Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents (60929 Views)

UNICAL Publishes Names Of 638 Students Withdrawn From The Institution / Ibukunoluwa Are Withdrawn From OAU For Bad Performance, Grabs 1st Class At Bowen / How Do I Get Testimonial From A Secondary School I Did Not Finish From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Hurray2030: 4:56am On Jun 04, 2020
Something is not right here at all. Looks like you are either not telling the truth or what you wrote is a fiction. You can't be asked to withdraw because you failed one course now, especially after doing very well in other courses. No opportunity for Resit? Abeg your story look so unreal. You can't do so well and fail just one course,and your course adviser/department will not find a way out abeg

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by vickydevoka(m): 5:07am On Jun 04, 2020
Amotolongbo:
take some steps upward to read my edited post
Same thing happened in unijos 100level 2009 set medical student. De jst want to reduce de population of students from 100 level.
Inface en de happen for most skuls. Him jst fall victim, sorry
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by vickydevoka(m): 5:08am On Jun 04, 2020
Period007:
U cannot be withdrawn after spending just a year and failing just one course.
I don't believe this ur story yet
It happens sometimes. U will be changed to another department. Especially medicine. Pharmacy go repeat u
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Richie77: 5:09am On Jun 04, 2020
Shit happens ..... I've invested above a million on a project and the project didn't work out despite all effort and I'm still standing strong. Just tell your Dad and mum

Next move :

1. You can move to another department , continue your studies and obtain another jamb to study medicine .

2. Again, learn to believe in destiny cos u said, it's the simpler course . That medicine might not be good for your destiny . Some forced it to happen and died in less than 5 years .

3. With my little experience in life, it's not everyone that cares for your success. some are so sad to hear u will be a doctor one day. Tell your parents to stop announcing themselves . let the success speak.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by restore8(m): 5:13am On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

I need your sincere advice.

That's the only place you can run to Bro. Home.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by galadima77(m): 5:16am On Jun 04, 2020
othermen:
Don't tell your parent anything. Or you want to kill them too? Pretend as though you are still in school, collect money for books, get your school fee by yourself; use the money to drink and have all the fun you can, take drugs, just have fun. Never make the mistake of writing another Jamb or reapplying. Who studies biological science? You are far beyond that. In the next three years, go to wherever in Lagos and get a university MBBS certificate. Travel to the north, you will get a job. Pay your tithe. You will be forgiven for those that die in your care. It is their time_ right? The best Sir--+ and don't forget to hide or delete the diary where you said you are studying engineering. May you get the attention that you seek.

Don't mind that attention seeking OP and the gullible fellas falling for his lies and deceit.

Same person who said;

Jesus never existed,

Anyone who doesn't believe in the big bang theory is a fool

Insulted someone that he should be in the university studying geology...just imagine

...and told another fella his mates are in the university studying medicine.

Better be careful with life.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Kemmy210(f): 5:22am On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:
My name is Uche a 100Level supposed medicine and surgery student of a Nigerian University, I used to be very brilliant and that was what instigated me to apply for Medicine and Surgery after acquiring an aggregate score of 270 in both JAMB and POST-UTME Examinations, I was then admitted a years ago into a university.

I am the only child of my parents, they have spent so much on me just to make sure I become a doctor, dad had to sell one of his plots of land to pay for my registration fees, purchase a brand new laptop, a phone and clothes for me and all my needs, Mum who has no job since she was sacked by the state government will always try to send the little that will pass through her, when I think of the way she announced to her friends when I gained admission to study Medicine it brings tears from my eyes.

It will be an injustice on me to be blamed or for me to blame myself, I know the effort I have also made, I have always taken my studies serious, I never missed any lecture, I neither miss assignments nor tests, I sit at the front of the class, I don't keep bad gangs, I have never attended a party, sometimes I do RTDB (Read Till Day Break), what is then my offense? why me?

At the end of my 100 level Second semester my CGP was reading 4.2 without a single carryover, I was very happy because I thought I had scaled through the danger zone.

The unexpected occurred when I logged into the school portal at the end of my Second Semester Examination to check my result, I cleared all the courses with A's and B's but a course was reading Carryover, I nearly fainted when I saw the result, it was a biology course I offered in second semester to me the course was the simplest of all. I did not inform my parents because I din not want to dishearten them.

The school resumed, so I went to my HOD and complained, she took me to the Exam office who searched thoroughly for my script and from what I saw it was obvious I failed, I scored 32% and was asked to change department, my HOD advised that I go to Biological Sciences, my eyes were filled with tears.

How do I tell my parents this, it only mean I have brought shame to them. I have remained in school since then crying from one angle to another I don't know whether to go home to my parents to inform them of the truth or keep telling them lies.

Please my dear brother,it won't be easy but the earlier the better you tell your parent.
Firstly,tell your mummy first since you said your dad is hypertensive.She will know how to tell your dad.
Secondly, biological sciences is not bad.You can choose between biochemistry or microbiology,but try to maintain good G.P,when you graduate,you can do direct entry into medicine(a friend of mine did that) from zoology to medicine.So assure your parent that you will still become a medical doctor.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Nobody: 5:23am On Jun 04, 2020
Amotolongbo:
@dear OP, Sagna112

I’m writing to you as someone who had passed through this kind of experience before. Mine was worse than yours. I will share the experience with you

Inform your parents on what is happening, they can’t beat or rebuke you

I was admitted to study pharmacy in 2006 at the great citadel, Obafemi Awolowo University. After my first session, I had 4 carryovers. Not as if I wasn’t serious or very dull, things just went in the way I didn’t understand.
I summoned courage and repeated the first year, taking only the 4 courses. I passed all and proceeded to 200level.
I repeated 200level and had to take all the courses again in my fourth year at the university. After the fourth year, I passed the courses though with resit in two courses. I promoted to 300level for the fifth year.
I repeated 300level and had to take all the courses in 300level in my 6th year at the university.

Finally, the worse came after my 6th year in OAU pharmacy school, it was a withdraw from the faculty of pharmacy to other faculty.
I wept and felt so bad as if that was the end of my life. Every thought in me had elements of suicide in it. But my parents were so aware, I called my mum who was at work immediately my course mate notified me of my fate. Dad had known earlier that day before me through one of our lecturers.

My parents stood by me and made sure I was happy and supported me financially, physically and spiritually until I was able to change my department to Geography in the faculty of Social Sciences.

I’m a Geography department graduate now and on a verge of being a registered Surveyor and I feel more happy and fulfilled than being a pharmacist

Being withdrawn from the medical school is not the end of life. There are billions of opportunities in other fields.

Please notify your parents now. They will know later, but they will feel more disappointed then than now.

Admitted for chem eng in 2003. Left after 6 years for the department of Geography. Today I’m a chartered accountant enjoying the finance/accounting field.

It’s not the end of the world

Told my parents after I transferred and they were supportive. You just have to tell them

Sagna112

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by olusegxz: 5:26am On Jun 04, 2020
Philadelphia:

The words in bold are false. There's never a position like that in Chevron. In Chevron Corporation, Africa and Middle-East are different world's apart; they're totally in different SBUs. It's just like saying an individual doubles as Police Chief in 2 different states in Nigeria. That statement is false for 2 reasons: (1.) There's no office in the NPF as Police Chief. (2.) Administrative wise, it is impossible to be the no. Police officer in 2 different states.

So, it'd either you're blatantly lying or your friend is lying to you.

Well you may be right, I was not in chevron I'm a doctor. But what I know is he started of in Chevron in Nigeria in 1997. And he spent half his time in the middle east. I know he worked and rose up the ranks in natural gas till he headed the department. The countries his position extended i cant say but he spent half his time in the mid east. Now he owns a oil consulting firm. Anyway the story is this guy was initially in med school and that's fact the rest is history.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Tinity123: 5:38am On Jun 04, 2020
You can choose another department ,for your parents you can drop a written note for them when they go through it they will contact you.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by olusegxz: 5:39am On Jun 04, 2020
Philadelphia:

The words in bold are false. There's never a position like that in Chevron. In Chevron Corporation, Africa and Middle-East are different world's apart; they're totally in different SBUs. It's just like saying an individual doubles as Police Chief in 2 different states in Nigeria. That statement is false for 2 reasons: (1.) There's no office in the NPF as Police Chief. (2.) Administrative wise, it is impossible to be the no. Police officer in 2 different states.

So, it'd either you're blatantly lying or your friend is lying to you.

That said. Coming to think of it, it is rare for you to be withdrawn in 100 level but it is possible. For those asking and talking about carry overs, in those days and I believe up till now (let's be honest the syllabus we use is the same from the 60s), medical students are not allowed to 'Carry over'. You have to pass every course before allowed to move to the next level. So if you fail the first time you are given a resit. If you fail your resit you are allowed to repeat the year. If you fail the year you are withdrawn. Except 100 level. In 100 level you cannot repeat you will be asked to change your course if you get less than 40 in any course, as they believe you would have difficulty going forward. But thats medilag though and that was donkey years ago.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Deeemphasis01: 5:42am On Jun 04, 2020
YOU MUST TELL UR PARENT! even if you did'nt had 4.2 in ur first semester as u said and i will advice you to put urself together,prepare for the next jamb nd apply for mbbs again its never too late but make sure ur parent know of everything.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Calicoe: 5:51am On Jun 04, 2020
U for just accept the biology course and graduate leave school. Dis country where wetin u read for school no dey determine where you go work las las na him u wan waste your time for?
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by solomedoh: 6:01am On Jun 04, 2020
Wait ooo, do you mean you cannot carry over the course in 200 level ?
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Onlyonebuhari: 6:13am On Jun 04, 2020
MrEgghead:
Don't say what you don't know...In UNIBEN, until last year it was FAIL ONE FAIL OUT, now it's Two.

Mr Man Medical rules the same world wide. Keep your lies to yourself.....so no resit in uniben?
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Philosopher1979: 6:16am On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:

You can try medical labiratory science (mls). It is still a goid course and u can make a career out of it. It us a good course.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by omalicha2: 6:17am On Jun 04, 2020
Pls tell your parents about it, start by telling ur mum. You will still make it. Calm down and don't think too much. Write another JAMB
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by PrechaSon: 6:22am On Jun 04, 2020
Its sad what is happening to you right now, but you just to to talk to your parents, you will find out they will be disappointed but still supportive. There are great opportunities out there still, so it's not the end of the world, you cant hold on to a lie for ever. You need to tell them the truth and trust in God.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by sunshine1974(m): 6:29am On Jun 04, 2020
Please confess to them. It's nothing. They will even be afraid nothing happens to you. If you lie now you will need many more lies to keep the secret and before you know it, your life will be ruined
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by sunshine1974(m): 6:31am On Jun 04, 2020
I'm trying to understand though, so because you failed a single course, you will be withdrawned from the department?

I dont think this is fair though.

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Inda2020: 6:34am On Jun 04, 2020
他们想要我的心灵灵魂和我的身体。秘密社会试图盯着我但是我会把它隐身在一个他们找不到我的地方해튜켜큐코너 ㅁㅎ녘 노뉴너뉺캬ㅓㄴㅎ누넌ㅍ녀뉴논 킄ㅍㅋ ㄴ큐.ㅓ뉴너뉸 人士官长 者勿
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by BoboKush(m): 6:46am On Jun 04, 2020
Normally as u see say na u Bleep up get 32 u follow reason HOD / lecturer for a raise to 40 make e just be pass so u can stil retain ur department.... U could av act emotional.... Cry n all and worst case tip them.... Then u av to overwork again in ur year 2

Let assume u av done all that and it failed that when u shld be talking abt new department n informing ur parent

I knw of a lady that's supposed to graduate but had issue with a course..... She failed
Ha parent followed ha to HOD / lecturer and it was resolve.... She's serving currently.... Lol

U don't even need parent for this kind tin unless u r nt outspoken..... It just a course and according to you other papers looks good
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Movicq(m): 6:48am On Jun 04, 2020
Sorry oo dat na village pipo oo lyk 32 of dem

Tell ur HOD say u wan repeat d 100level u nor wan transfer
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by CountDooku(m): 6:53am On Jun 04, 2020
It is no big deal... It happened to me... And it happened to alot of other people I know... Some died before graduation some died after graduation it is life. One thing you must not do is keep it a secret from your parents and again., when you get another course do not carry over that failure... The only time you should not fail is that second chance... Make sure you come out the best... There is alot you can do with your life besides medicine and pharmacy... Lots of other courses offer equal if not better chances. Do not internalize failure, just tell your parents God willing Pick a new course and forge on... You lost a battle but you can win the war still.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by thesmallgod(m): 6:55am On Jun 04, 2020
It is only in Nigeria someone will have A and B in almost all courses but F in one course.
When you are ready to choose a course. Please do not choose any of the following course
Biochemistry
Physiology
Anatomy
They are dead courses in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by naxclimpsey(m): 7:04am On Jun 04, 2020
This story doesn't sound true. Your CGPA in 100 level was 4.2 and just because you failed just oooo I mean just only one course which is biology they asked you to withdraw not even on probation. Ok if school of medicines don't allow carry over it's ok but why telling you to change to biology which you even failed in the first instance. I stand to be corrected tho
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Zoe99(f): 7:05am On Jun 04, 2020
I'm not really active on Instagram.
NigeriaB:

Wow, you are a medical student?
Please what's your Instagram handle?

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Zoe99(f): 7:05am On Jun 04, 2020
I'm not really active on Instagram.
NigeriaB:

Wow, you are a medical student?
Please what's your Instagram handle?

1 Like

Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Zoe99(f): 7:06am On Jun 04, 2020
Yes
1Sharon:

They went from 3rd yr back to 1st yr? embarassed
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by Totosweetdie(f): 7:07am On Jun 04, 2020
sagna112:

You better tell them. Because when they hear it later it might break their heart. Maybe medicine wasn't meant for you. Switch course and prosper Young blood.
Re: I Have Been Withdrawn From Medical School. I Can't Tell My Parents by 15ssDRIVE(m): 7:17am On Jun 04, 2020
Amotolongbo:
@dear OP, Sagna112

I’m writing to you as someone who had passed through this kind of experience before. Mine was worse than yours. I will share the experience with you

Inform your parents on what is happening, they can’t beat or rebuke you

I was admitted to study pharmacy in 2006 at the great citadel, Obafemi Awolowo University. After my first session, I had 4 carryovers. Not as if I wasn’t serious or very dull, things just went in the way I didn’t understand.
I summoned courage and repeated the first year, taking only the 4 courses. I passed all and proceeded to 200level.
I repeated 200level and had to take all the courses again in my fourth year at the university. After the fourth year, I passed the courses though with resit in two courses. I promoted to 300level for the fifth year.
I repeated 300level and had to take all the courses in 300level in my 6th year at the university.

Finally, the worse came after my 6th year in OAU pharmacy school, it was a withdraw from the faculty of pharmacy to other faculty.
I wept and felt so bad as if that was the end of my life. Every thought in me had elements of suicide in it. But my parents were so aware, I called my mum who was at work immediately my course mate notified me of my fate. Dad had known earlier that day before me through one of our lecturers.

My parents stood by me and made sure I was happy and supported me financially, physically and spiritually until I was able to change my department to Geography in the faculty of Social Sciences.

I’m a Geography department graduate now and on a verge of being a registered Surveyor and I feel more happy and fulfilled than being a pharmacist

Being withdrawn from the medical school is not the end of life. There are billions of opportunities in other fields.

Please notify your parents now. They will know later, but they will feel more disappointed then than now.

God speed to your location. Na u be correct student,no ne like we .... wey kill teacher papa and mama .... come turn up as Bob Marley student,but las las ..

Wetting go be,go be.....

Bro’s, no to kill yourself oh.. check out both parent,1 must get mind .... na him you go give the apako news.... say gbege don happen. Make sure you have the excape plans laid out......

Because Mama go wan hear the next line of action. Read all your lines wella,Mama can be FBI Officer,hearing and reading you to be sure,say no be storylines!!!

Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

What A Young Girl Did On My Way To Work That Most Adults Ignore. Including You! / KSU Fresh Graduate Killed By Cow Few Days After His Pictures Went Viral (pics) / UNIUYO Post UTME Past Questions and Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.