Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters (81397 Views)

See What Obaseki Was Caught Doing Today As Election Results Comes In / Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin / Obaseki Was Oshiomhole's Best Man At His Wedding To Iara (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by FirefliesSun(f): 6:58am On Jun 14, 2020
Tap0lane:
You can led them there now, that's is a very worthy insight.
it's lead sir

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by 2cul2care: 7:15am On Jun 14, 2020
When it's all said and done, we all know the real reason for his disqualification

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Area4Area: 7:26am On Jun 14, 2020
2cul2care:
When it's all said and done, we all know the real reason for his disqualification
Yes,
1, he has some skeleton in his cupboard, his sponsors knew about it as well and they were the ones that helped cover his tracks
2, he got to power and wanted to start rubbing shoulders with his ogas at the top
3, since you didn't want to remain loyal, they used the knowledge of your skeleton in your cupboard to get you out.

Bottom line, if you know you're going into Nigerian politics cover your track from your rivals and if the powers that brought you in know about it then you must remain loyal to them.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by ThatFairGuy: 7:30am On Jun 14, 2020
Obaseki is the architecture of his failure

Abuja Gist

Adams Oshiomhole did not know Godwin Obaseki from anywhere. It was Aliko Dangote, based on his closeness with both, that took Obaseki to Oshiomhole as his preferred candidate for Edo State governorship.

Oshiomhole accepted Obaseki and supported his ambition. He staked everything for Obaseki to realise his ambition. With Oshiomhole's support, Obaseki won the election.

The moment crisis started rearing its ugly head between Obaseki and Oshiomhole, Dangote approached Obaseki and advised him to tread cautiously on his fight against his benefactor (Oshiomhole).

Obaseki told Dangote, "this is politics, not business". Dangote was embarrassed and left Obaseki.

Now, Obaseki was feeling the heat, and his second term ambition threatened; he approached Dangote to mediate and appeal to Oshiomhole on his plight. Dangote told Obaseki, "I AM A BUSINESSMAN; I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT POLITICS".

- Adejare I.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 14, 2020
Once beaten twice shy
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by kelechi50: 7:43am On Jun 14, 2020
Area4Area:
Yes,
1, he has some skeleton in his cupboard, his sponsors knew about it as well and they were the ones that helped cover his tracks
2, he got to power and wanted to start rubbing shoulders with his ogas at the top
3, since you didn't want to remain loyal, they used the knowledge of your skeleton in your cupboard to get you out.

Bottom line, if you know you're going into Nigerian politics cover your track from your rivals and if the powers that brought you in know about it then you must remain loyal to them.
And his Nairaland warriors said you don't cage Bini man, when I told them that Ambode case will be a child's play compared to Obaseki's disgraceful exit.

10 Likes

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Olakunleyakub(m): 8:29am On Jun 14, 2020
Bro god fatherism is everywhere oooo...if you c heck very well everyone is subjected to one godfather or the other so far you have some people that you are loyal and cant say no to. see let me tell you I am never a fan of oshiomole for once, but is so saddens to see how people used to turn out to be an ingrate and betrayal to their benefactors in no time. obviously differences and disagreement are bound to happen but there are better ways of resolving issues without resulting to violence. Obaseki really made a lot of silly mistakes. What about the 2 different reconcilable committee he refused to honour? 14 lawmakers , insult on national leadership? Public celebration downfall and attack on oshiomole? [ quote author=FirefliesSun post=90643554]So what if PDP goes to Court to challenge obaseki and inec on the current term obaseki is serving.

I thought Nigeria has passed the godfatherism stage[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by caleboxylic: 8:30am On Jun 14, 2020
He doesn't need a degree to be qualified. His school certificate is not even needed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by 12345baba(m): 8:32am On Jun 14, 2020
What is classical studies?

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by YovvInteriors(m): 8:34am On Jun 14, 2020
Check my signature
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by 0taPiaPia(m): 8:34am On Jun 14, 2020
All this our politi no Sabi book wahlai.

From the head hiding in one A rock to his cronies all over the country. All of them no get common O_ level
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Lovelyn451(f): 8:35am On Jun 14, 2020
But buhari without an Olevel result was qualified in thesame party...fools!
Thats why I like rivers state, despite all the murder by apc plus propaganda during the last election, they still stood by wike

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by majamajic(m): 8:36am On Jun 14, 2020
Why do god fathers always have upper hands , upon u a are sitting governor
Look at cases of governors ngige, Ambode and now obaseki
Why do these old politicians still win the battles over these younger sitting governors ?
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by udemzyudex(m): 8:36am On Jun 14, 2020
Bighead9:

Who go vote am?

Na Edo state you dey?
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Yebosola(m): 8:37am On Jun 14, 2020
FirefliesSun:
So what if PDP goes to Court to challenge obaseki and inec on the current term obaseki is serving.

I thought Nigeria has passed the godfatherism stage

Go back to school,no wonder a lot of kids on NL yan dust here, time has lapsed for that nonsense, it's efforts in futility
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by michealewela: 8:37am On Jun 14, 2020
donttouchme:
He would hv submitted o'level Shikena..he can still run under another party with 0'level.
Google the minimum requirements now.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Bighead9: 8:37am On Jun 14, 2020
udemzyudex:

Na Edo state you dey?

I dey Benin right now.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Olarewaju89: 8:38am On Jun 14, 2020
Which result Buhari take contest for president? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by martineverest(m): 8:38am On Jun 14, 2020
Bighead9:
Obaseki is now an ex Governor of Edo State. grin grin grin angry angry grin grin

Park your load and go. grin
from a Lagosian that knows nothing about Edo state...watch how PDP and APC will unite to vote out Oshiomhole from Edo

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by SaintLucia: 8:39am On Jun 14, 2020
In Obaseki voice. Who ask Sowore to give us details! IPOB wailers just destroyed this guy political career with their yeye support and hailing on social media.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Thetruthshallse(m): 8:40am On Jun 14, 2020
To the tribal warlords in nairaland, JESUS loves you. Love the neighbor as thy selves. Shalom.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by stanliwise(m): 8:41am On Jun 14, 2020
espn:
only people who can think deeply will know this. He should go wife Ambode. 2 morons that dont understand politics.
Almost no one is talking about the mandate and deed of this men. We all here talking about politics and it’s games. I shake my head

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by israelmao(m): 8:41am On Jun 14, 2020
Crisis born out of rift between Oshiomhole and Obaseki.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by majamajic(m): 8:41am On Jun 14, 2020
martineverest:
from a Lagosian that knows nothing about Edo state...watch how PDP and APC will unite to vote out Oshiomhole from Edo

Result APC can still take to court tomorrow and win
I pray obaseki has some other plan up his sleeve , he was easily moved.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by martineverest(m): 8:42am On Jun 14, 2020
Bighead9:

I dey Benin right now.
Lagos boys claiming he is in Benin.....if u are in Benin,u won't make such statement

Benin is solidly behind obaseki
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 14, 2020
SLAWOR MIR ABI WETIN DEM DEY CALL YOU

SHEYBE U DON C AM YOURSELF
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by stanliwise(m): 8:43am On Jun 14, 2020
majamajic:
Why do good fathers always have upper hands , upon u a are sitting governor
Look at cases of governors ngige, Ambode and now obaseki
Why do these old politicians still win the battles over these younger sitting governors ?
it is Caused by Stockholm syndrome of the people
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by chukwuibuipob: 8:44am On Jun 14, 2020
grin He for knack dem say nah College of Education not University.Yeye man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK / Who Is This Senator And Why Is He Angry (pic) / Buhari Marks Inauguration With N61 Million 2019 Mercedes Benz (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.