Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? (24821 Views)

Girl: I Won't Get Pregnant For My Husband Until He Earns Above 200K Monthly / Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? / 133-Year-Old Woman Who Lives On Top Of Olumo Rock (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Bignuell(m): 10:10am On Jun 18, 2020
Now the answer to your question would be, it shouldn't cause any problem at all when one partner is earning more and i don't know the amount of respect she has to give again other than the one she has been giving since the marriage started or you want the respect to increase because her pay increase. It should also be a problem when the man is ambitious and also when both partner wants the best for each other. It shouldn't be a problem if the thought of being the head cos you earn more (yes it happens). It shouldn't be a problem when both partner have an understanding. On the side of the husband. He just has to level up and not try to use power as the head to see that part of her income gets to you. One the side of the wife. She just has to be the respectful wife she has been all along. Here is the bitter truth, its a slap on the face of the husband to see his wife earn more. Leave all the bullshit talj about love, understanding, maturity. He'll be pained, yes, very pained. Another truth over 50% of men don't want to see their women over take them in this race of finance, they want to see their woman come to them for everything they need so they can gloat on the ego. They all want an independent woman, it helps massage their ego, seeing that she always come back. You know how it feels now, when your ex comes back begging. That display show's that your still relevant. Another thing, some ladies are brought up in a reserve mannet but when it comes to money. Na their money oo. Well in all, the couples should know that their is love in doing things together, their is love in achievimg together. My 2 cents though.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Parisian: 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
Lmao....these comments just show how deluded the average Nigerian male it.

They call women hoes, broke asses who want to live off men but the minute they find a successful educated woman with
fat salary their egos get bruised and repeat the stupid lie that wealthy women are arrogant even when they personally don't know any wealthy arrogant women grin

21 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Ramos16(m): 7:59pm On Jun 19, 2020
mdan:
It's widely known that love alone, is not enough to keep a family standing. There are other factors contributing to a healthy marriage of which respect, loyalty, money etc are involved.

Now, in a situation where a wife earns more than the husband, will there be respect?

And if there is, how long can a woman keep up before she starts acting weird?

For the ladies do you think it's an issue earning higher than your husband?

This is a dumb topic.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by pointstores(m): 8:01pm On Jun 19, 2020
Humility is beyond money
Home training is beyond money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by kingjahjah(m): 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
N2,000 respect
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by freethinker01: 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by loadedvibes: 8:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
Very much for a start.. then it declines

1 Like

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by spiritedtete: 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
Every respect o... but the woman needs to know or learn to be submissive and give her husband the mantle "wisdom" to lead the home.

In this regard the husband will always be proud of the woman he married.. and boast of her everywhere and lookdown on other ladies not fit to be in his wife's position.

It doesn't stop cheating sha o. .. he will only be remembering his kind of wife will be hard to come by.. hence he will guide is home with his all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Sultty(m): 8:03pm On Jun 19, 2020
mdan:
It's widely known that love alone, is not enough to keep a family standing. There are other factors contributing to a healthy marriage of which respect, loyalty, money etc are involved.

Now, in a situation where a wife earns more than the husband, will there be respect?

I get it. U trying to be sarcastic wink wink

1 Like

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by mechanics(m): 8:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
It's easy, once the money don't get into their head, but if it does, there will be problem, it takes the grace of God for a lady to earn higher than her husband to be submissive.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Fuckingmallam45(m): 8:04pm On Jun 19, 2020
What are some sad truths about life?
The financial industry should prepare for a “carbon correction”.

There is one famous short story that is mentioned in Mahabharata.

Once upon a time, a pigeon flew to King Shibi.

It told him ‘That hawk is chasing me to kill me. Please help me, Lord.’

The king calmed it by saying that he will protect it from the danger.

As they were talking, the hawk flew to the spot. It tried to attack the pigeon.

The king stopped it and told the hawk, ‘Stop doing this. What you are trying to do is sinful. You are not supposed to harm the weak. Go back.’

The hawk listens patiently and then asks, ‘Aahan. I feed on pigeons. My nature is made to be like this. I can’t do anything about it? If I don’t kill this pigeon and take its meat, I and my babies will die of hunger. By helping this pigeon, you will be killing me and my baby-hawks. You want to do that, lord’

King Shibi was stunned for a moment on hearing the hawk’s words.

While that story ended on a positive note— The king protected both the hawk as well as the pigeon, by offering his flesh to the hawk— such good-for-all middle-paths are not possible in reality.

The order of nature is more rigid and unforgiving in reality.

Now, imagine these three situations.

A doctor prays that he should get a good income every month so that he can fulfil all his wife’s desires, send his children to a better school and lead a happy life. Indirectly it means that he should get more patients and many people in his colony should fall sick and suffer from pain.
There are five eligible students for one scholarship in a college. Finally, one student gets it and he is super happy. He goes home and celebrates. The remaining four students are depressed and sad.
A factory is making medicines and saving the lives of many people in one corner of the globe. But the sewage water and toxic gas it releases is harming the livelihood of the people in another corner of the globe.
We all live in an ecosystem. All of us are interdependent on each other.

Everyone cannot be happy and joyful at the same time. We have to exchange our joys with others’ pain and others’ joys with our pain to keep the balance in the universe.

Life sometimes makes someone sad so that you can be happy.

And the same life sometimes makes you sad so that someone else can be happy.

This is one of the sad facts about life.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Jollos(m): 8:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
Total respect.
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
chiddyok:
Dear woman, you will never be submissive enough for a man you earn more than. You will either resent his headship on empty pocket or he will resent you and make life hell for you. Even if you submit your salary on both knees he will wonder why you got paid on time if you aren’t sleeping with your boss. To avoid stories that touch, until the day men can carry pregnancy, please let them till the ground and be the head. If you want to go far, marry a man who wants to go further. If you want to earn millions, look for a man who wants to earn double. Don’t let them fool you, there’s nothing like a submissive husband.

I agree. I concur. I conceed. I accord. You have sense. smiley

4 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by phemmyfour: 8:05pm On Jun 19, 2020
mdan:

Respect begat respect, the day the guy disrespect her or mismanage her money.

Case study: Tiwa n Tbliz

2 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
Women always scream "respect women" but they don't respect men. I always laugh and feel sorry for men who shout respect women. A lot of men need to be sent to re-education camp

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by sylve11: 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
@ all cost, as a man, make money and don't too be in a competition with your wife. cool
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by LedRock: 8:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
chiddyok:
Dear woman, you will never be submissive enough for a man you earn more than. You will either resent his headship on empty pocket or he will resent you and make life hell for you. Even if you submit your salary on both knees he will wonder why you got paid on time if you aren’t sleeping with your boss. To avoid stories that touch, until the day men can carry pregnancy, please let them till the ground and be the head. If you want to go far, marry a man who wants to go further. If you want to earn millions, look for a man who wants to earn double. Don’t let them fool you, there’s nothing like a submissive husband.
So female billionaires in dollars will get married to who? So if Alice Walton who is worth over $40billion have to marry someone richer

4 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by chubinwa(m): 8:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
A woman who understands her role in the family will not be intoxicated by her affluence over her husband.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Goldenrod1: 8:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
Think9ja:
I simply cannot allow myself be in that kind of situation.

Even if it's 5k, I must earn more than her.

The day that stops happening, I will quietly pack my things and go back to my father's house. Or better still, I will just rent another place and leave her and the children. We will still be married of course, but we won't be living under the same roof.

I just cannot be living under the same roof with a woman who earns more than me. That automatically turns you into the woman of the house.

Most 21st century 9ja ladies are just looking for the slightest opportunity to boss over the man. And she earning more than you will present her with the best opportunity. I can't let that happen.

Nah I didn't agree with this

If there is genuine love, the wife will still be submissive even if her salary is more than her husband's own but just that their type is rare

This days, if wife earns more than their husband, one day one day she will still use it to insult her husband if they have misunderstanding

2 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by ofiko123(m): 8:08pm On Jun 19, 2020
I came to read comments..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
meobizy:
Zero. Hypergamy is a thing inherent in females. She’ll spend any free time scheming to catch a better man.
I agree

2 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by GoodFaith: 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ariza:
I wonder why it affects most Men when women earn higher. If you create geninue bond , respect, friendship and love between you and your woman, little material things like 'earnings' shouldn't create insecurity in you or gaps in your relationship/marriage. A woman who loves you will never disregard you. Work towards creating unbreakable bond with your partner then you will not have to worry about them earning more.

I'm directing this to men because most of you do not know how to create lasting impression but will wail, cry, throw trantrums when replaced.

Nonsense
Text Book talk
please talk about real life experience
Lot of women will still act a fool if their income increase and they are still not making more money than you
Talk about the woman make money pass you

4 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
Bola146:
Where there are genuine love and trust, a woman would be submissive to her husband, they do not own anything than the children

Where can you find true love in Naija?
Naija love is base on conditions....like the guy must be rich while the lady must be beautiful.

We just marry each other knowing fully well that it is all about children...no love in naija..wicked is embedded in our genes.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by lekki1444: 8:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
depends on if he is a skilled technician in ze oza room
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by stagger: 8:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
mdan:

Everything is money money money for you young people. Haba!

3 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
as someone that dated a woman that earned higher than me for some years, finances didn't come as a problem between us. If I could think back about why, it was because she loved me genuinely and saw a future with me. I was not insecure about her higher earnings, and didn't even ask her for it.

I was a student then, with a burning potential which she could see clearly. Perhaps, it could be that she saw a seed that needs watering into germination, or she was exceptional, I don't know. If a man is secured in his masculinity, and has a burinig purpose that he is working on and fuels him everyday, a smart women will support and respect you.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by SaintNegro77: 8:11pm On Jun 19, 2020
Depending on the lady. My best friend's wife earns trice of what he earns but she's humble and loyal to him to the Earth.

8 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by ThothHermes: 8:12pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ariza:
I wonder why it affects most Men when women earn higher. If you create geninue bond , respect, friendship and love between you and your woman, little material things like 'earnings' shouldn't create insecurity in you or gaps in your relationship/marriage. A woman who loves you will never disregard you. Work towards creating unbreakable bond with your partner then you will not have to worry about them earning more.

I'm directing this to men because most of you do not know how to create lasting impression but will wail, cry, throw trantrums when replaced.
You always try to sound like you know what you are talking about. grin
Your ignorance is attractive. I kid you not.

10 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by ololo12: 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
Lol. I think this topic was attended to years ago. In the voice of Sukkot. Water will always find its level cool
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by AXYZ: 8:13pm On Jun 19, 2020
chiddyok:

FYI sis. My wife earns much more than I do and we're fine--very fine! We've been married for more than 5yrs now.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Mother Wants To Throw Me Into Bankruptcy / A Concubine Should Not Be Made To Pay For The Sins Of A Cheating Spouse!!! / Family Of Six Escapes Death In Otedola Bridge Tanker Explosion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.