Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents (60999 Views)

UNICAL Publishes Names Of 638 Students Withdrawn From The Institution / Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen / How Do I Get Testimonial From A Secondary School I Did Not Finish From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Vnn2868(m): 8:51am On Jun 04, 2020
This is serious but it'll be better you inform your parents on time to avoid hearing it from others. This is because, hearing it from others will amount to double disappointment.
It's not end if the world.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by missimelda01(f): 9:06am On Jun 04, 2020
omotowo2:

You are beautiful
Thank you.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Raheem2386: 9:07am On Jun 04, 2020
Even though you are sad and all, u need to pick yourself up and move on. Inform your parents, since you have a high Cgpa You can apply for a Change of course to microbiology,biochemistry, physiotherapy or even medical lab science and still try to perform well in the course you get. While you are doing any of those courses you can write JAMB again and try the medicine, if it works out you start again. There are a lot of people who left 300L in other courses to start medicine all over. But keep an open mind if it doesn’t work out you can explore possible PG options in the course you will graduate with, infact another option is finish the course and apply for direct entry(200l) to study medicine. Pls don’t dwell too much on it, just find a way to fix it. “Worry is like a rocking chair, it keeps you busy and takes you no where”
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by RTSC: 9:09am On Jun 04, 2020
Period007:
U cannot be withdrawn after spending just a year and failing just one course.
I don't believe this ur story yet
He failed biology, not just any course.

A medical student that fails biology at 100 level could be in trouble depending on the school.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by gbadeyinka: 9:10am On Jun 04, 2020
Pls move on with your life young man & make the most of the opportunity. Several opportunities abound for you to excel. You're not a failure but work in progress. Inform your parents & be positive. Aim for the highest grade in your next course. BE POSITIVE!
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by RTSC: 9:14am On Jun 04, 2020
You are just in 100 level. You have not gone too far.

Transfer to another department and make sure you take jamb again when the time comes.

I know someone that was given physics when he wanted to elect/elect.
He gained the admission and still did jamb the following year.

He is now a practising electrical engineer today.

I also know someone that dropped out of biochemistry at 300 level when he got medicine through jamb.

Your case is a piece of cake.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by omotowo2: 9:19am On Jun 04, 2020
missimelda01:

Thank you.

Do you stay in Lagos ?
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by rampantlover: 9:34am On Jun 04, 2020
This is not the end of your life, now matter how bad you feel it must be a blessing in disguise. Life is funny and years to come you will sit somewhere and laugh about it. I wish you all the best in life.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by harisclub: 9:35am On Jun 04, 2020
Is not late. Buy jamb form again and start afresh. Crying is never a solution and u need to compose urself and act now. Confidence is d key. It has happened to many people but they didn't give up
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Oluwatosinbode(f): 9:35am On Jun 04, 2020
@op don't be depressed pls, this is not the end of life. I was once in your shoe, I moved from pharmacy to biological sciences not because I'm dull but situation warrant it. I told my mum and later she related it to my dad. Please take it as fate and don't do another jamb go for biological sciences.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nehyooh(m): 9:37am On Jun 04, 2020
[quote author=othermen post=90273446][s]Don't tell your parent anything. Or you want to kill them too? Pretend as though you are still in school, collect money for books, get your school fee by yourself; use the money to drink and have all the fun you can, take drugs, just have fun. Never make the mistake of writing another Jamb or reapplying. Who studies biological science? You are far beyond that. In the next three years, go to wherever in Lagos and get a university MBBS certificate. Travel to the north, you will get a job. Pay your tithe. You will be forgiven for those that die in your care. It is their time_ right? The best Sir--+ and don't forget to hide or delete the diary where you said you are studying engineering. May you get the attention that you seek.[/quote[/s]] What's all these man ? This is nothing but confusion !
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Angel4lif(f): 9:41am On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:

my father Is an hypertensive patient I'm scared

Kindly inform your parent and made up your mind to go for Nursing School or Bsc Nursing is far more better than reading any science courses in the university. Take this advise and thank me later. Male nursing is needed all over the world.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by pabish(m): 9:47am On Jun 04, 2020
othermen:
Don't tell your parent anything. Or you want to kill them too? Pretend as though you are still in school, collect money for books, get your school fee by yourself; use the money to drink and have all the fun you can, take drugs, just have fun. Never make the mistake of writing another Jamb or reapplying. Who studies biological science? You are far beyond that. In the next three years, go to wherever in Lagos and get a university MBBS certificate. Travel to the north, you will get a job. Pay your tithe. You will be forgiven for those that die in your care. It is their time_ right? The best Sir--+ and don't forget to hide or delete the diary where you said you are studying engineering. May you get the attention that you seek.
Na laff Wan kill me hia.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by macville2: 9:47am On Jun 04, 2020
Monday60655:

Not in your first year. That should be in your third year.

oga that how it works. You can't come fail biology in year1 and continue. I know guys that dropped in my set (year1) because of 1 course or the other. Medicine na just war even from 100l.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by nams77: 9:57am On Jun 04, 2020
Smartmed:
which school is this?
most schools i know dont throw u out immediately, instead you are given a chance to repeat 100level
I was wondering too. I thought it is 200L that is the defining moment.
What do i know sef.

Young man, tell your papa
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by venmotors(m): 10:04am On Jun 04, 2020
This story is pure fallacy

Must school I only withdraw student in 3rd after fail in 2nd mbbs exam

I don't believe d story

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by MrEgghead(m): 10:14am On Jun 04, 2020
omotowo2:

Do they still do that ?
Yes but it's now two F
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Raphom: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

I need your sincere advice.

Man, u can't be advice to change department just like that in schl of Medicine having fail just a single course in 100level. The only thing in the rule is that u must wait to pass that course before u will be promoted to the College. So where do u now see your own story ooooo?
Though this rule change when u eventually enter the college.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Ndywin: 10:36am On Jun 04, 2020
I will be as brief as possible. my best friend had a similar experienced, in our 100L medicine & surgery he made all A's and equally failed same BIOLOGY, needless to say how depressed he was. He was transferred to microbiology but on a second thought he bought Jamb form, applied for Electrical Electronic Engineering scale through with hieghtest Jamb score hence he was so good at Mathematics and Physics.
He ended up graduating has the best student ever from that department with a first class. Presently he is in France works with Total. Far more successful

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 10:38am On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

no offence
you're just too timid to be a medical student and you don't believe in your ability
it's just an advice
you can always go on and improve on whatever course you're lagging
I won't advice you to withdraw when it's just one course and you're having A's in others
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Ndywin: 10:45am On Jun 04, 2020
Raphom:

Man, u can't be advice to change department just like that in schl of Medicine having fail just a single course in 100level. The only thing in the rule is that u must wait to pass that course before u will be promoted to the College. So where do u now see your own story ooooo?
Though this rule change when u eventually enter the college.

Sorry chief, some universities in Nigeria advice and even withdraw their students for failing just one single course in 100L. Equally withdraws if u failed 2 or more courses. A typical example is Bayero University Kano... Kindly do your research
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by kamtrix(m): 11:24am On Jun 04, 2020
Hold strong brother. I was once at a similar point. There was no way I would graduate and I knew nobody. People with smaller cases had spilled over due to same reason and mine was a myriad of courses, I was slipping into depression and death began to look like a good way out of the shame, but I just believed that God will do it for me and I put in my best in other courses, today im a graduate without any spillover and honours, God fought the entire battle for me while I was at home. Just trust that God loves you and He is aware and he will help you get the best of all this.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by augustab(f): 12:20pm On Jun 04, 2020
RichieMichie:

I know right grin this screams Elnathan

Like!!!!!!!!!!!! It's so "becoming Nigerian-ish" grin

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by SomehowBROWN(m): 12:24pm On Jun 04, 2020
My man, I feel so strongly for u after reading your story, the Nigerian educational system is very crude to students esp professional courses, justpray and hope your parents can understand you. It may be Nature saving u from further stress. I had a friend who ABU disqualified from medicine but travelled to Ukraine only to become one of their best. You're still a smart young man all you need is understanding from your parents and honestly our african parents are hard to deal with. I really feel for u bro.
sagna112:

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Chinny024(f): 12:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
Involve your parents immediately... They would need to meet the school V.C,HOD or anyone if possible...
Am sure with pleading, you might be given a second chance to repeat the course.. or have you failed the re-sit already?...
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by combination123: 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
Enoch07:
better tell them now because Las Las they will still know, so pls take that bold step and tell them now!!!
They are your parents,they won't kill u.Trust me,they will appreciate your honesty in tellimg them,than u keeping it from them n allowing them still believe u r a medical student.Tell them,you will b surprised at their reaction

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Oduclemz: 1:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
Amotolongbo:
@dear OP, Sagna112

I’m writing to you as someone who had passed through this kind of experience before. Mine was worse than yours. I will share the experience with you

Inform your parents on what is happening, they can’t beat or rebuke you

I was admitted to study pharmacy in 2006 at the great citadel, Obafemi Awolowo University. After my first session, I had 4 carryovers. Not as if I wasn’t serious or very dull, things just went in the way I didn’t understand.
I summoned courage and repeated the first year, taking only the 4 courses. I passed all and proceeded to 200level.
I repeated 200level and had to take all the courses again in my fourth year at the university. After the fourth year, I passed the courses though with resit in two courses. I promoted to 300level for the fifth year.
I repeated 300level and had to take all the courses in 300level in my 6th year at the university.

Finally, the worse came after my 6th year in OAU pharmacy school, it was a withdraw from the faculty of pharmacy to other faculty.
I wept and felt so bad as if that was the end of my life. Every thought in me had elements of suicide in it. But my parents were so aware, I called my mum who was at work immediately my course mate notified me of my fate. Dad had known earlier that day before me through one of our lecturers.

My parents stood by me and made sure I was happy and supported me financially, physically and spiritually until I was able to change my department to Geography in the faculty of Social Sciences.

I’m a Geography department graduate now and on a verge of being a registered Surveyor and I feel more happy and fulfilled than being a pharmacist

Being withdrawn from the medical school is not the end of life. There are billions of opportunities in other fields.

Please notify your parents now. They will know later, but they will feel more disappointed then than now.

How can you graduate from Geography and become a surveyor?
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by UcheforGod(f): 2:30pm On Jun 04, 2020
othermen:
Don't tell your parent anything. Or you want to kill them too? Pretend as though you are still in school, collect money for books, get your school fee by yourself; use the money to drink and have all the fun you can, take drugs, just have fun. Never make the mistake of writing another Jamb or reapplying. Who studies biological science? You are far beyond that. In the next three years, go to wherever in Lagos and get a university MBBS certificate. Travel to the north, you will get a job. Pay your tithe. You will be forgiven for those that die in your care. It is their time_ right? The best Sir--+ and don't forget to hide or delete the diary where you said you are studying engineering. May you get the attention that you seek.
You mean this story is fake? Well I thought as much because in my school UNN, failing a course in first year as a medical student (mbbs) means repeating a year not withdrawal.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Asauto(m): 2:58pm On Jun 04, 2020
��

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by MRBUBBLE(m): 4:01pm On Jun 04, 2020
go again! take Jamb and apply again. don't give up. but first come clean with mum and dad
Officialgarri:
If you have passion for it, take Jamb and start again.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Liverpoolfc(m): 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
One carry over is supposed to be repeat not withdrawal. Things are unnecessarily difficult and frustrating in this country. The school probably over admitted your set.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by drealcivilceno(m): 4:26pm On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:

One school comes to mind- UNILAG

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

How To Secure A Scholarship Admission To Canadian Universities / The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online / WAEC EXPO/RUNZ 2020 | NECO EXPO/RUNS: CALL 08138222229 NOW

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.