Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,292 members, 7,818,988 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son (53195 Views)

Have Your Parents, Uncles, Aunts Ever Found Your Stashed Items Before? / How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? / She Built A House In Lagos Without Informing Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by dafeoroyo: 10:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
O boy let the dead buried their dead, flee for your dear life,graduate and hussle make money and come back to be a force to reckon witj
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Naso007: 10:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aizen123:
Please I need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back.

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

On getting there I called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ... That it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister.

Fast forward today... I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.

How old are you?
What about your mother?

Are they accusing any member of your family?
I mean your mother or any you the children?

You better sit up and take charge of situation.
You are now the father and the son of your immediate family.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by 0taPiaPia(m): 10:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
These things didn't start today... It have teyyyy...
These are the kind of things you put in place before your dad is gone.. I mean you have to through your SUBTLE ACTIONS or SPEECHES let your uncles know you don't take shit from the onset. That way they would know that any meeting done in your absence is a waste of time. This will save you from needless battles.

I remember going to the village ahead of my grannies burial and did a reconfiguration on my dad's house, I could eavesdrop on my uncle telling some1 he doesn't understand what's going on. I had no explanation for anybody. I even told him I needed an extra room from the ones he was holding. I no reach age #25 then oh

Bro this you matter has gone beyond you.. involve your clan and if the outcome doesn't favour you, consult your king.. this is the opportunity to set the record straight and don't neglect the spiritual aspect oh..

YOU SHALL CONQUER IN JESUS NAME. AMEN
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by tiwasiaife(m): 10:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
Bro I advise you not to keep quiet.
If u do once the burial is over they will come after u physically or spiritually.
What you have to do is to indirectly confront him and watch him react. If he react badly,go to igwe of ur town report that ur life and that of ur siblungs are in danger .
Meet village prime minister report him
Report him to PG.
Police and all who care to listen.
Make him look evil and distance urself.
Once u do my brother .he will be praying for ur long life and prosperity cos all eyes will be on him.
Keep quiet and play gentle he will start picking u people one after another without any trace.
My 50 cent.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by pyro62(m): 10:53pm On Jun 08, 2020
Because them get money pass the boy right now na.. No worry over taking is allowed. All those nonsense would stop. Just hustle oooo
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
Sorry Bruh! I cannot begin to understand how you feel, however, I take my inference from the book of Mathew 8:22 “let the Dead bury their own Dead” Because there is so much to live on for.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by israelmao(m): 10:54pm On Jun 08, 2020
Money is the issue here when such thing happens.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Goalnaldo(m): 10:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
Why do I keep seeing a picture of chiwetalu Agu as the uncle in this situation. undecided
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 08, 2020
Carchoice:
The mistake you’ll ever make in life is fighting uncles/aunties over your late fathers property. It’s not a lost battle but it’s a waste of time and resources to me.

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared but don’t fight over property’s with them. Just don’t do it.

Surprise them on the date of the burial by showing up to pay your last respect or better still you can shun it. Your father is dead already.

Don’t fight over property o!!! If they want to take it by force. Leave it for them and work for your own. You can always do more with the life ahead of you.

Why will he not fight for for father's properties is he not his father's next of kin? Can he fight for his uncle's properties when they die in future? Man your father's properties belongs to you by Law and traditionally not to your uncle's.

Do not listen to those telling you to let go! Your father's corpse belongs to you not your uncle's and you are the head in decision making concerning your father's burial, they're to complied by any decision you made, man up guy.

You can not go and detate to their children when and how to bury them when they die or share from their properties be wise.

1 Like

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by donttouchme: 10:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
The battle is lost my friend. Just nurse ur wound and move on. Similar thing happend when my father died in 2012 I was in Nd2, my elder brother was not interested. i had to take charge. First, i took d corpse to the mortuary and all the pressure and threat mounted by my uncles to send the corpse to them fell on a deaf ear.With my mother behind me, i matched on. They held several meetings without informing us; but they had one problem, they dont hv d corpse. Finally, they invited me for a meeting. In that meeting, i realised they hv planned everything. I asked how they are going to raise the fund, they said they will take a loan which they will refund with the proceed of the burial. And that we dont hv any business near the condolence register. My suspicions were confirmed. I left and went around the village to meet my fathers friends who helped to raise the burial funds. We planned the burial in the city with some elders in the village.

On the burial day, i had to get my elder brother on our side. Infact, i told him everything that transpired. He promise not to disappoint. We drove the corpse to the village on the morning of the burial. During the condolence, my elder brother chased my uncles from the canopy with a cutlass and threatened to kill any of them that will come close.

Elders begged him to allow one of them. He accepted on the condition that the uncle will sit there as a spectator. My younger brothers served as d secetary and treasurer.

In the end, we realised a lot of money that helped all of us to finish school and become the men we are today.

So my brother, u did not act on time. You are a way older than me when i faced my uncles. People were advising me to leave them but i refused. i had to outsmart them. Just move on. U didnt make a move on time. In the end, they will sell ur father's lands and tell you they use the money for the burial and money realised was used to pay up balances.

I just pray God will touch their heart to leave u guys with something. Just move on, its too late to cry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Greatlee54: 10:57pm On Jun 08, 2020
[url][/url]My brother stay away from village people if you like yourself! They will waste you without thinking twice.

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Olufas: 10:59pm On Jun 08, 2020
May His soul rest in peace. Leave the dead to bury dead and move on with your life. It is obvious they are up to something which can as well endanger your life and those of your siblings
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by uwalakathankgod(m): 10:59pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aizen123:
Please I need advice. I lost my Dad over 2 months now and he hasn't been buried due to the pandemic. My Uncle's are all in Lagos and can't come back.

So after the lockdown was over we decided to go to the village.. On getting I discovered that his shop was open and all the money going into the first Uncle (first son) account.. So I called my uncle because he told me it was locked and he was saying did he need my permission before to open the shop and i decided to just control myself because i like peace and i decided to go to the house in the village...

On getting there I called my uncle and he told me the keys are with them in Lagos ... That it was waybilled and i said ok and went back with my brother and sister.

Fast forward today... I got a call from someone in the village that my Dad's burial death has been fixed and i was wowed because as the first son i haven't been told yet by my uncle's. So right now i am about acting but i need advice.

Your not acting as the first son which you are
Is like your very weak in action that's why your uncle overlook you
Sometimes we need to be proactive to take up what belongs to us

I'm first son, I know what I am saying
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Tatashi: 11:01pm On Jun 08, 2020
Are they mad.they clearly do not regard you because youv prolly not blown.but pls cool temper,ur father would wish his burial goes well.ask your uncle why he did what he did and if he talks rudely,shut his trap up for him.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by tiwasiaife(m): 11:02pm On Jun 08, 2020
Op
My second observation is that it seem your Dad and mom are not staying together .
They are either divorced or separated.
While the former is in the village doing business,you together with siblings and mom are in the city .
If your parents are quarrelling ,whom are u siding?
While the old man was sick did u ever visit him ?
Did he ask to see u bfre his demise so as to hand his properties to u incase if he's no more? Or u chose to return to collect his properties?
Please clear us and let's know how to help.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by obimag(m): 11:03pm On Jun 08, 2020
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO YOU NOW SHOULD BE TO FINISH YOUR EDUCATION. I WILL ADVICE YOU TO PLAY IT COOL WITH THEM AND COMPLETE YOUR EDUCATION AND PURSE THE BIGGER WORLD. WORK WITH THEM AND AND BURY YOUR FATHER. THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO DRAG ANYTHING WITH THEM.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aizen123:
thanks
take that advice bro and it will help you a lot. May God guide you
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by andyanders: 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
Just be carefull over this burial if you want to live long. The family has a hidden agenda and if you wanna probe into this, I fear for lives. Allow them do whatever they've to do and be more concerned about the safety of your sibblings. Watch your back nd what you people eats within youq time of stay at the village.

Op, what of your mom?
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Emmacolinho(m): 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aizen123:

Bro nah because u no get money dem shenk you ajeh just hustle and get back at those motherfuckers
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nwaonyishi69: 11:06pm On Jun 08, 2020
It is a pity, but for such a thing to happen in igboland it suggests that the relationship you had with your father was frosty and he made them know. Perhaps, they were warned not to trust you or they saw you as causing him lots of pains. Otherwise, they are acting weird and you should choose between your father's property and your life. For the Igbos say 'oburu na nwata etoghi eto juba ajuju onwu gburu nnaya, ihe mere nnaya emee ya'. It can't be a normal behavior, so, be careful.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Catsofnaija: 11:06pm On Jun 08, 2020
Walk away. The dead is dead.
Live your life
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jun 08, 2020
Carchoice:
The mistake you’ll ever make in life is fighting uncles/aunties over your late fathers property. It’s not a lost battle but it’s a waste of time and resources to me.

Leave them to do their thing. It doesn’t mean you are a weakling or scared but don’t fight over property’s with them. Just don’t do it.

Surprise them on the date of the burial by showing up to pay your last respect or better still you can shun it. Your father is dead already.

Don’t fight over property o!!! If they want to take it by force. Leave it for them and work for your own. You can always do more with the life ahead of you.

This is a worthless advice. Why do you advise a man to let other people steal his inheritance?

That's why we are suffering in Africa. We leave everything for God.

Poster, don't listen to this cowardly advise. Claim your rightful inheritance and do not be apologetic about it.

3 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by newdawn2017(f): 11:08pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aizen123:
hmmm i have 4 uncle's and they have one heart o... whatever the elder brother does is what they will do
My dear op, enough of dis bs we accept as d norm & as love in disguise from toxic, selfish, unloving, nonbrotherhood, dubious & inconsiderate family members just because they re blood. Toxic, is toxic no matter Who is involved. Can u beat ur chest & say in d time a great distress these uncle's of urs that I am reading about here will come through for u?? Will they truthfully, & in love ve ur back in respect to ur bloodlines when there is a catch attached to it?? My dear as I can read, these uncle's of urs re bitter & desperate meaning they can harm u not regarding ur blood ties. U got to arise & get ur back urself by cutting of such parasitic, entiled, dubious, toxic & desperate relatives; blood isn't thicker than peace of mind. Love isn't binding them to u, rather it's what they stand to benefit from u, dubiously, entitlemently & in manipulation. U can't rely on them in case of sickness stories u now, they will not help wheel in in d wheelchair. Nor change ur diaper God forbid nor will they be at ur bedside in d hospital as a true kin, in love & in honor of ur blood ties. Cut them off completely, yes u can. undecided raise ur family in love at d very base. Teach ur own Sims true kin, not competition, entitlement, indifference, arrogance & greed. Raise a new blood line & kinsmen for ur self. Buy a parcel of land somewhere, they bury there when u die do life insurance save d money for ur death expenses. & Shun such satanic kinsmen.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by stanliwise(m): 11:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aizen123:

Op just ask questions but don’t fight or quarrel with them. It is important you ask questions.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by tellsblinks(m): 11:09pm On Jun 08, 2020
all i read here are weaklings!!!! God is disappointed in you all!
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by waka2: 11:13pm On Jun 08, 2020
An uncle that will do that kind of thing have really prepared for battle and if you're not careful you may follow your father, you can be a fool now to be wise tommorow, go and gives last respect to your father and forget them, afterall your mother is not there according to you, bro run for your life.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by newdawn2017(f): 11:14pm On Jun 08, 2020
Foodqueen:
Leave the shop for them.

Whatever is not work for, never last for long. They will squander the money, and go poorer.

If they didn't tell u d date of the burial, don't ask just go there the day of the burial and act cool. Leave immediately after d burial.

Their life will never remain the same again.
Leave his birthright for who?? Unless there is a will, his mother is d first rightful claimant if such property, then him second. He Who sell if everything & cut off of those uncles family isn't family if it's toxic, can't be relied on on a rainy, cost u ur peace of mind, inconsistent, & drains u emotionally, & undermines u
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by desthan(m): 11:14pm On Jun 08, 2020
Carchoice:

Word!!!
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by newdawn2017(f): 11:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
Aizen123:
thanks
sell it all of, leave d village & cut of such satanic blood lines off. Raise a new blood line for urself, u re a man!
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by femmyapson(m): 11:16pm On Jun 08, 2020
SKINDOGGY:
Bro be careful with them I don't usually comment on Nairaland but u see this tread I can't keep quite.

You joined nairaland July 2018. And you have commented on NL for 210 times. And you are saying u don't usually comment What if you want to comment

2 Likes

Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by kapelvej: 11:17pm On Jun 08, 2020
Carchoice:

The only thing I can say is that when it gets to this, be very aware that your uncles are ready for anything. So you have to either ready to fight or ignore them. Even if you ignore them they will still think you are planning something very sinister. So if you choose to ignore them, you have to be awake in your spirit at all times.
Re: My Uncles Fixed My Late Father's Burial Without Informing Me, His First Son by Purity1st: 11:18pm On Jun 08, 2020
https:///30jEvB9 pls house help me and like this daughter of mine, pics on Facebook she's a contestant let make her win
. God bless you as you do so.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Twin Women Who Are 120 Years Old (Photo) / I Hate Seeing People Succeed Including Family Members / Moments Like This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.