Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,005 members, 7,814,425 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child (4228 Views)

Having A Male Child / Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? / Mother Puts Her Child Inside Pocket (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child by peacefulhome(f): 6:50pm On Jun 05, 2020
@Op, please visit the TTC thread on health section. Read what other women are passing through before they can be called a mother. Then, after , decide if you still want your mother to continue giving you headache over having a female child.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jun 05, 2020
pocohantas:

They let both us off, I didn’t report you either. You just couldn’t shut up on how I needed mods to put you on leash. I just need you to know my reporting/ignoring you was a PRIVILEGE.One on one, you no REACH!

Both !! like i had an offense, do you even need to report, your mods were never a concern so unleash dem i have bigger dogs grin ... holla on the 13th day grin wink

1 Like

Re: When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child by pocohantas(f): 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2020
anslem04:

Both !! like i had an offense, do you even need to report, your mods were never a concern so unleash dem i have bigger dogs grin ... holla on the 13th day grin wink

Naso!

Re: When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child by TheArchangel(f): 7:45pm On Jun 05, 2020
anslem04:

Apparently OP husband has no reason to think like men on forbes list, a name without continuity is as lifeless as "Remembrance" denotes. when these men are long gone "who will represent "gates" "bryant" "obama 50yrs time lemme guest daugthers with another man last names, obama becums other names, sebi you fill jamb form.
LOL ! see mumu, i expect to see names of women that had there father's name behind their husband's name, dangote, jonathan, atiku, buhari daughters are married .. google there last name as mrs, hyphenate my burnt ass.
A life without representation is as inanimate as the word " remembrance" every man needs a heir to keep his line. name is - line + , one will alway bring life without d other put a tester on it tongue
Should we also be aware of feminist, the real ones dress to work like men tho! many are hideous lesbians wink
I have never seen nonsense of this magnitude written on a paper.

5 Likes

Re: When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child by Ishilove: 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2020
Just two girls and you are crying? What will you say about my kinsman who had 18 girls from four wives?

May God forgive you, your mother and your husband for you people don't know what you're doing. Some childless women are praying for these female children you and your kinfolks are looking down on.

1 Like

Re: When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child by frozen70(f): 5:02pm On Jun 07, 2020
Leshurr:
Right from childhood my mother has always been very toxic, negative and unsupportive towards me and my elder sister. We were the only two kids she ever had with my father and their marriage packed up because he wasn't happy with the fact that she didn't bear him a son. I get the impression that she secretly resents us for being girls and that's why she treats us terribly.

I got married 7 years ago and had a daughter shortly after.. when I did the scan and we found that it's a girl, my mother drove all the way to my house and laid hands on my tummy declaring and demanding that the gender must be transformed to a boy in Jesus name. I was so upset and humiliated as she did this in the presence of my husband. Of course her prayers didn't work and I gave birth to a girl - and I've recieved little to no support from her in the raising of my daughter.

Now fast-forward to this pregnancy, from day one when I told my mother I had concieved again, she showed no enthusiasm and simply said "it better be a boy this time"..

I felt so sad and dejected, and so worried of the amount of criticism i would get from my mother.. coupled with the fear of my husband being unhappy if it turns out to be another girl.. so when it was time, I went to do the gender scan alone.. lo and behold, the doctor told me it's another girl.. my world shattered and I spent the rest of the day just driving around town crying... whilst my mother kept blowing up my phone throughout the day to find out the gender but I ignored her calls. When I got home my husband asked me the gender and I lied and said it wasn't clear. He suggested we do another scan but I kept avoiding it.

Till date I'm the only one who knows the gender and I'm due in two weeks. My mother still keeps calling pressuring me that I must deliver a boy this time.

I'm so depressed and haven't been motivated to do any baby shopping.. I just feel like I'd be felt sorry for by my friends and will be ridiculed by my mother if this child does turn out to be another girl.

You ought to be strong my dear

Your mother is a case and you have to stop giving her the audience she is getting from you and your family

You as a woman is not responsible for the gender of your child but your husband chromosomes are responsible for it

Pls relax yourself before it becomes complicated

Leave your husband to accept things the way it is and God will surely grant your heart desires

Stop expecting hope or any thing from your mother she is not a determinant factor of your life

Some women are looking for that child and going hell to get there

Be grateful to God for his pregnancies in your life

Once again, starts keeping some things away from your mother

She is not a friend to count on

2 Likes

Re: When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child by jaksmillioniar: 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2020
Gloriagee:
I sort of inferred that you are placing the primary responsibility for determining the baby's gender on the mum which I can assure you is the wrong way to go. Let's forget all the xy chromosomes thats been medically proven n focus on the fact that marriage is intended to be a partnership so that wetin pain oko go pain iyawo n vice versa.

Second, from the spiritual angle wat makes you think ur wife cant be 'attacked' on your behalf not to have a male child afterall its your name thats been supposedly preserved not her father's name. Even Isaac prayed for his wife after 20 years of barrenness so u sef can pray. E no go comot anything for your body.

I think a woman can calculate so DAT she born boy a cancellor said DAT. wat she eat and think and is a thing of d mind look otedola or dangote. did u think dey will be happy thier name died. pple will celebrate his grand child but he answer another surname. I pray for my wife but she shld pray more. got to church na woman plenty der
Re: When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child by Gloriagee(f): 7:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
My bro which one be cancellor again. Its not a thing of the mind to determine a baby's gender. Abeg make u no carry woman marry with this kind mindset.

jaksmillioniar:
I think a woman can calculate so DAT she born boy a cancellor said DAT. wat she eat and think and is a thing of d mind look otedola or dangote. did u think dey will be happy thier name died. pple will celebrate his grand child but he answer another surname. I pray for my wife but she shld pray more. got to church na woman plenty der

1 Like

Re: When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child by OG1BABY(f): 8:18am On Jun 09, 2020
Klass99:
A few parts of your narrative made me laugh, like where your mother laid hands on your tummy, insisting the baby's gender be transformed from female to male. Talk about faith, foolishness and presumption. Lol

I wish you had a strong will and mindset of your own, to not care so much about what your mother and others would think or how sorry anyone will feel for you.

Check out T.D Jakes interview with Steve Harvey, it's titled Own Your Own Happiness, you'll find it on YouTube. It is a short but really powerful interview it may be just what you need It's a 7 minute clip, but life changing if you follow the advice given.

I just downloaded it and it was worth it. Thank you for sharing. Even though I'm not the OP
Re: When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child by Klass99(f): 11:29am On Jun 09, 2020
Re: When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child by We4all: 12:49pm On Jun 09, 2020
wisdomiskey:

This has nothing to do with "African traditions"..

It is a Global phenomenon that most families prefer male children to female.

For example, look at what happened in China during their one child policy - many girl children were aborted and killed until the parents finally produced a male child (who they believe to be more honourable and valuable). As a result, modern day China is filled with men (that grew up the only child of their parents) now suffering from a scarcity of women to marry.

And you had to mention China of all countries. When it comes to some bizarre traditions and female discrimination, Asian countries are at par with Africa. So, using China to buttress your point doesn't hold sway.

When Americans and other European countries tow the path, then you can refer to it as a global phenomenon. As for now, consider it a warped mentality which is still trending cos some people have refused to become mentally civilized.
Re: When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child by We4all: 1:00pm On Jun 09, 2020
anslem04:

Apparently OP husband has no reason to think like men on forbes list, a name without continuity is as lifeless as "Remembrance" denotes. when these men are long gone "who will represent "gates" "bryant" "obama 50yrs time lemme guest daugthers with another man last names, obama becums other names, sebi you fill jamb form.
LOL ! see mumu, i expect to see names of women that had there father's name behind their husband's name, dangote, jonathan, atiku, buhari daughters are married .. google there last name as mrs, hyphenate my burnt ass.
A life without representation is as inanimate as the word " remembrance" every man needs a heir to keep his line. name is - line + , one will alway bring life without d other put a tester on it tongue
Should we also be aware of feminist, the real ones dress to work like men tho! many are hideous lesbians wink

What exactly are you blabbing about? If a 'name' is that important to you, prepare a special casket for it, so it can accompany you to the great beyond.

'Jesus Christ' had no heir to inherit his name, but his name still resonates. Why? Because he left a legacy. Strive to do the same, and stop losing sleep over something as inconsequential as a name.

2 Likes

Re: When Your Own Mother Puts Pressure On You To Have A Male Child by pocohantas(f): 7:20am On Jan 07, 2021
pocohantas:

While some men are working hard to make a name for themselves, names that will cut across generations- some others are waiting for their kids to do the continuity.

Michael Jackson is late. He has been dead for YEARS, his name still lives on. I don’t “know“ his kids, I am sure a clueless troll like you doesn’t know them either.

Dangote’s daughter, is more known as a Dangote, than her husband’s name.

Buhari’s daughter even after marrying an Indimi, still couldn’t drop the BUHARI. Two powerful names joined together.

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala is a woman whose name would CONTINUE globally, way more than your father’s - who has a SON like you.

Linda Ikeji singlehandedly put that name “Ikeji“ on the map.

Davido’s father had money, a lot of people never knew that man, till Davido made FAME. Added it to the family name and they global now.

Every man doesn’t need a “heir“ to keep his line. Every man needs to be remembered for his legacy. Every man who has a child, needs to train them to be purposeful- male or female. Spend your youthful years doing something more resourceful than trolling ME and your whole village will attach to your name.

The men I mentioned did that, that is why their children, both male and female, are enjoying the dividends of their name.

No be today Ericsmith start to collect lamba sha. This one na 12 Years A “Willing” Slave. grin

Not forgetting the OP and HIS numerous female alternates now add up. cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ladies Pls How Much Is This? / Sex Workers Beat Up Customers / My Friends House Help Is Accusing Him Of Being Responsible For Her Pregnancy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.