Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President (35493 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Sworn In For Second Term As AfDB President / Akinwunmi Adesina Re-Elected As AFDB President / Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Sweetgoodie(f): 7:48am On Jun 11, 2020
solmus:
cool

fvck off madam

yes ooo
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 7:48am On Jun 11, 2020
Fu..rck whites and fucr..k the Jews. Adesina is Innocent.

Africans are still slave to the white man o, why America has so much power in a African Bank? Something please Explain
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Shormiey(m): 7:49am On Jun 11, 2020
ursullalinda:
She could also be resigning genuinely.......let's not rush into conclusion.
You are a woman, so you will definitely talk with your other teeth.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Caseless: 7:52am On Jun 11, 2020
And the plot thickens...
Blanke cited family reason for her resignation, but we can feel the hand of Esau and voice of Jacob in all of this. US should hands up already.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Olabode971(f): 7:52am On Jun 11, 2020
She left because she knew THEY HAVE ARRIVED.... because she knew it won't be long before she will be shown the exit door.. The WHITES are wise, they still remember what Idi Amin did to them, what Shagari did, What Mugabe did.. African Bank should be run by African Man, that's what the African man will say, but it won't be long before it will plunged into bankruptcy and oblivion

4 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Hezmatosky: 7:53am On Jun 11, 2020
Well, family is everything. But oyibo can not soil their hands with corrupt Africans.

5 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by ellizy(m): 7:55am On Jun 11, 2020
festacman:
This sudden resignation of Dr. Jennifer Blanke from her post as VP at African Development Bank (AfDB) might be indicative of the relentlessness of US' interference to indict Dr. Akinwumi Adesina using independent investigators.

However, as we observe closely the unfolding events, let all Nigerians be consoled by these two beautiful quotes from Dr. Jennifer Blanke's resignation letter:

“I am leaving purely for family reasons to rejoin my family in Switzerland, after a very fulfilling time at the bank. I will miss the bank and the excellent team we have built."

“I thank President Akinwumi Adesina for his strong leadership, guidance, and support which have undoubtedly motivated and helped my team and I to play a key role in the transformation of the bank."

These words of testimonies about the leadership of Dr. Akinwumi Adesina from an American-Swiss who is a renowned and globally respected development economist, with over 20 years of experience, put a big question mark on the motive behind the effort to paint Dr. Adesina black and deny him merited 2nd term as AfDB president.
Going back to work to serve the people doesn’t worth dying for... If they don’t want you for second term, protect your reputation and the good work you’ve done the first tenor....

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by OKTolu: 7:56am On Jun 11, 2020
Family my foot,there's something behind her resignation
bye bye jenny
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by AmazingELixir: 7:56am On Jun 11, 2020
lipsrsealed

I wish our somany beauty slay queens can emulate the ambitious career path of this woman..instead of running after the somany good_for_nothing , responsibility fearing lazy youths in this country.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by OKTolu: 7:57am On Jun 11, 2020
Family my foot,there's something behind her resignation
bye bye jenny
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by kayjay69(m): 8:00am On Jun 11, 2020
No mind the guy jare. He does not understand that there are hidden meanings behind the things we all read in the news.
He extracts the news we all read and rereads it to us like we cannot read for ourselves. It is obvious she quit because it is likely Adeshina is vindicated and she is very likely to be the petitioner. She stood to benefit from Adeshina's exit.
SarkinYarki:

So you can't see she was the petitioner .when your petitions fails the honorable thing to do is resign.

3 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by wink2015(m): 8:00am On Jun 11, 2020
Dr Jennifer Blanke, the Vice President for Agriculture, Human and Social Development at the African Development Bank, AfDB, has on Wednesday, resigned her position.

Blanke who joined the bank in 2017, said she is leaving purely for family reasons.

Her words: “I am leaving purely for family reasons to rejoin my family in Switzerland, after a very fulfilling time at the bank. I will miss the bank and the excellent team we have built. I will continue to strongly support the bank from wherever I am.

“I thank President Akinwumi Adesina for his strong leadership, guidance, and support which have undoubtedly motivated and helped my team and I to play a key role in the transformation of the bank.

“I feel privileged to have been given an opportunity to contribute to the bank’s agenda for accelerating Africa’s social and economic transformation.”

Recall that the U.S Treasury Secretary, Steven Mnuchin, had called for an independent probe into allegations by a group of whistleblowers against the AfDB President, Akinwumi Adesina thereby rejecting plans by the bank’s board to stop the investigation on the issue.

Adesina had long denied the allegation.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/breaking-jennifer-blanke-afdb-vice-president-resigns-says-she-is-leaving-purely/

ONCE A WHITE MAN FINDS YOU WANTING that is the end of the road !

Obasanjo can only make NOISE defending Adesina and trying to be a PAN AFRICANIST.

THE AMERICANS believe that as long as their DOLLAR is the centre of attractions in the AFDB they must have a larger say in the way the institutions is being run.

NIGERIA GOVERNMENT THAT REFUSE TO ACCEPT RESTRUCTURING AND GOOD GOVERNANCE will regret all their actions.

I FORESEE MORE TERRIBLE ECONOMIC PROBLEMS FOR NIGERIA AND MOST AFRICAN COUNTRIES DUE TO THE MASSIVE CORRUPTION that Nigeria and most african countries had witness.

I SUGGEST THAT ADESINA RESIGNS FROM HIS POSITIONS TO AT LEAST SAVE THE AFDB from the attack of the western countries.

TAKE OR LEAVE IT the western countries developed the AFDB with their money and take it to the level it is today.

OBASANJO should stop writing USELESS LETTERS that only help to INDICT his kind of person.

ADESINA should resigns now and let the REFORMERS come and mold the banks to International standard.

3 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Goke7: 8:01am On Jun 11, 2020
Olabode971:
She left because she knew THEY HAVE ARRIVED.... because she knew it won't be long before she will be shown the exit door.. The WHITES are wise, they still remember what Idi Amin did to them, what Shagari did, What Mugabe did.. African Bank should be run by African Man, that's what the African man will say, but it won't be long before it will plunged into bankruptcy and oblivion

Truth be said african countries are not doing very well including the so called south africa and others we feel are better than Nigeria, Honestly Nigeria has been pulling its weight over the years but most African countries are just too lazy to build a strong continent. It also shows that perhaps only Nigeria and may be Ethiopia are truly independent, most africa nations don't even mention the francophone block are still tied to their colonial masters. South Africa, Kenya, Ghana are all noisy nations, they are not independent at all especially economically. real bullshit
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Minjim: 8:02am On Jun 11, 2020
SarkinYarki:

So you can't see she was the petitioner .when your petitions fails the honorable thing to do is resign.

She is not part of the whistleblowers, at least to the public knowledge.
All the whistleblowers are anonymous
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Goke7: 8:03am On Jun 11, 2020
wink2015:

ONCE A WHITE MAN FIND YOU WANTING that is the end of the road !

Obasanjo can only make NOISE defending Adesina and trying to be a PAN AFRICANIST.

THE AMERICANS believe that as long as their DOLLAR is the centre of attractions in the AFDB they must have a larger say in the way the institutions is being run.

NIGERIA GOVERNMENT THAT REFUSE TO ACCEPT RESTRUCTURING AND GOOD GOVERNANCE will regret all their actions.

I FORESEE MORE TERRIBLE ECONOMIC PROBLEMS FOR NIGERIA AND MOST AFRICAN COUNTRIES DUE TO THE MASSIVE CORRUPTION that Nigeria and most african countries had witness.

I SUGGEST THAT ADESINA RESIGNS FROM HIS POSITIONS TO AT LEAST SAVE THE AFDB from the attack of the western countries.

TAKE OR LEAVE IT the western countries developed the AFDB with their money and take it to the level it is today.

OBASANJO should stop writing USELESS LETTERS that only help to INDICT his kind of person.

ADESINA should resigns now and let the REFORMERS come and mold the banks to International standard.

i don't agree with you, let afdb kuku die off, african nations are not ready at all.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by israelmao(m): 8:04am On Jun 11, 2020
I hope this woman is not among the fifth columnist?
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Focusmind: 8:07am On Jun 11, 2020
All these over rated expatriates. Why was she even hired by Adeshina?

Go to UI and other places and see seasoned development economists that understands the peculiarity of African economies and not these oyibos that are interested in fat pay check.

That was how IMF recommended one of their staff as the chief economic adviser to OBJ during his tenure but he played a fast one on them and appointed Soludo much to the dismay of IMF that he promised to appoint their man after IMF gave Nigerian debt forgiveness.

3 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Minjim: 8:08am On Jun 11, 2020
This resignation is bad timing regardless of the reason she gave

I remember when a worker was electrocuted at a school that I was the head teacher. Before that time, I had planned to resign but I had to jettisoned it because:
The owner of the school, out of fear stopped coming.
Most teachers were afraid too that the man's family might storm the school to cause trouble.
The school needed leadership then. I had to see through that session because of that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by vRendoh(m): 8:08am On Jun 11, 2020
baby124:
E pain am. Maybe Na she dem don promise Adesina position. grin cheesy. As the thing fail she don do protest resignation or maybe she has been busted as the instigator of all the issues o ya japa. Something is fishy with the resignation as it comes on the heels of Adesina not being investigated as expected.

Maybe this maybe that naim put us where we dey now. Poverty nation. We 'maybe' people's opinions. We distrust so much. So bad! Take her final comments and assessments of Adesina for what she stood for.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by JOSCO7720: 8:14am On Jun 11, 2020
Chat me up on WATSAP for home delivery:08143206548

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by reality1010: 8:14am On Jun 11, 2020
etokhana:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/breaking-jennifer-blanke-afdb-vice-president-resigns-says-she-is-leaving-purely/
This is surprising. A top official resigning and citing family issues. Well, its good,at least it will allow for thorough investigation by whosoever. Lets keep our fingers crossed and watch what will be the outcome of the US independent investigation.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by omoluka: 8:16am On Jun 11, 2020
Swiss American AFDB vice president! chai, Africa don suffer

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Nobody: 8:19am On Jun 11, 2020
In a country good country when your accused of charges like this you step down for the main time cuz the job or position is not a do or die situation but a Nigerian set up down or resign if I hear
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Kenoxman(m): 8:21am On Jun 11, 2020
IYANGBALI:
She no even fine sef
What has physical beauty got to do with this? And u are not even good at judging beauty 'cos she is fine.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by IYANGBALI: 8:25am On Jun 11, 2020
Kenoxman:
What has physical beauty got to do with this? And u are not even good at judging beauty 'cos she is fine.
She no even fine sef

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by gnykelly(m): 8:26am On Jun 11, 2020
wink2015:

ONCE A WHITE MAN FINDS YOU WANTING that is the end of the road !

you know little Nigeria is the largest shareholder in the bank its we have more controlling interest than USA. because they are white doesn't mean that they are right I can see what part of the country you are from.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by gnykelly(m): 8:28am On Jun 11, 2020
Possiblegee:
In a country good country when your accused of charges like this you step down for the main time cuz the job or position is not a do or die situation but a Nigerian set up down or resign if I hear

so when trump was accused of tax fraud did he resigned

3 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by SmartyPants(m): 8:29am On Jun 11, 2020
Subduer:

Jennifer Blanke, Chief Economist of the World Economic Forum ... born into a POLISH-JEWISH family
1.These Jews owned the Trans- Atlantic slave trade from behind the scenes.
2.Judah Benjamin & his allies engineered & sponsored the American civil war.
3.Wall Street Jews created Communism in Russia, & engineered the 1st World War to dethrone the Czar of Russia, & the Kaizer Wilhelm of Germany.
4. Many influential Jews in the Wall Street ARE furiously anti-Trump.
5. Same Jews control Franco-phone Africans from France, & Nigeria through England.
6. And now wants to include Nigeria in their Eco currency to be printed & controlled from France's Ministry of Finance.
7. That means direct enslavement of Africans, right in Africa, in this 21st century.

Nonsense
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 11, 2020
reality1010:

This is surprising. A top official resigning and citing family issues. Well, its good,at least it will allow for thorough investigation by whosoever. Lets keep our fingers crossed and watch what will be the outcome of the US independent investigation.
its only surprising because you have the Nigerian mentality of do or die affair ,in a country where the people come first people in such position resign not to destroy their reputation ,take for example the case of kemi adeosun she didn’t resign because Nigerian citizens mattered the most in that position she occupied but she resigned because she got tired of criticism and the fact that she forged her certificate it took her lots of time and months to resign self and from what I see in the case of kemi it’s the first time a Nigerian would do such a thing ....in a nutshell the Nigerian mentality is either they die in that position or nothing and the funny thing is that they are very wealthy but have a poor mentality.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by SmartyPants(m): 8:31am On Jun 11, 2020
Minjim:
This resignation is bad timing regardless of the reason she gave

I remember when a worker was electrocuted at a school that I was the head teacher. Before that time, I had planned to resign but I had to jettisoned it because:
The owner of the school, out of fear stopped coming.
Most teachers were afraid too that the man's family might storm the school to cause trouble.
The school needed leadership then. I had to see through that session because of that
There is no similarity between your situation and that of the bank.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Threatens To Expel Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Abe, Shittu, Others / Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate / Aisha Buhari's Interview With BBC: Reno Omokri Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.