Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? (67756 Views)

'how Do I End A Blood Covenant Relationship I Made With My Boyfriend? He Refuses / How Do I Reduced My Love For My Boyfriend He's Taking Me For Granted / Lady Sends N125,000 Christmas List To Boyfriend & He Cries Out (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by emvuatt: 9:29pm On Jun 07, 2020
My dear if you leave you must regret it by then it will be late, beta hold your gold because your don't know the unknown ahead

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by etrange: 9:30pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ybaby:

Yea it does!

It is why men may marry very intellectually smart wives when they are poor but once successful they will step down to women with average IQ but who know how to make a man feel masculine and strong d these men will refuse to let side chic go.

Reason : intellect never made a peniis hard.

Men have two brains and once successful the dominant brain is the peniiss.

Dont believe me : just observe your surroundings

Starter wives are used for ladders and trophy wives are pampered.

Starter wives are intellectual and know how to help a man succeed and trophy wives know how to make a man beg (does not mean she is daft but she does not lead with intellect when with a man - she leads with femininty)

A woman should aspire to be both.

Intellectual for herself

Sexy for her man

You wrote beautifully but something about the ending prompted me to quote you (if you don't mind).

You pointed out some masculine tendencies (which are flaws, by the way) and in conclusion, your solution is that the woman should aspire to meet up with the these flaws. Intentionally or unintentionally, you heaped the responsibility on the woman and excused the man's stinking attitude as "the way men are".

"A woman should aspire to be both". Really? That is the solution to men who think with their di.cks when they get rich and discard their wives? I do not mean to sound cliché but this like saying ra.pe is caused by the way women dress. So the aspiration of the woman is, in other words, determined by the desire of the man while the man is left off the hook because "men will always be men".

Misogyny has eaten deep into our society, I must say.

Nice observation still.

2 Likes

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by ezep(m): 9:32pm On Jun 07, 2020
cynosuree:
Good morning. This issue has been bothering me for a long time, and I feel like it's too sensitive to ask for second opinions from people I know so I figured I'd maybe ask some strangers on the internet.

I've been with my boyfriend for about 6 months now and he's everything I ever wanted in a man. Physically, he's gorgeous, and he also loves me alot. He's kind, he's patient, communicates effectively and all. You know, all the good stuff.

But here's the problem, he cannot hold a conversation beyond "what are you doing" , "what did you eat" (and all that boring stuff) to save his life. I'm not even talking about intellectual conversations like quantum theory or anything, normal conversations about stuff that's happening around the world or around us. Anytime we try to, it usually fails spectacularly. He either ends up missing the ENTIRE point and saying something totally unrelated, or he just waits for me to say what I think so he can go "Yeeaaaa that's true" , leaving me really pissed.

He has absolutely NOTHING intelligent to contribute to any serious conversation, and this hurts me alot because it is a HUGE turn off and I'm slowly losing interest in him. It's a very tricky situation because he does/did well academically, he graduated with very good grades but that's about it...nothing more. I didn't notice it at first - before we started dating, or I would never have dated him because it is a deal breaker for me.

I have considered telling him but I don't exactly know how to approach the conversation without being rude/insensitive, I know telling him would really hurt him and I don't want that. I've also thought about learning how to live with it, because no one is perfect right? Maybe I'm asking for too much?

The latter option is what I've been doing and it's gradually killing me. I fear that I'll fall out of love completely with him and end up hating myself for ruining a good thing, because he's a really good guy .

I'd like to know what you think
Honestly this relationship and women thing tire me...
E no get were man go good pass..
U just want to spoil something because of conversation...
Y don't u just focus on his good points.
Conversation no dey put food for table..
Get sense

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Shakathezulu1: 9:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
Snipespeter:
This life self, you try to hold a meaningful conversation with your girlfriend she will say that you are claiming you know it all. I tire oh
Exactly what I'm facing with my main babe,I talk,she claims I dey form oversabi

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by iLegendd(m): 9:37pm On Jun 07, 2020
@Cynosuree

Buy him these two books: ChatDîcted and FemaleSextapes and that's all he'll ever need.
Thank me later. If you ignore this, it means you don't really want him to improve.

My only fear is: After reading those two books, he may dump you because he will be too good with conversation and he'll start applying it on other girls.

Each of those books costs 7k, but there is a promo going now right now and you can get each for 1k.

Click here to see the promo. https://www.nairaland.com/5902325/

That is the only solution he needs, but also remember it has its danger — him being too good with conversation at the end.

Search no more and case closed.

4 Likes

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by zyzxx(m): 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2020
Hathor5:

It does not work that way. When we first fall in love, we fall in love with the image of the person, which is 80% the making of our fantasy because we don't know know the person yet and don't have the full true picture of them. As we discover their true self we stay in love, fall deeper or fall out.
you can say that again

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by jansonn(m): 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2020
All these guys mentioning me shaa, make una no vex!! Am not super smart but that doesn't mean I should follow dull ladies naaa, am just a regular guy that hates a boring relationship.
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Mypeople2(m): 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
cynosuree:
You don't have to be social to be able to contribute intelligently to a conversation. I'm an introvert, not social at all, and I can contribute to pretty much any topic
Babe, if we all reason like you,many of us will not date most of the beautiful ladies.Did you not see that post someone was saying,babes with big ass are dull ?
However, you may also help him by telling or showing him what you just read .Discuss it with him, ask him what he thinks about it .I don't think it is a big issue for you to leave him because of that .Please kindly assist him,you may just be his guardian angel

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by AfroKnight: 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2020
Ybaby:

Thanks.

I am not worried about insults I have a very sharp mouth myself.

cheesy grin

Happily married 19 years

No wonder shocked Even though I felt your view was a little bit unfair, it felt tempered with experience.

And 19 years! Madam, that’s beautiful!

My thoughts are from observation of the imbalance in the society between men and women especially in Nigeria.

At least in the UK or USA if you choose to build Amazon with a Bezos, you get to walk away with 25% of the wealth you quit your job to build - but if you try this nonsense in Nigeria as a woman .... you get to open a thread on NL and recieve some sympathy and some sneers

I study people, culture and make an logical conclusion plus I have a calling to help women choose a better mate so kids donot hawk or beg or suffer.

I hope I have satisfied your curiosity.

Yes, you have. Thank you.
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by EphraimBoat: 9:42pm On Jun 07, 2020
cynosuree:
Good morning. This issue has been bothering me for a long time, and I feel like it's too sensitive to ask for second opinions from people I know so I figured I'd maybe ask some strangers on the internet.

I've been with my boyfriend for about 6 months now and he's everything I ever wanted in a man. Physically, he's gorgeous, and he also loves me alot. He's kind, he's patient, communicates effectively and all. You know, all the good stuff.

But here's the problem, he cannot hold a conversation beyond "what are you doing" , "what did you eat" (and all that boring stuff) to save his life. I'm not even talking about intellectual conversations like quantum theory or anything, normal conversations about stuff that's happening around the world or around us. Anytime we try to, it usually fails spectacularly. He either ends up missing the ENTIRE point and saying something totally unrelated, or he just waits for me to say what I think so he can go "Yeeaaaa that's true" , leaving me really pissed.

He has absolutely NOTHING intelligent to contribute to any serious conversation, and this hurts me alot because it is a HUGE turn off and I'm slowly losing interest in him. It's a very tricky situation because he does/did well academically, he graduated with very good grades but that's about it...nothing more. I didn't notice it at first - before we started dating, or I would never have dated him because it is a deal breaker for me.

I have considered telling him but I don't exactly know how to approach the conversation without being rude/insensitive, I know telling him would really hurt him and I don't want that. I've also thought about learning how to live with it, because no one is perfect right? Maybe I'm asking for too much?

The latter option is what I've been doing and it's gradually killing me. I fear that I'll fall out of love completely with him and end up hating myself for ruining a good thing, because he's a really good guy .

Being smart and holding conversations are two different things.

There are lots of intelligent people that are socially awkward. Doesn't mean they are dumb.

You can help him by studying him and observe his topic of interests and try to channel that conversation towards it often and then try to guide him out of the awkward state by jokingly mocking him.

Things like indirectly teasing him about the way he always doesn't get things or makes conversations would set up the tone to have that conversation in a light manner.

Have you seen the way he is around his friends?

Nobody is dumb because they can't make conversations or communicate well.

Communication is a skill that needs to be learned. Willingly
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by vikkeee(m): 9:44pm On Jun 07, 2020
Snipespeter:
This life self, you try to hold a meaningful conversation with your girlfriend she will say that you are claiming you know it all.
You keep quiet for peace to reign, they say you are not smart. I tire oh
There's this girl in my area i converse with once once. One day she told me that i'm too intelligent and its getting into my head. Does that even make any sense? She'd say i apply logic to everything. In my mind i was like what is the essence of having a brain? is it not for reasoning logically?

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Sadteen: 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
suddenBlionaire:

You're smart.
I like your moniker. Eye catchy lol. Did you jam this billions suddenly true true? If yes, Abeg bless your boy, if no, when you eventually jam am, still bless your boy..
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 07, 2020
Snipespeter:
This life self, you try to hold a meaningful conversation with your girlfriend she will say that you are claiming you know it all.

Lol... Indaboski
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
Angelfrost:

That right there, is exactly how "Friends with Benefits" are born!!!... Matter of time before gist of current affairs turns to intimate affairs, until the rest becomes history. tongue
You see how dirty you people's mind can get eh? So a fellow lady cannot be her gist partner? I tire for una matter abeg
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
darediamond:

O.P one enemy of your spotted!!!!
Don't quote me if you lack intelligence pls.
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:49pm On Jun 07, 2020
MUYEEKFIRST:
Olosho group of Nigeria
Olodo Incorporated
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
MedicH:

i swear.. to discuss how the carbon and hydrogen atoms arrange themselves comfortably on the 4 corners of a regular tetrahedron in sp3 hybridization
haha

kposhi kposhi
have u taken ur drugs this evening bayi
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jun 07, 2020
Naija women are scums...u dey see am bah?....

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by jansonn(m): 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
gracevile:
hello i am interested
OK naa, let's talk!! Graceville , thats the name of my sister's church in abuja. Drop ur code naa
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Ukaihben: 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
You don't value what you have until you loose it.

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2020
Skmoda360:

Say hallelujah....
Madam has answer your question....op go and sin no more erm sorry go and divorce your bf, oh my God, go and break up with him....whatever it is.....it's now your problem oooo undecided tongue
I hope you people ain't miscontruing my comment. Sge should let it go in the sense that she should stop expecting intelligent convo with him and simply be with him. Another person for intelligent convos could b her girlfriend or sibling.
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:53pm On Jun 07, 2020
macho44:
Truly, you are a "SweetCUNT"
Una mind spoil. No wonder rape dey everywhere. Perverse generation.
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by darediamond(m): 9:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Don't quote me if you lack intelligence pls.
If you are intelligent, never will you respond this way You seem to know why I spotlighted you as a foe of the lady.

Your likes are the ones who end up shouting "hmm...leave me, MAN NA MAN!"

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by jansonn(m): 9:55pm On Jun 07, 2020
234GT:

You are a thief and a cheat. Don't wreck the relationship of the foolish op
Oga, take chill pill naaa, I no even dey interested in the op self, intelligent girls still remain for this life naa
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by yenereal(m): 9:56pm On Jun 07, 2020
Parisian:
Nobody wants a screenshot of your low IQ conversations. Learn to comprehend issues before delving into them.

The op is talking about her own bf and his inability to hold or make meaningful contributions to conversations and you're talking trash.

What is talking?
I'm also talking about her bf. You with high IQ couldn't read with understanding. Will you get off my mention?
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:57pm On Jun 07, 2020
darediamond:

If you are intelligent, never will you respond this way You seem to know why I spotlighted you as a foe of the lady.

Your likes are the ones who end up shouting "hmm...leave me, MAN NA MAN!"
Wo I don't exchange with ladies abeg. So pls miss from my mention.
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
Engage him frequently. Be patient when he doesn't seem to understand. Send him ebooks or if he prefers documentaries send him links to watch on his phone. But if you can't cope, end it. I don't like unintelligent men, I won't lie.

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by kkins25(m): 9:59pm On Jun 07, 2020
cynosuree:

If that aspect is important to you then let it go. If you can keep a conversation on wuantum physics or any other subject, abeg lets be friends.
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jun 07, 2020
cynosuree:

sounds like you don't even know the guy. he probably has other interests you know nothing about

not everyone cares about current affairs or news, find out exactly what makes him tick or let him go since he doesn't tick that particular box that matters so much to you
Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Sweeetheart(m): 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
Snipespeter:

is just like you're talking to me in that post. one idiot I dey run package with is always complaining about my domination in our conversations

thank God say I just dey trick the idiot. I would be so foolish to marry that kind in my house

1 Like

Re: Do I Tell My Boyfriend He's Not Smart ? by Abbexy(m): 10:07pm On Jun 07, 2020
God bless you
Baawaa:
You can help him if you really love him and you must not use this weakness against him

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

When Babe Visits And You Both Are In Godly Relationship (PHOTO) / Do This If A Girl Doesn't Reply Your Messages In Time / When A Guy Wants To Marry A Virgin Girl By All Means...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.