Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller (68539 Views)

From Biafra With Love Is A Bestseller! / Chimamanda Adichie: Igbo People Can’t Unite For Presidency Yet Talk About Biafra / 35 Author Hashtags To Market Your Next Bestseller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Tobrasky: 6:57pm On Jun 13, 2020
sesan85:
I won't[s] do that for you, Osu cannibal. I've posted what I wanted to post. Ijeoma Oluo is a mixed race Etche woman. Again, you don't like it? Then go take it up with her on Twitter. You know how to use Twitter? Then type @IjeomaOluo Etche into the search space. That's all I can do for you, Osu outcaste, lol.
[/s]
Your poor mother will be disappointed in you no doubt, you've just desecrated whatever honor she had left. You're talking to someone who has followed Ijeoma for how many years now? Dindinrin oshi, I follow all her editorials and she's quite popular among the Nigerian community here in NY. There's no time she denied been Igbo, Etche is literally a backyard distance to Oyigbo where I come from, and they're even more Igbocentric than we are. Come up with a intelligent tactics, this one is already dead on arrival cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by 3Ceagle(m): 7:01pm On Jun 13, 2020
sesan85:
I don't care about you or whatever the Bleep you identify as. That's your own problem. According to Ijeoma Oluo, she's Etche, not Igbo. Stop crying.

She can claim to be from anywhere she cares, she can even claim to be american if she wants, that's her right. But she cannot take away the fact that she is Etche and that Etche is a sub group of Igbo tribe. This sub tribe of Igbos are also in Imo and Abia, just like the Ohaji/Egbema axis has thier other kins in rivers. The creation of state gave rise to separation of kins. If Ijeoma Oluo was a criminal she would automatically be Igbo to you but because the case is opposite, she now etche. My LGA share boundaries with Etche of rivers and some of those can claim Imo or Rivers depending on what is at stake, like the satellite towns between Lagos and Ogun.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Tobrasky: 7:02pm On Jun 13, 2020
sesan85:
Onitsha people are from Benin. Eri, the ancestors of you Osu cannibals was Igala, lmao! But still don't forget, Ijeoma Oluo is Etche not Igbo, haahahahahahaha!!!!
Boring nonsense grin cheesy
Ijebus are not Yoruba
Awori are jot Yoruba
Eguns are not Yoruba
Lagos belongs to the Bini
No part of Kwara, Kogi, Niger, Delta states are Yoruba

These are sacrosanct facts, cry me more rivers of tears cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Tobrasky: 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2020
3Ceagle:

She can claim to be from anywhere she cares, she can even claim to be american if she wants, that's her right. But she cannot take away the fact that she is Etche and that Etche is a sub group of Igbo tribe. This sub tribe of Igbos are also in Imo and Abia, just like the Ohaji/Egbema axis has thier other kins in rivers. The creation of state gave rise to separation of kins. If Ijeoma Oluo was a criminal she would automatically be Igbo to you but because the case is opposite, she now etche. My LGA share boundaries with Etche of rivers and some of those can claim Imo or Rivers depending on what is at stake, like the satellite towns between Lagos and Ogun.
You even get time to dey make sense to that block head, too much oil in their bad cholesterol meal diets causes blockage to the cognitive parts of their brains, unfortunately.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Nwaotu10(m): 7:03pm On Jun 13, 2020
Igbo amaka

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 7:04pm On Jun 13, 2020
Tobrasky:
[/s]
Too much ritual killings and brown roof oxides have diminished the collective IQs of the Yorubanza race to ground zero. I'm sure your parents swapped your destiny with the some river goddess when your wretch of a mother was desperate for the fruit of the womb grin. Your destiny and cognitive resonance have been replaced with a permanent mark of stupidity.

Of course you can't prove Ijeoma Oluo denied been Igbo, I asked for a simple direct link to such outlandish claim, and like the typical shifty slimy afonja piece of worm that you are, you contrived to outdo yourself once again. So it's pointless engaging a lunatic any further, my case has been vindicated here.
Lol, dejected mofo from the land of the rising scum of erosion-ravaged landlocked, padlocked, mudland, redland hellhole of Ngwa cannibals, Mbaise snakes, Anambra ritualists, snake worshippers, Abakaleke sub-humans, Wawa morons, Osu outcastes, kidnappers, baby factories whose flatheaded people infest other people's homelands like unwanted parasites, homeless refugees and mendicant gypsies. Rejected left and right like lepers. Ijeoma Oluo is Etche not Igbo, let it burn you forever! Lmao!
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 7:08pm On Jun 13, 2020
Tobrasky:

Boring nonsense grin cheesy
Ijebus are not Yoruba
Awori are jot Yoruba
Eguns are not Yoruba
Lagos belongs to the Bini
No part of Kwara, Kogi, Niger, Delta states are Yoruba

These are sacrosanct facts, cry me more rivers of tears cheesy cheesy cheesy
I don't care! All I know is that Benin owns Onitsha, Efik-Ibibios own Arochukwu and Abriba, Igalas own Enugu, and all Igbos are descended from Eric, an Igala man. And don't forget, Ikwerres are not Igbo, Ukwuanis are not Igbo, Sunday Oliseh and Ijeoma Oluo have rejected your worthless people. More tears for Osu outcastes, lmao!
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by valinno(m): 7:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
It can only be IGBO.
IGBO AMAKA.
If you don't like it go and hug that transformer close to your house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by akdjr(m): 7:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
News like this wont trend on Twitter but they will be quick to start trending Hushpupi issue which does not bring good name to the country.
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 7:10pm On Jun 13, 2020
3Ceagle:

That is none of your own business though. The point is, Ijeoma Oluo says she's Etche, not Igbo. Let her be than trying to force some Igbo identiy on her. You guys did the same to Sunday Oliseh when he said the same thing. Aren't you ashamed of yourselves?
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by valinno(m): 7:11pm On Jun 13, 2020
It can only be IGBO.
IGBO AMAKA.
If you don't like it go and hug that transformer close to your house.
Congratulations sister.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Depressed101: 7:12pm On Jun 13, 2020
PoliteActivist:
Depressed101, patience is a virtue. U could gotten yourself banned, and for what??
I was angry, fxxx patience, it was my last post that made it reach fp...
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Depressed101: 7:13pm On Jun 13, 2020
Emmanuelcann:
[s]If you know anyone why not tell her? What is it with Nairaland and inferiority complexes?[/s]
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Israeludoudo(m): 7:16pm On Jun 13, 2020
[quote author=Depressed101 post=90566520] you haven't read widely then there are excellent northern women writers too

Guy mention one you that read
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by naijaman2225(m): 7:22pm On Jun 13, 2020
Elvictor:
tribe war don start again

MEANWHILE NONE OF THE ETHNO-BIGOTS WILL BOTHER TO READ THE BOOK.
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by IndianInNigeria: 7:24pm On Jun 13, 2020
SecretSpy666:
If you know any northern woman who is a Muslim from birth and is a writer, let me know so that I can do research on her
She is a historical figure but apparently was a pioneer poet in the northern part of Nigeria : Nana Asma’u
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nana_Asma’u
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by AskProf: 7:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
sesan85:
Stop showing me some bogus Wikipedia, lol. The same Wikipedia says Ikwerre people are Igbo, but we know Ikwerre people say they're not. Ijeoma Oluo herself says she's not Igbo. She says she's Etche, not Igbo, lol. You don't like the fact that you've been rejected again? Go take it up with her on Twitter and force your "Igboness" on her.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by MetaPhysical: 7:26pm On Jun 13, 2020
Depressed101:
Nigerian American Writer Becomes New York Number 1 Bestseller

I was scrolling through Instagram today when I saw this post, a list of New York Bestseller, most of which where about racism... I took a closer look at the picture and found out that the number 1 new York best seller for Paperback nonfiction book this week was "SO YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT RACE" by a Nigerian-American.

Her name is Ijeoma Oluo I had to goto NY times website to confirm, here you go see for yourself : https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/

Her biography
Ijeoma Oluo is a Seattle-based writer, speaker, and Internet Yeller. She’s the author of the New York Times Best-Seller So You Want to Talk about Race, published in January by Seal Press. Named one of the The Root’s 100 Most Influential African Americans in 2017, one of the Most Influential People in Seattle by Seattle Magazine, one of the 50 Most Influential Women in Seattle by Seattle Met, and winner of the of the 2018 Feminist Humanist Award by the American Humanist Society, Oluo’s work focuses primarily on issues of race and identity, feminism, social and mental health, social justice, the arts, and personal essay. Her writing has been featured in The Washington Post, NBC News, Elle Magazine, TIME, The Stranger, and the Guardian, among other outlets.

Source: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ijeoma_Oluo

Internet yeller.
Hhmmm.....
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sylve11: 7:27pm On Jun 13, 2020
Nice one @ Ijeoma cool
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 13, 2020
Anazp:
Some people will come here and start saying she's Igbo. Nonsense. When last did she visit Igbo land? Inferiority complex and the south easterners are like Siamese twins
It hurts that she is Igbo,doesn't it?You rushed to click hoping it's from your region but got disappointed again.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by sesan85(m): 7:31pm On Jun 13, 2020
[quote author=AskProf post=90633664][/quote] Onitsha people are from Benin. Eri, the ancestors of iGbOs was Igala. Arochukwu and Abriba people are Efik-Ibibios. But still don't forget, Ijeoma Oluo is Etche not Igbo,
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by MetaPhysical: 7:31pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ijeoma, we love you. Keep Nigeria up and keep Igbo soaring!

Sister stay away from Ipob.

Cc
Imhotep
Lzaa
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Ezemeiyogu(m): 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2020
Great one lady.
We hope for more best selling materials from you.
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Skmoda360(m): 7:38pm On Jun 13, 2020
Ogbuu101:
Nothing like Nigerian American.
She's Biafran American.
Open your mouth lemme check something undecided
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 13, 2020
Okay. Well dalu to all Igbos it's a proud feeling to know one of yours is doing great things. Even though she isn't really a Nigerian in the real sense of it. Dad is Igbo mum is Caucasian from Kansas all her life has been spent in America , she married to an American.She is an American period.
When I saw the topic of the thread I was really excited. In my mind I was like finally an African abroad can give his or her perspective on what racism really means . But I was disappointed when I noticed it's another BLM tirade.
Because you see in America it's a whole different kinda of racism for African's based abroad. And it's not even racism from white Americans it's racism from African Americans towards Africans based abroad. You might be wondering, racism amongst blacks? Yes, that's the worst kind of racism you can ever imagine. You see that's why I don't give a Bleep about BLM. As long as it doesn't involve all black lives in America they can all go to hell.

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by PoliteActivist: 7:41pm On Jun 13, 2020
Depressed101:
I was angry, fxxx patience, it was my last post that made it reach fp...

I think u may have a point. But mine reached FP without such

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Goalnaldo(m): 7:42pm On Jun 13, 2020
How much does she charge? I would like her to write a book for me to sell in Kindle cool
Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by LZAA: 7:47pm On Jun 13, 2020
MetaPhysical:
Ijeoma, we love you. Keep Nigeria up and keep Igbo soaring!

Sister stay away from Ipob.

Cc
Imhotep
Lzaa

1 Like

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 13, 2020
sesan85:

Onitsha people are from Benin. Eri, the ancestors of
iGbOs was Igala. Arochukwu and Abriba people are Efik-Ibibios. But still don't
forget, Ijeoma Oluo is Etche not Igbo,

You must to be a hater.

See make I tell if you, if you are not from Etche it doesn't concern you whether they are Igbo or not.

That woman may claim she's not Igbo, but can she go to an Etche gathering and tell them they are not ndigbo.

Even people from your region, here in nairaland have seen all this nonsense you have been posting here, but they don't want to back you up, because they know that you are misguided.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ijeoma Oluo's "So You Want To Talk About Race" Is New York Number 1 Bestseller by XANDERBOY85: 8:03pm On Jun 13, 2020
SecretSpy666:
Waoh! This is great. The igbos are good people

I have not seen any muslim woman from the north who is a popular writer

Note: Zainab Alkali was a Christian lady. She was Elizabeth Alkali from southern Borno, Borno State. A member of ECWA church but later converted to Islam.

If you know any northern woman who is a Muslim from birth and is a writer, let me know so that I can do research on her

I find all these comparisons very childish and annoying! Let's just praise our own and forget what others are doing!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Corridor of Hell / Tales Of Abigail / Nairaland Book Club For Book Lovers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.