Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,753 members, 7,813,478 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? (49727 Views)

Is It Normal To See Women Sun Bathing In Bikinis At Home In Brazil(photos) / If We Are Dating & I Find Out You Play Sports Betting, It’s Over - Nigerian Lady / 2 Colleagues Fight Over Same Man They Are Dating In Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Ghostmode2two(m): 12:33am On Jun 10, 2020
One of the two is trying James Bond 007 moves. On a serious note, if the visiting partner is from a considerable far place, it is normal to inform the other prior to hitting town.
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by kalvoken(m): 12:34am On Jun 10, 2020
Davash222:
In this modern age, only an illiterate will visit someone without prior notice.
One girl tried that rubbish with me back then in school days. I opened the door for her, just for her to see I'm not with anyone, then, I sent her home immediately. Told her to call me when she gets to her hostel.

She left.. I continued with my precious sleep.

Mad man

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Nobody: 12:39am On Jun 10, 2020
Chochovini:
. See one of them avoid them. because if this kin one catch u with even your cousin sef u don jam gbege be that o

tongue grin
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by One4me: 12:39am On Jun 10, 2020
foleskay:
Lol. If we re to vote now, we would see that most ladies will support the idea of visiting unannounced, while the guys would go against it, only few will feel indifferent. Nigeria girls always hv this feeling of insecurity to their guys, that is why most would surely visit unannounced.

It is reflection how selfish and untrustworthy our relationships are, otherwise, the 'for' and 'against' should notbe along Gender-lines.
But l am Male and l support it, simply because your Spouse (someone you are getting married to, in a few weeks, according to the story) is NO LONGER your VISITOR and your personal Crib is no longer your Crib but OUR HOUSE.

That is the BAD thing about a GOOD marriage, founded on Openness and absolute Trust
. grin grin

Sure, when you look at it, it is as challenging as the first few Months of marriage. shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 10, 2020
Goldenheart:

You won't meet him at home grin and you will wait for rain to stop before you go back cheesy

Ehn ehn grin I go kuku go house naw grin
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Nobody: 12:40am On Jun 10, 2020
Onebyonedead:

Let's chat I really wanna be your friend

grin grin
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by fallingsky(m): 12:48am On Jun 10, 2020
[quote author=ettaetta post=90489589]

she has to trust me na

Trust is earned!

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Zeinymira(f): 12:48am On Jun 10, 2020
One4me:

Sure, you wont even dare ask me [s]such toxic question .......but l took pity on the bigotted ignoramus that asked such questions on a public thread or forum[[s[/s]][/s][/b]. undecided undecided
I didn't ask you a goddammend thing so what exactly is your problem? I said something that isn’t racist or bigoted and you are jumping all over yourself, feeling hurt. When did it become a crime to ask people their religion? When!
Pity your petty self.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by fallingsky(m): 12:56am On Jun 10, 2020
Sermwell:
We had to settle a serious quarrel in my compound today between a lady and the guy she's dating! It's actually a serious relationship because if not for the covid-19 pandemic, they would have been married!

The guy claimed that his woman came to visit him without pre-informing him and the lady was screaming at the top of her voice that she doesn't have to call him before coming.

Some of my neighbors were in support of the guy and I feel it's not right because I'm also dating someone, and we visit each other anytime we like without prior notice!!

Some of my neighbors think otherwise!!
please I need your opinion. Do you think it's wrong to visit someone you are dating without prior notice??

Only a cheat will have issues with this. You can't be in a serious and honest relationship with your partner and expect your partner to always inform you first before coming to your house. If you are doing this, you are a cheat.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by SATANIIST: 12:56am On Jun 10, 2020
the guy na cheater. i will advice the lady to doge this bullet before he story go hit front page after covid 19
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by fallingsky(m): 12:59am On Jun 10, 2020
Davash222:
In this modern age, only an illiterate will visit someone without prior notice.
One girl tried that rubbish with me back then in school days. I opened the door for her, just for her to see I'm not with anyone, then, I sent her home immediately. Told her to call me when she gets to her hostel.

She left.. I continued with my precious sleep.

In your mind u have done something that is right? You are just immature. People like you will find it difficult to settle down.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by One4me: 1:02am On Jun 10, 2020
chocboi78:
so she travelled all they way from abuja without a prior notice??. What if u were in enugu for the weekend?

Do you guys/babes forget that not too long ago, we had no Mobile Phones to call the other party or give prior notice? (Anyway, maybe my generation sha) grin
She/he showed up, our eyes light up with suprise and we hug him/her with our best smile and took them inside.
If he/she did not meet you at home, he/she just entered and relax (even if he/she has no key, he/she will chill with neighbours) till you come.

Thatz all, and that is why the marriages of the past, tend to last longer than that of today. FULL, UNSELFISH COMMITMENT.
seriously, do people feel annoyed when they see the person they want to marry (say in three weeks time) or they feel overjoyed?

Like four months to my marriage, we couldn't see enough of each other, if she was not in my house, l was in her house, as we count down to the day.
Anyway, things have changed now, humanbeings have changed, interraction has changed, relationship has changed, Values and Morals have changed, dressing has changed and it is only normal that Love-Life would have changed. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by fallingsky(m): 1:03am On Jun 10, 2020
EzzyCarter:
Courtesy demands you tell your partner upfront before visiting. It shows mutual respect and it also saves you from potentially awkward or embarrassing situations. Imagine your partner's parents travelled over to visit him/her and then you visit out of the blue . would that be the best way/time you'd want to be introduced to them? Nah. Spontaneous visits have a higher possibility of ending in tears cheesy

By their fruits u will know them. oga u are a cheat.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by One4me: 1:04am On Jun 10, 2020
fallingsky:

Only a cheat will have issues with this. You can't be in a serious and honest relationship with your partner and expect your partner to always inform you first before coming to your house. If you are doing this, you are a cheat.

Maybe not a Cheat, but just a selfish and self-centered person.
Those Character Traits cannot sustain a marriage for too long.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by One4me: 1:09am On Jun 10, 2020
Zeinymira:

I didn't ask you a goddammend thing so what exactly is your problem? I said something that isn’t racist or bigoted and you are jumping all over yourself, feeling hurt. When did it become a crime to ask people their religion? When!
Pity your petty self.

Stop humouring yourself! Me, feeling Hurt kwa? Over Islam? grin grin grin

And what has Religion got to do with his comment that he will call his wife within the house?
Stop digging yourself deeper into your bigotted hole, I dont have time for silly kids like you.
Scram before l use E-Slap to reset that your uncouth brain. undecided
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by MoIbrahim: 1:13am On Jun 10, 2020
Sermwell:
We had to settle a serious quarrel in my compound today between a lady and the guy she's dating! It's actually a serious relationship because if not for the covid-19 pandemic, they would have been married!

The guy claimed that his woman came to visit him without pre-informing him and the lady was screaming at the top of her voice that she doesn't have to call him before coming.

Some of my neighbors were in support of the guy and I feel it's not right because I'm also dating someone, and we visit each other anytime we like without prior notice!!

please I need your opinion. Do you think it's wrong to visit someone you are dating without prior notice??
There is really no fixed rule, and it all depends on the perceived intent. If it looks like you are being policed, it's a huge no. But if it looks like a spontaneous or random visit with no ulterior motive, nothing wrong and it's perfect.
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by AfroKnight: 1:13am On Jun 10, 2020
One4me:

WHY?
Please, just state coincisely WHY the person you are just about marrying for life, needs to call before showing up in your house or you need to call her before showing up in her personal house.
I want to learn something today.

Concisely, lol. Your tone amuses me. I was about to respond to you but I saw this and I knew I shouldn’t waste my time.

One4me:

Maybe not a Cheat, but just a selfish and self-centered person.
Those Character Traits cannot sustain a marriage for too long.
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by megley(f): 1:22am On Jun 10, 2020
I don't visit anybody without informing them

I don't like unannounced visits too especially if you're bringing someone along

Give me heads up. What if you don't meet me at home? I wouldn't wanna just show up at anybody's doorstep and find out they're not at home. I don't have that kind of time to waste

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Zeinymira(f): 1:23am On Jun 10, 2020
One4me:

[s]Stop humouring yourself! Me, feeling Hurt kwa? Over Islam? grin grin grin

And what has Religion got to do with his comment that he will call his wife within the house?
Stop digging yourself deeper into your bigotted hole, I dont have time for silly kids like you.
Scram before l use E-Slap to reset that your uncouth brain. embarassed/s]\
Now I am positive you have a bigger problem. Since I am the mature one here and you are just a silly ass, I will give you a free gift; an advice.
Next time when you are in a public forum don't let whatever problem(s) you are dealing with control your thinking, it will only make you appear unreasonable and a downer.

P.S: Stop feeling entitled. I do not owe you an explanation on why I asked if he's a Muslim and it's none of your business.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by One4me: 1:25am On Jun 10, 2020
AfroKnight:

Concisely, lol. Your tone amuses me. I was about to respond to you but I saw this and I knew I shouldn’t waste my time.

Conincisely (Exactly)
Waste my time (Disagreement!0.

Hmm..... Na waa o! shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by One4me: 1:26am On Jun 10, 2020
Zeinymira:

Now I am positive you have a bigger problem. Since I am the mature one here and you are just a silly ass, I will give you a free gift; an advice.
Next time when you are in a public forum don't let whatever problem(s) you are dealing with control your thinking, it will only make you appear unreasonable and a downer.

P.S: Stop feeling entitled. I do not owe you an explanation on why asked if he's a Muslim and it's none of your business.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by chidooh1: 1:29am On Jun 10, 2020
I once did that shit to a lady i was dating then, i caught her red-handed with a guy who wore only singlet sitting on her bed eating indomie noodles. She couldn't believe her eyes and that was the end of the relationship.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by olaniyilukman(m): 1:33am On Jun 10, 2020
MajorOvakporaye:
only people who are doing things that are illegal or unacceptable would find it offensive if they aren't notified of a lover's visit.

I don talk finish

Such habit is very wrong. How will a reasonable human visit someone without prior notice and she will be claiming she loves me, which kind wayo wayo love be that.. If any useless lady try that nonsense with me, that is the beginning of the end of our unfaithful relationship
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Sarang(f): 2:06am On Jun 10, 2020
Courtesy demands information

But I wouldn’t mind if someone am dating come calling

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Onebyonedead: 2:32am On Jun 10, 2020
Zita55:

grin grin

Am serious what's your no on whatsapp add me so we can chat ....
Or send me a message on insta
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by realtalk19: 2:39am On Jun 10, 2020
Sermwell:

The guy claimed that his woman came to visit him without pre-informing him and the lady was screaming at the top of her voice that she doesn't have to call him before coming. No

I am of the opinion of informing the person before visit. I am not a fan of imprompu visits because I like being prepared so you wunt come to my place and what I have planned out doesn't include an extra mouth or invasion of space. I cherish my privacy a lot.

I always inform whoever am visiting ahead of time.
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by femmyapson(m): 2:39am On Jun 10, 2020
Sarang:
Courtesy demands information
But I wouldn’t mind if someone am dating come calling
Which of them? Tunde or Dapo?
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by realtalk19: 2:44am On Jun 10, 2020
fallingsky:

It's not about being a cheat. It's planning and preparation. You can't be showing up at my place unannounced and maybe I may not be around/ i already have my mum or siblings around/ my resources can't carry us for that period of showing up.

1 Like

Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by realtalk19: 2:46am On Jun 10, 2020
Ishilove:
See them making mouth on the first page like lions, meanwhile in reality if she shows up unannounced they will meekly welcome her and rush to go and buy fuel for the house. Shior

Lol.
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Liliantalks: 3:09am On Jun 10, 2020
If u hvnt gotten to the stage u can visit ur man with or without informing him , then my dear . That relationship is still on rocky grounds.
Re: Is It Normal To Visit Someone You Are Dating Uninvited?? by Liliantalks: 3:21am On Jun 10, 2020
Ishilove:
See them making mouth on the first page like lions, meanwhile in reality if she shows up unannounced they will meekly welcome her and rush to go and buy fuel for the house. Shior
ofcourse, alpha male rubbish . They should keep decieving themselves. Only a cheat won’t want their partners coming over unannounced. Male or female

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

The Amazing Moment A Bride Said Her Wedding Vow In ‘Tech Language’ (Video) / I Kissed A Friend Accidentally Now I Feel Guilty / Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.