Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. (87113 Views)

I Can't Believe I'm Falling In Love With A Single Mother / I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Sexually Attracted To Someone Else. / She Was The Little Girl Who Didn't Want A Boyfriend But Now; Pastor Says. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Bimffo(m): 2:45am On Jun 09, 2020
Do anything you want to do.

Just tell the boy you claim your love. Tell him with your decision.

We already know your decision. Tell your claimed boyfriend and spare him the headache of knowing himself.

So that he will leave you to enjoy life and he will also surge forward and get another person to have his time.

YOU LADIES ARE ANNOYING!!!

1 Like

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by alphaNomega: 2:45am On Jun 09, 2020
Happy989

You know you can keep both guys, right?
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by akilo1: 2:52am On Jun 09, 2020
Olosho ooo
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by 3rockets(m): 3:00am On Jun 09, 2020
This is how covid 19 enter Nigeria. "I am in love with america but i met Nigeria and he is attractive, dunno what to do?" Now look at us!
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by manontree: 3:13am On Jun 09, 2020
At this age few women are mature enough to actually date with wisdom. This is the most adventurous age where lots of mistakes are made

I reckon you are between 18-22yrs. At this age it's hard to see a woman that is committed and see through a relationship unless it is with someone older who probably has money, thus she sticks around for the cash and ride and eventually marries him

Few at this age sticks with a man finding his feet without doing all sorts behind his back. If he happens not to discover they may end up marrying much later. This is a very few cases. Most break up and tries numerous people before finally realising how things flies when they are around 28-32yrs and would look back at this past decisions with horror

My advise

There is this saying that if Goodluck Jonathan had won the 2015 election most Nigerians would by now be thinking had it been that Buhari won Nigeria would have been like London by now. Dollar would be equal to naira and Nigerians would have 24hrs electricity

But as Buhari won, we have seen that the grass is not always greener at the other side...

With maturity you would realise that a wise person sticks and works for the growth of what he or she has. There is no perfect person. There would always be others better than you or your boyfriend or your husband. But that doesnt mean whenever those seemingly better ones come around, you ditch your present for them. You would find that if you did this, it may ultimately lead to the story I said above, plus you lose your credibility and respect amongst noble men and women
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Ottiyakpa: 3:15am On Jun 09, 2020
It is hard to advice a girl with such fantasies,a lot of people spoke well here!!! Once my guy have his way in between your legs you will see his true color...being contended with what you have is good,don't lose your boyfriend to mere fantasies that will fade away like the passage of light

1 Like

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Mvena(f): 3:16am On Jun 09, 2020
If you love the first one, you wouldn't think of the second one like this.
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Mvena(f): 3:17am On Jun 09, 2020
Ottiyakpa:
It is hard to advice a girl with such fantasies,a lot of people spoke well here!!! Once my guy have his way in between your legs you will see his true color...being contended with what you have is good,don't lose your boyfriend to mere fantasies that will fade away like the passage of light
I love this talk I swear, na so some universities guys dey
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by ZooOga: 3:19am On Jun 09, 2020
cupidity

avarice

confused

trickster

deceiver

disloyal
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Folzye(m): 3:22am On Jun 09, 2020
Let me borrow this wise saying,

It will end in premium tears grin
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by whitemand4(m): 3:24am On Jun 09, 2020
This is just an excerpt from my write-up @OP

One of the major problems comes from patriarchy. I mean a general but erroneous belief that have been passed down to the girl child. Their psyche has been wired to believe that men are more than women in the world demography and so every girl child feels vulnerable and therefore wants to secure a guy for herself as early as possible. This is coupled with the fact that they have been told that a female child has a very limited time (Ile obinrin kin pe su). As soon as the girl enters PDS or 100L she wants to get a hook up. *This makes guys take advantage of them, and they come in the name of love feigning affection, which the girl terms 'he is very caring'. Meanwhile the guy understands his games.*

On the part of the guy, *men are wired in a way that they are moved with what they see. Every guy thinks he likes a lady whenever his eyes catch on a fine girl (..and every girl at this stage is beautiful). The result is that if he succeeds in winning the lady's attention, the first thing on his mind is sex. Infact in most cases, a guy will sleep with a lady on a first date if he has his ways. But ladies are not like that. Ladies cherish sex and an average lady will not give you her body until she has built trust in you. If the sex opportunity does not come early, the guy can give his life to the lady, ...and this will mean to the lady that he's 'very caring'. A guy at that stage is not ready for anything relationship but to satisfy the call of nature, but he has to come in the name of relationship to be able to secure the lady's consent and attention. As soon as the guy has what he wants and probably sees another beauty that appeals to him, he'll have to start planning his exit so he will not start building a commitment which he is certainly not prepared to conclude. But it is difficult for the guy to let go because he's afraid of breaking a heart because the truth is, she gets easily emotionally attached especially when the issue of sex is already involved because she cherishes sex. In most breakups, the most painful aspect is because she has given him her body, and in most cases due to lack of knowledge and experience, abortion has happened.*

*Truth be told, most guys in school are not ready for relationships, all they need is sex.* They are not to blame anyway, they are at a stage when the body makeup is seriously demanding (the hormones I talked about). *Girls also feel they don't have a choice because they wantu secure the future, but it is erroneous to think so because at the end of the day it makes them get highly exposed.*
Because of this feeling of insecurity, they present a lead to the guys. But from experience with students, *only a very small percent of Student-Student relationship leads to marriage.* The remaining amounts to time wasting, adventure and hard lessons. Several relationships last up to the time the guy graduates. Many of them don't have the courage to walk out while in school because of what people will perceive them to be, but as soon as they guy leaves school he will break up lass lass. I've seen several.
Another major reason is: *because the guy did not get into the relationship on any platform of constructive association but just by mere physical administration, he gets to discover who the girl truly is way deep into the relationship after many words like: 'I love you till death, you're the best I've ever met, you're the gift God has reserved for me,' ... Now after discovering her true person, it becomes so difficult to cope if they are not compatible. And since he still see lots of way out he doesn't want to start enduring with someone he can still easily do away with. He begins to plan how to leave.*

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by ofiko123(m): 3:32am On Jun 09, 2020
It's not love that you have for this new guy it is infatuation..
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by udemzyudex(m): 3:34am On Jun 09, 2020
Give him space.
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Sailorsoldier1: 3:37am On Jun 09, 2020
Happy989:
I started dating my boyfriend months ago and even before we started dating we've been good friends. He is intelligent, funny, has a great personality and takes good care of me. When he asked me to be his girlfriend I was so happy, because he is such a great guy. My boyfriend is in his final year in the same university that I attend. I'm still in my second year.

There is this guy in my department who is very good looking and also intelligent. He isn't jovial and extroverted like my boyfriend, but he is cool in a very confident and attractive kind of way. We started talking recently and he told me he finds me attractive. I told him that I have a boyfriend and he didn't seem fazed and never talked about the subject of my relationship. He still complimented my body and looks from time to time even though I didn't respond to his compliments in a way that indicated that I was in support of his actions.

During this covid-19 break we began talking more often over the phone and through texts and I always found our conversations interesting. A lot of times we'd talk till midnight. He is very witty and creative with words and I always smile whenever I see his texts or receive his calls.

Few weeks ago we talked about sexual fetishes and I realized we both had similar fetishes. This made him even more interesting because I found myself able to talk about stuff I hadn't talked about with anyone before, not even my boyfriend. This guy is not like anyone I've ever met before. His views on life are very unique and original and his personality is so complex and his sexuality is very intriguing.

The problem now is that I am beginning to develop strong feelings for this guy. When he calls me on the phone I don't wish the call to end. I find myself talking to him for minutes not minding the time. He is beginning to occupy my thoughts a lot and I don't know what to do. I still love my boyfriend but there is something about this guy that just seems to draw me to him.

I don't want to do anything that will break my boyfriend's heart.
You just want to taste a different Dyck that's all. Its very normal.
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Rebuke: 3:41am On Jun 09, 2020
yomi007k:
You have already started cheating on your bf emotionally. It is better to break up with your guy than double date.

The new guy is not as wise as you think because no wise guy will covet his neighbours woman, goods or properties.

I believe you are below 32. I don't expect much.

It may end in tears.

It will bro, not may. The Op emphasized on sexuality whatever that is called.....meaning, this whole thing is built on lust. Once that sexual desire or urge is satisfied, will there still be any reason to stay?

Even after telling him yhu have a boyfriend and he doesn't seem to see that as anything says alot about such guys.

The first comment on front page shows the kind of mind set people have these days. Teaching people how to cheat just to fulfill sexual gratification.

Funny enough, non of these guys advising her to leave her boyfriend for the new guy will be happy to see such happen to them. Same guys will label her a LovePeddler.

When will some ladies even wise up?

Now, if yhu want me to advise yhu, I will tell yhu to better face yhur studies. All these sexual relationship in the name of boyfriend in school will leave yhu in regret; used and broken.

Let godliness be yhur priority as a youth and when yhu are ready to settle down, prayerfully choose a partner.

Remember, those advising yhu to enjoy yhurself now won't be there when yhu are facing the reality and outcome of yhur decisions.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by skj1377(m): 3:41am On Jun 09, 2020
My dear go and read your book and stop dating students in your class. Am sure your CGPA is less than 3.5 because you suffer from lack of foresight on one hand and no commitment on the other hand. But unfortunately people like you get married early and probably to the best guys available what a world.
Happy989:
I started dating my boyfriend months ago and even before we started dating we've been good friends. He is intelligent, funny, has a great personality and takes good care of me. When he asked me to be his girlfriend I was so happy, because he is such a great guy. My boyfriend is in his final year in the same university that I attend. I'm still in my second year.

There is this guy in my department who is very good looking and also intelligent. He isn't jovial and extroverted like my boyfriend, but he is cool in a very confident and attractive kind of way. We started talking recently and he told me he finds me attractive. I told him that I have a boyfriend and he didn't seem fazed and never talked about the subject of my relationship. He still complimented my body and looks from time to time even though I didn't respond to his compliments in a way that indicated that I was in support of his actions.

During this covid-19 break we began talking more often over the phone and through texts and I always found our conversations interesting. A lot of times we'd talk till midnight. He is very witty and creative with words and I always smile whenever I see his texts or receive his calls.

Few weeks ago we talked about sexual fetishes and I realized we both had similar fetishes. This made him even more interesting because I found myself able to talk about stuff I hadn't talked about with anyone before, not even my boyfriend. This guy is not like anyone I've ever met before. His views on life are very unique and original and his personality is so complex and his sexuality is very intriguing.

The problem now is that I am beginning to develop strong feelings for this guy. When he calls me on the phone I don't wish the call to end. I find myself talking to him for minutes not minding the time. He is beginning to occupy my thoughts a lot and I don't know what to do. I still love my boyfriend but there is something about this guy that just seems to draw me to him.

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by ussv: 3:56am On Jun 09, 2020
Listen to your heart my dear, you know what your heart wants, if he makes you happy, do a little background on him and find out if he is too good to be true and if he is not attached and follow your heart. But also woman up and break up peacefully and nicely from your boyfirend, he does not deserve a double date or a hidden relationship, but most of all, your happiness is important. When i settled for my wife, i settled for the woman that gave me the most happiness.
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Rebuke: 3:59am On Jun 09, 2020
Let's even say this is a serious thing, like yhu were in a serious relationship with yhur so called boyfriend and now yhu are falling for someone else for whatever fettish reason.

Simply means yhu are not satisfied. When another good looking guy with a sugar coated mouth gets to yhu, maybe yhu will start considering him again. The circle goes on, what does that makes yhu?

In yhur mind yhu will think no, "this is my last" but until yhu work on yhur mind to think on what matters most, yhu will never be satisfied.

If this story is real, I bet yhu will soon realise the said guy is just out to have his own share of yhur body.

I don't like commenting on topics like these but I am wondering the kind of life we live as youths these days.

Look at the advice some people give here, yhu will be surprised how almost nobody gives a damn about purity again.

People seeking advice here to me are not ready to face reality.

Once again, I tell yhu go and read yhur book. Year 2, yhu don't need the boyfriend things. Serve God with yhur time, concentrate on yhur book and forget all this yhur sexual fetishism.

Be very careful what yhu do today because yhu may not be proud of it tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Jlow2: 4:10am On Jun 09, 2020
ask Genevieve and Rita Dominic, dey ur Lane oh
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by lalanice(f): 4:12am On Jun 09, 2020
kingkakaone:

You are right, some ladies know what they want and they don't mix fantasies with realities, also, some guys know what they want and don't try to poach good girls from their good guys except the lady wants to fall off which is same with this case.

I have/had a friend who came from school and also have a guy in her school. During this lockdown, she came to visit and we started talking about things. I'm a very complex person and an introvert which created a platform for curiosity on her and made her wants to draw closer to me.

It's the same scenario with how the op describes her relationship with this new guy, how I act and all but I ended it the day she said she thinks she's falling for me.

"I was like, how's that possible"? She asked how do I mean, I said, "how is it possible for you to love our boyfriend and still have feelings for me"?
I stopped talking to her from that moment.

I also need to say that she came to my place and we touched until she was so into it for sex but I told her I am not one who do sex that way, that I need to have total connection beyond ordinary before I engage in sex and that may take years.

What is more scary is that the lady has same name as this moniker.

shocked which moniker? Minecheesy Or yours?
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by lalanice(f): 4:13am On Jun 09, 2020
Makanaki127:

Is that so cheesy my brother day der make pant day wear u. grin
I'm a lady o, and I know.
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by kennethology(m): 4:18am On Jun 09, 2020
My dear sister, be focused and continue with your boyfriend. He who has two wrist watches is not sure of the time. You are already cheating and it is not a good life. Dont listen to advise telling you to follow your happiness. I can guarantee you that if you quit your boyfriend and follow that guy, you will sure find reasons to leave this one or he will find reasons to leave you.

If you want equity,your hands must be clean o. Ordinarily you tell a man you have a boyfriend and he is still coming he is a very bad person so long is not coming for marriage.
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Justdenis(m): 4:22am On Jun 09, 2020
There is a thin line between LOVE and INFATUATION.. You can never eat your cake and have it... Decide what u want today and stick to it...the truth is, you will always find someone that is more better even after marriage but will you resolve to changing men like cloths?..I beliv u know the answer in your heart... SHALOM

1 Like

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by jamal230(m): 4:22am On Jun 09, 2020
Let me not curse you but you be mumu girl, this Jessica sef eeh, no be the same thing wey your bf been dey go when him still dey chyke you no him this boy wey dey totori you dey do so, na so you go leave am now go dey date you senior bros now, another guy go come totori you, you go run go meet am again..

My friend better call your bf, he has my time he has my time na say Corona keep everyone for house, make school start make we see how far..

Happy989:

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by GennyCheta(f): 4:23am On Jun 09, 2020
Happy989:
I started dating my boyfriend months ago and even before we started dating we've been good friends. He is intelligent, funny, has a great personality and takes good care of me.

There is this guy in my department who is very good looking and also intelligent.

He isn't jovial and extroverted like my boyfriend, but he is cool in a very confident and attractive kind of way.

We started talking recently and he told me he finds me attractive.

He still complimented my body and looks from time to time.

Few weeks ago we talked about sexual fetishes and I realized we both had similar fetishes. This made him even more interesting because I found myself able to talk about stuff I hadn't talked about with anyone before

The problem now is that I am beginning to develop strong feelings for this guy.

Continue
I believe you have chosen the one you want.
I want to believe this is not peer pressure
The little first paragraph is for your boyfriend everything else is for your upcoming boyfriend. Okay
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by OVB123: 4:30am On Jun 09, 2020
For me i think ur first guy is the best guy 4 u, if ur write up is anything go by. The young man that came later is only interested in something and once his done with u, he will run away. i doubt, if u visit him in his lounge he wil not demand 4 sex. so 4 that reason young lady tread with caution.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by CIAOps: 4:31am On Jun 09, 2020
Falling for a sweet talker eh? After he romps you, we will hear "All men are nkitas".

1 Like

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by valemtech(m): 4:32am On Jun 09, 2020
Nah soo

1 Like

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by FRANKOSKI(m): 4:33am On Jun 09, 2020
Dobson43:
sad

I would give you a mature advice since that's what you want. Your present boyfriend is just your boyfriend. He is not betrothed to you neither has he paid your dowry. Don't limit yourself at this stage of your life. Experiment, try new things, discover yourself. If you feel the urge to move on, do move on. You clearly have a thing for this guy and one can conclude that all you need is a push.

Based on your level in the university, one can determine your age. Some callous folks would call this stage you find yourself a whøre phase, but the true is we all have this identity crisis. We do not actually know ourselves. Certain people we see typify those characters we do have but can't express. They inspire this qualities in us to be birthed.

I don't want to go too philosophical, but I am going to tell you this: twenty years from now, you would wish you were more adventurous, you would wish you tried new things and you would understand that life is worth living and you would not allow yourself wallow in bondage because you are in relationship. Ships are supposed to move you in a certain desired direction. Either it moves you or you jump ship.

But the real truth is, you have broken his heart and emotionally screwed him over. Have the decency to break it up
THESE HOES AIN'T LOYAL

1 Like

Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by SUPOL(m): 4:34am On Jun 09, 2020
Happy989:

you just want to fork him dassol. You’re boyfriend is better than him tho he maybe better in bed.
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Ibyno(m): 4:34am On Jun 09, 2020
the new guy have not lash u before before. allow him to lash u and see if he will still sound d same .

or better Double date.u may not be d only one ur guy is Lashing.
Re: I Have A Boyfriend But I'm Falling In Love With Someone Else. by Kingspin(m): 4:36am On Jun 09, 2020
Happy989:

Have you thoroughly answer the question, what is love?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (23) (Reply)

Man Gives University Student N1000 Instead Of N20,000 After Sex In Uyo (Video) / Jean Michel, French Sex Tourist: Slept With 1400 African Ladies, Impregnated 600 / Dhaturhobogurl: Lady Who 'Ran Mad' After Her Boyfriend Proposed To Her, Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.