Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 AM

How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? (24816 Views)

Girl: I Won't Get Pregnant For My Husband Until He Earns Above 200K Monthly / Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? / 133-Year-Old Woman Who Lives On Top Of Olumo Rock (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by ololo12: 8:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
lekki1444:
depends on if he is a skilled technician in ze oza room

Water will always find it's level grin
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Goodzinny: 8:14pm On Jun 19, 2020
There will be respect as long as you don't over tax her by pushing all financial needs to her. You still need to be using your little to do what it can carry and not always looking upon her for everything and also be showing gratefulness. If not she will think you are abusing her then she will show you resistance which will lead to disrespect. Meanwhile remember that you don't help her do house chores, cook or take care of the kids, so why must you push all expenses to her. It hurts.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by lekki1444: 8:15pm On Jun 19, 2020
ololo12:

Water will always find it's level grin
yes ooo my brother grin cheesy grin
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by ThothHermes: 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2020
LedRock:
So female billionaires in dollars will get married to who? So if Alice Walton who is worth over $40billion have to marry someone richer
Not necessarily, but she must marry someone who has enough money that her $40B becomes a non-factor.
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 19, 2020
mdan:
It's widely known that love alone, is not enough to keep a family standing. There are other factors contributing to a healthy marriage of which respect, loyalty, money etc are involved.

Now, in a situation where a wife earns more than the husband, will there be respect?

And if there is, how long can a woman keep up before she starts acting weird?

For the ladies do you think it's an issue earning higher than your husband?

A sound mind does not give so much attention to money. Too much money does not give satisfaction. There is only one requirement for either a man or a woman: to be able to feed himself or herself and the kids (if there are). As long as the man is sound in mind, no matter the amount the lady earns more, she cannot override him (and vice versa). You don't demand respect. You earn them. And part of the issue is to be able to feed the family as a man. It doesn't take so much for two unified people to feed themselves and their kids. Be a man or woman you claim to be. Be sound in mind when tackling challenges, and learn how to manage money. That is all. Your spouse will respect you no matter who earns more. And as a man do not put "respect" in your head like it is a course of study. Where there is love, the word respect does not exist.

8 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by InvertedHammer: 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
/
As a man, just earn enough to be comfortable. Your wife will respect that.

If she earns because she is an employee, she will know that the salary can go anytime.

The problem is when a man is wholly dependent on the wife's income, it puts too much pressure on a woman
that most women are not equipped to handle especially if she keeps "showy" friends.

/

1 Like

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by MishdaFish: 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
She hardly gives respect to the man. There are few exceptions; if he is good in bed or he had a hand in building her up.

1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by playapayaski: 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
A billion likes for you, well said.

Fuckingmallam45:
What are some sad truths about life?
The financial industry should prepare for a “carbon correction”.

There is one famous short story that is mentioned in Mahabharata.

Once upon a time, a pigeon flew to King Shibi.

It told him ‘That hawk is chasing me to kill me. Please help me, Lord.’

The king calmed it by saying that he will protect it from the danger.

As they were talking, the hawk flew to the spot. It tried to attack the pigeon.

The king stopped it and told the hawk, ‘Stop doing this. What you are trying to do is sinful. You are not supposed to harm the weak. Go back.’

The hawk listens patiently and then asks, ‘Aahan. I feed on pigeons. My nature is made to be like this. I can’t do anything about it? If I don’t kill this pigeon and take its meat, I and my babies will die of hunger. By helping this pigeon, you will be killing me and my baby-hawks. You want to do that, lord’

King Shibi was stunned for a moment on hearing the hawk’s words.

While that story ended on a positive note— The king protected both the hawk as well as the pigeon, by offering his flesh to the hawk— such good-for-all middle-paths are not possible in reality.

The order of nature is more rigid and unforgiving in reality.

Now, imagine these three situations.

A doctor prays that he should get a good income every month so that he can fulfil all his wife’s desires, send his children to a better school and lead a happy life. Indirectly it means that he should get more patients and many people in his colony should fall sick and suffer from pain.
There are five eligible students for one scholarship in a college. Finally, one student gets it and he is super happy. He goes home and celebrates. The remaining four students are depressed and sad.
A factory is making medicines and saving the lives of many people in one corner of the globe. But the sewage water and toxic gas it releases is harming the livelihood of the people in another corner of the globe.
We all live in an ecosystem. All of us are interdependent on each other.

Everyone cannot be happy and joyful at the same time. We have to exchange our joys with others’ pain and others’ joys with our pain to keep the balance in the universe.

Life sometimes makes someone sad so that you can be happy.

And the same life sometimes makes you sad so that someone else can be happy.

This is one of the sad facts about life.

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by sonnie10: 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
Yes
It's an issue for me.
I can't marry a guy who's income is lower than mine.

A man's role in a family is to be a provider.
The woman role is to help nurture the kids,and keep the family together.
She can also assist the man in paying the bills too.
If life happens,and for some reason he looses his source of income,I'll support him.
But he has to get his $hit together as quickly as possible.
And it depends on the guy too.
I mean I can't imagine a case where I've gone to work,after a tired day I still have to do all of the house chores while footing most of the bills.
That alone would make any woman frustrated.

You mean if your job promotes you and it came with double pay you will reject it? Lets say you were earning 500k and your husband's 700k, then all of a sudden because of your value at work they doubled you salary. Does it mean you would go home and divorce you husband?
Your submission here is that, the role for house chores would automatically be reversed right? The truth is that he will look for another woman who is willing to manage his small 700k and be submissive at the same time.
After all, your now #1M salary would be enough for you to manage yourself and still get a paidhouse maid

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by exever100(f): 8:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
Where there is genuine love,you won't even remember what you earn,I earn higher than hubby and I don't even remember.

1 Like

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by ololo12: 8:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
[quote author=ThothHermes post=90853964]Not necessarily, but she must marry someone who has enough money that her $40B becomes a non-factor. [/quote

The woman in question is divorced. I guess it's true what they say water will always find its level.

1 Like

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Fuckingmallam45(m): 8:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
playapayaski:

A billion likes for you, well said.

Thank you boss

1 Like

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by captianfreeman(m): 8:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
As much as is necessary.
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by akaahs(m): 8:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
I think where the woman makes more than her husband shouldn't be a problem but if she rubs that fact in his face, that is where wahala go dey, he ll feel intimidated by her money and her success.
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by SAD007(m): 8:27pm On Jun 19, 2020
SHISHI Respect
mdan:
It's widely known that love alone, is not enough to keep a family standing. There are other factors contributing to a healthy marriage of which respect, loyalty, money etc are involved.

Now, in a situation where a wife earns more than the husband, will there be respect?

And if there is, how long can a woman keep up before she starts acting weird?

For the ladies do you think it's an issue earning higher than your husband?
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by RedPhoenix: 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
chiddyok:
Dear woman, you will never be submissive enough for a man you earn more than. You will either resent his headship on empty pocket or he will resent you and make life hell for you. Even if you submit your salary on both knees he will wonder why you got paid on time if you aren’t sleeping with your boss. To avoid stories that touch, until the day men can carry pregnancy, please let them till the ground and be the head. If you want to go far, marry a man who wants to go further. If you want to earn millions, look for a man who wants to earn double. Don’t let them fool you, there’s nothing like a submissive husband.

Banger dey inside your mouth

1 Like

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by emmanuelewumi(m): 8:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
Think9ja:
I simply cannot allow myself be in that kind of situation.

Even if it's 5k, I must earn more than her.

The day that stops happening, I will quietly pack my things and go back to my father's house. Or better still, I will just rent another place and leave her and the children. We will still be married of course, but we won't be living under the same roof.

I just cannot be living under the same roof with a woman who earns more than me. That automatically turns you into the woman of the house.

Most 21st century 9ja ladies are just looking for the slightest opportunity to boss over the man. And she earning more than you will present her with the best opportunity. I can't let that happen.

Funny you, what if you earn more than her today but tomorrow gets promotion and earns more than you? Will you tell her to resign her appointment.

What if you earned more than her, but she inherited commercial property from her parents and the rental income from the property is more than your salary.

What if she starts a business and the business gives her more income than what you earn as salary.

5 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by letitrainnow(m): 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2020
larj:
Normally i overlook most topic, but let me comment for the sake of someone.
What women need is enveloped in two things :
1) Resources
2) Attention.
The resources as we all know , mostly money grin and security
The attention on the other hand is not just the attention, but what comes off it , like love and romance, sweet words, great sex, helping at home, respect, care and all.
The two are quite important, many men substitute one for the other, give her resources and some women can manage with little attention, but God epp you when she has little need of your resources or earns more and you can't provide the attention. That's where wahala starts to happen. She can't earn as much or more than you and you still won't give her attention even in little things as helping with the kids or chores at home. Most men's ego can't take it. Even if a woman wants to run wild at this time she can be reasoned with if the right attention is given and there's communication. It's a man's God given role to draw his wife to agreement with him through communication. But what do I know. They just give marriage certificate to any one without training. It is not love that determines a good marriage or any goal in life. Principles determine the outcome of anything. You actions has to be grounded from principles to get a desired outcome like a blissful home. It's not too late to change and align your actions to true principles. Okay bye

Love this. Please are you a marriage counselor? Because you speak volumes in few words.
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by nedekid: 8:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
Bola146:
Where there is genuine love and trust, a woman would be submissive to her husband, they do not own anything than the children
Even if there is genuine love over time there will be problems. It is inevitable.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by oshaosha2014(m): 8:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
Wow! I have a follower of CGA cool. That man has opened my eyes to female nature more than I have experienced in my 30-something year of living. I have enough information not to be played like a fiddle.

genq:

Facts.
Coach Greg Adams exposes this on a daily. Hypergamy is ingrained in the female DNA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by oshaosha2014(m): 8:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
Submission is submission!!! It means the woman aligning to the man rule.

Ariza:
Exactly!
I sometimes wonder why most fuse over this submission of a thing. You see both gender dragging it like:

Man: "You must submit"
Woman: "lailai I will not submit" grin

And I wonder why submission to most Nigerians is like a tug of war. Isn't submission equal to agreeing? How is it possible not to agree or give a listening ear to someone you claim to love.? Must it be a war thing. How difficult is two coming together to make decisions or giving go ahead to proposed suggestions?

Seriously o su mi grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by vickydevoka(m): 8:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
chiddyok:
Dear woman, you will never be submissive enough for a man you earn more than. You will either resent his headship on empty pocket or he will resent you and make life hell for you. Even if you submit your salary on both knees he will wonder why you got paid on time if you aren’t sleeping with your boss. To avoid stories that touch, until the day men can carry pregnancy, please let them till the ground and be the head. If you want to go far, marry a man who wants to go further. If you want to earn millions, look for a man who wants to earn double. Don’t let them fool you, there’s nothing like a submissive husband.
Money n looks wic is important in marriage
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by pocohantas(f): 8:43pm On Jun 19, 2020
chiddyok:

Thanks for this pink pill!!!!

Endorsed!!!! grin grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Bruno3000(m): 8:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ariza:
I wonder why it affects most Men when women earn higher. If you create geninue bond , respect, friendship and love between you and your woman, little material things like 'earnings' shouldn't create insecurity in you or gaps in your relationship/marriage. A woman who loves you will never disregard you. Work towards creating unbreakable bond with your partner then you will not have to worry about them earning more.

I'm directing this to men because most of you do not know how to create lasting impression but will wail, cry, throw trantrums when replaced.
Women are wired to misbehave when they earn higher than their men. Its ingrained in their DNA. SIMPLE.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by suzzyrims: 8:44pm On Jun 19, 2020
chiddyok:

Well said. Men are egoistic and will still want maximum respect and total submission even when the wife earns more and obviously foot more bills in the home. To help the woman in doing some chores in the home becomes a problem when the woman is burdened with responsibilities that are supposed to be theirs. My take is any man that wants total submission and respect should take full responsibility regardless of if the wife earns more or not.

11 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by AdeifofGod: 8:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
The problem is if only what the man can offer is money.

3 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Ryocaj(m): 8:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
Getting married to a Nigerian woman earning more than u? It will end in tears bro...

5 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by TheRedpillguy: 8:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
bukatyne:
Marry a high self-esteemed humble man. I did not say a walkover or a man suffering from low self esteem.

If you earn less than him today, you can out earn him tomorrow except you work hard NOT to out earn him.
A man with high self esteem that is humble. How dose that work?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Antichristus: 8:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
Respect is reciprocal. It shouldn't have anything to do with incomes. I know a medical doctor who is married to a chef. They both respect each other.
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by innobarca(m): 8:57pm On Jun 19, 2020
Some women are good, its not about respect or submission.

I do not value those things, just do what you must do as a man to take care of your family.

Husband and wife should be one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Mother Wants To Throw Me Into Bankruptcy / A Concubine Should Not Be Made To Pay For The Sins Of A Cheating Spouse!!! / ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.