you of sexism because you deemed her physically weak and incapable of opening her own damn door.

Chivalry be damned mehn.
Re: Guys Who Still Carry Bags, Open Doors For Der Girls: Are Fools?true Or False? by ragdollz: 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2011
Imagine you walking your darling girlfriend back to her hostel after evening classes . . . . along the breezy, tree-lined campus roads . . . .you reach out and offer to carry her hand bag just because. I mean, you loff her and it just feels right to hold her hefty little bag grin grin grin. She says thank you very sweetly and smiles with girly love as her hand is now free to hold yours as you both skip along. A nice goodnight kiss awaits you somewhere along the line. . . . grin grin grin grin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

She Is A Complete Wife Material Except That She Is Not Beautiful, I'm Confused / Man's Testicles Got Stock In A Chair During Chair Sëx Position With Lover (VIDEO / Do You Prefer "dating" Or "courting"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.