Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,146 members, 7,815,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters (81391 Views)

See What Obaseki Was Caught Doing Today As Election Results Comes In / Why Obaseki Was Not Removed As Governor – Oba Of Benin / Obaseki Was Oshiomhole's Best Man At His Wedding To Iara (Throwback Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by spirul77: 10:32am On Jun 14, 2020
martineverest:
he has been disqualified from APC that doesn't mean he was disgraced.....at the end of the day, Oshiomhole suffers everything.

Oshiomhole from 3rd largest tribe in Edo ,afemai....remains the most hated politicians by Edo people, especially binis and esans..if u think binis and esans will allow an afemai man to dictate for them ,then u are drunk

watch how Edo people will out-rigg Oshiomhole and watch how APC and PDP will unite to vote out Oshiomhole
wahala, this is what you've resulted to? From EDO is not Lagos? I thought you said obaseki will teach oshiomhole a lesson? Oshiomhole is from EDO north and that is the second biggest after EDO south which is the binis, the smallest is EDO central, the esans, were I'm from, stop lying bro.
The binis and esans are solidly behind anybody that works and don't play politics along religious or ethnic lines, how do you expect the esans to Vote a governor that doesn't have a single project in the land? What project does obaseki has to campaign in esanland during campaign? Seems you don't even kNow the esans are planning to stone him whenever he comes canvassing for campaign again, edos are wise and don't do politics of ethnic and religion, oshiomhole showed EDO state the light in govenonace and loved and reverenced in nooks and crannies of EDO, they love him and he's the first and only governor to win 18/18 local govt in guber election in EDO, obaseki is gone, very far gone.

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Tareq1105: 10:35am On Jun 14, 2020
jaxxy:

Did the school tell u he forged anything??

Then tell Obaseki to make a statement / clarification on all these if they are not true.
Na me be Sahara Reporter or Apc committee?
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by jaxxy(m): 10:39am On Jun 14, 2020
Tareq1105:

Then tell Obaseki to make a statement / clarification on all these if they are not true.
Na me be Sahara Reporter or Apc committee?

Not to a kangaroo panel.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Tareq1105: 10:41am On Jun 14, 2020
ictplotter:

God will punish your entire generation, for supporting and promoting godfatherism. The end of Oshiomole will be worse than that of the Emperor of Venice. Did oshiomole betray Chief late Tony Anenih who help to power too?

How did Tony Anenih helped Oshiomole afterall they belong to opposite party?

Educate us pls.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Jeflox: 10:46am On Jun 14, 2020
So, how did he now won the first time and ruled for 4years?....Scammers.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by shugabasbn: 10:47am On Jun 14, 2020
How would they take education serious when many of them had shabby education background.

Our leaders our problems, the masses are the highest.
Arakadede from Msc n Prof to O-level holders.
Inside life
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Tareq1105: 10:48am On Jun 14, 2020
jaxxy:

Not to a kangaroo panel.

But remember, he who goes to equity must go with clean hands.

Obaseki should say something to Nigerians.

Why didn't he brings out his HSC results?
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Tbasicme: 10:50am On Jun 14, 2020
Kobicove:

While I agree with your comment let us not deceive ourselves that Obaseki was disqualified because of his questionable university degree.

The real reason is his spat with Oshiomhole and everyone knows this!

Exactly you are very correct. Obaseki messed with the wrong guy
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by shaggyosas(m): 10:52am On Jun 14, 2020
Go to school, school is important, politicians tell us. But at the end of the day, we are being ruled by school dropouts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2RzKLHy3Uw
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by bonnyhope: 10:56am On Jun 14, 2020
Gforce2015:
Can you imagine how Nigeria usually placed mediocre ahead of intelligent students....
Obaseki is a poor student in school but because of his family influence, he piloted to the top of the political ladder in his state.
Just imagine if all what we do in Nigeria is based on merit, Nigeria could have been better than what it's today. It is only in Nigeria that all our political leaders will always certificate issues...i haven't heard this before in another country.
Not.until we do it right, we will always be turning around at the spot and we will be thinking we are making progress.
Edo State is full of intelligent people with a proven track record and good grades in school throughout their career life..why can they call one of them to be the governor? Instead of this 3 credits certificated governor...what a shame to the people of Edo State!/

Obaseki may have fake certs
But brilliance is not equal to good governance.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Albatross1: 10:57am On Jun 14, 2020
Is the 3years calculated from his admission date to year of graduation
Because people use awaiting O/levels result to gain admission at a time..
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by moderatedguy: 10:59am On Jun 14, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
Moral of the story, never bite the fingers that fed you.
Will continue to bite if they don't respect themselves.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by haryorbarmie83(m): 11:02am On Jun 14, 2020
moderatedguy:
Will continue to bite if they don't respect themselves.
then you continue have dirty slap all times. Lol
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by MartinsD12(m): 11:03am On Jun 14, 2020
ahmedkoded95:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/13/revealed-real-reason-edo-governor-godwin-obaseki-was-disqualified-all-progressives
So Apc did not see that his certificate is incomplete they gave him all the support to win first term as a governor served first term now going to second term they now realize his certificate is not complete what a hypocrisy, are they also saying that other political parties did not know that Obaseki has a false certificate that could have made PDP challenge Obaseki to court during his first term as governor something is not adding up here, Apc is clearly lying, if really Obaseki has a false certificate why is PDP and other political parties interested and pleading with him to join their parties to contest the Edo gov. Election since he was disqualified by Apc, could PDP be that stupid to accept someone with an incomplete certificate that is contestable in court of law I don't think so, Apc is a lying machine this people behave like secret cult they kill who they want, Apc and Buhari is the worst thing to happen to Nigeria
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Asour: 11:10am On Jun 14, 2020
wallex1983:
It appears every politician in Nigeria has a questionable history. You are only a Saint as long as you are in the right books of the powers that be

As soon as they turn their back at you, they open your books.

They have finished him politically of this is true.

Not only that.

The average Nigerian is Incompetent and usually lacks integrity. Politicians are Nigerians.

Of Course there are exceptions. But those are few and far between. Even I as a Nigerian try to check myself daily to regularly rid myself of these "Nigerian" tendencies.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by backbone503(m): 11:15am On Jun 14, 2020
caleboxylic:
He doesn't need a degree to be qualified. His school certificate is not even needed.

Sure. But he cannot unsubmit the other credentials he already submitted, and if they're indefensible, he could be disqualified by a Tribunal, even after wining. So, the man now na bad market.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by jamace(m): 11:18am On Jun 14, 2020
PDP should investigate Ize Iyamu too for certificate deficiencies.......Oshiomole told us so during APC 2015 campaign.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by DonX001: 11:22am On Jun 14, 2020
kelechi50:
And his Nairaland warriors said you don't cage Bini man, when I told them that Ambode case will be a child's play compared to Obaseki's disgraceful exit.
Na wa o! Seems like you will be proved right o.
The way it's looking, Ambode's case may truly be a child's play compared to Obaseki.
At least Ambode got to primaries.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by juman(m): 11:25am On Jun 14, 2020
Tareq1105:

Yes, he sat for HSC but it's like the certificate has issues.

That's the JOKER that APC leadership is keeping from the public, probably for another day.

Okayyy.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by clerkent(m): 11:32am On Jun 14, 2020
If am the pdp candidate of edo 2016.i wil do what peter did in anambra against ngige.rule my 4years before any election wil be conducted.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Sermwell(m): 11:33am On Jun 14, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Obaseki is the architecture of his failure

Abuja Gist

Adams Oshiomhole did not know Godwin Obaseki from anywhere. It was Aliko Dangote, based on his closeness with both, that took Obaseki to Oshiomhole as his preferred candidate for Edo State governorship.

Oshiomhole accepted Obaseki and supported his ambition. He staked everything for Obaseki to realise his ambition. With Oshiomhole's support, Obaseki won the election.

The moment crisis started rearing its ugly head between Obaseki and Oshiomhole, Dangote approached Obaseki and advised him to tread cautiously on his fight against his benefactor (Oshiomhole).

Obaseki told Dangote, "this is politics, not business". Dangote was embarrassed and left Obaseki.

Now, Obaseki was feeling the heat, and his second term ambition threatened; he approached Dangote to mediate and appeal to Oshiomhole on his plight. Dangote told Obaseki, "I AM A BUSINESSMAN; I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT POLITICS".

- Adejare I.
just look at how you just swallowed lies hook, line and sinker!! I pity you!
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by jaxxy(m): 11:41am On Jun 14, 2020
Tareq1105:

But remember, he who goes to equity must go with clean hands.

Obaseki should say something to Nigerians.

Why didn't he brings out his HSC results?

I don’t know, have u seen Buhari’s certificate till now? Have u guys asked him? bt u shud be more worried why a university will admit him without it which isn’t possible.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Sheggy13(m): 11:43am On Jun 14, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Obaseki is the architecture of his failure

Abuja Gist

Adams Oshiomhole did not know Godwi non Obaseki from anywhere. It was Aliko Dangote, based on his closeness with both, that took Obaseki to Oshiomhole as his preferred candidate for Edo State governorship.

Oshiomhole accepted Obaseki and supported his ambition. He staked everything for Obaseki to realise his ambition. With Oshiomhole's support, Obaseki won the election.

The moment crisis started rearing its ugly head between Obaseki and Oshiomhole, Dangote approached Obaseki and advised him to tread cautiously on his fight against his benefactor (Oshiomhole).

Obaseki told Dangote, "this is politics, not business". Dangote was embarrassed and left Obaseki.

Now, Obaseki was feeling the heat, and his second term ambition threatened; he approached Dangote to mediate and appeal to Oshiomhole on his plight. Dangote told Obaseki, "I AM A BUSINESSMAN; I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT POLITICS".

- Adejare I.
This story is most likely a lie saying it was Dangote that introduced Obaseki to Oshiomhole and that's why he supported Obaseki succeeding him. Oshiomhole himself said that Obaseki was the brain his economic reforms when he was governor for 8 years. Obaseki headed the economic team. That means they've been acquaintances even before Oshiomhole became governor in 2008.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by fredoooooo: 11:45am On Jun 14, 2020
Bighead9:

No talk this thing wey you talk for Benin oo, you go chop enough beating aswear. grin grin grin grin
I dey Limit Road.

Make i ask you, mention the 10 projects Ugly Obaseki did in Edo state since he asumed office 4 years ago?

You dey mind all these E- politicians grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by fraymite: 11:47am On Jun 14, 2020
FirefliesSun:
So what if PDP goes to Court to challenge obaseki and inec on the current term obaseki is serving.

I thought Nigeria has passed the godfatherism stage
They cannot anymore. There is a window period for challenging an election result at the tribunal and this period has passed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 14, 2020
bonnyhope:

Obaseki may have fake certs
But brilliance is not equal to good governance.

Intelligent and brilliance are two different words they may be synonymous but they are not the same words.

Google is your friend
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by nanyanuel(m): 11:48am On Jun 14, 2020
FirefliesSun:
So what if PDP goes to Court to challenge obaseki and inec on the current term obaseki is serving.

I thought Nigeria has passed the godfatherism stage
Exactly what I am thinking. If he is not qualified now to contest then he also got to his present position fraudulently.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Sheggy13(m): 11:52am On Jun 14, 2020
I actually thought UI was different among Nigerian institutions and had risen to a stage manipulations like this can't take place. This Obaseki saga really exposed them. Imagine admitting someone into a BA programme without a credit pass in English Language and with just only 3 credits O'Level. He was also made to graduate in 3 years for a 4-year programme when he didnt get in through Direct entry.. Such a shame to UI. First it was ABU with that of Dino Melaye and now UI.
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by Sheggy13(m): 11:56am On Jun 14, 2020
martineverest:
he has been disqualified from APC that doesn't mean he was disgraced.....at the end of the day, Oshiomhole suffers everything.

Oshiomhole from 3rd largest tribe in Edo ,afemai....remains the most hated politicians by Edo people, especially binis and esans..if u think binis and esans will allow an afemai man to dictate for them ,then u are drunk

watch how Edo people will out-rigg Oshiomhole and watch how APC and PDP will unite to vote out Oshiomhole
What do you mean vote out Oshiomhole.. Is Oshiomhole contesting for 3rd term? You talk as if Ize-Iyamu contesting under APC is not also a Bini man. He's not a novice in Edo state politics. You think he isn't formidable enough and have a huge fan-base too?
Re: Real Reason Governor Obaseki Was Disqualified - Sahara Reporters by moderatedguy: 11:58am On Jun 14, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
then you continue have dirty slap all times. Lol
Then will continue giving them bicycle kicks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court sentences Orji Kalu to 12 years in Jail, FG to take over SLOK / Who Is This Senator And Why Is He Angry (pic) / Buhari Marks Inauguration With N61 Million 2019 Mercedes Benz (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.