Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,833 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Could This Be True About Religion? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could This Be True About Religion? (3189 Views)

For Anyone Feeling Confused About Religion / Man Openly Speaks About Religion, With Heavy Claims About The Late T.B Joshua / What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could This Be True About Religion? by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jul 30, 2021
ThinkSmarter:
We all will be a waste that will be recycled by Mother Nature at the appropriate times.

Your previous comments were in vain
Re: Could This Be True About Religion? by oluwaahmed: 2:20am On Jul 31, 2021
Anas09:

quote author=ThinkSmarter post=104021676]
But the high intelligent and beauty being demonstrated by various plants and animal species baffles me.
Ah, oga, biko no crush your blokosh with a atone for here na.

You mentioned 'Intelligence'. Intelligence? Nothing brought about the universe remember?
And, I hope you know intelligence is an attribute of a being with consciousness?
And, if I may ask, why are you baffled by the beauty of animals and plants.
Or, may be you shd sit down and really ask yourself how chance can bring out so many varieties of flowers of different colors. How chance can bring abt so many different varieties of animals having different adaptations and modes of feeding.
Ask yourself why chance hasn't happen since it happened.

Chance happen and placed laws that guides the universe abi. You try.

The beauty of the morning sun, rain after days of dry weather, moon shining by the night, the complexity and brutality of the foodweb\foodchain.
In short, the creation is so amazing for an intelligent human to conclude that a genius/geniuses are behind them.
Now, this is why I didn't want to respond to you initially. You just said 'Creation', lol. You mean the universe was created then?

So, a genius/intelligent being (God), can't create an intelligent and beauty so baffling to you, but nothingness can?
And you call yourself intelligent human? Wow!

I don't blame people that believe that there is an intelligent creator.
But having a mental construct of a old man-like figure with grey hair living in space is idolatery.
Idolatry? Idolatry against who? Nothingness? Or Chance?

God=nature=natural forces
Smartninker, your thinking here is not smart at all

Yah, jehovah, Elohim is a Jewish god of war (most likely an extraterrestrial who travels in his spaceship that creates pillars of cloud by day and pillars of fire/light by night).There is even a Jewish chapter in the tamuld titled "the wars of yahwe".YHWH is the jewish creator God of the universe however he created in error because he too was also created in error. He is not God almighty. Pls read your Bible very well and painstakingly. Jesus tried to tell us while he was on earth. I won't say more than this. Why would an Almighty God require blood sacrifice? An almighty God is perfect and cannot create in error, neither will he be jealous, or murderous or regret his actions. YHWH engaged in animal & human sacrifice (Numbers 31). Jesus said seek and ye shall find. God almighty(the one, the All) is limitless, cannot create in his own image because he doesn't have an image, he is the eternal light, the source of life. We are all his children and therefore cannot have loyalty to a particular tribe talkless of ordering his tribe to kill other tribe because they do not worship him.
Re: Could This Be True About Religion? by Myer(m): 6:35am On Jul 31, 2021
Anas09:

I totally agree with the bolded.
So, is the Jesus fallible.
Is He testable and replicable?
Can He be denied?

The bible says no.
But there churches are full of the blind, disabled, sick, oppressed, etc.
Yet the bible says;

And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; 18They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover. Mark 16:17

Would you say Jesus failed them?
Obviously the healings in the bible could not be replicated.
Hence they can be denied.

Which explains why the church experienced a great falling away to atheism.
Re: Could This Be True About Religion? by charly20(m): 9:05am On Jul 31, 2021
Anas09:

Lol, I'm not a Mr. I'm a miss.
And, sorry, about my sentiments. I thought I established the fact that i will be representing Christian God Yah from the outset?
Why I said that was because, the irreligious always lump all gods together in their assertions and make us seem as though we all worship the same thing. And the Op here, although, he mentioned religious gods, he was more direct about Jehovah the Christians God, so, yeah, I have those sentiments and I can't help it.

So sorry about that, but, your comment which made me quote you suggested that you didn't care religion.
Again, sorry.

Oh wow. Are you a Progressive Christian then? because, you said other gods give LIFE to their worshippers. With this, you are either saying these worshippers can get to Yah through their deities, not through Christ. Or, you believe that they are as many Creator Gods as they are religions.

Christians believe in one God and His name is YAH.
And, no other religion or god preaches love between their God and the worshippers. Love exists only in a relationship, and they don't have a relationship wirh their gods. Only Christians have a love relationship with their God. So when you said all religions preaches love for humans i was confused because that's not true.

No, you didnt say that, but you implied it. You talked about the Universe existing as though it just exists without a propelling hand behind it. You implied that the Universe had consciousness to be able to balance itself. So, yeah, I concluded you were affirming what Smartninker who is an atheist asserts.

Presenting scriptural stance in talking about matters bothering on faith is not being objective?
No sir. I am an unapologetic Christian, and I can't talk religion without Christ.
We may end the discus here. I'm good. Good night to you

It's okay now, MISS Anas09, I understand religion is a delicate topic to everyone religious or not.

It's not even easy to accept that what you think IS actually isn't.

Have a pleasant day!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Supernatural Powers Does Not Exist, They Lied To Us. / Looking For Atheist/agnostics In Abuja / Jesus Healed Using Cannabis, Study Shows - Exodus 30, Verses 22 – 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.