Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters (81429 Views)

See What Obaseki Was Caught Doing Today As Election Results Comes In / Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin / Obaseki Was Oshiomhole's Best Man At His Wedding To Iara (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by frog12: 1:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
look at yourself. did ui even have direct entry those times?

did he meet the programme's requirement in 3 years and they allowed him to graduate?

Sheggy13:
I actually thought UI was different among Nigerian institutions and had risen to a stage manipulations like this can't take place. This Obaseki saga really exposed them. Imagine admitting someone into a BA programme without a credit pass in English Language and with just only 3 credits O'Level. He was also made to graduate in 3 years for a 4-year programme when he didnt get in through Direct entry.. Such a shame to UI. First it was ABU with that of Dino Melaye and now UI.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
DeRay98:

Stupidity and ignorance dey worry you.
Since when did Obaseki family become politicians or had say in Edo politics?
Where did you see his family involved in the political atmosphere of Edo that empowered him into political office?
Una go just yarn kpoa kpoa like corn wey dey roast for fire.
No dey talk wetin you no know ... angry

Uneducated graduate. ... I don't need to waste my precious time with Buffon like you...because your response is contrary to my post.
But Lemme give you this assignment: go and check the word "Influence" in the dictionary or you google it....read and understand the word...
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by fyneguy: 1:38pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ruggedniggaone:
last last obaseki will contest with his o,level result under PDP and disgrace OSIHOMOLE and thief iyamu

APC can still use the false affidavit to nail him.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by martineverest(m): 1:39pm On Jun 14, 2020
BornRicch:

Are you saying Edo central is more populated than Edo north?
nope....Edo central got population,but Edo central isn't afemai only
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by wasi9ice: 1:40pm On Jun 14, 2020
Forget that thing,,,, was it not with same certificate he won and ruled Edo for the past election??

Let him join another party with his O level and and contest ,,,
If he is a grassroot governor , he will win..

Edo people might give him a sympathy vote
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by petitejolie(f): 2:01pm On Jun 14, 2020
cucumbae:
Na handout and sex for grade most of una dey take pass.That is after una don boycott lectures to go spend time with una sugar daddies for months.
really? But wait o how does your answer correlate with i posted? Or are u trying to say obaseki had sugar daddies. he is d one with questionable credentials. Cos i know if i contest for edo elections, they cant disqualify me based on fake credentials fa
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by NazBoss: 2:06pm On Jun 14, 2020
In as much as I dislike our politicians but some times I duff my cap for them, take it out or leave it, Obaseki is going no were, if his own party can bring him out like this, giving him ticket in PDP is a work over for them. Some of us might dislike Tenibu, Osho and some other politicians in Nigeria but in reality they understand the political terrines more better than some others, I have not wonder why Obaseki said he will not appeal his disqualification and why Ambode did not fight back because they knew that they can not win the people the are fighting with.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by ernieboy(m): 2:08pm On Jun 14, 2020
I think univ of ibadan has some questions to answer with regards to how he graduated in three years and with 3 credits
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by RunThins: 2:11pm On Jun 14, 2020
To all those asking him to decamp, do you guys really believe any party of substance will give their ticket to him now? Someone that presented a fake affidavit? Go ahead and see the outcome.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by frog12: 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
why should they answer you
there are smart students.. some may fail today, some may pass tomorrow. havent you heard of people around the world that finish their university in short times? i know some.

ernieboy:
I think univ of ibadan has some questions to answer with regards to how he graduated in three years and with 3 credits
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Sheggy13(m): 2:52pm On Jun 14, 2020
frog12:
look at yourself. did ui even have direct entry those times?

did he meet the programme's requirement in 3 years and they allowed him to graduate?

Don't make me laugh.. How do you meet the requirements of graduating from a programme in 3 years in a Nigerian University when the one of the main requirements is that you pass all necessary courses in 4 years? Educate me please how this miracle happens.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by lookingfly: 2:54pm On Jun 14, 2020
When will bubu show us hes results
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by dododawa1: 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
Salvador1:
Thunder fire oshiomole
Thunder fire obaseki
Thunder fire iyamu

Who them EPP

If u need agbo pls come forward.
Sharp sharp no time.
not fake thunder but original one
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Sheggy13(m): 3:00pm On Jun 14, 2020
frog12:
there are smart students.. some may fail today, some may pass tomorrow. havent you heard of people around the world that finish their university in short times? i know some.

You're a clown.. Smart student that only made 3 O'Level credits and could only graduate with Second Class Lower.. What an oxymoron? Do you know what it means to address a student as smart?.. So much for smartness.

People around the world.. That it is done around the world does not mean UI automatically did/does it too.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Nfora: 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2020
cucumbae:
Everyone is blaming obaseki for using forge certificate to contest for governorship election in Edo state.What about oshiomole who knew all those while but still endorsed him?
What about the electoral tribunal which authenticated his certificate?You all are not putting the blame on them?

I do not see any forgery here.

His university certificate reads July 1979.

He did NYSC,1979-80.

The only issues here are:

1.He did not declare his advanced level results with date.-Not required to be governor,anyway.
2.A probable mistake in his affidavit,stating 1976 instead of 1979 as date of graduation.-This can be corrected by another affidavit..
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Sheggy13(m): 3:28pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nfora:

He did NYSC,1979-89.

1.He did not declare his advanced level results with date.-Not required to be governor,anyway.
2.A probable mistake in his affidavit,stating 1976 instead of 1979 as date of graduation.-This can be corrected by another affidavit..
The question is why would he declare a mere attestation letter from the lesson centre he went for A'Level coaching which is a glorified class attendance register and refuse to present the result/certificate he got from the A'Level exams he wrote if he really wanted to be silent about his A'Level since it's not a requirement for governorship? My assumption is it was that A'Level he used for admissions into UI as Direct entry for him to finish in 3 years.

I just feel releasing that A'Level result might put the spotlight on UI on how he was able to get admission with such a result since everyone agrees that O'Level result he got couldn't have ordinarily given him admission. My personal thinking.. I might be wrong, but I'll be loved to be proven wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Jj222(f): 3:32pm On Jun 14, 2020
He won under Apc with same result so he will still win under another party. pls let me ask what qualifications does the president have? non
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Jj222(f): 3:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Jj222:
He win under Apc with same result so he will still won under another party. pls let me ask what qualifications does the president have? non
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by DeRay98(m): 3:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
Gforce2015:

Uneducated graduate. ... I don't need to waste my precious time with Buffon like you...because your response is contrary to my post.
But Lemme give you this assignment: go and check the word "Influence" in the dictionary or you google it....read and understand the word...

Illiterates are always first to call others illiterate...
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Liodins: 3:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
Was it not the same certificate that qualified him for the first tenure he is almost ending?
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by ernieboy(m): 3:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
frog12:

admitting a student with 3 credits is questionable unless there is something we don't know, maybe hsc or something.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by stanliwise(m): 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2020
espn:
I get you...It starts with us...Now am planning to go contest for HOR 2023 in my home town...People are hungry they wont vote you...they are hungry and will rather sell there vote for 1 cup of garri. I hope we get there someday...
if people still keep carrying this mindset, I fear that “someday” maybe a light years ahead of us.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by saintdeby(m): 3:56pm On Jun 14, 2020
Sheggy13:

The question is why would he declare a mere attestation letter from the lesson centre he went for A'Level coaching which is a glorified class attendance register and refuse to present the result/certificate he got from the A'Level exams he wrote if he really wanted to be silent about his A'Level since it's not a requirement for governorship? My assumption is it was that A'Level he used for admissions into UI as Direct entry for him to finish in 3 years.

I just feel releasing that A'Level result might put the spotlight on UI on how he was able to get admission with such a result since everyone agrees that O'Level result he got couldn't have ordinarily given him admission. My personal thinking.. I might be wrong, but I'll be loved to be proven wrong.
Good of you, the person that couldn't pass Olevel na him wan pass Alevel
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2020
FirefliesSun:
So what if PDP goes to Court to challenge obaseki and inec on the current term obaseki is serving.

I thought Nigeria has passed the godfatherism stage

Kindly read the electoral act & Nigerian constitution.
I have seen similar questions that hurts my heart.
THEY ARE STATUE BARED.

https://lawpavilion.com/blog/the-application-of-statute-of-limitation/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by ejimatic: 4:36pm On Jun 14, 2020
ahmedkoded95:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/13/revealed-real-reason-edo-governor-godwin-obaseki-was-disqualified-all-progressives
. Finally as I said yesterday Obaseki knows more than all of us and why he said he would not appeal the decision to disqualify him...
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Cameleon72(f): 4:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
Hmm
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by frog12: 5:07pm On Jun 14, 2020
wait. this was in the 1970s when standards were impressive! were you even born then?

ernieboy:
admitting a student with 3 credits is questionable unless there is something we don't know, maybe hsc or something.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by frog12: 5:09pm On Jun 14, 2020
wait. this was in the 1970s when standards were impressive! were you even born then?
you are telling me by reading,studying hard, you cannot do better? fahfahfoh!
in my science class, we had smart students, i beat them on chemistry midterm, they were all surprised. that was because i studied hard and prepared for the exam.

Sheggy13:

You're a clown.. Smart student that only made 3 O'Level credits and could only graduate with Second Class Lower.. What an oxymoron? Do you know what it means to address a student as smart?.. So much for smartness.

People around the world.. That it is done around the world does not mean UI automatically did/does it too.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by fyneguy: 5:10pm On Jun 14, 2020
Nfora:

He did NYSC,1979-80.

You missed the point. The FCT High Court said the affidavit was not issued by it. Hence, he committed forgery.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by frog12: 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2020
this is not inec or apc issue. its a matter for ui. as far as they are concerned, he met their requirements and graduated.
this is the issue with nigeria, people that sell pepper are telling you if your education credentials are fake or not. while they never even went to school.

professor ayuba or wetin he called himself, doesnt know what is fake. all he has to do is question the credibility of the credentials, and allow the candidate to answer and respond, and provide attestation from the granting schools. he has no right to disqualify. obaseki can go to court and he will win!.

this is just gutter politics!

Sheggy13:

Don't make me laugh.. How do you meet the requirements of graduating from a programme in 3 years in a Nigerian University when the one of the main requirements is that you pass all necessary courses in 4 years? Educate me please how this miracle happens.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Sheggy13(m): 5:25pm On Jun 14, 2020
frog12:
this is not inec or apc issue. its a matter for ui. as far as they are concerned, he met their requirements and graduated.
this is the issue with nigeria, people that sell pepper are telling you if your education credentials are fake or not. while they never even went to school.

professor ayuba or wetin he called himself, doesnt know what is fake. all he has to do is question the credibility of the credentials, and allow the candidate to answer and respond, and provide attestation from the granting schools. he has no right to disqualify. obaseki can go to court and he will win!.

this is just gutter politics!

You said Obaseki can go to court and win but he chose not to do that. He isn't a fool.. He knows towing that path would spell more doom for him and expose other things that's why he didn't do that. So you're more knowledge about the Nigerian University system than Professor Ayuba?

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by frog12: 5:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
since you know nigerian university better. please tell us if direct entry dey in the 1970s then.

also tell us if you were born in the 1970s.

and also tell us which department professor ayuba is with. and with bursary/admissions department he is with.

Sheggy13:

You said Obaseki can go to court and win but he chose not to do that. He isn't a fool.. He knows towing that path would spell more doom for him and expose other things that's why he didn't do that. So you're more knowledge about the Nigerian University system than Professor Ayuba?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Who Is This Senator And Why Is He Angry (pic) / Top 10 Contenders For The Presidency In 2019 If President Buhari Fails To Run / Buhari Marks Inauguration With N61 Million 2019 Mercedes Benz (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.