Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,050 members, 7,814,604 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer (59405 Views)

Photos From John Odigie-Oyegun 80th Birthday Celebration / Where Is Odigie Oyegun? / Why I Withdrew From APC Chairmanship Race- John Odigie-oyegun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Wasky101: 8:52pm On Jun 12, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
PDP has taken Edo Mark it
I wanted to take you serious but who takes anybody that says"mark it" serious

2 Likes

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Okwyjesus(m): 9:00pm On Jun 12, 2020
Officialgarri:
Obaseki wants to rub shoulders with Oshiomole cheesy I fear who no fear that man

Ize iyanmu had problem with Oshobaba, he ran to PDP and lost to Osho's candidate. .

Obaseki now has problem with Oshobaba and has quickly jumped to PDP (confirmed sources) .
No doubt, he will suffer what Iyanmu suffered.

Never bite the finger that fed you. Because Wike escaped Amaechi doesn't mean Atiku could escape Obasanjo since 2003 o cheesy

Amaechi and Wike case is different ooh.
Amaechi didn't really make Wike. lt's a rob my back and l rob your back relationship.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Ezmans: 9:02pm On Jun 12, 2020
EngrXrix:

Nothing will happen. Mark this
go & check edo 2019 election results
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by tonididdy(m): 9:04pm On Jun 12, 2020
Juliusmalema:
I disagree Mr Oyegun

Edo is APC state.

The problem was that Obaseki went late to see the godfather of yoruba politics (Tinubu) knowing fully well his state is a Yoruba state and the people has APC at heart.

To me the visit should have been more earlier. I think his actions got Tinubu angry. A stitch in time saves nine

ona vhenwhen

which state be yoloba state? do we look like people that pee in the kitchen sink?
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Amozever12: 9:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
ejimatic:
. According to the submission of the screening panel he did not have original copies of what he presented especially his NYSC and HSC results. Those are the bone of contention..I don't believe the sceeniring committee of eggheads will disqualify somebody who is qualified academic ally
What's this one saying? Where were they when he did the 1st tenure?Everybody knows the aim of the committee was to disqualify Obaseki
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by shugabasbn: 9:10pm On Jun 12, 2020
Lessons to learn as a governor of the state, make sure u perform exceptionally well like Fashola during his first tenure n run away from unnecessary distraction's like Oshobaba n never fight someone that is up there if u are also a fraudulent ones
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
k2money:

You are wrong this is not about Buhari. Since apc became a party they have been winning Edo states so what makes the state a pdp state?
okay.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by kvngmaxy(m): 9:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
oshiomhole owns edo politics

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by guass(m): 9:13pm On Jun 12, 2020
How can you disqualify a sitting Governor with all his power of incumbency? Is baba sleeping or vegetative as alleged.
Now I know Baba has no interest of the party. How can u allow one politician to destroy APC simply for SELFISH REASONS?

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by oyeb15: 9:14pm On Jun 12, 2020
McCoy662:
If Obaseki's credentials are truly genuine, why not go to court and reverse things for himself?
On the other hand, if he knows he's contesting with a forged credentials and he went ahead to fight oshomole that knows him in and out, then thank God for getting a liar out of the Edo guber race

Court will jail him if those credentials are fake. It will be like d case of Bode George vs Lagos State.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Amozever12: 9:18pm On Jun 12, 2020
shugabasbn:
Lessons to learn as a governor of the state, make sure u perform exceptionally well like Fashola during his first tenure n run away from unnecessary distraction's like Oshobaba n never fight someone that is up there if u are also a fraudulent ones
I don't think so, Fashola was the choice of Tinubu during the 2nd tenure against Dr.Hamzat which the state party wanted. If Ambode had been submissive enough to Tinubu and his men, his fate would've changed, but it was too late when he realized his mistake.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by ODI444(m): 9:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
Juliusmalema:
I disagree Mr Oyegun

Edo is APC state.

The problem was that Obaseki went late to see the godfather of yoruba politics (Tinubu) knowing fully well his state is a Yoruba state and the people has APC at heart.

To me the visit should have been more earlier. I think his actions got Tinubu angry. A stitch in time saves nine
PDP has 2 senators, 4 out of 5 HoR. They won presidential election there.
So how do you mean?
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Kuginzi: 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2020
Davash222:
Oshiomhole tried this nonsense with Rochas pre 2019 election. He refused Rochas in-law from becoming the Party's flag bearer. Rochas, legit handed over the state to PDP and move to Senate house.
Tyrant Buhari intervened by using Supreme Court to bring Hope back.

Obaseki shouldn't go the way of Ambode. We make war to live in peace.
Hmm!! How does it affect you Mr adviser?

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by golddare: 9:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
Islie:
Obaseki’s Disqualification: APC Will Suffer Dire Consequences, Says Odigie-oyegun

https://punchng.com/obasekis-disqualification-apc-will-suffer-dire-consequences-says-odigie-oyegun/

Defection and resignation will begin by next week. Windows for transfer is now open.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Donmaximum: 9:28pm On Jun 12, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Edo is a Yoruba state.
For Ur Analogue mind
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by creekman(m): 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
kings59:
Like for him to decamp to PDP

Share for him to remain in APC

If una like make una put the 'likes' for ''auto likes''. The number of ''likes"" will not make Obaseki win the election eventually.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Abdul4trust1(m): 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2020
SadiqBabaSani:
PDP has taken Edo Mark it
without political structure?
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by HabuD: 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2020
McCoy662:
If Obaseki's credentials are truly genuine, why not go to court and reverse things for himself?
On the other hand, if he knows he's contesting with a forged credentials and he went ahead to fight oshomole that knows him in and out, then thank God for getting a liar out of the Edo guber race
Point is, even if he goes to court and he is eventually reinstated into the race, will he still survive a primary election being orchestrated by Oshio, his very own enemy? There are lots of spikes placed along his path already. This certificate thing was only the first spike. The best option he has is to decamp to PDP. If its true that its the national secretariat of the APC that determines APC primary elections in the state level according to their constitution, then we need no soothsayer to know that Obaseki will never survive it in the long run even if the court initially rules in his favour. He will only end up wasting his time in the APC until the deadline for party submission of candidates by INEC elapses and he will then lose on both ends. So point is, since he knows his future chances in APC is bleak, he has no other choice than defect now before time runs out.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Sannisege: 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
Bekool:

There's nothing special about the three they are just using very crude method to remain in power which has reduced nigeria to the poverty and insecurity capital of the whole world. These three very corrupt wicked individuals have now turned themselves into the major problem of nigeria which Nigerians must take out to know true freedom and progress. Nigeria will surely never develop like other advanced civilized nations with these kinds of criminal politicians.
why don’t the PDP politicians you obviously support use the same crude method to remain relevant. Rants of a loser
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by ejimatic: 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2020
Amozever12:

What's this one saying? Where were they when he did the 1st tenure?Everybody knows the aim of the committee was to disqualify Obaseki
. How would it be if he came out this night to present the original copies of his HSC and NYSC certificates?But sadly he did not....I don't think he deserves sympathy.APC knew he was not qualified to contest four years ago but allowed him to contest.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by HabuD: 9:39pm On Jun 12, 2020
Okwyjesus:

Amaechi and Wike case is different ooh.
Amaechi didn't really make Wike. lt's a rob my back and l rob your back relationship.
What most persons don't know is that it was Wike and Magnus Abe that made Amaechi and not the reverse. Amaechi never really had any political structure and rode on the back of Wike's grassroot political structure to become governor on both terms. That was why Wike was able to easily dislodge Amaechi from power, and still does so till date. Even Magnus Abe is a tough nut for Amaechi.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Corporate2020: 9:42pm On Jun 12, 2020
bolaayenimo:
What's Oyegun's political value?

Even his ward he could not win not to talk of LG. Useless old fool. Oshiomhole rubbished Oyegun and his 46 miscreant betrayer Senators lead by Bukola Mesugamba Saraki, Dino Melaye and Sheu Sani, none of them returned to the Senate. Only Oshiomhole and Tinubu could do that

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Sleevia: 9:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
Juliusmalema:
I disagree Mr Oyegun

Edo is APC state.

How is his state a Yoruba state? If it were igbos now, u cretins will call it attache by force.

Benin blood flows in me and was raised by Benin people and I know who owns Edo state as majority.

Sit this one out... PDP owned that state at one time but let's watch and see what will happen.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Pavillon: 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
McCoy662:

Abeg help me tell these people wey quote me since.

This thing is simple, it's more like you are accusing me of what I did not do. Go to court and not only win what is rightly yours( reversal of the disqualification) but also clear your name from any defamation that it must have caused. With all the dust he has raised earlier, do you think he will lay low if the reason for discrimination was false?
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by yemex04(m): 9:44pm On Jun 12, 2020
Obaseki's decision to deny 14 elected Law makers swayed public sympathy away from him
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by tunize(m): 9:47pm On Jun 12, 2020
McCoy662:
imagine what u wrote now if Obaseki is a liar then Oshiomole too is because he knew all this tins yet handed over power to him.(don't u tink that this same trap too will affect oshio)?now same Oshio that called Ize-Iyamu all sought of names, is still picking him. now what does this imply?it simply means oshio choices of candidates lack integrity. waitn happen between oshio and rochas for imo go happen for Edo. nor b who first laugh na who last laugh.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by profstar(m): 9:48pm On Jun 12, 2020
McCoy662:
Asin court is the first thing to think about in this kind of issue, I don't know what is in the head of these governors.
Except, as you have said: No clean hands for equity
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Sleevia: 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
Malawian:

APC didn't win an election into Edo state, They got a kangaroo Court ruling to install Oshiomole. PDP was ruling through Oserienme Osunbo.
they actually won that election. People came out and voted for oshiomole. I was in Benin and I know what happened. Lucky looted Edo state and did nothing, which is what gave APC power.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by OriOko88(m): 9:49pm On Jun 12, 2020
The whole bruhaha na season film, only God knows what d outcome would be. As things stand now, edo state hangs in d spring balance, swinging either ways of pdp and apc,very very unpredictable. But it seems obaseki is still weighing up his option whether to give up or decamp,its a dire situation.
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by leisuretym: 9:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
Juliusmalema:
I disagree Mr Oyegun

Edo is APC state.

is this your definition of democracy?

Godfatherism?
Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by Agugbadin: 9:54pm On Jun 12, 2020
Is better to disqualify him than APC win and be disqualified for inconsistencies in his documents just like what happened in Bayelsa.

1 Like

Re: Obaseki’s Disqualification: Odigie-Oyegun Reacts, Says APC Will Suffer by OriOko88(m): 9:55pm On Jun 12, 2020
You won't see naija girls chucking mouth in this type of intriguing political discussion, later now they would be shouting 35% affirmative action up and down. How would that possible when most of them don't have interest in politics and at d same time want equal rights as their fellow men. Contribute and share your views, stop playing second fiddle games

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Charles Okah's Daughter Tarila To Wed, Visits Dad In Prison To Seek Blessing / How Buhari Can Prove He’s Not ‘jubril’ From Sudan – CUPP / Halimat Babangida's Bride Price: N500k, 10 Cows Paid By Auwal Abdullahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.