Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents - Education (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents (60926 Views)

UNICAL Publishes Names Of 638 Students Withdrawn From The Institution / Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen / How Do I Get Testimonial From A Secondary School I Did Not Finish From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by mullerman: 4:37pm On Jun 04, 2020
Take the course giving to you first and tell your parent everything because they will still know in future and that may be too harmful to them,if you have passion for medicine reapply again and pray to God wholeheartedly he surely make your dreams come to pass.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by DrYem(m): 5:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
[b][/b]
sagna112:
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

I need your sincere advice.

I’m surprised they asked you to withdraw after failing a course in part 1 though. I read medicine too and during our times in school, you’d repeat the class if you fail only a course. Ask for clarifications from your course adviser pls .

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jun 04, 2020
Your HOD 'verbally' advised that you change department. How's that official? Do you see that on your profile @ the portal?

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Emeguy(m): 5:14pm On Jun 04, 2020
It sometime happn... Don't be over confident in writing ur paper, if u are given a second chance, treat every exams seriously, and never consider it as a give away, then also include prayers, go back to ur Hod and discuss things... If possibly u can repeat that level... Pls kindly speak to someone ur parents listen to ... So that he can help u relate the issue...
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jun 04, 2020
Better discuss with your school's student affairs advisor/ course advisor before you make panic errors. You're only in 100l.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by MrRasheed: 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
#prayer is the key to success! Try and meet your Hod again after your...I believe there will be a solution to it.
sagna112:
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by juniorstar(m): 5:18pm On Jun 04, 2020
othermen:
Don't tell your parent anything. Or you want to kill them too? Pretend as though you are still in school, collect money for books, get your school fee by yourself; use the money to drink and have all the fun you can, take drugs, just have fun. Never make the mistake of writing another Jamb or reapplying. Who studies biological science? You are far beyond that. In the next three years, go to wherever in Lagos and get a university MBBS certificate. Travel to the north, you will get a job. Pay your tithe. You will be forgiven for those that die in your care. It is their time_ right? The best Sir--+ and don't forget to hide or delete the diary where you said you are studying engineering. May you get the attention that you seek.

devils incarnate ....who send you... tell them say you no see ops
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 04, 2020
You called for your script.

In some schools that's a very serious thing to do. Lecturers hate that with passion Cuz they can lose their jobs for it.

Your HOD might just be going extreme to punish you.

Don't go back to your HOD. Ask someone else
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by otis28h(m): 6:12pm On Jun 04, 2020
Bros don't kill yourself over this ooo. some has gone to the land of no return over similar issues, plz change to pharmacy if it is possible. and tell you parents. you still have a a lot of opportunities to come. dust yourself up and rise like the phoenix form the ash. wish you luck.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Monday60655(m): 8:06pm On Jun 04, 2020
macville2:

oga that how it works. You can't come fail biology in year1 and continue. I know guys that dropped in my set (year1) because of 1 course or the other. Medicine na just war even from 100l.

Except different institutions operate different ways. Usually on a course in your year one, you will be on probation.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by eddy60: 8:08pm On Jun 04, 2020
go ahead and tell them about it.the earlier d better
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Catalyst001(m): 8:39pm On Jun 04, 2020
Take the bold step and let them know now. Thank God that it is just 100L, u have not gone too far. The earlier the better, u can even obtain another Jamb form asap to pursue ur dream course
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Catalyst001(m): 8:41pm On Jun 04, 2020
But which school is that sir?
Don't they do repeating when u failed a single course instead of straight withdraw
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by yembet(f): 6:31am On Jun 05, 2020
My candid advice to you is to inform your parents as soon as possible, before it is too late to make needful changes, at the University.
This is just one of the challenges one faces as, a scholar.
Not studying medicine, but studying another course is not the end of the world. Who knows, you might even do much better by choosing a different course. Don't be depressed or discouraged by this.
Wishing you all the best for the future.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Vill(f): 9:20am On Jun 05, 2020
Officialgarri:
If you have passion for it, take Jamb and start again.

with which money. when he has already told you that his father sold a piece of land just to pay his school fees
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Joshmanuel10(m): 12:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
sagna112:

Know u not d only one who has gone through this... The longer u wait the harder it gets
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by cenmysterio: 2:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
The OP is not telling the whole truth, I mean which school ever withdraws it student just for carrying one course no matter the department. Its unheard of, the worst case is for you to repeat but not withdrawn from the department. OP there is something you are not telling us because the story does not rhyme with reality.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by ProT: 3:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
I don't know ur school; but if ur school offers Radiography, try ur best to switch to that department (Radiography); then tell ur parents.

Maybe, ur parents might assist u in taking another JAMB exam; or u may continue with the Radiography, since it is also a highly-sought and lucrative course.

sagna112:

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by ProT: 3:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
cenmysterio:
The OP is not telling the whole truth, I mean which school ever withdraws it student just for carrying one course no matter the department. Its unheard of, the worst case is for you to repeat but not withdrawn from the department. OP there is something you are not telling us because the story does not rhyme with reality.
I know Unizik is on this table; as a Medicine and Surgery student, one carryover in ur 1st year, u're out!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by dammyuna: 6:32pm On Jun 05, 2020
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Eazyll(m): 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
Had this similar experience some years ago, today by God grace am a Medical Doctor
sagna112:

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by kasbae(f): 11:08pm On Jun 05, 2020
If it was easy being medical Doctor I am sure Your parents would be doctors. Just open up they will not kill you. Any good parent will encourage you to switch to a course you can handle or have interest in.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Zeeknow3245(m): 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2020
Damn it!!!!
Although you are not in medical school you could still make it up by writing jamb again or going further with other course sha. Tell your parents even if you are scared,pata pata na slap or shout. I know what you feel, the pride of being called a Doctor and your parents same.
Not all Doctors are happy and not all are rich just simply comfortable

4 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by RuggedSniper: 11:20am On Jun 08, 2020
Amotolongbo:
@dear OP, Sagna112

I’m writing to you as someone who had passed through this kind of experience before. Mine was worse than yours. I will share the experience with you

Inform your parents on what is happening, they can’t beat or rebuke you

I was admitted to study pharmacy in 2006 at the great citadel, Obafemi Awolowo University. After my first session, I had 4 carryovers. Not as if I wasn’t serious or very dull, things just went in the way I didn’t understand.
I summoned courage and repeated the first year, taking only the 4 courses. I passed all and proceeded to 200level.
I repeated 200level and had to take all the courses again in my fourth year at the university. After the fourth year, I passed the courses though with resit in two courses. I promoted to 300level for the fifth year.
I repeated 300level and had to take all the courses in 300level in my 6th year at the university.

Finally, the worse came after my 6th year in OAU pharmacy school, it was a withdraw from the faculty of pharmacy to other faculty.
I wept and felt so bad as if that was the end of my life. Every thought in me had elements of suicide in it. But my parents were so aware, I called my mum who was at work immediately my course mate notified me of my fate. Dad had known earlier that day before me through one of our lecturers.

My parents stood by me and made sure I was happy and supported me financially, physically and spiritually until I was able to change my department to Geography in the faculty of Social Sciences.

I’m a Geography department graduate now and on a verge of being a registered Surveyor and I feel more happy and fulfilled than being a pharmacist

Being withdrawn from the medical school is not the end of life. There are billions of opportunities in other fields.

Please notify your parents now. They will know later, but they will feel more disappointed then than now.
^^Absolutely BRILLIANT... I love you for the inspiring post, and that you didn't take your life just like other students who ran into academic headwinds in the university. I see you also delving into agribusiness or the travel/tours business as well. Take charge!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Amotolongbo(f): 11:26am On Jun 08, 2020
RuggedSniper:
^^Absolutely BRILLIANT... I love you for the inspiring post, and that you didn't take your life just like other students who ran into academic headwinds in the university. I see you also delving into agribusiness or the travel/tours business as well. Take charge!
Thanks so much bro

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by RuggedSniper: 11:55am On Jun 08, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Thanks so much bro
^^^Alright then, You're welcome.smiley Just curious... What's the meaning of your moniker -"Amotolongbo?"

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Amotolongbo(f): 12:19pm On Jun 08, 2020
RuggedSniper:
^^^Alright then, You're welcome.smiley Just curious... What's the meaning of your moniker -"Amotolongbo?"
One who knows as much as a cat.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by RuggedSniper: 1:12pm On Jun 08, 2020
Amotolongbo:
One who knows as much as a cat.
Ahaa! grin It's clearer to me now. That explains the neighbourhood cat in your pic profile. Yup... "Ologbo" in Yoruba means "Cat." Go figure! You're also a "cat with 9 lives." Take care.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Oluwauchebest(m): 8:29am On Jun 10, 2020
This is why I hate anything concerning selling of land and borrowing of money..... I toldy mom if the money is not there... If you can't afford it just let me know...... I no deg like too much talk and stress oh bcoz man must Bleep up.... Just gather mind tell dem sha
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by mozele(m): 3:17pm On Jun 13, 2020
Amotolongbo:
@dear OP, Sagna112

I’m writing to you as someone who had passed through this kind of experience before. Mine was worse than yours. I will share the experience with you

Inform your parents on what is happening, they can’t beat or rebuke you

I was admitted to study pharmacy in 2006 at the great citadel, Obafemi Awolowo University. After my first session, I had 4 carryovers. Not as if I wasn’t serious or very dull, things just went in the way I didn’t understand.
I summoned courage and repeated the first year, taking only the 4 courses. I passed all and proceeded to 200level.
I repeated 200level and had to take all the courses again in my fourth year at the university. After the fourth year, I passed the courses though with resit in two courses. I promoted to 300level for the fifth year.
I repeated 300level and had to take all the courses in 300level in my 6th year at the university.

Finally, the worse came after my 6th year in OAU pharmacy school, it was a withdraw from the faculty of pharmacy to other faculty.
I wept and felt so bad as if that was the end of my life. Every thought in me had elements of suicide in it. But my parents were so aware, I called my mum who was at work immediately my course mate notified me of my fate. Dad had known earlier that day before me through one of our lecturers.

My parents stood by me and made sure I was happy and supported me financially, physically and spiritually until I was able to change my department to Geography in the faculty of Social Sciences.

I’m a Geography department graduate now and on a verge of being a registered Surveyor and I feel more happy and fulfilled than being a pharmacist

Being withdrawn from the medical school is not the end of life. There are billions of opportunities in other fields.

Please notify your parents now. They will know later, but they will feel more disappointed then than now.

your circumstance could make someone commit suicide o. just imagine your parents never had the financial wherewithal then... catastrophic!

at time we really need to thank God and appreciate our parents for the steps and action they took to be financially stable o.

some of us never had such privilege. If we're in your shoes then, I would have concluded the world had sealed my fate already and there's no hope left.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

What A Young Girl Did On My Way To Work That Most Adults Ignore. Including You! / UNIUYO Post UTME Past Questions and Answers / KSU Fresh Graduate Killed By Cow Few Days After His Pictures Went Viral (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.