Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller (68433 Views)

From Biafra With Love Is A Bestseller! / Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra / 35 Author Hashtags To Market Your Next Bestseller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by richie240: 5:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
Smoke55:
i Didn't See Where Igbos Denied Nzeokwu In The Thread You Shared,he Admitted That Nzeogwu Is A Niger Deltan (present Day South South) Or You Want To Form Ignorance Of Nt Knowing The Difference Between Tribe And Region? That Ngozi Okonjo Iweale Is From Ss Doesn't Make Her Less Igbo,regions Are Just Political Creation,we Have Multiple Igbos In The Niger Delta,eg Anioma,ogwashi Etc....Show Me Where Ndi Igbo Denied Nzeogwu Or Keep Quiet..
Lolz...... Keep playing d ostritch.
The screenshots below are just from pages 1 and 2 (out of 14 pages) of d the thread littered with denials of nzeogwu's and other Cheenunsoh's' Igbo lineages:
cool

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by richie240: 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
Smoke55:
i Didn't See Where Igbos Denied Nzeokwu In The Thread You Shared,he Admitted That Nzeogwu Is A Niger Deltan (present Day South South) Or You Want To Form Ignorance Of Nt Knowing The Difference Between Tribe And Region? That Ngozi Okonjo Iweale Is From Ss Doesn't Make Her Less Igbo,regions Are Just Political Creation,we Have Multiple Igbos In The Niger Delta,eg Anioma,ogwashi Etc...Show Me Where Ndi Igbo Denied Nzeogwu Or Keep Quiet..

For more denials in d 14-paged thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/5133672/onitsha-niger-bridge-1967-2019

Sebi ur eyez don clear now, abi?
cool

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Turantula(m): 5:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
richie240:

For more denials in d 14-paged thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/5133672/onitsha-niger-bridge-1967-2019

Sebi ur eyez don clear now, abi?
cool

Seems you are new to nairaland, Osagyefo89 is a head slamming Northerner from Kebbi State
cc:immhotep
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by richie240: 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
Turantula:

Seems you are new to nairaland, Osagyefo89 is a head slamming Northerner from Kebbi State
cc:immhotep
Lolz.....typical!
When news favor u, u savour d taste irrespective of d source; if not u wail 'afonjaa', 'abokki', 'Lagos-ibadan media'.
We're used to ur gimmicks now, nwanne!
cheesy

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Masterkernel1: 7:53pm On Jun 14, 2020
SegFault:

An enemy? What kind of rubbish statement is that?

When you hate a people, and yet you're offering an unhealthy advise to them, are they Fools not to note you?
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Masterkernel1: 8:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
sesan85:
Osu boy, Ijeoma Oluo has always called herself Etche, not
Igbo. She doesn't like being called Igbo so don't
force any Ignorant identity on her, lol. See some of
her tweets setting the records straight that she's
Etche, not Igbo: Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
20 Apr 16
Replying to @NicoDiala
& I'm Etche, not Igbo so you can go to that
convention by your damn self. @NicoDiala
View conversation ·
Ijeoma Oluo
@IjeomaOluo
7 Mar 15
Are you mixed or fully Igbo? — mixed. And
Etche, not Igbo. ask.fm/a/c2aadnad

Asking the school that graduated you is the right question for empty imcomprehensive head like your pentinum 1 brain.

Etche is one of the Igbo Sub groups in Rivers State, Nigeria. They are found in the Rivers, Abia and Imo. Etche people are Igbo speaking clan in South South region and they are popularly known as which means Etche people.

Use Google Search or Wikipedia.

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 9:24pm On Jun 14, 2020
Masterkernel1:

Asking the school that graduated you is the right question for empty imcomprehensive head like your pentinum 1 brain.

Etche is one of the Igbo Sub groups in Rivers State, Nigeria. They are found in the Rivers, Abia and Imo. Etche people are Igbo speaking clan in South South region and they are popularly known as which means Etche people.

Use Google Search or Wikipedia.
According to Ijeoma Oluo, she's Etche, not Igbo. That's all that matters.
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by abduljabbar4(m): 9:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Waoh! This is great. The igbos are good people

I have not seen any muslim woman from the north who is a popular writer

Note: Zainab Alkali was a Christian lady. She was Elizabeth Alkali from southern Borno, Borno State. A member of ECWA church but later converted to Islam.

If you know any northern woman who is a Muslim from birth and is a writer, let me know so that I can do research on her

You people can't do without tribalism, can you? How about Maryam Awaisu?

Let's twist the question now.

Mention ONE hausa IndecentStar. Do your research and tell me
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Masterkernel1: 10:05pm On Jun 14, 2020
sesan85:

According to Bukola Saraki, He's a Fulani man. According to Nigerian Regional divide, Kwara is North Central, lest I forget
... According to Kanu, Nijeria is a Zoooo.

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by amuwo1980: 11:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
Depressed101:
SecretSpy666 for allowing me to mention some of the famous northern writers that I know, I hope you now agree that your master degree is good as simple pieces of paper . sad
Dpaulie
lawman88
Emmanuelcann
Israeludoudo
Samfloxin
amuwo1980
Aguogba
darediamond
You all are a disgrace to your education, you have let tribalism, ignorance to cloud your minds that you believe a northerner can't be a celebrated writer, and for the record don't even think I am from there, I am nwa afor Igbo, but a well a informed one, after this list I hope you devote your time to read widely so that tribalism will not becloud your judgment anymore ....
All this names I am about mentioning, Google is your friend pls use it wisely.
Hauwa Ali
Alhaji Dr. Aliyu Akilu
Zaynab Alkali
Nana Asma’u
Muhammadu Bello
Dan Fulani (wrote the sauna adventures)
Hajiya Bilkisu Salisu Ahmed Funtuwa
Abubakar Imam
Helon Habila ( won the Caine prize in 2002)
Farooq Adamu Kperogi

Abdul Rasheed Na'Allah (the current vc of UNiAbuja)
Ibrahim Sheme ( wrote the biography of Late pres. Ahmadu Musa Yar'Adua)
Mamman Jiya Vatsa ( was killed by IBB because of some of his works)
Balaraba Ramat Yakubu
A. H mohammed and a host of others I can't remember.
It's a pity I have to educate you guys on this.

You are ringing hollow , a fraud and a mere gutter sniper ,no body asserted that northerners do not have writers , I asked mention the female writer of repute from the north, I don’t need google to do that for me unless it is an obscure writer. Stop fooling yourself

2 Likes

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Depressed101: 11:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
amuwo1980:

[s]You are ringing hollow , a fraud and a mere gutter sniper ,no body asserted that northerners do not have writers , I asked mention the female writer of repute from the north, I don’t need google to do that for me unless it is an obscure writer. Stop fooling yourself [/s]
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by amuwo1980: 4:52am On Jun 15, 2020
[quote author=Depressed101 post=90678060][/quote]
You are not educated one bit and probably one of these quota enabled ppl who have ruined the country , so ibb killed vatsa because of his literary works , oh sweet Jesus , this particular black life do not matter.
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Depressed101: 11:40am On Jun 15, 2020
amuwo1980:

[s]You are not educated one bit and probably one of these quota enabled ppl who have ruined the country , so ibb killed vatsa because of his literary works , oh sweet Jesus , this particular black life do not matter[/s].
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Emmanuelcann: 12:31pm On Jun 15, 2020
SegFault:

You need an award for thrashing those worthless tribalists.
Does Nairaland need a brain reset button for illiterates? My actual stand is that there are enlightened northern writers of note, I only wanted him to name them and stop the unnecessary bickering. Why not ask a poster for clarification before you start insulting people who are on the same side with you?
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by amuwo1980: 5:21pm On Jun 15, 2020
[quote author=Depressed101 post=90691106][/quote]
Proven empty philistine, wait for your uncle to get appointment so u can be selling contracts Or get a job in the civil service and ur letter back dated and posted from on ministry to another all done secretly with no interview like 99% of all northern youths, both Christian and Moslems northerners are same
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Uchasa(m): 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2020
sesan85:

grin grin grin
I can't laugh anymore,it seems these Non-Igbos can't do without our existence,Etches are Igbos, thesame person you said is not Igbo wrote this

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 4:38pm On Jun 16, 2020
Uchasa:

grin grin grin
I can't laugh anymore,it seems these Non-Igbos can't do without our existence,Etches are Igbos, thesame person you said is not Igbo wrote this
So genius, where in this write-up did Ijeoma Oluo claim to be Igbo? I seemed to have missed it. Can you show me?
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Uchasa(m): 1:27am On Jun 17, 2020
sesan85:
So genius, where in this write-up did Ijeoma Oluo claim to be Igbo? I seemed to have missed it. Can you show me?

If you don't want to see it,then you'll forever remain blind.
First of all Ijeoma is an Igbo name,same with oluo,she said her name is an Igbo name meaning "good journey",that wraps it up to say that she's Igbo!,no arguments,cause you would be surprised to find out that I too I'm not from the South East but I answer an Igbo name and surname with a proud Igbo identity,same with Ijeoma,if you don't like it,go and hug transformer.
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Uchasa(m): 1:29am On Jun 17, 2020
sesan85:

A yoruba man answering Tunde Olalekan can't be interviewed twice to determine wether he is Yoruba or not,because it's clearly a yoruba name.Same with Ijeoma Oluo
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 5:12am On Jun 17, 2020
Uchasa:

A yoruba man answering Tunde Olalekan can't be interviewed twice to determine wether he is Yoruba or not,because it's clearly a yoruba name.Same with Ijeoma Oluo
Oga, that someone is named Tunde Olalekan doesn't automatically make them Yoruba.
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 5:13am On Jun 17, 2020
Uchasa:

If you don't want to see it,then you'll forever remain blind.
First of all Ijeoma is an Igbo name,same with oluo,she said her name is an Igbo name meaning "good journey",that wraps it up to say that she's Igbo!,no arguments,cause you would be surprised to find out that I too I'm not from the South East but I answer an Igbo name and surname with a proud Igbo identity,same with Ijeoma,if you don't like it,go and hug transformer.
You're slow. That someone has an Igbo name doesn't automatically make them Ignorant. Are you two?
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by ninodaniel(m): 3:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
Igbo amaka
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Uchasa(m): 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2020
sesan85:
You're slow. That someone has an Igbo name doesn't automatically make them Ignorant. Are you two?

My brother if you're not Igboid,you would never understand,because you're ignorant..Etche is Igbo!
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jul 02, 2020
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by chachanga: 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2020
okedoyinolabisi:
brain and beauty. I Stan!!

Not bad yourself.

Happy xmas in advance. wink
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by okedoyinolabisi(f): 6:36pm On Dec 14, 2020
chachanga:

Not bad yourself.
kiss
chachanga:

Not bad yourself.
thanks and same wishes to you

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Corridor of Hell / Tales Of Abigail / Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.