Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,501 members, 7,816,191 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President (35492 Views)

Akinwumi Adesina Sworn In For Second Term As AfDB President / Akinwunmi Adesina Re-Elected As AFDB President / Adesina To Step Aside As AfDB President For Fresh Probe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by addey44: 9:59am On Jun 11, 2020
SarkinYarki:

So you can't see she was the petitioner .when your petitions fails the honorable thing to do is resign.
How can she be the petitioner and still pay such glowing tributes to Dr Adesina?

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Redman44(m): 10:02am On Jun 11, 2020
addey44:
How can she be the petitioner and still pay such glowing tributes to Dr Adesina?

Then you don't know Europeans cool cool cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by SIRTee15: 10:04am On Jun 11, 2020
jaxxy:

Jenny’s exit shud not be seen as a welcome development, Africans have run every good thing they’ve had to the ground or to mediocrity with either corruption and man know man and other abnormal practices. We have not achieved any global fit in these sectors to say we can develop Africa. The whites are not special bt we need to change our mentality and deal with issues without too much sentiments bt rather best practices.

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Roon9(m): 10:04am On Jun 11, 2020
orisa37:

Yorubas also call it "JANBA TIROKO" !!! Meaning "The Giant Iants at the Roots of IROKO TREE". OR "The Witch in the Neighborhood".

Lol
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by SIRTee15: 10:13am On Jun 11, 2020
jaxxy:

Jenny’s exit shud not be seen as a welcome development, Africans have run every good thing they’ve had to the ground or to mediocrity with either corruption and man know man and other abnormal practices. We have not achieved any global fit in these sectors to say we can develop Africa. The whites are not special bt we need to change our mentality and deal with issues without too much sentiments bt rather best practices.

Nobody operate on man know man pass China....
They have utmost disregard for ethics or they turn blind eye to corruption if it favours them...
But they 've been able to develop strong institution that ushered in unprecedented prosperity making them the largest economy in the world....

Our problem isn't corruption or lack of ethics.....
Africa's main problem is lack of foresight n lack of passion from our leaders to develop the continent....

Adesina's main problem is poor boardroom political game....
He chose to ignore the sensitivity of some key players in Afdb without giving serious consideration to the consequences.....
Key players that didn't support his candidacy in 2015....
He had 5 yrs to extend the olive branch but decided to use strong head....
Read the article below to gain a better perspective....

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/afdb-adesinas-travails-betray-naivety-in-the-world-of-realpolitik/

Forget all the talk about corrupt practices, they are tools western nations use to demonize people thay dont like in the eyes of the public....

I also disagree that Africans run down whatever they head....
Ethiopian airline is a good example of Africans exemplary management competence.....
At a time western airline are struggling and seeking govt loans to avoid bankruptcy....
EA is declaring profit n expanding its coast....
U know why....
because the Ethiopian government wanted the airline to work and it did.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by freeDR(m): 10:16am On Jun 11, 2020
Subduer:

Jennifer Blanke, Chief Economist of the World Economic Forum ... born into a POLISH-JEWISH family
1.These Jews owned the Trans- Atlantic slave trade from behind the scenes.
2.Judah Benjamin & his allies engineered & sponsored the American civil war.
3.Wall Street Jews created Communism in Russia, & engineered the 1st World War to dethrone the Czar of Russia, & the Kaizer Wilhelm of Germany.
4. Many influential Jews in the Wall Street ARE furiously anti-Trump.
5. Same Jews control Franco-phone Africans from France, & Nigeria through England.
6. And now wants to include Nigeria in their Eco currency to be printed & controlled from France's Ministry of Finance.
7. That means direct enslavement of Africans, right in Africa, in this 21st century.

Your only problem in the whole wide world are the Jews. Pitiful!

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by adelaja70(m): 10:19am On Jun 11, 2020
wink2015:

ONCE A WHITE MAN FINDS YOU WANTING that is the end of the road !

Obasanjo can only make NOISE defending Adesina and trying to be a PAN AFRICANIST.

THE AMERICANS believe that as long as their DOLLAR is the centre of attractions in the AFDB they must have a larger say in the way the institutions is being run.

NIGERIA GOVERNMENT THAT REFUSE TO ACCEPT RESTRUCTURING AND GOOD GOVERNANCE will regret all their actions.

I FORESEE MORE TERRIBLE ECONOMIC PROBLEMS FOR NIGERIA AND MOST AFRICAN COUNTRIES DUE TO THE MASSIVE CORRUPTION that Nigeria and most african countries had witness.

I SUGGEST THAT ADESINA RESIGNS FROM HIS POSITIONS TO AT LEAST SAVE THE AFDB from the attack of the western countries.

TAKE OR LEAVE IT the western countries developed the AFDB with their money and take it to the level it is today.

OBASANJO should stop writing USELESS LETTERS that only help to INDICT his kind of person.

ADESINA should resigns now and let the REFORMERS come and mold the banks to International standard.
ADOLF TRUMP SLAVE SPOTTED...
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by adelaja70(m): 10:22am On Jun 11, 2020
TheAlchemist:
Jenny you have passed a strong and clear message to Adesina to follow the path of honour. Adesina is putting an organisation that brought him into international limelight into public opprobrium is quite unfortunate. Some of your largest institutional investors have passed a vote of no confidence in you yet you a busy selling a superman personae to your gullible admirers.
I don’t believe in the fairy tales of superman but I believe in the reality of strong and enduring institutions.
TRASHY TRASH...
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by jaxxy(m): 10:31am On Jun 11, 2020
SIRTee15:

They have utmost disregard for ethics or they turn blind eye to corruption if it favours them...
But they 've been able to develop strong institution that ushered in unprecedented prosperity making them the largest economy in the world....

Africa's main problem is lack of foresight n lack of passion from our leaders to develop the continent....

He chose to ignore the sensitivity of some key players in Afdb without giving serious consideration to the consequences.....

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/06/afdb-adesinas-travails-betray-naivety-in-the-world-of-realpolitik/

Forget all the talk about corrupt practices, they are tools western nations use to demonize people thay dont like in the eyes of the public....

Ethiopian airline is a good example of Africans exemplary management competence.....
At a time western airline are struggling and seeking govt loans to avoid bankruptcy....
U know why....

U think there aren’t whites in Ethiopia or even helping them in the management of the airlines??

Yes Adesina issues isnt corruption I know bt sm politics and abit of ethics.

China deals with corruption especially the one that is destructive to the common good of National development bt here in Africa we don’t care our know what we shudnt tolreate. China willl sentence u to death if ur corrupt practice affects their development. No questions.

My point is Africa and Africans need to wake up.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Bar1941(m): 10:38am On Jun 11, 2020
festacman:
This sudden resignation of Dr. Jennifer Blanke from her post as VP at African Development Bank (AfDB) might be indicative of the relentlessness of US' interference to indict Dr. Akinwumi Adesina using independent investigators.

However, as we observe closely the unfolding events, let all Nigerians be consoled by these two beautiful quotes from Dr. Jennifer Blanke's resignation letter:

“I am leaving purely for family reasons to rejoin my family in Switzerland, after a very fulfilling time at the bank. I will miss the bank and the excellent team we have built."

“I thank President Akinwumi Adesina for his strong leadership, guidance, and support which have undoubtedly motivated and helped my team and I to play a key role in the transformation of the bank."

These words of testimonies about the leadership of Dr. Akinwumi Adesina from an American-Swiss who is a renowned and globally respected development economist, with over 20 years of experience, put a big question mark on the motive behind the effort to paint Dr. Adesina black and deny him merited 2nd term as AfDB president.

Trump wants him out because he sees during his time African countries are having a good relationship with China and this pose a perceived threat to him. Corruption under his watch is unprecedented in US history yet his government has the gut to probe AFDB. If in this age africans can't take decisions on issues of this nature then I doubt if they deserve any existence.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by SarkinYarki: 10:45am On Jun 11, 2020
addey44:

Are you people teenagers ? cheesy cheesy oga we dey petition people still go bar with them

3 Likes

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by SarkinYarki: 10:48am On Jun 11, 2020
Olominira:
She suddenly remember she has to be with her family at this critical time. Generally, people can never be trusted even though she has nice words for Adesina.

There are two things happening here, either she's leaving probably she honestly feel disappointed by the US action or she's the whistleblower and things not going as planned making it a game over

Trust me she is the whistle blower
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by SarkinYarki: 10:49am On Jun 11, 2020
Bar1941:

Trump wants him out because he sees during his time African countries are having a good relationship with China and this pose a perceived threat to him. Corruption under his watch is unprecedented in US history yet his government has the gut to probe AFDB. If in this age africans can't take decisions on issues of this nature then I doubt if they deserve any existence.

Shut up !!! Trump has nothing to do with Adesina trials , it was internal
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Bar1941(m): 10:59am On Jun 11, 2020
SarkinYarki:

Shut up !!! Trump has nothing to do with Adesina trials , it was internal

Go and tell the elders in your village to shut up, who is Steven Mnuchin (US Treasury Secretary) working for? If you quote me unpolitely again thunder go fire you.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by SarkinYarki: 11:13am On Jun 11, 2020
Bar1941:

Go and tell the elders in your village to shut up, who is Steven Mnuchin (US Treasury Secretary) working for? If you quote me unpolitely again thunder go fire you.

Becareful before i do you strong thing ..You think everyone is your mate ko? Be careful be careful...I am not who you think I am ..Be careful ..you are not beyond my reach..Trust me
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Cryptolurd64: 11:16am On Jun 11, 2020
BITCOIN MINING IS NO LONGER INSANELY PROFITABLE.

The world is moving to mining Altcoins profitably.
Permit me to introduce you to FUND BOOST.

With $10 on Fund Boost, you can purchase 1 ETS/s which can mine 0.01 Ethereum daily, from your dashboard you can purchase up to 10000 ETS/s.
You can earn up to 1 ETH DAILY.

Your mining earnings are basically limitless.

Come aboard now!

W W W. F U N D B O O S T. C L U B
z

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Davidson5(m): 11:17am On Jun 11, 2020
Subduer:

Jennifer Blanke, Chief Economist of the World Economic Forum ... born into a POLISH-JEWISH family
3.Wall Street Jews created Communism in Russia, & engineered the 1st World War to dethrone the Czar of Russia, & the Kaizer Wilhelm of Germany.
5. Same Jews control Franco-phone Africans from France, & Nigeria through England.
6. And now wants to include Nigeria in their Eco currency to be printed & controlled from France's Ministry of Finance.
7. That means direct enslavement of Africans, right in Africa, in this 21st century.

Bros, you just share of the one the most powerful secrecy of the elites Jews. 5 and 6

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Minjim: 11:28am On Jun 11, 2020
SmartyPants:

There is no similarity between your situation and that of the bank.
I didn't think what I stated needed more clarity but since you can't comprehend it
Here is it...
Don't leave in the midst of issues, people will say, that's why you left.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by naijaman2225(m): 11:30am On Jun 11, 2020
Subduer:

TRUMP WOULD BE VERY PROUD OF YOU AND YOUR JEW-BAITING.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by SmartyPants(m): 11:41am On Jun 11, 2020
Minjim:

I didn't think what I stated needed more clarity but since you can't comprehend it
Here is it...
Don't leave in the midst of issues, people will say, that's why you left.

Listen Mr. Man:

Your narration of why you stayed at your school is justifiable on the basis of providing leadership in the absence of established hierarchy.

Saying that people should not leave because people will say this or that has no place in the corporate world. So what if people say that you left because of the issues?

Bottom line remains there is no parallel between your situation and hers.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Goke7: 11:48am On Jun 11, 2020
SIRTee15:

U know why....
@the bolded, I love this. Ethiopian airlines is a proof that Africans can make things work if they are not lazy
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Goke7: 11:50am On Jun 11, 2020
jaxxy:

U think there aren’t whites in Ethiopia or even helping them in the management of the airlines??

China deals with corruption especially the one that is destructive to the common good of National development bt here in Africa we don’t care our know what we shudnt tolreate. China willl sentence u to death if ur corrupt practice affects their development. No questions.

but who is in charge and who get their thing?
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by thundafire: 11:52am On Jun 11, 2020
Subduer:

at times dey way reason, really amazes me? If u are called to back up ur statement hope u wouldn't start stammering
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by baby124: 12:29pm On Jun 11, 2020
vRendoh:

Maybe this maybe that naim put us where we dey now. Poverty nation. We 'maybe' people's opinions. We distrust so much. So bad! Take her final comments and assessments of Adesina for what she stood for.
You are still a toddler in political intrigues. What do you expect her to say, she is resigning because...? So she can struggle to get another job in future? No one will hire a whistle blower
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by baby124: 12:30pm On Jun 11, 2020
wink2015:

ONCE A WHITE MAN FINDS YOU WANTING that is the end of the road !

Obasanjo can only make NOISE defending Adesina and trying to be a PAN AFRICANIST.

THE AMERICANS believe that as long as their DOLLAR is the centre of attractions in the AFDB they must have a larger say in the way the institutions is being run.

NIGERIA GOVERNMENT THAT REFUSE TO ACCEPT RESTRUCTURING AND GOOD GOVERNANCE will regret all their actions.

I FORESEE MORE TERRIBLE ECONOMIC PROBLEMS FOR NIGERIA AND MOST AFRICAN COUNTRIES DUE TO THE MASSIVE CORRUPTION that Nigeria and most african countries had witness.

I SUGGEST THAT ADESINA RESIGNS FROM HIS POSITIONS TO AT LEAST SAVE THE AFDB from the attack of the western countries.

TAKE OR LEAVE IT the western countries developed the AFDB with their money and take it to the level it is today.

OBASANJO should stop writing USELESS LETTERS that only help to INDICT his kind of person.

ADESINA should resigns now and let the REFORMERS come and mold the banks to International standard.
Hahahahaha. You are funny. Some white people on this forum are truly delusional.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by SIRTee15: 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
jaxxy:

Ethiopian airline is 100% owned by Ethiopian govt...
The key management people in executive position are all Ethiopians....
I thought u wrote somewhere that white men are not gods, so I wonder why u attributing EA success to white people....

China is only against corrupt practices that's detrimental to national development....
Chinese leaders give bribe n encourage unethical behaviour so long as the end goal is beneficial....
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by baby124: 12:34pm On Jun 11, 2020
mfm04622:

In fact she was an ally of Akinwunmi.
An ally can want your job. You need to see her profile. From professional event organizer to lead economist in WEF in 10yrs while doing PhD. A black woman will never be allowed to rise that fast. Now she’s VP in AFDB. The hands pulling the strings In the background probably promised her something. Which has failed or plot about to be exposed.

1 Like

Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by baby124: 12:36pm On Jun 11, 2020
SIRTee15:

Ethiopian airline is 100% owned by Ethiopian govt...
The key management people in executive position are all Ethiopians....
I thought u wrote somewhere that white men are not gods, so I wonder why u attributing EA success to white people....

China is after corrupt practices that's detrimental to national development....
Chinese leaders give bribe n encourage unethical behaviour so long as the end goal is beneficial....
There are white people on Nairaland pushing their white supremacy delusions.
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Peacecoy19: 12:47pm On Jun 11, 2020
Minjim:

She is not part of the whistleblowers, at least to the public knowledge.
All the whistleblowers are anonymous
Anonymous is it ever so?
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by baby124: 12:50pm On Jun 11, 2020
Peacecoy19:
Anonymous is it ever so?
Don’t mind them. Is it not human beings at the bank that they will file the complaints with?
Re: Jennifer Blanke Resigns As AfDB Vice President by Nobody: 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2020
What if in the end Adesina is just like Hush-puppi grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Power Blocs Backing Buhari –Tunde Bakare / APC Threatens To Expel Okorocha’s Son-in-law, Abe, Shittu, Others / Bank Of Oduduwa Introduce New Currency Certificate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.