Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,471 members, 7,836,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

Are Catholics Really Christians? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Catholics Really Christians? (12601 Views)

Are Catholics Idol Worshippers? Pls See Pics / Do Catholics Really Know Who What And Why They Worship (pictures) / Are Catholics Idol Worshippers ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by barikade: 12:17pm On Jun 07, 2007
@nyabinghi,

nyabinghi:

White roses,

Please where did God say jesus is the only way to him. Study your facts well.

And is there any verse where God said that Jesus is not the only way to Him?

When Jesus said, "I am THE Way" (John 14:6), He was not offering a compromise for another way. If you study this issue well enough, you will find that His statements were emphatic when it comes to who He is and what He can do:

John 6:44 - "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day."

In the same way, Jesus made it clear that He is THE way to the Father (rather than a way):

John 14:6 - "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me".
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by olufash: 1:17pm On Jun 07, 2007
WHAT A TERRIBLE SITUATION WE'VE GOT HERE. WHY ARE YOU ACCUSING CATHOLICS? PLS DONT JUDGE UNLESS YOU WILL BE JUDGED.  IT'S NOW I NOW THAT PROTESTANTS ARE VERY CONFUSED [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by thesilent1(m): 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2007
i think white rose might come back with "all those statements were made by Christ and not god" ( just trying to trouble shoot ahead lol) but it would not be a valid excuse to be honest.

@ topic,

the fact is this, if you confess jesus as lord and you serve him, you are a christian (christlike, adopted into the same family). Now what particular "fashion" name you would like to be under is totally up to you.

as long as you are IN christ and are hearing from him, growing and being edified and edifying others, you could be in the "THESILENT1 CHURCH" for all i care.
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by barikade: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2007
olu fash:

IT'S NOW I NOW THAT PROTESTANTS ARE VERY CONFUSED

Em. . @olu fash,

Are you helping the discussion or just trying to spit your own fire? grin
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by Pamperme: 2:55pm On Jun 07, 2007
Very funny topic, so what are Catholics if they are not Christians?
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by thesilent1(m): 2:59pm On Jun 07, 2007
apparently they are the mafia as they re not Muslims! LOL
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by barikade: 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2007
thesilent1:

apparently they are the mafia as they re not Muslims! LOL

Oh golly! You guys make me laugh out so loud! grin
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by Pamperme: 3:13pm On Jun 07, 2007
@ the silent1
lol
that means we'll open another thread
NEW THREAD
ARE CATHOLICS MAFIA?
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by olutomiwa(m): 3:16pm On Jun 07, 2007
i,m sure guys from other religions are enjoyn this and probably laughing their hearts out,wot a pity.
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by viee(f): 3:17pm On Jun 07, 2007
lol @ pamperme

abi o
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by thesilent1(m): 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2007
i,m sure guys from other religions are enjoyn this and probably laughing their hearts out,wot a pity

let me be clear on my stance on this issue; i believe that catholics, protestants, penticostals, baptists, etc are all CHRISTIAN denominations! whether people of those denominations are teaching EVERYTHING the way it should be, i can not say.

the humour i show in this thread is because of how silly i think the question is, and unfortunately the lowest form of wit; sarcasm is my form of showing the silliness.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/63840/Guillen-The-Vaticans-Mafia-exMonsignor-exposes-corruption-inside-Vatican-2003

read the link above to see an ACTUAL book about the mafia and vatican connections (i can not say if this is true or not BUT i know what i am LIKELY to believe)
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by Pamperme: 3:50pm On Jun 07, 2007
Am a Catholic and i believe in Jesus Christ , i honour Mary because she gave birth to who i refer to as my Lord, am a follower of Christ. This topic is just too funny. Av heard worse things about Catholicism but am focus on one thing and that's HEAVEN.
@ Sister Viee grin
Glory to Jesus
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by olutomiwa(m): 3:57pm On Jun 07, 2007
Pamperme:

Am a Catholic and i believe in Jesus Christ , i honour Mary because she gave birth to who i refer to as my Lord, am a follower of Christ. This topic is just too funny. Av heard worse things about Catholicism but am focus on one thing and that's HEAVEN.
@ Sister Viee grin
Glory to Jesus
honor to Mary.
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by tasiana(m): 3:59pm On Jun 07, 2007
honour to Mary
I did not say worship oooo wink b4 they attack! lipsrsealed

@ viee
Where ve u been hiding.Ve u eaten the coconut rice and snail? grin
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by Pamperme: 4:10pm On Jun 07, 2007
@ tasiana
abi o, there is a difference between honour and worship o
@ olutomiwa
where she wan see dat kain thing chop? in this harsh economy,
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by tasiana(m): 4:14pm On Jun 07, 2007
lol @ pamperme

i kinda like ur name wink
As for Viee.Dnt worry she holds her side well grin
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by viee(f): 4:19pm On Jun 07, 2007
holy Mary wink

tasiana, i don chop am oooooo
how u dey?
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by viee(f): 4:21pm On Jun 07, 2007
olu, pamperme, tasiana,

Glory to Jesus
Honour to Mary

kiss kiss kiss
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by Pamperme: 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2007
@viee
u like enjoyment, no be small
can u send some to me too, i
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by tasiana(m): 4:22pm On Jun 07, 2007
And please Brethren,lets not do this
with all due respect we all knw there re 2 things we shld never argue about ,Religion and *u knw what*
It can only lead to feud,more feud and a whole lot of animosity.

I JUST WANT WORLD PEACE  grin

kiss to y'all
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by Pamperme: 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2007
Peace with all men. I love you all.

We are One in Christ.
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by barikade: 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2007
tasiana:

with all due respect we all knw there re 2 things we shld never argue about ,Religion and *u knw what*
It can only lead to feud,more feud and a whole lot of animosity.

Let's just tell ourselves the truth. As long as people have anything to say on religion, there is bound to be arguements. The question is HOW we handle the arguments that ensue.

Even when people discuss sports (like football, my fav), folks argue! Who's going to win; who made a false pass that gave the opposing side the victory; who is this, that or the other! At the end of the day, we still cheer our teams on and laugh at our heated debates. Oh, admittedly, arguments over sports have drawn a few daggers that sent some people to their untimely graves; but people still argue!

And romance? Haven't people argued in that as well?

Even politics?

Well, perhaps it is true (as one of my friends once put it): "the only things people never argue about seems to be what has never been mentioned and nobody has ever heard of!"

We can argue or debate any issue. Bottomline: let's just remember that what matters more is HOW we handle and contain our arguments and debates!  grin
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by Pamperme: 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2007
good talk
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by Carlosein(m): 4:52pm On Jun 07, 2007
more of a debate than an argument.
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by barikade: 5:13pm On Jun 07, 2007
Carlosein:

more of a debate than an argument.

Lol. . . you're apt. wink
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by Bobbyaf(m): 6:59am On Jun 09, 2007
Let me ask Catholics this question. Is Mary in heaven interceding on our behalf as the RCC teaches? What proof do you have that she was resurrected in the first place?

That is all!
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by Carlosein(m): 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2007
@babbyaf:
wat do u think about the whereabouts of mary, i mean where do you think she is: heaven, hell, nowhere?
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by ricadelide(m): 7:08pm On Jun 12, 2007
@Tomiwa
i,m sure guys from other religions are enjoyn this and probably laughing their hearts out,wot a pity.

bros,
there's nothing to be pitied here; it only shows how important TRUTH is and how ERROR in any form (even if it has the 'Christian' name tag appended to it) is to be exposed. we are to be wary of any form of falsehood, even if it were to be in our own house.

"if the righteous is difficultly saved, where shall the impious and the sinner appear?" 1Pet.4;18

"Test yourselves to see if you are in the faith; examine yourselves!" 2Cor.13;5a
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by barikade: 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2007
ricadelide:

@Tomiwa
bros,
there's nothing to be pitied here; it only shows how important TRUTH is and how ERROR in any form (even if it has the 'Christian' name tag appended to it) is to be exposed. we are to be wary of any form of falsehood, even if it were to be in our own house.

Exactly. Well appreciated. smiley
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by olufash: 10:59am On Jun 13, 2007
what are u guys talkin about?
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by olufash: 11:10am On Jun 13, 2007
pamperme, we are not one in christ ooooo. if we are, we will not be writing rubbish against our selves
Re: Are Catholics Really Christians? by moondust(m): 12:17pm On Jun 13, 2007
@ topic
pikin wey talk say him papa no go sleep, him sef no go sleep o!
even if u proove that catholics are not christians, what will it change?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

MFM G.O ,dr DK Olukoya And His Wife Celebrate Their Birthday Today / My Testimony, My Survival (Graphic Images) / Apostle Paul's Brutal Message To Galatian Christians On The Gospel Of Grace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.