Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,958 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless - Business (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless (47058 Views)

Nigerian Businesses Gradually Going Cashless (Photos) / Never Use Wema/alat ATM Cards For Int'l Transactions.. / What's Wrong With My Wema Bank ALAT App (please Help) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by biomedics(m): 5:06pm On Jun 05, 2020
1. Zenith Bank.
2. Fidelity Bank.
3. First bank
In descending order.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by saxwizard(m): 5:19pm On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:
I am so pissed off right now.

I wasn’t angry when I broke the card. I just wanted to make sure that:

i. I will not be able to use the card or account anymore.

ii. I will be forced to open a new regular bank account.

The Story (in brief)

I suffered a failed POS transaction yesterday.

I sent Wema ALAT a mail and they are yet to reply as of now (almost 24 hours later).

I called them this morning and listened to a recorded message about how my call may be delayed because of COVID-19. I quickly cut the call. Their customer wasn’t effective before the virus came along, so I wonder what to expect now.

I later visited their bank and the customer care rep told me the transaction will be reversed within 14 days, if they were sure that I was really unable to withdraw the money.

14 days? Why is this so?

The money doesn’t even belong to me and the owner is very angry with me right now. Someone sent it to her and she wanted to use someone else's account to receive it, but I convinced her to use me—and then this happened.

Worse, she needs it for feeding and I don't have any money to give her. (She wasn’t paying me for the service in case you’re wondering.)

I suffered the same thing in the hands of GTB. (Their regular customer service email complaints@gtbank.com isn't even working anymore.)

In fact, I opened a WEMA Alat account because of GTB’s failures. I thought Alat will be better since they marketed themselves as a “Digital Bank”, but it appears that I was wrong. They are “digital” in name only.

This should be the third or fourth time WEMA Alat is doing this sort of nonsense to me. And that is without counting the failed mobile and POS transfers.

I am actually not concerned about GTB’s and Wema’s failures. I just hate their terrible customer service.

Failed transactions are one thing. I actually consider them normal. However, poor customer service and unwillingness to quickly solve failed online transactions aren’t. And this is unfortunately common with most banks and businesses in this country.

Now, I’ve have made the decision to stop going cashless. I will start moving around with cash henceforth. I’m sick and tired of all these failed POS transactions and sluggish customer service reps.

I know I will still do some online transactions but that will be occasionally (online shopping, international payments, etc.)

That said, I want you all to answer these two questions:

1. Which bank is reliable for online transactions?

2. Which bank has the most effective customer care service in this country?

I’m thinking of opening a Union bank account since I can see they have revamped their business, but I don't want to jump into conclusions as I did with Alat.

Could you all help me out?

P.S. Please UBA and Skye (if this one still exists) are out of the equation. I used them in the past and can confidently say they are terrible. They steal money.

I don’t want Access bank too. I’ve never read anything good about them. They and fraud are relatives. I don’t want Diamond bank either since they are the new owners of Access bank.

So, any suggestions?

try kuda microfinance bank

you go enjoy them trust me

you fit search for them on Twitter

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by vivypretty(f): 5:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
DuBLINGreenb:
THE STORY IN BRIEF
Goes on to write the history of the world
Oga why the fook you lying
lol ,Now this is comic relief

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by raydboi(m): 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2020
Standard Chartered Bank
Thank me later.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Brunonani: 5:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
I used to have similar issues with the banks but I used digital financial technology now and life has been easy again... I use VoguePay Digital to be precised and you will thank me later after downloading their app on the stores... They simply gave me everything I needed from customer service, seamless, transfers, paying bills, and so much more... Try them and thank me later.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by BlackFlamefromP: 5:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
Throwing away the baby with the bath water. You have one issue and you are already condemning and bad-mouthing the app. I have been using the Wema Bank Alat account for about 3 years now. Thoroughly satisfied with the app. The app does everything it is designed to do. Seamless transfers. ATM withdrawal seamless. Loan feature perfect. Great feature for saving using Goal or Stash.

The problem with many people is ignorance of how to use the app along with their negative mindset and negative expectations which become self-fulfilling prophecy.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by LoveJesus87(m): 6:02pm On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

Do you know what Ibadan women call LAPO?

Gbomu sori lantern (Putting your breast on a lantern). The worst mistake a businesswoman can make is to borrow money from LAPO. It will end in tears. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lol grin
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Housing(m): 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
Don't try FCMB that is a bigger fraud
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by okus17: 6:27pm On Jun 05, 2020
In this type of situation, Sterling Bank is the best to deal with. Sterling Bank will refund your money instead of telling you to wait, while they wait to reverse the money into your account then debit you. Most banks do not do that rather they will twll you to wait. CBN has mandated all banks to ensure quick reversal of failed web transaction of any accounts, but you know be of our greedy nature and I don't care attitude of Banks they will tell you to wait. So Bros, choose your BANK wisely, Bank with Sterling Bank.

Shoodboi:

The Story (in brief)

I sent Wema ALAT a mail and they are yet to reply as of now (almost 24 hours later).

I called them this morning and listened to a recorded message about how my call may be delayed because of COVID-19. I quickly cut the call. Their customer wasn’t effective before the virus came along, so I wonder what to expect now.

I later visited their bank and the customer care rep told me the transaction will be reversed within 14 days, if they were sure that I was really unable to withdraw the money.

14 days? Why is this so?

The money doesn’t even belong to me and the owner is very angry with me right now. Someone sent it to her and she wanted to use someone else's account to receive it, but I convinced her to use me—and then this happened.

Worse, she needs it for feeding and I don't have any money to give her. (She wasn’t paying me for the service in case you’re wondering.)

I suffered the same thing in the hands of GTB. (Their regular customer service email complaints@gtbank.com isn't even working anymore.)

In fact, I opened a WEMA Alat account because of GTB’s failures. I thought Alat will be better since they marketed themselves as a “Digital Bank”, but it appears that I was wrong. They are “digital” in name only.

This should be the third or fourth time WEMA Alat is doing this sort of nonsense to me. And that is without counting the failed mobile and POS transfers.

I am actually not concerned about GTB’s and Wema’s failures. I just hate their terrible customer service.

Failed transactions are one thing. I actually consider them normal. However, poor customer service and unwillingness to quickly solve failed online transactions aren’t. And this is unfortunately common with most banks and businesses in this country.

Now, I’ve have made the decision to stop going cashless. I will start moving around with cash henceforth. I’m sick and tired of all these failed POS transactions and sluggish customer service reps.

I know I will still do some online transactions but that will be occasionally (online shopping, international payments, etc.)

I’m thinking of opening a Union bank account since I can see they have revamped their business, but I don't want to jump into conclusions as I did with Alat.

P.S. Please UBA and Skye (if this one still exists) are out of the equation. I used them in the past and can confidently say they are terrible. They steal money.

I don’t want Access bank too. I’ve never read anything good about them. They and fraud are relatives. I don’t want Diamond bank either since they are the new owners of Access bank.

So, any suggestions?

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by chelseamann(m): 6:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
Stanbic IBTC Bank is the best bank in Nigeria..the only limitation is lack of branches as compared to other commercial banks in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Ooe33: 7:05pm On Jun 05, 2020
Oga, as far as complaint resolution goes, Polaris Bank is just TOP notch. Customer Service line always open, Emails always replied on time.
Their key attribute is honesty. They tell u "as it is" why it happened, where ur money at, what will be done and when u will get back ur money.
Plus u don't need to visit a branch to get updates.

Shoodboi:

The Story (in brief)

14 days? Why is this so?

So, any suggestions?

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Chinenye321: 7:07pm On Jun 05, 2020
I am currently using VPD digital bank and its working for me and solves most of my financial needs. Plus i also use the app to pay for utility bills and enjoy cashback. Who ALAT help?

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by tasceige(m): 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2020
Lemme just drop this here.

I want to believe it's the kinda account you operate. You spoke about UBA, have I even had issues with them? Yes!!
Dispense error.. they promised 7 working days. After the 7th day, called and sent a mail to their CS, they haven't received feedback from herritage bank but was told to fill an indemnity form and within minutes my money was transferred to me.

Zenith? CS I believe is too notch, just that bad eggs will Sha be everywhere.

Discarded Access
Discarded Keystone (no history)
Discarded Diamond.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by cuteboy2: 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2020
OP stick with GTB. I have never experienced POS or ATM issues with them. Network for online transaction is probably the most stable.
I have never heard anyone complaining about Stanbic IBTC.

FBN mobile is always experiencing "we don't have network", even inside the banking hall.

All those people shouting Polaris, Fidelity, UBA, LAPO, etc. Don't go near these banks. You will cry more tears. cry
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Curdlebug(m): 7:28pm On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

UBA is not a bank. I have an account there but my ATM has expired. I don't use the account anymore anyway. They were fond of illegally deducting my money back then. They made some funny withdrawals every week or so. Very terrible bank. I still use their AfriCard though, not because I want to but because I have no choice.
what makes the Africard so important?
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Jamoojazzy(m): 7:33pm On Jun 05, 2020
I work with Union bank Let me open Union bank Account for you... I will play a role of both the Account officers and Customer Service officer, I want you to come back and give your testimony here. If you are interested contact me on Whatsapp 08168369308.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Jamoojazzy(m): 7:38pm On Jun 05, 2020
Check my Signature and anyone that might be interested, Don't worry about your location, we will sort that out. Thank you.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by ugwum007(m): 7:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
I remember that year. I bought N200 airtime via my access bank account. I didn't see the airtime, I didn't see any refund.

After 3 days, I went to the bank and complained. The customer service lady there started speaking English that I couldn't understand.

Long story cut short, they have to hide her in one of closed offices there and refunded N200 in cash.

I am yet to see that bank in Nigeria that will deduct or miss my N1 without due better reason and explanation.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:57pm On Jun 05, 2020
Try Oceanic, Intercontinental or Firstinland bank. They are very good.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by David160(m): 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

The Story (in brief)

14 days? Why is this so?

So, any suggestions?

Zenith bank
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by lexander(m): 8:15pm On Jun 05, 2020
Actually something similar happened to someone close to me a fraudster gained access to her account and withdraw 15k from her account so I sent an email 2 actually to fcmb, I even sent a msg on their WhatsApp platform .We had to call the customer care 3 days after the incident and after been placed on hold for over 35mins . The customer service agent said they would rectify the issue, it took them another 3 days to send a text confirming the request has been fulfilled and an extra 5 weeks to reply to the email.
I am yet to receive a reply on the WhatsApp ... angry
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by clintino700(m): 8:42pm On Jun 05, 2020
All I came to comment, GTB is trash when it comes to resolving complaints. There complaint mail ain't working. I have don't alot with banks in Nigeria I feel IBTC is more reliable and fast to response.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by slimanyd: 8:47pm On Jun 05, 2020
Nettybrown:
Try fidelity

bro . Why nah. Why are u so wicked like these .
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by mhizv(f): 8:51pm On Jun 05, 2020
amsad19:

I also have the same issue with fidelity Bank, I paid for startimes subscription in December and the money was deducted yet the subscription is not successful, I went to their office, they promised me that it will be reversed in 1 week, yet nothing happened, I went to startimes office they said it wasn't successful, finally I was replied on twitter that the transaction is successful so I should stop complaining.

How can I report to the CBN?

I dropped a screenshot of it. Or you csn check their Twitter handle
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by sholly28(m): 9:26pm On Jun 05, 2020
try zenith bank
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Libatine: 9:31pm On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

UBA is not a bank. I have an account there but my ATM has expired. I don't use the account anymore anyway. They were fond of illegally deducting my money back then. They made some funny withdrawals every week or so. Very terrible bank. I still use their AfriCard though, not because I want to but because I have no choice.

UBA use to debit me twice for ATM maintenance fee, when I complained they stopped it, but refused to return the the loot. Poor customer service them be NO. 1.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by gbemi514: 9:34pm On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

The Story (in brief)

14 days? Why is this so?

So, any suggestions?

my brother just use kolo... No stress no waiting for on the queue... Just go with your hammer
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Vamicz(m): 10:01pm On Jun 05, 2020
Currently suffering same fate with GTB (Failed POS trans) was told it will be reversed within seven days when I finally got a call through to their customer service after so many futile Mail attempts, it's been 10days and counting now. How do I report to CBN cuz money isn't mine.
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Timohstew(m): 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2020
Try Zenith, you will never regret you did!
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Concord23(m): 10:17pm On Jun 05, 2020
Nettybrown:
Try fidelity

Good idea and you will never regret banking with Fidelity Bank
Re: Why I Broke My WEMA Alat ATM Card And Stopped Going Cashless by Volunteer29(m): 10:21pm On Jun 05, 2020
Shoodboi:

The Story (in brief)

Good day Nairalanders! Please i"m sorry to bring this here, please bear with me. I am a graduate of Education/Guidance & Counselling ( Bsc/B.Ed) . I'm open to any job offer in Lagos and Ibadan, not necessarily a white collar job cos I believe we (job seekers) should all start from somewhere and experience is also important.. I need your assistance please.Thanks �

14 days? Why is this so?

So, any suggestions?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Tony Elumelu In 1983 Vs Tony Elumelu In 2003 Vs Him In 2016 (Pics) / Dangote And Femi Otedola Watching Arsenal Game In London / Shoprite Ilorin Locks Doors As Crowd Stormed Their Store

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.