Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,646 members, 7,816,655 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President (35495 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Sworn In For Second Term As AfDB President / Akinwunmi Adesina Re-Elected As AFDB President / Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by orisa37: 8:37am On Jun 11, 2020
kayusely70:
The intrigues continue

Sure. Till the end of the world.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by jrusky(m): 8:38am On Jun 11, 2020
Goodbye and safe journey. You are the smoke in the fire so go in peace with your unfounded petition go and join your racist bollocks in US possibly they can offer you a portfolio in police dept to continue choking blacks to death.

Good bye.

Nonsense!!!

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by TheAlchemist: 8:38am On Jun 11, 2020
Jenny you have passed a strong and clear message to Adesina to follow the path of honour. Adesina is putting an organisation that brought him into international limelight into public opprobrium is quite unfortunate. Some of your largest institutional investors have passed a vote of no confidence in you yet you a busy selling a superman personae to your gullible admirers.
I don’t believe in the fairy tales of superman but I believe in the reality of strong and enduring institutions.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 11, 2020
gnykelly:

so when trump was accused of tax fraud did he resigned
one thing most people don’t know about trump is that his a hot head things like that don’t even bother him he just sees it as a case of the opposition wanting to bring him down..mind you most people that step down when false/true or heavy accusation are upon them are political appointees,like ministers and stuffs like that ...ever since trump started his campaign to run for presidency accusations started piling up lol so baba don day use to am but but mind you person fit bring strong accusations upon trump now and he would resign.. but in Nigeria resign kee if I hear only person way do am for Nigeria na kemi and before she do am e take her months
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Olabode971(f): 8:41am On Jun 11, 2020
Goke7:

Truth be said african countries are not doing very well including the so called south africa and others we feel are better than Nigeria, Honestly Nigeria has been pulling its weight over the years but most African countries are just too lazy to build a strong continent. It also shows that perhaps only Nigeria and may be Ethiopia are truly independent, most africa nations don't even mention the francophone block are still tied to their colonial masters. South Africa, Kenya, Ghana are all noisy nations, they are not independent at all especially economically. real bullshit
If you look vividly at tenure of every African president that rule in African country, they are all Power Drunk, and always at loggerheads with their fellow counterparts. e.g, Idi_Amin Dada of Uganda, Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, Lorentz Gbagbo of ivory coast, Gambi president, Burundi president who died of recent held the country spell bound for 15years and insisted on a whopping retirement or else he won't,until death pluck him off, Mohammed Gaddafi.. And African president are also tyrant and dictator!!!
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Optional09: 8:43am On Jun 11, 2020
What is their desperation in working in African bank. They’re constantly keeping Africa poor with their involvement in all our activities. It’s time for Africa to support their own and bring forward their best brains to manage Africa d affairs. The world might as well be coming to an end considering the growing population of poor Africans and the limited resources left in Africa. If we don’t wake up to the reality and start building Africa we might as well go extinct in less than 50 years time with hunger and diseases
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Olabode971(f): 8:44am On Jun 11, 2020
TheAlchemist:
Jenny you have passed a strong and clear message to Adesina to follow the path of honour. Adesina is putting an organisation that brought him into international limelight into public opprobrium is quite unfortunate. Some of your largest institutional investors have passed a vote of no confidence in you yet you a busy selling a superman personae to your gullible admirers.
I don’t believe in the fairy tales of superman but I believe in the reality of strong and enduring institutions.
He won't listen... Uuurrrh, is he not a typical

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Johnmax95(m): 8:44am On Jun 11, 2020
Subduer:

Jennifer Blanke, Chief Economist of the World Economic Forum ... born into a POLISH-JEWISH family
1.These Jews owned the Trans- Atlantic slave trade from behind the scenes.
2.Judah Benjamin & his allies engineered & sponsored the American civil war.
3.Wall Street Jews created Communism in Russia, & engineered the 1st World War to dethrone the Czar of Russia, & the Kaizer Wilhelm of Germany.
4. Many influential Jews in the Wall Street ARE furiously anti-Trump.
5. Same Jews control Franco-phone Africans from France, & Nigeria through England.
6. And now wants to include Nigeria in their Eco currency to be printed & controlled from France's Ministry of Finance.
7. That means direct enslavement of Africans, right in Africa, in this 21st century.

This quote shows that another hitler is on the rise...
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Nobody: 8:45am On Jun 11, 2020
baby124:
E pain am. Maybe Na she dem don promise Adesina position. grin cheesy. As the thing fail she don do protest resignation or maybe she has been busted as the instigator of all the issues o ya japa. Something is fishy with the resignation as it comes on the heels of Adesina not being investigated as expected.
baby it’s obvious you don’t know anything other A B C and 1 2 3 ...well in Nigerian we all have the do or die mentality so I’m not surprised the way you reason
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by orisa37: 8:45am On Jun 11, 2020
chinavs9ja:
Next person please!

Check my signature

It's CHINFULANI CORONAVIRUS CHIEF PRIEST.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by orisa37: 8:49am On Jun 11, 2020
Roon9:
Isn't that what the Yorubas call japa grin

Yorubas also call it "JANBA TIROKO" !!! Meaning "The Giant Iants at the Roots of IROKO TREE". OR "The Witch in the Neighborhood".

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 11, 2020
Is she the whistleblower?

Only time will tell.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by gaventa: 8:49am On Jun 11, 2020
African development bank?? An European is the Vice President of an African Development Bank ���. We never reach there.

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by UnusualJhay(m): 8:50am On Jun 11, 2020
It's called AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
why is the USA interfering? ?...

Are they Africans too? undecided
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Optional09: 8:52am On Jun 11, 2020
TheAlchemist:

Well, i don’t know from what angle you’re seeing this situation from but i think it’s best to frustrate white people out of our institutions if we are to really develop Africa. Jenny’s exit from AfDP is a welcome development, there are more to exit so that Africans can manage Africans affairs if we are to really develop Africa. It is however degrading to say Jenny is showing Adesina path of honor. Adesina is an honorable and highly respected professional and nothing has changed about him till his time.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by jaxxy(m): 8:57am On Jun 11, 2020
Goke7:

i don't agree with you, let afdb kuku die off, african nations are not ready at all.

Africans shud learn to have high standards and ethics in conformity with best global practices. Most of our institutions are plagued with man know man policy and corrupt tendencies. Probably not criminal bt counter productive in the long run.

While I think Adesina is an excellent individual and character to head the Afdb I believe he ahud listen to observations and criticisms of the petitions and work on them. This I believe the bank is already doing.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by orisa37: 8:57am On Jun 11, 2020
TripleOh7:
Is she the whistleblower?

Only time will tell.

Meanwhile no stoning.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by mfm04622: 8:59am On Jun 11, 2020
baby124:
E pain am. Maybe Na she dem don promise Adesina position. grin cheesy. As the thing fail she don do protest resignation or maybe she has been busted as the instigator of all the issues o ya japa. Something is fishy with the resignation as it comes on the heels of Adesina not being investigated as expected.

In fact she was an ally of Akinwunmi.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 11, 2020
orisa37:

Meanwhile no stoning.

Absolutely. Until we have the full picture.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 11, 2020
UnusualJhay:

They are probably one of the biggest financial contributors to the bank.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by jaxxy(m): 9:05am On Jun 11, 2020
Optional09:

Well, i don’t know from what angle you’re seeing this situation from but i think it’s best to frustrate white people out of our institutions if we are to really develop Africa. Jenny’s exit from AfDP is a welcome development, there are more to exit so that Africans can manage Africans affairs if we are to really develop Africa. It is however degrading to say Jenny is showing Adesina path of honor. Adesina is an honorable and highly respected professional and nothing has changed about him till his time.

Jenny’s exit shud not be seen as a welcome development, Africans have run every good thing they’ve had to the ground or to mediocrity with either corruption and man know man and other abnormal practices. We have not achieved any global fit in these sectors to say we can develop Africa. The whites are not special bt we need to change our mentality and deal with issues without too much sentiments bt rather best practices.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by orisa37: 9:08am On Jun 11, 2020
UnusualJhay:

They're FULANIS from ISLAMIC BANKS. AND DEMONSTRATING "CORPORATE INTEREST PARTICIPATION". IT'S DEMOCRATIC.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by proeast(m): 9:10am On Jun 11, 2020
Nice one, this is how people with integrity and honour should act, unlike that afonja man that keep crying all over the place on how he is being persecuted. The dude has been busy spinning one conspiracy theory over another on how he is being targeted yet he has lots of skeleton in his cuboard and questionable acts that needs to be investigated.

I don't know why these people are always like that, they will always commit fraudulent acts but once you want to investigate them they start being ridiculous and petty.

Same thing happened to the former afonja house of reps speaker Dimeji Bankole, former afonja finance minister Kemi Adeosun, former afonja reps member Etteh and several others, and the funny thing is that they always end up biting the dust grin grin

They should emulate the Igbos on how to manage offices with integrity like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala, Emeka Anyaoku, Arunma Oteh and so many others and stop embarrassing us.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by proeast(m): 9:24am On Jun 11, 2020
TheAlchemist:

God bless you, instead of people to call on Adeshina to do the right and honorable thing by resigning to allow investigation to be conducted, he has been grandstanding and spinning conspiracy theories.

If his hands are clean then why is he afraid of stepping down?

Dude has shown that wearing suit and bowtie all the time doesn't mean you're urbane. However, he forgot that the more he grandstands on this, the more he tarnishes whatever positive image he may have before.

People like Ngozi Okonjo Iweala have continued to represent Blacks globally through being altruistic and corrupt free, and that is why she has remained highly sought after by reputable global corporations.

Adeshina is not seeing the bigger picture at all.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by lokzie: 9:27am On Jun 11, 2020
We all knew Sepp Blatter was corrupt, but we know the people who have reaped immediate benefit from his ousting from office. The joker, yet to be played may be cutting funding if Akinwunmi escapes the investigation.
At the end of the day, one way or the other, they will get what they want.

festacman:
This sudden resignation of Dr. Jennifer Blanke from her post as VP at African Development Bank (AfDB) might be indicative of the relentlessness of US' interference to indict Dr. Akinwumi Adesina using independent investigators.

However, as we observe closely the unfolding events, let all Nigerians be consoled by these two beautiful quotes from Dr. Jennifer Blanke's resignation letter:

“I am leaving purely for family reasons to rejoin my family in Switzerland, after a very fulfilling time at the bank. I will miss the bank and the excellent team we have built."

“I thank President Akinwumi Adesina for his strong leadership, guidance, and support which have undoubtedly motivated and helped my team and I to play a key role in the transformation of the bank."

These words of testimonies about the leadership of Dr. Akinwumi Adesina from an American-Swiss who is a renowned and globally respected development economist, with over 20 years of experience, put a big question mark on the motive behind the effort to paint Dr. Adesina black and deny him merited 2nd term as AfDB president.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Goke7: 9:28am On Jun 11, 2020
jaxxy:

Africans shud learn to have high standards and ethics in conformity with best global practices. Most of our institutions are plagued with man know man policy and corrupt tendencies. Probably not criminal bt counter productive in the long run.

While I think Adesina is an excellent individual and character to head the Afdb I believe he ahud listen to observations and criticisms of the petitions and work on them. This I believe the bank is already doing.

the man know man thing is not only an African thing but its also widely practiced in developing nations all over the world. It exists too in the western world just that it is minimal. I agree with you that Africa must uphold high ethics standard. The typical African culture is a factor in the way of these high ethical standards

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by orisa37: 9:36am On Jun 11, 2020
mfm04622:

In fact she was an ally of Akinwunmi.

What kind of Ally?
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by orisa37: 9:40am On Jun 11, 2020
TripleOh7:

Absolutely. Until we have the full picture.

O Yeh.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Goke7: 9:41am On Jun 11, 2020
Olabode971:

If you look vividly at tenure of every African president that rule in African country, they are all Power Drunk, and always at loggerheads with their fellow counterparts. e.g, Idi_Amin Dada of Uganda, Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe, Lorentz Gbagbo of ivory coast, Gambi president, Burundi president who died of recent held the country spell bound for 15years and insisted on a whopping retirement or else he won't,until death pluck him off, Mohammed Gaddafi.. And African president are also tyrant and dictator!!!

Very true, Governance is too poor in Africa for serious development

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by saintTim(m): 9:43am On Jun 11, 2020
Looking at is from an angle of elevation grin, she instigated the investigation of the president and after it failed, she was caught and placed on either sack or compulsory resignation which she chose the later. Reason am oo
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by orisa37: 9:45am On Jun 11, 2020
Goke7:
witch fly for night, pikin die the following morning grin

Yes oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fashola: Chike Ibezim Is In Our Custody, He Has A Case To Answer - Police / Abducted Greenfield Student Reunites With Family After Being Released By Bandits / Nigeria’s Dollar Reserves Plunge In Tandem With Naira Rebound

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.