Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,727 members, 7,955,763 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:31 PM

Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience (68894 Views)

Toasting According To Profession (See How To Toast) / Before You Toast A Girl Go Make Money, Buy Benz, iPhone- Slay Queen Advises Guys / Chinese Man Marries Muslim Nigerian Girl As He Accepts Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by jakizio42(m): 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2020
Biodun1929:
I have so many. Damn! I was so shy back in the day and thought that was how I will be forever.

Imagine, I was on my own jejely in year one, reading my book and minding my business. Although I had a girl I used to talk to, but just as a friend. Then one day, the girl's friend came to meet me and asked why I haven't asked the girl out. What?? I said. And the girl said her friend likes me that I should ask her out after classes.

That's how my heart started beating. Lol. Girl that I normally talk to on a regular was now making my leg shake, and making me sweat like Christmas goat. The girl even asked me what was wrong with me. Lol. That's how I opened my mouth and said with shaky voice, 'bimpe said I should ask you out.' Worst day of my life. Lol! The girl started avoiding me after that incidence.

Before then, I wasn't good with toasting girls, but after that, I had a crazy phobia and never approached a girl again. Till one day, I had shoulder pain cos I used to carry a lot of books in my bag...I went to see the doctor, and he gave me some drugs to use. Men! I don't know if cocaine was part of the drugs, but my confidence on that day was on another level. I was standing on my corridor in our department when one fine girl I could have never opened my mouth to talk to passed by and I just said, hey come here. And the girl answered me. I was shocked. I started talking to her, flowing, and the girl was smiling and flowing with me. I was like, WTF, so it is this easy? From that day, things started changing small small.
But guy year one for crying out loud what where you thinking even my bro in js2 can't do that

1 Like

Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by Biodun1929(m): 3:31pm On Jun 16, 2020
jakizio42:

But guy year one for crying out loud what where you thinking even my bro in js2 can't do that

Lol! Abeg don't bring back the memories of that aweful day. cry

1 Like

Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by Biodun1929(m): 3:32pm On Jun 16, 2020
myles16:

Was just being sarcastic, actually it has always been like that, even my ss1-3 was like that

Okay.
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by jakizio42(m): 3:38pm On Jun 16, 2020
myles16:

Asin she even sat at the VIP table with my place empty, I could see her face mehn, she was fukin lonely...I pitied her even tho I was the one that put her in that situation with nothing I could do....
She wouldn't have bought the gown in the 1st place, she would have stayed home jeje...I stressed her
But the girl was so strong to even still talk to you again o and you were so wicked you know how girls are am sure she started planning for it since her js3 chai such a pity
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by MrCEO69(m): 3:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
Prinsola:
My Shyness won't even let me walk up to a girl talk less of toasting her. I'm 26+ now and I'm still battling with that. My life is even becoming boring day by day.

I'm seriously regretting it but wetin I go do when there's no one to help

We fail to realise something, why date someone you don't know, you can't just jump right in. You become friends with the person and this always makes it easy.
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by ume1000: 3:54pm On Jun 16, 2020
What if girls come Waka jam this thread

1 Like

Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by HazardMan(m): 4:03pm On Jun 16, 2020
ume1000:
What if girls come Waka jam this thread
Them go just begin feel fly, especially the fine ones
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by Lifeisnotfair: 4:05pm On Jun 16, 2020
Where do I even start from? My own shyness is out of this world. There're many experiences I've had but I think this one was by far the worse. I remember my second year in school I saw one girl like that and wanted to form James Bond in front of my friends, I asked my friend to call her for me and he did.

When she was coming closer to where we was standing, it was as if the world has suddenly come to an end, everywhere became very dark in my eyes like I was going blind, I was shaking, sweating and breathing very fast at the same time. Very hot tears started coming from my eyes.

She finally got to where I was standing, I didn't know how these words came out of my mouth "I just wanted to greet you" and she said okay, waited for some minutes and then she left because the silence was like a graveyard. Till forever my extremely low self-esteem would not even allow me say hi to any girl talk more of toasting her.

Life is not fair oo!!!

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by dumininu01(m): 4:22pm On Jun 16, 2020
Albertone:
How about those who don't know what to say?

Any help
Just be confident,make eye contact n no frown o grin before u approach her, start by approaching ladies you don't like so the pressure won't be great as you don't need to worry about rejection or embarrassment
On what to say it depends on how you met her... If she wears a nice gown or has a nice hairstyle You can say u like it and want to recommend it for someone... I think someone said it here too... I once met a lady at the market and approached her and said it's my first time of coming here she should help me out... From there it lead to other discussions and I collected her number... So it depends

1 Like

Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by myles16(m): 4:24pm On Jun 16, 2020
jakizio42:

But the girl was so strong to even still talk to you again o and you were so wicked you know how girls are am sure she started planning for it since her js3 chai such a pity

I think so cause her jss 1 to ss3 was in an only girls school and being a boarder for that matter. Anytime I think of it I just felt like setting up a fresh date then giving her a nice one....tho she messaged me out of the blue of recent

1 Like

Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by boyjo: 4:49pm On Jun 16, 2020
jakizio42:

Azin ehn me sef i neva see. She tok say she get boyfriend she still con kiss am abi me no read am well
Nna but who am i to judge who am i
Lol, the story just dey anyhowgrin
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by boyjo: 4:52pm On Jun 16, 2020
myles16:

Asin she even sat at the VIP table with my place empty, I could see her face mehn, she was fukin lonely...I pitied her even tho I was the one that put her in that situation with nothing I could do....
She wouldn't have bought the gown in the 1st place, she would have stayed home jeje...I stressed her
Eyaah..if she know na shyness cause am, she for waka come down from the table come meet you, lock hand with you and lead you the table.
She no know.
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by boyjo: 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2020
jakizio42:

Azin ehn me sef i neva see. She tok say she get boyfriend she still con kiss am abi me no read am well
[b]Nna but who am i to judge who am [/b]i
You are jakizio42 grin
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by myles16(m): 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2020
boyjo:

Eyaah..if she know na shyness cause am, she for waka come down from the table come meet you, lock hand with you and lead you the table.
She no know.

She didn't see me sef, I didn't pick her calls even tho I was looking at her on stage where she was sitted...if she gives me the chance Sha after 8 years I can still right my wrongs

2 Likes

Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by brainiac228(m): 5:08pm On Jun 16, 2020
majamajic:
I still wonder how some one shy to toast a girl , in fact toasting is my hobby , I do it for fun .
Toasting a girl inside a group of girls is not cool , but if u want to, first start playing with the ugliest among them , then u can switch to the one u like.
Instead of u to run for that girl , u for go ask her ' pls I want join a group in this church, pls recommend for me a group ,
Whatever answer she gave u , say thanks and go . Then perfect everything next Sunday
Church toasting is very easy , try salon toasting
grin

1 Like

Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by Vyzz: 5:09pm On Jun 16, 2020
Lifeisnotfair:
Where do I even start from? My own shyness is out of this world. There're many experiences I've had but I think this one was by far the worse. I remember my second year in school I saw one girl like that and wanted to form James Bond in front of my friends, I asked my friend to call her for me and he did.

When she was coming closer to where we was standing, it was as if the world has suddenly come to an end, everywhere became very dark in my eyes like I was going blind, I was shaking, sweating and breathing very fast at the same time. Very hot tears started coming from my eyes.

She finally got to where I was standing, I didn't know how these words came out of my mouth "I just wanted to greet you" and she said okay, waited for some minutes and then she left because the silence was like a graveyard. Till forever my extremely low self-esteem would not even allow me say hi to any girl talk more of toasting her.

Life is not fair oo!!!

Even ur moniker show say u dey shy

But u can't be more shy than me is impossible

Nobody here on nairaland could ever be....
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by NACE13: 5:15pm On Jun 16, 2020
Damn funny experience from guys here grin grin

I used to think I was the odd child while growing up; My elder bro was already a baller when it came to wooing the opposite sex. I, on the other hand was a disaster. Even the word 'shy' itself was embarrassed for my sake.

I used to stalk my crush back then, I'd walk many paces behind her in order for her not to suspect anything and I was darn good at it.....actually, that was all I was good at when it comes to girls.

Their apartment had a balcony where she usually gist with her friends and siblings, I'd sit for hours from my room window watching and praying to God that some day she'd be my wife. I'd draw us together on our wedding day, me in my Tux, she, in her pretty white gown cry . I once followed her to her church and waited for hours till they dismissed just to see her walk back home with her siblings. The funny but stupid thing was that I knew 100% she liked me too, but I just couldn't see myself approaching her.

After some years, we moved out of the hood and I don't know how it happened but one day, during my first year in the university, I was walking home from lectures and I saw her from a distance (she didn't see me), na so man quickly dive enter barbing salon to ask barber for how much them dey use barb hair.
After she walked past the shop, I gave her few seconds and started walking....actually stalking her again, till she stopped a commercial motorcycle and zoomed off. That was the last time I saw her. Mind you, I was now quite good with approaching women but that girl had an effect on me....I could walk up to 5 girls in one day but that very day, I returned to my kitty cat mode

Another one:
One of the most popular girls back in secondary school once told my buddy she wanted to see me. Dudes, I avoided her the whole term.
Not to brag but I am good looking alright, with 6'3 height (yeah, no profile picture, sorry),but I came to realise I took after my mother's very very shy nature. My dad still tease her about it till date. My big bro took my dad's natural confidence.
My first ever gf was the one who asked me out, since she was tired of waiting on your very own.

Immediately I got admission into the higher institution, boy! I completely changed, It was like I was snapped out of it in a second. The truth is, I finally understood how to approach a woman and when I do, I make sure I put the pressure on her no matter who she is. I make her know that I got about a thousand more girls to hit on after I am done hitting on her.

3 Likes

Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by noziz(m): 5:19pm On Jun 16, 2020
GreaterDC:
abeg o, na so life treat me.

If life give give u lemon, turn ham to lemonade!
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by Ovii123(m): 5:21pm On Jun 16, 2020
Funny experiences.
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by StChivalry(m): 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2020
gowonmaharajah:
i don't pray this happens to a shy nigga just like it did to me.after working on my confidence, rehearsing some pick up lines.

I have got this gal who usually comes to my dept to read after days' lectures.really good looking,seemed porshe .first day sighting her,i was struck.What a beauty!
told ma my close pal about her and knowing the type of guy I am. I appreciate fine girl miles away but won't dare approach em.
ma guy sha dey boost my morale to do the do buh this shyness won't leave me oo.
when I determined on taking action,telling her how much how attracted
I was to her...Omo,I'd just relapse.
I wanted to surprise myself one day.rehearsed some words that could get her attention.seated in a corner flipping thru her book, naso I carry myself go meet this babe.
me:hello,can I disturb you for a moment?
that my approach was a big mistake.I shouldn't have used that line as a startup.
naso de girl look me puzzlingly oo.
her:you say what?
I repeated my initial statement. Omo,naso de girl gimme all this kind attitude. talked to me as if I was a kiddo or smthng
sensed she was nt gonna hear me.I just walked out there in shame oo.
my confidence was damned bruised.e pain me o

I do see her on campus sha.
It appears the event u just relayed, occurred of late.
So, U have to work on your self-esteem. Some of the advice given on this thread goes a long way.
You can also Google up further allaying hints.
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by Equity15(m): 5:45pm On Jun 16, 2020
2018PROFSUNDAY:
Ok now she's a bread that's why you're toasting her. The word WOO is the correct word to be use.for example I wooed Cynthia yesterday night. shocked
English man..is there anything like yesterday night or yesternight?
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by StChivalry(m): 5:55pm On Jun 16, 2020
Biodun1929:

Lol @ 'lilly-livered.'

By the way, I already wrote my story. Diary of a Shy College Kid. It is in the Literature section, but not under this my moniker. I have another account dedicated to my stories (Kayo80). You can check it out if you are interested.
Share me the link. That would be better.
I think u outgrew your unnatural shyness when u entered tertiary school.
Women are humans meant to complement us, men. We should not get frightened by them.

4 Likes

Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by Biodun1929(m): 5:57pm On Jun 16, 2020
StChivalry:

Share me the link. That would be better.
I think u outgrew your unnatural shyness when u entered tertiary school.
Women are humans meant to complement us, men. We should not get frightened by them.

https://www.nairaland.com/4960053/diary-shy-college-kid-year
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by Exodora: 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2020
HazardMan:

No worry, when e reach time for you to marry village people go help you settle that matter
Still don't know how guys find it difficult to approach girls.
One month after my NYSC this particular guy called me to tell me he wants to marry me. I am still shock till now cos he comes to my room , we chat and laugh together but nothing serious at when I have food I do give him but he never showed any sign of friendship now he wants to marry me , I still don't believe him at all.
I haven't giving him any reply cos I barely know him apart from we chat and laugh together I can't categorically say he is like this or that.
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by Albertone(m): 6:13pm On Jun 16, 2020
miracood:
I'm 19. The first time I asked a girl out was 2wks to my 19th birthday and it was under funny circumstances

On this faithful day, I was on the staircase that leads to my lecture room, when I saw my guy with a very beautiful girl.

She's from my department, and I've seen her for sometimes tho.. my mind was never in to her..

That faithful day on the staircase, I jokingly told her I liked her... She was like.. really??

She asked about my gf... I told her I had no gf...

Naso relationship begin.. she even gave me the first sex in my life... before her, I've never asked any girl out before... But after she accepted me, it gave me confidence to ask other girls out.

Wow!This kind of scenario is very rare!

How old is she?
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 16, 2020
Albertone:
Wow!This kind of scenario is very rare!

How old is she?
20 I'm 19 tho I look more bigger than my age (I'm very tall. So I can comfortably approach a 23 yrs old girl, with her smelling a rat cool
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by Albertone(m): 6:15pm On Jun 16, 2020
dumininu01:
Just be confident,make eye contact n no frown o grin before u approach her, start by approaching ladies you don't like so the pressure won't be great as you don't need to worry about rejection or embarrassment
On what to say it depends on how you met her... If she wears a nice gown or has a nice hairstyle You can say u like it and want to recommend it for someone... I think someone said it here too... I once met a lady at the market and approached her and said it's my first time of coming here she should help me out... From there it lead to other discussions and I collected her number... So it depends

Cool!

Thanks for the heads up!
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by Albertone(m): 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2020
miracood:
She didn't mind the age difference or she didn't know she is older??
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jun 16, 2020
Albertone:
She didn't mind the age difference or she didn't know she is older??
she had no clue I'm 19.

I'm a tall slim fella
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by banana99(m): 6:26pm On Jun 16, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Isoright

Toasting woman na the easiest thing on planet earth

Just start with wetin them dey like talk about. Just think of anything them dey interested in
For example
Just first tell her say
Girl this hairstyles looks good on you. What is the name let me recommend it for some one
She will definitely answer you because body go sweet her for the compliment
Where have u been all this while ma guy...me sef na shy guy and e be like say u na professional and u go don cancel like 2 million yanshes with wetin ur post so

Then try to go further into hair styles
Probably name some hairstyles for her and try to make her educate you about it
Rihanna, bob Marley, kinky ball, twisting, side path, crotchet, braiding, chuku

Almost every lady dey like this discussion and they will be happy to enlighten you.
Like play like play discussion don start
You as a shy niggarrr supposed know what to do next because she will be so free at heart talking about it

Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by Albertone(m): 6:28pm On Jun 16, 2020
miracood:
she had no clue I'm 19.

I'm a tall slim fella
I thought as much cos many girls don't want to date someone they are older than.

So I'm guessing you lied about your age or you guys never talked about age ish.
Re: Trying To Toast A Girl As A Shy Guy. Share Your Experience by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 16, 2020
Albertone:
I thought as much cos many girls don't want to date someone they are older than.

So I'm guessing you lied about your age or you guys never talked about age ish.
I told her I'm 21 angry

Oga I no fit loose that fresh babe cuz of age ish

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

The Longer There Is NO SEX, The More... / Hausa Man Weds Oyinbo Bride. See Wedding Photos / Nigerian Gay Journalist, Chisom Peter, Goes Public With His Partner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.