Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? (24819 Views)

Girl: I Won't Get Pregnant For My Husband Until He Earns Above 200K Monthly / Man Earns 150k In Lagos & Wife Earns 750k In Kaduna, Who Should Resign? / 133-Year-Old Woman Who Lives On Top Of Olumo Rock (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 19, 2020
chiddyok:
Dear woman, you will never be submissive enough for a man you earn more than. You will either resent his headship on empty pocket or he will resent you and make life hell for you. Even if you submit your salary on both knees he will wonder why you got paid on time if you aren’t sleeping with your boss. To avoid stories that touch, until the day men can carry pregnancy, please let them till the ground and be the head. If you want to go far, marry a man who wants to go further. If you want to earn millions, look for a man who wants to earn double. Don’t let them fool you, there’s nothing like a submissive husband.

are u sure u are woman....this one that there's too much sense in your comment that has to do with gender issues..
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by AntiWailer: 9:00pm On Jun 19, 2020
As much as the husband have common sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by babakb: 9:02pm On Jun 19, 2020
A lot of women from poor backgrounds are also not submissive to their husbands and some even cheat so I don't understand the fuse about women who earn more.

As a man, if your wife is paying most of the Bills then you have lost your leadership, you are just another fake head of the house, no matter how the woman tries to be totally submissive, inside her heart she knows you are just another worthless man.

If you find yourself in such situation just manage it well, some days she will respect you some days she will err, don't judge her just manage her...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Vickisha: 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
Adinije:
Most women don't lose their respect for their husbands simply because they are earning more. The lost of respect begins when the man start expecting the woman to shoulder most of HIS RESPONSIBILITIES. If you are pushing all your responsibilities to your woman simply because She's earning more, you are like Esau that traded his birthright for a pot of porridge.

Men, no matter how much your wife makes, try and pay your bills, and she will respect you more. She will even settle some bills without you asking.
tell them! Some will even even hand over the responsibilities like its a right. The 21st century woman is not her mother of the past, any slight indication of you taking her for fool in the name of submission and your in for some trouble. The fact to this matter is "respect is earned, not forced" ensure that you do and continue to do what earns your woman's respect and a reasonable woman will see and respect you for it. Stop banking on 'submission' in a bid to disguise your inferiority complex.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by popcykaylah(m): 9:06pm On Jun 19, 2020
None
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by meetme01: 9:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
It's personality and not females persay.

I have seen homes where you rarely know the woman is the breadwinner. Even the kids. And I have the other side which is too good.
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by SmartPolician: 9:07pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ariza:
I wonder why it affects most Men when women earn higher. If you create geninue bond , respect, friendship and love between you and your woman, little material things like 'earnings' shouldn't create insecurity in you or gaps in your relationship/marriage. A woman who loves you will never disregard you. Work towards creating unbreakable bond with your partner then you will not have to worry about them earning more.

I'm directing this to men because most of you do not know how to create lasting impression but will wail, cry, throw trantrums when replaced.

I will try so hard not to insult you

You know zilch about women

5 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by AreaFada2: 9:09pm On Jun 19, 2020
placeofallure:

It can't be an issue. Especially when that didn't form the basis of your marriage. When you marry for love, friendship, companionship, I don't see money causing a war just because....at a point, I earned more than him, we did not die.

Please, check my signature.
Sadly marriage market is very congested. Only a tiny minority will marry for love. The rest nko?

For the most part in the African clime, women still marry for economic security. So the few rich men are much in demand for example.
It's still new that some women have to become breadwinner. But hardly any woman goes into marriage expecting to be breadwinner. Na condition dey make crayfish bend.

When she becomes the big earner, it takes the grace of God for her not to forget how the journey started and how the man previously laboured for the family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by atiku4President(m): 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2020
Hathor5:
I respect people for many different reasons but never for how much money they earn.
nice

1 Like

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Jsaviour(f): 9:19pm On Jun 19, 2020
spiritedtete:
Every respect o... but the woman needs to know or learn to be submissive and give her husband the mantle "wisdom" to lead the home.

In this regard the husband will always be proud of the woman he married.. and boast of her everywhere and lookdown on other ladies not fit to be in his wife's position.

It doesn't stop cheating sha o. .. he will only be remembering his kind of wife will be hard to come by.. hence he will guide is home with his all.

You earn less than a woman and still get mind to cheat? When your whole time should be spent on building yourself to upgrade your income?

I don't even know what some Nigerian men want Sha.

Anyway, na to just kick the man comot for my house asap.

You can't be double useless at the same time.

The moment you dishonour your wife or marriage by cheating, you lose all respect due to you.

The worst are those who are been fed by their wives and still cheat or beat the woman.

They no born you well walai!!

Respect is reciprocal. The amount of respect you accord me is what I will give back.

Gone are the days women endure trash just to be called virtuous or submissive.

If you as a man throw your authority to the dogs through irresponsibility, the woman will help you match it to pieces.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by knowhowk: 9:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
Folorunsho Alakija is richer than her Husband ,I don't know what going in her Home .,But don't expect respect from a woman richer than U .But na God make am u too hustle ooo
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by CsRockefeller(m): 9:22pm On Jun 19, 2020
Jsaviour:

You earn less than a woman and still get mind to cheat? When your whole time should be spent on building yourself to upgrade your income?

The moment you dishonour your wife or marriage by cheating, you lose all respect due to you.

The worst are those who are been fed by their wives and still cheat or beat the woman.

Them no born you well walai!!

Respect is reciprocal. The amount of respect you accord me is what I will give back.

Lol. Calm down.
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Alexaonfleek: 9:24pm On Jun 19, 2020
sonnie10:

You mean if your job promotes you and it came with double pay you will reject it? Lets say you were earning 500k and your husband's 700k, and all of a sudden because of your value at work they doubled you salary, does it mean you would go home and divorce you husband?
Your submission here is that the role for house chores would automatically be reversed right? The truth is that he will look for another woman who is willing to manage his small 700k and be submissive at the same time.
After all, your now #1M salary would be enough for you to manage yourself and still get a paidhouse maid
ah,if that is the case,as long as he is still paying the majority of the bills,we are good to go.
Something like that should even motivate him to hustle harder.
If it's to start side biz,and he needs money,I will support him with what I have.

1 Like

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by wany(f): 9:25pm On Jun 19, 2020
Ariza:
This is telling women not to work at all because if only everyone is destined to make it at the same time same place, same way and equal measures will your suggestion be achievable. Some things aren't set in stones and SUCCESS is one of it. Even if a woman search for a man who "wants" to go further how sure is she that he will go further or do that that before her.

And , There is a difference between a submissive woman and coherced submissive Woman. If a woman is submissive for a reason, it is a disaster waiting to happen because the day that 'reason' is found wanting the submission disappears. Unfortunately that's what is happening these days. Most women like you suggest only submit because their husbands have more materially. That's why people with Op's mentality exist .

I believe women should be encouraged to stand and live on their own, pay their bills and aquire whatever properties and Men should go for such Women. Only when two are equal or at least equal in their own eyes can there be genuine love. But in a society where Men would rather look for substandard women to refine and love , where Women will rather paint face and look beautiful expecting their Lords , there may never be True Love or Submission.

Echoe it . undecided
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Saintinoo(m): 9:26pm On Jun 19, 2020
mdan:
It's widely known that love alone, is not enough to keep a family standing. There are other factors contributing to a healthy marriage of which respect, loyalty, money etc are involved.

Now, in a situation where a wife earns more than the husband, will there be respect?

And if there is, how long can a woman keep up before she starts acting weird?

For the ladies do you think it's an issue earning higher than your husband?
If you cannot respect your husband 100% then please do not marry.
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Sarah20A(f): 9:28pm On Jun 19, 2020
chiddyok:
Dear woman, you will never be submissive enough for a man you earn more than. You will either resent his headship on empty pocket or he will resent you and make life hell for you. Even if you submit your salary on both knees he will wonder why you got paid on time if you aren’t sleeping with your boss. To avoid stories that touch, until the day men can carry pregnancy, please let them till the ground and be the head. If you want to go far, marry a man who wants to go further. If you want to earn millions, look for a man who wants to earn double. Don’t let them fool you, there’s nothing like a submissive husband.
please loud it for them to hear kiss
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by babakb: 9:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
Jsaviour:

Them no born you well walai!!

It's like you don't know that a lot of many are beasts these days, I am a guy and I work with over 22 Male colleagues that are married and 15 of them cheat, how did I know?
We hold quarterly Regional meetings in a hotel and you will all of them come with runs girls and fvck them for 3 days.

4 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Burgerlomo: 9:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
Respect right? I don hear cool

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by poweredcom(m): 9:29pm On Jun 19, 2020
Well @womenareapes you gat to seee this

No naija woman of this generation will give you total respect the moment she start earning than you

This is because many of them have not seen Wealth and when they see it more than their husband they become something else

It's only luck that man will have if he has a woman who is loyal

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by dalass(f): 9:30pm On Jun 19, 2020
larj:
Normally i overlook most topic, but let me comment for the sake of someone.
What women need is enveloped in two things :
1) Resources
2) Attention.
The resources as we all know , mostly money grin and security
The attention on the other hand is not just the attention, but what comes off it , like love and romance, sweet words, great sex, helping at home, respect, care and all.
The two are quite important, many men substitute one for the other, give her resources and some women can manage with little attention, but God epp you when she has little need of your resources or earns more and you can't provide the attention. That's where wahala starts to happen. She can't earn as much or more than you and you still won't give her attention even in little things as helping with the kids or chores at home. Most men's ego can't take it. Even if a woman wants to run wild at this time she can be reasoned with if the right attention is given and there's communication. It's a man's God given role to draw his wife to agreement with him through communication. But what do I know. They just give marriage certificate to any one without training. It is not love that determines a good marriage or any goal in life. Principles determine the outcome of anything. You actions has to be grounded from principles to get a desired outcome like a blissful home. It's not too late to change and align your actions to true principles. Okay bye

Nice and sound.... No beating about the bush.... grin grin

Men are speaking, some boys to men will soon come here forming and spewing thrash
cool

1 Like

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by dalass(f): 9:33pm On Jun 19, 2020
CsRockefeller:

Lol. Calm down.

Calm down ke?

She dey vex.... grin grin grin
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Jsaviour(f): 9:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
The points are:

Respect shouldn't be about how much you earn but about how well you do your duties as a man.

A woman is not designed to be a bread winner. She can do it for a while but the man have to get up and be a man - the provider and protector

The men should build their self esteem so they don't feel threatened or become a wizard that stops the growth of their wives because of fear that she will earn more

Be ever committed to growth and personal development so you can upgrade your income should that happen.

Be responsible as a man and foot your bills while your woman support. Once you shift your responsibility, you have indirectly sold your right like Esau.

When.men complain that women become bread winners for a while and start complaining, I tell them this:

When you were the provider, she managed the home.

Now she is the provider and you still want her to do your job and do hers (managing the home)

This makes you double useless to her.

When you provide, she manage the home and when she is providing, take up her own part which is managing the home and you will experience peace.

she may not even allow you do the managing but the commitment to be productive in the home is something valuable to her.

You can't be poor and a wizard at the same time.

The problem is that we all know the right thing to do to make our marriages work but we won't do it.

Ask a Nigerian man to define submission or a wife and he will define a slave or slavery.

They forget that respect is reciprocal and is earned not forced.

Build yourself into a man worthy of respect and your wife will worship the ground you walk on.

When everybody do what is expected of them, there will be peace.

11 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by CsRockefeller(m): 9:36pm On Jun 19, 2020
dalass:

Calm down ke?

She dey vex.... grin grin grin

D guy comment touch her wellla.

With d tone she wrote that comment, she fit slap d guy if he dey close.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by tunjijones(m): 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2020
Hathor5:
I respect people for many different reasons but never for how much money they earn.

Babe this is pure lie. Are you going to respect me the same way you respect dangote?

Let's be sincere if me and dangote are seeking for your attention, you wld attend to dangote first bfor u even reason me.

1 Like

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Jsaviour(f): 9:39pm On Jun 19, 2020
CsRockefeller:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Not necessarily. I just hate nonsense and it's ingredients.
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by CsRockefeller(m): 9:42pm On Jun 19, 2020
Jsaviour:

cheesy cheesy cheesy Not necessarily. I just hate nonsense and it's ingredients.

It's well. If we allow love as Christ preaches, we would all be fine.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by tunjijones(m): 9:47pm On Jun 19, 2020
cooooooks:
The obsession with submission is ridiculous. I, for one, have no interest in a submissive wife.

Am sure u are not married. Get married first and see if you still don't have interest in a submissive wife.

And my guy it wld be worse if you marry a domineering wife. I have seen women that always feel that there opinion is always better than their husband opinion... Can you deal with that?

3 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Jsaviour(f): 9:50pm On Jun 19, 2020
CsRockefeller:

It's well. If we allow love as Christ preaches, we would all be fine.

Exactly!!

Self love first then

Selfless love to our spouses and humanity.

The Bible said "love your neighbor as you love yourself". It didn't say "love your neighbor more than you love yourself".

This means
Zero Selfishness (expecting what you can't give or are not willing to give)
Zero low self esteem (feeling worthless)
Zero self hate ( not caring for your peace and happiness by enduring trash because of...)

Most men only remember the Bible when it comes to submission and respect. They tore away the part of "Love your wife like Christ did the church" (selfless love)

The measure you give is what you will receive.

6 Likes

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by Jsaviour(f): 9:51pm On Jun 19, 2020
tunjijones:

Am sure u are not married. Get married first and see if you still don't have interest in a submissive wife.

And my guy it wld be worse if you marry a domineering wife. I have seen women that always feel that there opinion is always better than their husband opinion... Can you deal with that?

Can you please define submission for us from your point of view?
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by dagreat4(f): 9:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
A woman's respect for her husband is not determined by how much he earns but how he is able to hold himself wel as the manl and ensure she is secure as a wife.A man with a sence of purpose is a big plus.in our African setting however,some women who are financially better placed by their husbands and are very humble still get fraustrsted by their ego filled husbands who will stop at nothing to make the woma

n feel they're the head (as if the headship is in contention).I seriously sometime feel this men feel they do not deserve the kind of respect and loyalty they get from this women .An insecure man will never see a humble,respectful wife as one even if she cut her head and give to him.

1 Like

Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by dalass(f): 9:52pm On Jun 19, 2020
CsRockefeller:

As in, eh grin grin
Re: How Much Respect Can A Woman Who Earns Higher Than Her Husband Give? by DexterousOne(m): 9:55pm On Jun 19, 2020
mdan:
It's widely known that love alone, is not enough to keep a family standing. There are other factors contributing to a healthy marriage of which respect, loyalty, money etc are involved.

Now, in a situation where a wife earns more than the husband, will there be respect?

And if there is, how long can a woman keep up before she starts acting weird?

For the ladies do you think it's an issue earning higher than your husband?

It depends on the woman

I have seen a housewife disrespect her provider husband

And also seen a successful businesswoman respect her husband as well.

So it really depends

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Mother Wants To Throw Me Into Bankruptcy / A Concubine Should Not Be Made To Pay For The Sins Of A Cheating Spouse!!! / ‘Men With Many Wives Live Longer Than Those With Just One’- 91-year Old Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.