Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,580 members, 7,812,898 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:35 PM

The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State (31764 Views)

IMC Chairman Of Ideato South LGA Hon. Bede Ikeaka Assuring Covid -19 Free / Boss Mustapha: I Never Knew Nigeria’s Healthcare Infrastructure Was In Bad State / COVID-19 Drive-Through Test Center In Yaba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by Irore: 2:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
Champele:
Behold the state of the primary health center in my community, serving two communities, Umuopia Akokwa/Uzii, Ideato North LGA, Imo State. with a population of over 10k people. In a rotten condition.

Please, to whom it may concern #fixPHCs

If you have a similar PHC in a bad condition, you can snap and share with the hashtag #fixPHCs on Twitter. Let's get the attention of the people responsibile to do the needful.

My governor is Sen. Hope Uzodinma
The LG chairlady is Mrs Gloria Mbadigwe(Ideato North)
I don't know the acting councilor.

Thank you

Good thread. Let's all do this from time to time to expose the rot in our system. We might just be told that one of our own was given the contract to renovate and staff and pocketed the money. Let's see how this pans out. NL,please keep us posted of revelations Champele well done.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
Ask Okorosha

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by 4four(m): 2:19pm On Jun 12, 2020
Please, na human being then they care for here or animals?

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by meetme01: 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
SLAP44:

Government is made up of people, which includes you. You haven't shown us letters you wrote to your representatives or the answers you got for the state of this hospital, maybe they are planning a new one or if they have funding issues, is the hospital a federal or state managed facility and who's your state legislator representing you on it.

You just rushed in here to post bad picture so you can trend and enemies congratulate you but your governor is not registered on nairaland.

That's why I think you haven't done anything but expose yourself to your inefficiencies.

Like I said before, if this hospital is very important, Igbos from your community would have rebuilt it as a philanthropic gesture like we all do everyday. Most of our communities either provide an alternative or invest in a better private hospital to serve the location.

Government has failed all around in Nigeria.

You need alot for tutoring about government and the people. It's a pity we have been mentally abused by these so called politicians who have nothing upstairs than to embezzle the treasury.

You must have done social studies in your primary school days or govt in your secondary school days. I believe you were taught functions of the people to the government and also, government to the people.

One of the functions of people to the government is to pay tax, obey rules and regualations etc. Tax payment is the most important function of a citizen to the government. It is believed that, the money generated would be used by the government judiciously to provide the 3basic amenities which Op is pointing out. Also, one of the functions of the government to the people is to provide infrastructure,security, etc

Op, is not saddled with the any philanthropic or bonaza stuffs because he must have paid his tax and what he's doing is calling on the government to use the tax he paid to renovate the health center is his village. Is that too bad or too much to ask? Asking for your right shouldn't be tantamount to stupidity. We all can witness what is happening in the US. Citizens are asking for their right. Have you seen the government arresting protesters.? NO, because they know, it is their right.

Philanthropy is good. You do it at your own peril because you have the resources. I can't be paying tax from my small salary and also contribute to renovate an health center. It is not my not Op's job. It is government's job to fix. He called them out incase they have forgotten.

Don't be a medicore. Let's put our leaders into action. Let them do the needful. Except you are part of those milking the resources of this nation

6 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by ibawon(m): 2:20pm On Jun 12, 2020
At least you have started something right move on brother you are in the right step ahead

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by mvem(m): 2:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Are they not Useless?

Is kanu not foolish?

How can a right thinking person be working tirelessly to subdue the truth. Imagine since yesterday you just want to shut him down from posting the decay in the society.

Who are you helping? The society or your failed politicians?

How can you be an enemy to your own people?

All in the name of fighting imaginary war.

People need to distance themselves from you. You hate ndigbo more than you love them and her development....
he was trying to shut the guy up?...if true then that is foolish

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by maestroferddi: 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
SLAP44:

Children are the ones who rush in just to post bad pictures but have zero background knowledge about their environments.

You stopped reading comments but didn't stop posting ugly pictures?

What is the name of your representative in the Imo state house of assembly?
The fact that that his community waited this long till things got to this state of disrepair and decripitude says a lot about it...

Where in Orlu zone do you still have this kind of decay?

Most communities have since built their own general hospitals and health centers...

An Igboman waiting for government presence,like since when?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by IgboGirlsFucker: 2:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
SLAP44:
If you are a true Igbo man, you will know how we roll, you cannot be on nairaland wailing while other Igbo communities are building new hospitals and maintaining old ones?

Stop waiting for government, there is non in Nigeria, Igbo helps their communities not wailing like the others.

And if I ask you who you have reported this to in real life, you cannot say, what is the name of your house of assembly representative? Have you ever written or met him non this?

Do you think our governor is on nairaland? grin
This is what I call lack of sense of reality and hypocrisy!
Keep it up brah...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by IgboGirlsFucker: 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
BlowYourMind:
You are a liar, south east is better than Dubai and London put together, no dirt or erosion there

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by shekauvsbuhari: 2:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
I AM NOT FROM IMO STATE BUT THIS IS MISINFORMATION. THIS IS A COLONIAL ADMINISTRATION STUCTURE THAT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IT'S NO LONGER BEING USED. I PASS THAT AREA WHILE GOING TO ANAMBRA REGULARLY. AS A MATTER OF FACT ROCHAS BUILT A ULTRA-MODERN HEALTH CENTER IN IDEATO AND OTHER LGA'S IN IMO STATE. LIES AND MISINFORMATION IS TOO MUCH IN NAIRALAND.

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by igboarenice: 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
Sirheny007:
@OP you must not blame everything on Government.

I am from Obodoukwu neighboring Akokwa, Osina.. of course you know.
I and I am grateful that the Obodoukwu Town Union and some individuals took it upon themselves to refurbish our Health centre.
Akokwa is full of rich individuals. They can do something.
They should do something and Government should continue to pocket the money meant for health centres.
Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by SweetOlive(f): 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
Champele:
You sound so ignorant. So, me Calling out our leaders in state and local level to do their work and you bringing up the issue of philanthropy is absurd. How childish you sound here. Iti everywhere
Best response ever.
Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by IgboGirlsFucker: 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
SLAP44:

Government is made up of people, which includes you. You haven't shown us letters you wrote to your representatives or the answers you got for the state of this hospital, maybe they are planning a new one or if they have funding issues, is the hospital a federal or state managed facility and who's your state legislator representing you on it.

You just rushed in here to post bad picture so you can trend and enemies congratulate you but your governor is not registered on nairaland.

That's why I think you haven't done anything but expose yourself to your inefficiencies.

Like I said before, if this hospital is very important, Igbos from your community would have rebuilt it as a philanthropic gesture like we all do everyday. Most of our communities either provide an alternative or invest in a better private hospital to serve the location.

Shut up!
Must he write any letter?

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by proeast(m): 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
SLAP44:
If you are a true Igbo man, you will know how we roll, you cannot be on nairaland wailing while other Igbo communities are building new hospitals and maintaining old ones?

Stop waiting for government, there is non in Nigeria, Igbo helps their communities not wailing like the others.

And if I ask you who you have reported this to in real life, you cannot say, what is the name of your house of assembly representative? Have you ever written or met him non this?

My sentiments exactly. What is the essence of snapping your dilapidated village health and bringing it to nairaland?

You are calling Supreme Court governor who has not built roads or hospitals to come down to your village and build your health centre. By the way, don't you have an LGA chairman or well-to-do individuals?

An individual like Maduka built a world class medical institute in his village in Anambra. There are countless other ones all over Imo state and across Igboland that built hospitals too in our communities.

We Igbos did not achieve MDG goals by waiting for irresponsible government in Nigeria rather it was through self help so stop embarrassing yourself for no reason.

2 Likes

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by dododawa1: 2:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
Leaving imo to dust developing orile in Lagos
Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by Thetruthalways: 2:30pm On Jun 12, 2020
SLAP44:

Its good as you said we shouldn't wait for the government to do everything for us....
But you saying igbos don't wail like the others...
Omo na there you lie ohh...
Una wey dey wail for every appointment given to anyone aside igbos...
If given to an igbo una go still complain that it isnt a big appointment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by shadeyinka(m): 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2020
SLAP44:

In as much as you don't want him to "wash his dirty lining outside", this method is the fastest and most efficient to reach our politicians.
You are ignored when you go the official route and cursed when you go the "public shamming method.

If they pay tax, then Government must of necessity do something for them.

Don't forget that during the election campaign period, all the gubernatorial candidates passed through this village and ALL promising heaven and earth

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by Jman06(m): 2:31pm On Jun 12, 2020
SLAP44:

That is living in denial and the reason many Igbo communities are in shambles!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by TheKingIsHere: 2:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
SLAP44:

How much have you donated for a new hospital in your village?

Guy, what da hell is wrong with you?

The OP is doing the right thing by calling out the useless government that collect huge funds for these communities.

This is why this country will find it difficult moving forward with all these silly mindset everywhere

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by musabayokanu: 2:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
Don't mind the efulefu......you think rebuilding Igbo land after the devastating civil war is government effort.
If the men in your community can't do, inform the women wing or cry out to some philanthropist.

Thank me later

SLAP44:

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by NaijaOlosho(f): 2:33pm On Jun 12, 2020
Okorocha is Typing..... grin
Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by TheKingIsHere: 2:34pm On Jun 12, 2020
Champele:
More pictures..

This one here is the only one in use, manage by a nurse according to people around there. The nurse is said to be present only on Thursday's, but I didn't get to meet her. #fixPHCs

@Fmohnigeria
@HE_HopeUzodimma

You have done well.

If only we have more people like you doing this all around the country, maybe things will change

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by SmartPolician: 2:36pm On Jun 12, 2020
shekauvsbuhari:
I AM NOT FROM IMO STATE BUT THIS IS MISINFORMATION. THIS IS A COLONIAL ADMINISTRATION STUCTURE THAT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IT'S NO LONGER BEING USED. I PASS THAT AREA WHILE GOING TO ANAMBRA REGULARLY. AS A MATTER OF FACT ROCHAS BUILT A ULTRA-MODERN HEALTH CENTER IN IDEATO AND OTHER LGA'S IN IMO STATE. LIES AND MISINFORMATION IS TOO MUCH IN NAIRALAND.

Snap the one Rochas built and do a rejoinder

Simple!

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by SweetOlive(f): 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
SLAP44:

I think you might be right, then I will ask if he has ever asked the right questions from his councilor. Some of these people are not even Igbo. They pick up a Facebook post and broadcast same without asking the right questions, they are here to gloat.
STFU and stop instigating rubbish.

What have you contributed to the society?

Dude has taken a bold step by calling out the necessary people who have failed to carry out their responsibility.

Being igbo shouldn't make one a Di*ckhead.

Think!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by IpobAntidote: 2:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
[s]
SLAP44:

[/s]

Excuses and more excuses. It's job of the Government to provide basic health care not him. Stop trying to stop the man from doing what is right.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by TheKingIsHere: 2:38pm On Jun 12, 2020
peteryoung2048d:
Who should we blame now.... The governor?

No, we should blame you and your family undecided
Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by IpobAntidote: 2:40pm On Jun 12, 2020
Thetruthalways:

Its good as you said we shouldn't wait for the government to do everything for us....
But you saying igbos don't wail like the others...
Omo na there you lie ohh...
Una wey dey wail for every appointment given to anyone aside igbos...
If given to an igbo una go still complain that it isnt a big appointment

I beg help me remind jare. May be he just came back from MARS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by Tupaq: 2:41pm On Jun 12, 2020
That's the nature of PHC in the whole country. It is really pathetic.

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by AnanseK(m): 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
SLAP44:

See this lazy youth oooo

You can use this energy to organise your age mates and find better ways of making your health centre better. Igbos don't wail.

Pardon me brother. You really sound ignorant. Many imo indegenes on NL were this morning in defence of their former governor who was alleged to have looted almost 70 Billion Naira Of Imo State people’s money. The same Governor and his wife have sprawling exotic estates in Owerri in Abuja and elsewhere all alleged to be from Imo state money.

Here is a village battling with dangerously dilapidated century old mud building in the name of health center. Instead of demanding for your rights , what you are saying now is .” It is okay for the politicians to steal everything, let the youth try to renovate these reptile infested century old ruins for the women , men and children of the village!”

Are you Africans okay, do you have brains ?

I suppose it would have been easier to blame Buhari or the North for this inhuman situation in your Igbo villages.

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by daninphilo(m): 2:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
[quote author=SLAP44 post=90561644]If you are a true Igbo man, you will know how we roll, you cannot be on nairaland wailing while other Igbo communities are building new hospitals and maintaining old ones?

Do you think our governor is on nairaland
So it pain you that he wash ur dirty liner outside. For everyone to see, suddenly because of it he is not a true Igbo man.if there is no government in your state there is government in Nigeria. In next 15years the kind of crime we are seeing in northern today will be a child play to what will happened in south south and south east. Continuing hide and abating corruption. I pray we have a president dat will daring enough to do fiscal federalism.

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by Sonoyom(m): 2:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
Terrible stuff

1 Like

Re: The Bad State Of Ideato Health Center In My Community, Imo State by TheKingIsHere: 2:45pm On Jun 12, 2020
meetme01:

You need alot for tutoring about government and the people. It's a pity we have been mentally abused by these so called politicians who have nothing upstairs than to embezzle the treasury.

You must have done social studies in your primary school days or govt in your secondary school days. I believe you were taught functions of the people to the government and also, government to the people.

One of the functions of people to the government is to pay tax, obey rules and regualations etc. Tax payment is the most important function of a citizen to the government. It is believed that, the money generated would be used by the government judiciously to provide the 3basic amenities which Op is pointing out. Also, one of the functions of the government to the people is to provide infrastructure,security, etc

Op, is not saddled with the any philanthropic or bonaza stuffs because he must have paid his tax and what he's doing is calling on the government to use the tax he paid to renovate the health center is his village. Is that too bad or too much to ask? Asking for your right shouldn't be tantamount to stupidity. We all can witness what is happening in the US. Citizens are asking for their right. Have you seen the government arresting protesters.? NO, because they know, it is their right.

Philanthropy is good. You do it at your own peril because you have the resources. I can't be paying tax from my small salary and also contribute to renovate an health center. It is not my not Op's job. It is government's job to fix. He called them out incase they have forgotten.

Don't be a medicore. Let's put our leaders into action. Let them do the needful. Except you are part of those milking the resources of this nation

Well said.

Your deserve a presidential handshake for this

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aliyu Jauro: Owners Of Faulty Vehicles, Generators To Face Jail Term / "Why Me?" - Beautiful Girl Scarred By Acid Attack Laments Online / Unpaid Doctor (House Officer) Collapses In Rivers After 72-Hour Duty (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.