Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters (81398 Views)

See What Obaseki Was Caught Doing Today As Election Results Comes In / Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin / Obaseki Was Oshiomhole's Best Man At His Wedding To Iara (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Sheggy13(m): 5:48pm On Jun 14, 2020
frog12:
since you know nigerian university better. please tell us if direct entry dey in the 1970s then.

also tell us if you were born in the 1970s.

and also tell us which department professor ayuba is with. and with bursary/admissions department he is with.

I asked you a simple question, you refused to answer.. You are beating about the bush.. Tell me how your "smart" student Obaseki finished in UI in 3 years without Direct entry.. You were talking about people finishing earlier than the duration of their programme.. I asked you to give me example of such people that finished from a Nigerian University like UI, you haven't.. I'd really love to learn from you Sir since you're obviously older than me and more familiar with University education in Nigeria in the 70s than I am.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by frog12: 5:55pm On Jun 14, 2020
so you are admitting you were born in the 80s. then go and ask others what methods the universities allowed. UI already said he attended and graduated, so they have no problem with his studies or how he was admitted. there's no beating around the bush here. the school said they have no problem with obaseki! it means they allowed him as a student using their admission methods. no illegality there. that story is finished.

many of the people in NASS were the students that used to arrange their chairs to seat next to the smart students during exams. i was in a class like that. they are the ones that used to cheat. but we are not questioning how they pass. we only care if they have the diploma. people learn and become smarter as they grow older!

is professor ayuba the vice chancellor of UI?? is he the education minister

Sheggy13:

I asked you a simple question, you refused to answer.. You are beating about the bush.. Tell me how your "smart" student Obaseki finished in UI in 3 years without Direct entry.. You were talking about people finishing earlier than the duration of their programme.. I asked you to give me example of such people that finished from a Nigerian University like UI, you haven't.. I'd really love to learn from you Sir since you're obviously older than me and more familiar with University education in Nigeria in the 70s than I am.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Babinski: 5:59pm On Jun 14, 2020
Tolumiide:
You mean Obaseki served at different high capacity, even with APC, became a Governor without certificates?
This life, ko level. Ko balance

Nigeria politicians like people with skeletons in their cupboards because they can always use the skeletons to keep them in check and also against them when necessary. To assume Obaseki was clean when he was with Oshiomole in APC and his credentials were not being questioned is a Big Stretch of Imagination!
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by ospido: 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
Tonyfx:
Oshiomole that doesn't even have certificates at all ruled Edo state for 8yrs now because he has issues with oshiomole his certificate don get comma. nonsense angry

Why on earth did they put them on public domain whereas Oshomhole never showed us his own when it mattered most? Campaign strategy right? But they're going to fail.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Sheggy13(m): 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2020
frog12:
so you are admitting you were born in the 80s. then go and ask others what methods the universities allowed. UI already said he attended and graduated, so they have no problem with his studies or how he was admitted. there's no beating around the bush here. the school said they have no problem with obaseki! it means they allowed him as a student using their admission methods. no illegality there. that story is finished.

many of the people in nass were the students that used to arrange their chairs to seat next to the smart students during exams. i was a class like that. they are the ones that used to cheat. but we are not questioning how they pass. we only care if they have the diploma. people learn as they grow!

is professor ayuba the vice chancellor of UI?? is he the education minister

Yes, you're right.. I was born in the 80s as you rightly deduced.. Well, I'm just surprised the standard during my time was higher than it was in your time especially how our parents used to brag about how education was more standard and tough then.. No one can dream of approaching a school like UI for admission in my time with the type of O'Level result Obaseki got. That is what got me more astounded. At the end of it all, everything is politics.. We the masses are just being played. Thanks for your time Sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by frog12: 6:12pm On Jun 14, 2020
chei ! you think our students were smart then? do you think many could get A3 on English then?
those O level results were good enough for those times. yes, you can not dream of approaching UI with that type of result in today's environment because they are many students for the school to accept. so they make the standards stricter and harder. in those days, anyone that wanted to study was allowed. even a pepper seller. i don't have to be alive then to even tell you that. you should know after looking at Gowon or murtala or tafewa balewa's videos.

they didn't have to disqualify obaseki because he provide more documents than was asked for.

Sheggy13:

Yes, you're right.. I was born in the 80s as you rightly deduced.. Well, I'm just surprised the standard during my time was higher than it was in your time especially how our parents used to brag about how education was more standard and tough then.. No one can dream of approaching a school like UI for admission in my time with the type of O'Level result Obaseki got. That is what got me more astounded. At the end of it all, everything is politics.. We the masses are just being played. Thanks for your time Sir.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Sheggy13(m): 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2020
frog12:
chei ! you think our students were smart then? do you think many could get A3 on English then?
those O level results were good enough for those times. yes, you can not dream of approaching UI with that type of result in today's environment because they are many students for the school to accept. so they make the standards stricter and harder. in those days, anyone that wanted to study was allowed. even a pepper seller. i don't have to be alive then to even tell you that. you should know after looking at Gowon or murtala or tafewa balewa's videos.

they didn't have to disqualify obaseki because he provide more documents than was asked for.

You're very correct.. Nigerian educational system was just evolving then and sadly we're still evolving till now.. Only few people were ready to study to University level then as against now where B.Sc is like pure water.. I get your point now. Stay safe.. It's well.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by frog12: 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2020
i am happy you see my point. take care!

Sheggy13:

You're very correct.. Nigerian educational system was just evolving then and sadly we're still evolving till now.. Only few people were ready to study to University level then as against now where B.Sc is like pure water.. I get your point now. Stay safe.. It's well.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Cherez: 6:47pm On Jun 14, 2020
Salvador1:
Thunder fire oshiomole
Thunder fire obaseki
Thunder fire iyamu

Who them EPP

If u need agbo pls come forward.
Sharp sharp no time.
Thunder fire who?
But the disqualification reasons are appropriate naaa
Please stay away from emotions and face facts
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by pfadom: 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2020
DeRay98:

What forgery Sir?
Did university of Ibadan deny that he didn't get his degree there?
The only problem he's stock with is he's not being able to provide his A/level HSC certificate(the only missing link) which he like many students do often, failed to collect once he gained university admission.

If you go by the February 2020 supreme court judgment that invalidated the election of Bayelsa State deputy governor-elect and by extension the governor-elect since they were elected on a joint ticket. UNIPORT did not deny the authenticity of the certificates, but he needed more than sworn affidavit for any change of name or loss of document.

That explains why even PDP is reluctant to accept him (Obaseki).

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by seunayantokun(m): 8:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
If these things are true then Oshiomole didn't finish Obaseki but the latter had finished himself since the 70s when he deceived himself. He should have collected all necessary documents. 'Obasek' matter with NYSC should have been corrected immediately.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by olmoRoc: 8:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hmm! As far as I can remember, my ex in-law had spent only 3 yrs in UNIBEN when he graduated in 1981 with a degree in Estate Management. And from memory, the 6-3-3-4 system was introduced in the 2nd half of the 1980s. Anyway, oshiomhole didn't go to school, so he wouldn't have know the number of years people were required to spend in university in the 70s.

P.S. @ Sahara Reporters: I thought they were interested in his HSC which he used to gain admission into OAU?

Well, I could be wrong
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by seunayantokun(m): 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
olmoRoc:
Hmm! As far as I can remember, my ex in-law had spent only 3 yrs in UNIBEN when he graduated in 1981 with a degree in Estate Management. And from memory, the 6-3-3-4 system was introduced in the 2nd half of the 1980s. Anyway, oshiomhole didn't go to school, so he wouldn't have know the number of years people were required to spend in university in the 70s.

P.S. @ Sahara Reporters: I thought they were interested in his HSC which he used to gain admission into OAU?

Well, I could be wrong

UI not OAU.

With HSC, you spent 3 years for 4-year course at the time. Many of the schools running the higher school are no longer existing and records keeping culture isn't perfect in this country.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Salvador1: 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2020
Cherez:

Thunder fire who?
But the disqualification reasons are appropriate naaa
Please stay away from emotions and face facts
do u miss road?
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by frog12: 1:44pm On Jun 15, 2020
so the apc screening committee concluding that his hsc is defective as the edusystem doesnt know it, is wrong!
isn't the hsc the same as form 6 those days? yes. we call them higher school then or A/levels, even higher form.

seunayantokun:

UI not OAU.

With HSC, you spent 3 years for 4-year course at the time. Many of the schools running the higher school are no longer existing and records keeping culture isn't perfect in this country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK / Who Is This Senator And Why Is He Angry (pic) / Buhari Marks Inauguration With N61 Million 2019 Mercedes Benz (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.